Low tier revamp

low tier revamp change

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

JuckslasherZ #1 Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

Sergeant

• 11048 battles
  • [ASFOW]
So about this low tier change is there a list on the tanks being deleted and a list of the tanks being converted into prems. Because I want to know if my favourite low tier non premium tank is going to stay in the game as a prem the T82 for anyone wondering.

Wishlist: Oceania Server

100 variants of the T-34-85

Haubitzenschmitz #2 Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

Corporal

• 415 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostJuckslasherZ, on 09 July 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

So about this low tier change is there a list on the tanks being deleted and a list of the tanks being converted into prems. Because I want to know if my favourite low tier non premium tank is going to stay in the game as a prem the T82 for anyone wondering.

As far as I know, most of the information that has leaked so far is based on speculation about "how" they plan on proceeding and what tanks might be concerned... not to mention which ones exactly.

My uneducated, yet best guess (based on the idea WG has apparently uttered) is that they will take out all low tier TDs from tier 1-3, except existing premiums (but only because they can't). 

Because the idea behind it is too prevent the worst seal clubbing with derb guns or OP tanks. Also, there is the idea to simplify the tech tree and more importantly the grinding to higher tiers.

And on a second note, perhaps making it less attractive for notorious low tier free loaders, to stay in those tiers (once their favourite seal clubbing vehicle has gone).  Sounds strange, but considering their usual objectives and directions, they do want players to advance to higher and higher tiers where grinding is getting a real Pita, and many are tempted to use at least bits of gold to free modules.

I am not sure if they even plan on introducing masses of new low tier premiums nor if any existing tank will be nerved, downgraded a tier or changed into premium or what else. This seems more to be Bushkas's speculations and anticipations. If he is right or not, I can't tell... but he was the most carful, to not leaking any concrete information so far. Yet it is likely that they will "push" existing low tier premiums (perhaps a new one) in those lower tiers, according to their sales politics.

Another guess of mine is that they would rather make a "smooth" transition by only taking out a few tanks with each update, in order to not piss the community necessarily off LOL

NocturnZing #3 Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:27 PM

Corporal

• 4134 battles
  • [NZ]

View PostHaubitzenschmitz, on 09 July 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

As far as I know, most of the information that has leaked so far is based on speculation about "how" they plan on proceeding and what tanks might be concerned... not to mention which ones exactly.

My uneducated, yet best guess (based on the idea WG has apparently uttered) is that they will take out all low tier TDs from tier 1-3, except existing premiums (but only because they can't). 

Because the idea behind it is too prevent the worst seal clubbing with derb guns or OP tanks. Also, there is the idea to simplify the tech tree and more importantly the grinding to higher tiers.

And on a second note, perhaps making it less attractive for notorious low tier free loaders, to stay in those tiers (once their favourite seal clubbing vehicle has gone).  Sounds strange, but considering their usual objectives and directions, they do want players to advance to higher and higher tiers where grinding is getting a real Pita, and many are tempted to use at least bits of gold to free modules.

I am not sure if they even plan on introducing masses of new low tier premiums nor if any existing tank will be nerved, downgraded a tier or changed into premium or what else. This seems more to be Bushkas's speculations and anticipations. If he is right or not, I can't tell... but he was the most carful, to not leaking any concrete information so far. Yet it is likely that they will "push" existing low tier premiums (perhaps a new one) in those lower tiers, according to their sales politics.

Another guess of mine is that they would rather make a "smooth" transition by only taking out a few tanks with each update, in order to not piss the community necessarily off LOL

Is it something technical that restricts them from removing the tier 1-3 prem TDs? some of them have derp guns too just same as the non prem ones.

If its an OP thing, I'm not sure its only TDs that are OP. For some BT7 Art can be considered to be OP too

CaptAsshat #4 Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 30140 battles
  • [BOGAN]
I have heard that anyone with a tier 6 tank or higher who goes and plays in tiers 1 - 4 will have a new symbol attached to all their tanks - that of a dead baby seal.

Gentleman Tanker.

SonderAbteilung #5 Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 50475 battles
  • [BLINK]

I don't get this mentality.  

For me, being seal clubbed when I was a newbie made my motivation to get better stronger and faster. 

Back then , seeing a STORM clan player with t46 in the red team was just the super challenge to beat him. 

Kids nowadays are soo spoiled and want everything easy. 

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

erwin10001 #6 Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 33745 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostCaptAsshat, on 09 July 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

I have heard that anyone with a tier 6 tank or higher who goes and plays in tiers 1 - 4 will have a new symbol attached to all their tanks - that of a dead baby seal.

WG has my support if they are finally going to implement what Blitzstars did a long time ago?

aazim #7 Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:33 AM

Sergeant

• 20360 battles

View PostJuckslasherZ, on 09 July 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

can i get the source of this speculation?

JuckslasherZ #8 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:18 AM

Sergeant

• 11048 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View Postaazim, on 10 July 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

can i get the source of this speculation?

http://forum.wotblit...urs-were-true/ 

is one of the links and there have been others but those are unconfirmed, Just watch the youtube video provided in the link as Bushka talks about the low tiers and later on in the video when Sk8 joins him in his vlog they go in more detail about it.

Wishlist: Oceania Server

100 variants of the T-34-85

XF1_Razer #9 Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:09 AM

Sergeant

• 10834 battles
  • [DARTH]

Wait... if they take away tanks in your garage, what be the compensation? Also, will those tanks stay in your records and stats? Surely... otherwise it would distort your entire stat layout. WG has such obscure ways of dealing with issues. I would personally never support removal of tanks - general opinion across the globe. Even in US and EU servers. Nobody supports this.

your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer 

Haubitzenschmitz #10 Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:31 AM

Corporal

• 415 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostNocturnZing, on 09 July 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Is it something technical that restricts them from removing the tier 1-3 prem TDs? some of them have derp guns too just same as the non prem ones.

If its an OP thing, I'm not sure its only TDs that are OP. For some BT7 Art can be considered to be OP too

It is not "simply" an OP thing... it is a concern about excessive or if you prefer habitual seal clubbing (with OP tanks). But indeed, as usual they have that conflict between balancing the game as they call it, and limits coming from existing premiums and other former decisions. There are others than Bt7 Art. 

And this is typical anyway, any changes they want to make, even knowing the would be necessary and required, - they are caught in the mess they have created themselves with their sales politics. They are indeed a victim of their own "smartness" LOL

Edited by Haubitzenschmitz, 10 July 2018 - 03:32 AM.

Haubitzenschmitz #11 Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:41 AM

Corporal

• 415 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostXF1_Razer, on 10 July 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

Wait... if they take away tanks in your garage, what be the compensation? Also, will those tanks stay in your records and stats? Surely... otherwise it would distort your entire stat layout. WG has such obscure ways of dealing with issues. I would personally never support removal of tanks - general opinion across the globe. Even in US and EU servers. Nobody supports this.

your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer 

Yes, that makes everyone worried - and them probably confused (as suggested in the other comment). I agree, obscure... but then again not so obscure if you consider all facts, and see the conflict they have put themselves in. And as I suggested, they may start with removing the "worst" and wait for the reaction. Very common practice in all kinds of politics. "make little changes and see how people react, if here is not much resistance or pushback, its is safe to go on with more changes... until it is too late. As for the compensation, I think in reverse that they are smart enough to compensate everyone IN CASE. How? As usual as they see fit. 

SonderAbteilung #12 Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:56 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50475 battles
  • [BLINK]
The fact is that spare parts have just scared away newbies. And the more newbies you get the more possibilities to sell prem account , prem tanks and gold.

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

krad55 #13 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles

If I understand correctly, they are going to delete tanks from tech tree but not take them away from the players that already have them. They will be left in some weird premium tank status and maybe can even be sold later or added in containers.

They will, however remove the equipment from low level tanks and "fully compensate" it, in credits of course. So the second round of spare parts scam.

Haubitzenschmitz #14 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:51 AM

Corporal

• 415 battles
  • [SOULH]

View Postkrad55, on 10 July 2018 - 04:10 AM, said:

If I understand correctly, they are going to delete tanks from tech tree but not take them away from the players that already have them. They will be left in some weird premium tank status and maybe can even be sold later or added in containers.

They will, however remove the equipment from low level tanks and "fully compensate" it, in credits of course. So the second round of spare parts scam.

It is rather unlikely that players can keep tanks that are not in the tech-tree any longer. And I think that the idea of converting them into some "kind of nerved premiums" was born out of pure speculation from that first fact only. In my opinion they will simply take out those tanks they see fit (or unfit), and compensate the players (who actually have them in their garage) with the currency and amount they consider appropriate. Perhaps announcing which ones are next and informing the community, in order players can still drive them until then. Anything else seems too far fetched and difficult to manage for them or to put into actual practice. Either way, it is not a good idea to anticipate their plans with any kind of personal wishful thinking. ;)

Haubitzenschmitz #15 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:57 AM

Corporal

• 415 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostSonderAbteilung, on 10 July 2018 - 03:56 AM, said:

The fact is that spare parts have just scared away newbies. And the more newbies you get the more possibilities to sell prem account , prem tanks and gold.

Exactly, it is mainly (all) about keeping newbies playing and getting them hooked to the game - which will make a certain percentage to spend. The secondary purpose is to not create too much frustration or discontent for the existing player base, including habitués and veterans. That's the baseline on which you can expect things to go down.

Neb10k #16 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:22 AM

Captain

• 56934 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostHaubitzenschmitz, on 10 July 2018 - 04:57 AM, said:

Exactly, it is mainly (all) about keeping newbies playing and getting them hooked to the game - which will make a certain percentage to spend. The secondary purpose is to not create too much frustration or discontent for the existing player base, including habitués and veterans. That's the baseline on which you can expect things to go down.

How many tanks are we talking about?

Those garage slots were hard earned to be left empty after this...,

Haubitzenschmitz #17 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:27 AM

Corporal

• 415 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostNeb10k, on 10 July 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

I have no idea! But again, my best guess is that (IF), they'll start by taking the seal clubbing tanks and/or derp gun carriers out. If the rumours are correct, at some point all the TDs until Tier 4. Which actually makes sense if you are willing to walk a click in the shoes of those at the wrong side of the hill (fence) aka new players.

Edited by Haubitzenschmitz, 10 July 2018 - 06:27 AM.

krad55 #18 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostNeb10k, on 10 July 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

Find the answer here.

Haubitzenschmitz #19 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:49 AM

Corporal

• 415 battles
  • [SOULH]

View Postkrad55, on 10 July 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

I have watched the clip when it was published and read the full thread and I conclude that 3/4 is speculation based on speculation from what Bushka said. Nothing personal, and no offence, but he is quite chatty in a self-motivated way. Plus, when he and Sk8 came up with it first, they insisted on the fact that nothing was actually confirmed yet by WG. 

Edited by Haubitzenschmitz, 10 July 2018 - 06:50 AM.

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #20 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

Captain

• 18425 battles
  • [ACT-1]
Time to buy sealclubbing tanks. Teach the newbies not to rush grind.

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users