M5 Stuart: The biggest pile of turd in tier 4 (Buyers Beware)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LightninWar #1 Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 5788 battles
  • [STURM]

Before the DW2 got buffed with the Jesus 75mm gun, it used to be one of the biggest loads of crap in its tier. And now it turned from sheiße into a real performer in tier 4 and it a lot of cases, tier 5. But not a lot of tanks ever got the attention needed or the devs attention to get buffed. So in return, they get left rotten while they eat the dust of their peers. 

Meet the M5. It has zero penetration. It also turns like a boat. It also has a lot of potential damage but doesnt have the pen to the 250 damage that it says on paper. Even with the upgraded penetration, you are not penetrating a KV anytime soon. Unlike the other tier 4 garbage trucks that has preferential matchmaking to compensate for their horrific lack of penetrating power, this thing does not have the penetration nor the armor to do well nor the needed mobility in order to survive. 

Alright enough sugar coating, lets get to the real meat

This tank

is 

hot garbage

There is no denying it. I'd much rather drive the duck or the matilda than this... understeering piece of american shit. Sure it can go fast... like a muscle car... but you turn just as well. Your gun is horrific. 

Whats worse that it shares the same tier as the Luchs, which is in comparison, better in almost every aspect! Who was the dipshit who thought giving a tank less than 70mm of gold pen was a good idea? And so I had the lowest winrate, damage etc. Everything on this thing I have horrific stats in and its not even my fault. It cannot carry, it cannot brawl, it gets blown out of the water by its peers... heck even doing 300 damage gives you third class mastery which is even less than this tank's hitpoint pool. And so if you want to get a Chaffee and get through the American clipper line, youre in a very nasty surprise in what is a gonorrhea in tanking form. Do not buy this tank for fun or for any other reason than to grind through it. There is no denying that this luchs wannabe is what happens when you dont double check the server's stats for tanks that needed buffs or needed nerfs. In fact, I'd go against grinding this thing and just skip it entirely. Your salt, your effort and your sanity does not need this hunk of junk. Keep away from it at all costs, thats how bad it is. If you think I'm kidding, just take a look at the server's stats on this thing. You may say "ugh, ugh but lightningwar stats dont say everything and my stats for this thing is..." but the truth is stats gives out most of the story. And the story is that the M5 Stuart needs a buff or else it would stay as the biggest piece of shit since the pre buff DW2.

So for god's sake, stay away from this tank and dont be like me who lost his sanity within two hours of even looking at the M5 Stuart.

So what sort of sophisticated writing can I put on here with this oh so fancy font?

Hmmm....

Link to my horrible, horrible stats: 

https://www.blitzsta...sia/LightninWar

Diamond114 #2 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:45 PM

Captain

• 15914 battles
  • [408]
It's sad that the Chinese M5A1 (which is basically the same tank) can use Chi-Ha's 47mm and end up being much, much better than its original 'Murican parent.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

xX_Konata_Izumi_Xx #3 Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:03 PM

Private

• 21238 battles
  • [ASFOW]
What are you talking about ? The m5 is one of the most fun tier 5 i had ever used it can demolish lower or same tier tanks with insane clip. I agree its utter garbage in tier 5 tho mostly because the len is lackluster but its not the worst tier 4 that title can go to the SAu 40 tier 4 french td

jzmalexander #4 Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

Corporal

• 10073 battles
  • [JD]
I Like the m5 better Than The chinese m5a1, i think Its far more fun with that 5 second clip reload. Both are quite decent tanks for their thier though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users