Update 5.1

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

FireRadical #21 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:59 AM

Sergeant

• 15794 battles
  • [ODDS]
Well it's time to see another drop in online players again... I mean what you are doing is just like sucking up money from the game asap before it legitmately dies and then, nobody can ask for refunds from you and all. And this... this is a lot worse than the maus buff wot pc this string of updates ur giving.... Are you trying to keep the game up or are you planning to have it shut down sooner or later 'cause ur actions points more towards the latter.... You can try prove us wrong otherwise but its already a known fact tht online players are decreasing in number in general.... Rating battle is like an empty desert, platooning tanks whose tier differ by 1 gives an extremely long queue time... These are alr signals that... the game is rly dying and you prob intend to let it happen so that people can use world of tanks pc... Seriously, wg, you got to do something about because i doubt the majority of wotb players would even want to or able to play ur wot pc...

Good luck on the battlefield! May RNGesus be with you.

From your average mate,

FireRadical

Anandhuz #22 Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:36 AM

Private

• 40712 battles
  • [DC_]

RIP blitz , the fun part is gonna die after 5.1. 

tertius_keen #23 Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:32 AM

Private

• 36392 battles
  • [ANZAC]

This confirms that WG have changed their business model in that it is going to cost the new player money to increase diversity. In that those tanks taken out of the line will go to premium tanks, if it is just like the WZ 121B for sale it is just an enriched tank that can be nerfed and only available for cash, then technically when they nerf it they are breaching a contract in a sale of purchase unless the player accepts the nerf. Their EULA does not repeal this right under Australian law and they would have to refund money, not in line mickey mouse stuff, to compensate for this. This all comes about by some arrogant players that cannot accept that people have to learn and are not born, like them with the sun shining from some fundamental orifice.

If WG truly wants people to stay with the game they should offer the diversity to all players new or old. Should they restrict the consumable slot maybe. Should they restrict the equipment slots not again, we had only three then went to nine that where unlocked with gold or time(another grab for cash). When people left in droves they realised that it was a poor business model as their player base dramatically shrunk. Who now would entertain committing to a game with 10? tanks free at tier 1 to 4. 

The idea of nerfing tanks bought for money on any occasion again breaches contract unless both parties agree on each point on each tank.

If WG were truly trying to imrove the experiences they would have better tutorials, have a coop battle like WOWS matchmaker wouldn't put some one with greater than 10,000 battles against some one with 100. They would increase the time to unlock the next tier by not allowing express unlocking with gold and add a minimum number of games in each tank before next tier is unlocked.

As to going to seal club the "Noobs"  maybe those more experienced should play with 3/4 to a 1/2 of the hits points to give "Noobs" a fighting chance.

This direction that they are taking is ill-formulated and displays an arrogance that is prevalent from their staff as displayed in the answer to tickets submitted.

Reminds me of the story of "who killed the goose that laid the golden eggs".

Baaadmutha888 #24 Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:03 PM

Sergeant

• 57161 battles
  • [HTL]

Nerfing the lttb again?!!!! This is an awfully silly idea.

For some reason, they are obviously trying to kill-off the remaining LTTB players. They might as well delete the LTTB from the game altogether.

The existing LTTB is not overpowered, nor over-armored. In fact, the armor is already crap. That’s why you see very few people playing LTTB since it was last MEGA-nerfed.

Shame on the developers for completely wrecking another tank!!!

Edited by Baaadmutha888, 28 July 2018 - 03:09 PM.

mowk #25 Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:22 AM

Corporal

• 47963 battles
  • [TFO]
oh wow they tinkered w lower tier consumables n provisions. r they out of their dang mind? making harder to move n shoot with already fustrating lower tier won't make people to open their wallets. watch players thin out.

SteveHat #26 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:49 AM

Sergeant

• 10920 battles
  • [ANZUS]

This change is really going to hurt tier 5 too. As the two provision slots only access the poorer fuel and crew skill boosts. So if you run protective kit the best improvement to track and turret rotation is 3%. A tier 6 can get about 14/15% to both plus greater improvements to aim time, engine power, dispersion etc. This is a significant nerf to all tier 5 tanks when up again tier 6. 

I see no advantage in any of these changes or how they will practically help new players. 

What is so bad about a 20% churn rate with new players? I would have thought that would be low for any mobile game. 

mowk #27 Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:17 AM

Corporal

• 47963 battles
  • [TFO]

Turret is not turning in water after update!!!! holy S***!!!

wombat_15_1 #28 Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:24 AM

Corporal

• 7567 battles
  • [ANZAC]

View PostFireRadical, on 24 July 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

Well it's time to see another drop in online players again... I mean what you are doing is just like sucking up money from the game asap before it legitmately dies and then, nobody can ask for refunds from you and all. And this... this is a lot worse than the maus buff wot pc this string of updates ur giving.... Are you trying to keep the game up or are you planning to have it shut down sooner or later 'cause ur actions points more towards the latter.... You can try prove us wrong otherwise but its already a known fact tht online players are decreasing in number in general.... Rating battle is like an empty desert, platooning tanks whose tier differ by 1 gives an extremely long queue time... These are alr signals that... the game is rly dying and you prob intend to let it happen so that people can use world of tanks pc... Seriously, wg, you got to do something about because i doubt the majority of wotb players would even want to or able to play ur wot pc...

Yep, so much for promoting the game in a good way. One would think WG would be aiming to keep their long time supporters & attracting new players to the game at the same time. It will end in tears for WG, RIP WOTB.......

Koji001 #29 Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:00 AM

Private

• 4365 battles
After this update the game suddenly became unplayable for me. Google play indicates that my device isn't compatible with this version. I have installed this game way back 2016. Anyone encountered this issue?

Neb10k #30 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:21 AM

Captain

• 56763 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostSteveHat, on 31 July 2018 - 01:49 AM, said:

This change is really going to hurt tier 5 too. As the two provision slots only access the poorer fuel and crew skill boosts. So if you run protective kit the best improvement to track and turret rotation is 3%. A tier 6 can get about 14/15% to both plus greater improvements to aim time, engine power, dispersion etc. This is a significant nerf to all tier 5 tanks when up again tier 6. 

I see no advantage in any of these changes or how they will practically help new players. 

What is so bad about a 20% churn rate with new players? I would have thought that would be low for any mobile game. 

You are completely right. Why nerf Tier V to hell?

Perennial_Noob_Kill_Me #31 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

Corporal

• 1353 battles
  • [WAPN]

View PostMaXStyler, on 16 July 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

Changes to Matchmaker and to New Player Experience

Full text news

Update 5.1

Update will be released on July 31

It looks to me that WG are all animal lovers, and they aim to emulate one animal in particular - called an Ostrich. An ostrich believes that hiding its head in the sand eliminates danger.

WG: We need to stop 20% churn

Some players: Fix matchmaking at low tiers so newbies fight newbies and veterans fight veterans

WG: No! We already have rating battles which are broken and no one can use successfully already!

Some players: Too many noobs at higher tiers

WG: No problem, lets nerf lower tiers and make it so that veterans with tier7 crews, lots of credits to prammo, are allowed at low tiers, but new low tiers wont be able to enhance their tanks with provisions! They will learn better!

WG: We need to update things to make things better

Some players: You broke auto aim for a lot of us, fix it?

WG: No! that's a new feature addition

Some players: I've been playing for ages and didn't get a tank drop from any crates in ages. Can you increase at least large crate drop %s proportionally for players who have played for a year or longer?

WG: No! that's bad business, lets give the newbie who bought some gold a Lowe. He knows how to use it already.

Edited by Perennial_Noob_Kill_Me, 31 July 2018 - 10:16 AM.

Ronnel_999 #32 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:54 AM

Sergeant

• 21843 battles
  • [BOOM2]
I played several games solo and in a platoon after update 5.1. 
I notice that there are lots of 40% players playing in mid tiers who barely learned that they can shoot their guns and turn their turrets... 

I noticed that my Stug's movement was slower (I use double fuel before to make it traverse more) since I can only use cheap fuel. I usually use double fuel for most of my tanks especially slow tanks like the KV1. Going down tiers, the tank feels sluggish. This 5.1 update is not an upgrade but a downgrade. From tiers 1 to 5, everything moves in slow motion. 
I feel that tier 5 and 6 has become the new seal clubbing tiers. Tiers 5 and 6 feels like tier 4 before. Tier 7 feels like tier 6 before...
Truly a very nice update downgrade, thanks WG!

NocturnZing #33 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:28 PM

Corporal

• 4050 battles
  • [NZ]

adding in same vein, as a convo I saw in chat

WG: we need to balance the game, we will remove provisions slots for low tiers

A genius: Ok, but at least leave the best provisions in game for low tiers to use. they really help.

WG: No! we will remove the provisions players heavily rely on, built a new enrichment slot for low tiers later on, so players will need to buy them using only Gold. We all want to buy an island each @WG.

NocturnZing #34 Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:52 PM

Corporal

• 4050 battles
  • [NZ]

View PostRonnel_999, on 31 July 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

I played several games solo and in a platoon after update 5.1. 
I notice that there are lots of 40% players playing in mid tiers who barely learned that they can shoot their guns and turn their turrets... 

I noticed that my Stug's movement was slower (I use double fuel before to make it traverse more) since I can only use cheap fuel. I usually use double fuel for most of my tanks especially slow tanks like the KV1. Going down tiers, the tank feels sluggish. This 5.1 update is not an upgrade but a downgrade. From tiers 1 to 5, everything moves in slow motion. 
I feel that tier 5 and 6 has become the new seal clubbing tiers. Tiers 5 and 6 feels like tier 4 before. Tier 7 feels like tier 6 before...
Truly a very nice update downgrade, thanks WG!

Went up in a AMX 38 against an A20, and a BT7 against Pz2G. Tanks are definitely slower now without the provisions.

Now the A20 has its auto-loader and I don't have a provision to speed up my ROF in AMX. Pz2G still has its earlier ROF, no way to speed up BT7 Art ROF to get to decent now.

Its now much easier for autoloader tanks to kill other tanks. This update bias is now More harmful to lower tiers that could use provisions to boost areas to at least give a fighting chance.

Neb10k #35 Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:32 AM

Captain

• 56763 battles
  • [KR0N0]
Wait and see what happens to A20 in update 5.3....

clintos3 #36 Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:39 AM

Private

• 10751 battles
  • [KIWI]

The Leo Tier 5 has been nerfed. I couldn'teven pen a tier 4 Panzer front or back and no joy from behind at all on a KV1. Looks like the Leo will be retired as i can only imaging being matched with tier 6!!!

__Noobieman #37 Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:05 AM

Corporal

• 8542 battles
  • [AVSW]

5.1 doesn't fix the main problem - noobs and new players who don't seem to be learning how to play (and play as a team) below tier V, they then start playing tier V & VI still with no idea. 

Removing lower tier provisions needs to be reversed.

Edited by __Noobieman, 14 August 2018 - 06:05 AM.

MikeyBeeee #38 Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:03 AM

Corporal

• 11526 battles
  • [CHUBY]
I have to admit that the MM does seem to be a little better (during peak times). The teams have been far more balanced with it not so obvious which is the team that should walk out as clear winners. Still not perfect by any means but it does feel a little fairer.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users