Sergeant

• 9006 battles
  • [TERRI]
Nice update :)

Creighton_Abrams #3 Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21917 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Read it, and the Provisions Slot limitation is NOT going to fix anything and infact make it harder for some tanks to progress.. Having 1 slot simply forces users to buy the most expensive provision item ( Multi-Purpose Restoration Pack) - something beginners can't afford. So the focus of this change, appears more to be helping users spend money/credits than actually help them enjoy the game. Such a disappointment.

if, they (WG) wanted to help new players, then you'd need to start looking at the Crew skills per Tier. Tier X players who have Crew Skill level 7 in everything will clearly outmatch any new player when they go Seal clubbing, not because of skill, but because they have more responsive tanks, etc at the same level.

When changes such as this do happen, perhaps WG should consider resetting the Statistics that each player has in the impacted tanks to 0.  Infact, that maybe something to consider on every release, all players go back to 0.

I guess the release will allow WG to fix the message that says Tier V onwards allows access to Supremacy missions... since it's been only Tier VI+ for the past couple of releases....

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 16 July 2018 - 02:04 PM.

Jason_Yim #4 Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:47 PM

Sergeant

• 9006 battles
  • [TERRI]
As for us it's just a dream

Creighton_Abrams #5 Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21917 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Jason_Yim

As for us it's just a dream 

Jason, explain please what you mean ?  How do you see these changes benefiting you ?

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 16 July 2018 - 01:58 PM.

HassanAhmedKhan #6 Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:52 PM

Private

• 21729 battles
  • [125MM]

I think WG is starting to work on the right lines of action. Personally what I want WG to fix is the number of newbie players (NOOBS) getting into higher tiers too early. The idea should be "First Deserve Then Desire". Many end up spending money to buy Free XP and research tanks of higher tiers and once they are in battle, even these new improvements to match maker are rendered useless as player capability is never sought. Other players in the team only find out after the battle that some players in their team were not capable enough to handle tank and situation. A system and criteria should be there to give them linear progression. Many guys abuse such players just because their game play shows they have jumped tiers and they yet do not have the required ability, knowledge or understanding. If players seek fun and WG also wants to players to enjoy, then they should know abusement is not amusement. One solution to it could be e.g. I am using DW2 and have accumulated required amount of XP to research tier 5 VK30H, I should not be able to do it unless I get an ACE Mastery badge with DW2 or some specific number of Class 1 Mastery badges or a combination. If a player wants to have fun he can have fun with DW2 but to go up the ladder you have to show the worth. This single improvement I think will reduce a lot of the frustration in the players who are aiming to reach better numbers and give those who seek enjoyment a platform to enjoy as much as they can.

Creighton_Abrams #7 Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21917 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

All the changes made by WG have (just like other Businesses) money concerns driving them. The replacement of Spare Parts with Credit Requirements now increases Credit Drain, and for any new player without a Gold Tank to earn Credits with, they will be left either spending $ to buy Gold/Credits or progressing tanks eventually with low Win Rates, low Dmg, etc. This new requirement exasperates the demand for additional Credits (not a problem for Seal clubbers with 1,000,000 Credits or so) but for a new player with 10k credits its a problem. Another Spend issue is with Crates, its too easy to accidentally click on a Crate when the timer hasnt expired, and spend immediately 60k credits - something a newbie cant afford to do. So... the game as it stands appears to be encouraging spend, or leave.

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 16 July 2018 - 03:38 PM.

bigben21 #8 Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 16 July 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Read it, and the Provisions Slot limitation is NOT going to fix anything and infact make it harder for some tanks to progress.. Having 1 slot simply forces users to buy the most expensive provision item ( Multi-Purpose Restoration Pack) - something beginners can't afford. So the focus of this change, appears more to be helping users spend money/credits than actually help them enjoy the game. Such a disappointment.

if, they (WG) wanted to help new players, then you'd need to start looking at the Crew skills per Tier. Tier X players who have Crew Skill level 7 in everything will clearly outmatch any new player when they go Seal clubbing, not because of skill, but because they have more responsive tanks, etc at the same level.

When changes such as this do happen, perhaps WG should consider resetting the Statistics that each player has in the impacted tanks to 0.  Infact, that maybe something to consider on every release, all players go back to 0.

I guess the release will allow WG to fix the message that says Tier V onwards allows access to Supremacy missions... since it's been only Tier VI+ for the past couple of releases....

Sorry I don’t understand this? How is having lesser slot encourages one to spend? I would think it restricts spending having lesser slots, isn’t it? Care to elaborate?

Imo restricting the slots ensure that veterans’ lower tier tanks are not overly powered, with all the equipments and consumables, something which a newbie would not be able to afford. Isn’t it?  Please enlighten if my understanding is wrong.

Edited by bigben21, 16 July 2018 - 05:32 PM.

Neb10k #9 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:49 AM

Captain

• 56763 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View Postbigben21, on 16 July 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

Sorry I don’t understand this? How is having lesser slot encourages one to spend? I would think it restricts spending having lesser slots, isn’t it? Care to elaborate?

Imo restricting the slots ensure that veterans’ lower tier tanks are not overly powered, with all the equipments and consumables, something which a newbie would not be able to afford. Isn’t it?  Please enlighten if my understanding is wrong.

I interpreted this as that - owning a tier V tank will unlock slots.

so, my precious camo and provision slots ain’t going anywhere?

If correct, seal clubbing just got easier....

Creighton_Abrams #10 Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21917 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Its focused upon the Consumable Slots. 

Normally, as a Tier 1-3 player you'd focus on :

* Automatic Fire Extinguisher (especially if playing the easier Russian line)

* First Aid Kit

* Repair Kit

[Russian tanks are reported as needing fire extinguishers as they catch fire more easily.]

Now you will only have 1 choice.... the "Multi-Purpose Restoration kit", covers the above 3, so invariably will be required. This also happens to be the most expensive, so if like me (when recently starting up a few new accounts), you're running dry on Credits, 1000 Credits is an expense that you cant really afford. And if you are concerned about your win rate, then it's going to encourage even more hiding (to avoid getting your tracks shot off, or driver killed).  

Statistically though, the most useful item will be the "Repair kit", so this, will become the defacto standard recommendation for all low tiers. And if you're driver is shot dead... though luck, he's dead and you're a lame duck soon to be dead too... unless you're sitting sniping of course (in which case you wont care, infact you wont even need the repair kit...)

So as Neb10k says, it's just made Seal Clubbing even easier. As Higher tiers will have more Credits, to pay for the single slot MPRP.  Furthermore, having those Crew Skills, makes a difference - Firefighting (means you really dont need to use the extinguisher), similarly for Repairs and the Repair kit, not to mention the increased chance of max damage, and dispersion reductions.... it's not a level playing field. 

So, for  newbie, caring about winrate as they go along, then $ will clearly make a difference. (I could be cynical and suggest that its all Engineered in the name of squeezing money out of those with the $ to pay, rather than for the enjoyment of the game).

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 17 July 2018 - 05:31 AM.

__ForGlory__ #11 Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]

To be honest, if you struggle for credits at lower tiers and cannot afford a restoration pack, you are doing something wrong.

I like the sound of these changes to be honest, its staging things for beginners like I suggested. This means they are no overwhelmed with so many things to consider straight away. Why do they need to think about camo, provisions, consumables, missions etc all in one go? it will allow them to focus on learning how to play.

The cherry on the cake is the new structured (apparently) tutorial that will hopefully teach new players the basics at the very least rather than just teaching them to aim and shoot at some terrible bots. I hope they do this well as it will improve the standard of new players and result in an improved base skill level in the game (hopefully)

Edited by __ForGlory__, 17 July 2018 - 08:17 AM.

__ForGlory__ #12 Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:47 AM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]

Seems people on the EU server have known about this for some time and they make some good points - tier 4 is going to be tough coming up against fully equipped tier 5's.

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/49435-update-51-low-tier-changes/#topmost

bigben21 #13 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

View Post__ForGlory__, on 17 July 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

To be honest, if you struggle for credits at lower tiers and cannot afford a restoration pack, you are doing something wrong.

I like the sound of these changes to be honest, its staging things for beginners like I suggested. This means they are no overwhelmed with so many things to consider straight away. Why do they need to think about camo, provisions, consumables, missions etc all in one go? it will allow them to focus on learning how to play.

The cherry on the cake is the new structured (apparently) tutorial that will hopefully teach new players the basics at the very least rather than just teaching them to aim and shoot at some terrible bots. I hope they do this well as it will improve the standard of new players and result in an improved base skill level in the game (hopefully)

Yeap I concur with your opinion. Keep it as simple for the newbies.

Creighton, only one consumable slot also reduce the issue of veterans having a fully fitted, equipped “op” tank (e.g a tank with adrenaline and engine booster) vis-a-vis to one stock tank driven by a newbie. Not so tough for these newbies.

In additional, I can understand wg’s logic for only multi restoration repair kit. There is only one slot, if one carry only repair kit what happen if there is an engine fire?

I think many newbies if not most don’t carry any consumables. I did not when I was new because I didn’t know what they were and how they worked, and they costed me credits. So I chose not to carry one. But the consumables are important, they should at least carry one. So its a good start here, and as they learn to play they can choose the more appropriate consumables as they move up tiers.

Anyway, imo the changes look reasonable and pretty good for now. However, we have to observe and see how the changes will affect the game after sometime.

Keep our fingers crossed and hope its moving towards a good direction.

1fsfsf #14 Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

Private

• 9723 battles
  • [OCEAN]

‘Opinion for the Change for newbie’

This update has once again proven WG sucks 

this is not helping newbie to play this game happily 

it even worsen the situation. Let me explain briefly.

Tier 1 and 2 only have one slot of consumables and no more therefore they will be easily overmatched by tier 3 which have 2 slots of consumables .tier 4 will overmatch tier 3 easily as they have more slots of provisions and equipment . Tier 5 will overmatch tier 4 easily as they have everything unlocked .  Please help if I have mistaken or miss any update content

this mean it will be impossible for tier 2 to fight tier 3

tier 3 to fight tier 4 and tier 4 to tier 5  even with great crew skills and being an experienced player wont help much. This totally affect the gameplay of low tiers and completely ruined it. Newbie and even experienced player will find difficulties grinding from tier 1 to tier 5 .

this will make newbie give up the game and experienced player leave low tier as it is no longer a fair match when you are bottom tier . Also when experienced player battle with newbie or ‘noob’ ,newbie will get rekt easily no matter the numbers of consumables equipment provisions . The only way to help newbie is to split experienced player and them away or otherwise this remain the same . Also in low tier many tanks are very fragile only one slot of consumables are not enough to cover those damage in modules and crew 

how dare you want my  light vic  to get everything in critical condition?

WoTBlitzPlayer #15 Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

Sergeant

• 4795 battles
I guess we will find out from tomorrow :-(

tea4lyfe #16 Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:31 AM

Private

• 0 battles
wheres your open test server for asian server is it only for eu? how sad wg is these days

KuroTsubaki46 #17 Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

Private

• 21258 battles
  • [LEO]
me when heard WZ-110 got nerf:arta:

Jason_Yim #18 Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

Sergeant

• 9006 battles
  • [TERRI]

View PostKuroTsubaki46, on 19 July 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

me when heard WZ-110 got nerf:arta:

lol

bluetiger80_1 #19 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:28 AM

Private

• 7115 battles
  • [ANZAC]

I for one am not looking forward to these changes. Surely if this is about helping new players to the game then there must be a way that veteran players can be shifted out through matchmaking. make it so that players with under several hundred games (not sure where to draw the line) can only be paired up with like players, even if it means playing with less than 7v7. Once over a magic experience number then withdraw that safety net. 

Reducing the complexity of lower tiers means that the game is less enthralling when I grind a new line. Which means I’m less likely to do it and therefore more likely to leave as a player. 

Not to mention any plans to nerf a tank I bought with real money will mean that I very quickly leave the game entirely. Where is there any value in WG releasing a new premium tank with good stats, getting the players to buy it (or win it with stupid crates) only to see there money devalued at the next update. 

Its TD not like I can buy a new high spec pc, Only to find the manufacturer comes runs a replaces my graphics cards with a budget  version next month!

wombat_15_1 #20 Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:51 AM

Corporal

• 7567 battles
  • [ANZAC]

View Postbluetiger80_1, on 23 July 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

I for one am not looking forward to these changes. Surely if this is about helping new players to the game then there must be a way that veteran players can be shifted out through matchmaking. make it so that players with under several hundred games (not sure where to draw the line) can only be paired up with like players, even if it means playing with less than 7v7. Once over a magic experience number then withdraw that safety net. 

Reducing the complexity of lower tiers means that the game is less enthralling when I grind a new line. Which means I’m less likely to do it and therefore more likely to leave as a player. 

Not to mention any plans to nerf a tank I bought with real money will mean that I very quickly leave the game entirely. Where is there any value in WG releasing a new premium tank with good stats, getting the players to buy it (or win it with stupid crates) only to see there money devalued at the next update. 

Its TD not like I can buy a new high spec pc, Only to find the manufacturer comes runs a replaces my graphics cards with a budget  version next month!

I totally agree with with you on all points. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users