Loosing streaks - across Accounts

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

__ForGlory__ #61 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:00 AM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 03 July 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

The three lions wont get any better match making than this to make it to the finals . If they still can't then they are noobs .

Noobs? We invented the game lol

__ForGlory__ #62 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]

Nobody will ever know the truth so its one of those discussions where everybody just has to agree to disagree. I trust my opinion that the MM is not random and that there is manipulation behind it. As I said earlier, 'Rigged' is a little strong of a word as shock results can still come from these manipulated lineups - which feels great when you are on the team of noobs that manages to pull it off somehow against the far more experienced and higher rated teams despite the increased number of ghost shots, RNG somehow making you bounce a shot off the rear of a SPI C from your IS when it has 40 health remaining and all the other little quirks that go against you.

This manipulation is not personal and does not target 60+ players specifically but it is these players that suffer the most as the MM is manipulated in a way to encourage the noobs in the hope that they start spending money.

PressFtoPayRespects #63 Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

Private

• 127 battles

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 04 July 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

I setup a couple... of accounts, each playing the BT-7 art. Stats range from "Super Unicom" to  "Very Bad" for that tank... same person playing them, so what's different ?

I'm just gonna point out some stuff here from your main account stats 30 day stats in the BT7 Artillery to explain the difference.

1. Your damage per battle is barely above your tank's HP (433 vs 400 without equipment). If we look at the top 10 performers in the BT-7 Artillery for the past 30 days, they are getting a median of ~70% wr in it with 700+ damage. Doing more damage usually leads to a higher win rate (unless you are sacrificing your team for the sake of damage). They way I see it, you have been a bit lucky to get a 68%ish win rate with 433 average damage. (Perhaps you have been conservatively but still helping your team, so that explains the win rate)

2. Damage ratio. Yes, while 1.38 is a positive ratio , it isn't good enough to compete with the top 10. They are all getting at least 2, some of them well over 2. The less (unnecessary) damage you take, the more hit points you have for crucial moments that decide the battle.

3. The tank itself. Against lightly armoured tanks(Tier 2 and 3) BT7 Artillery over performs. However, Bt-7 Artillery has low penetration and has no premium shell. If there is an abundance of tier 4 tanks when you play, more often than not you'll find yourself struggling to do damage against heavy armoured opponents, hence struggling to positively impact the game. IMO, using the BT7 Artillery as a test isn't that great because of too many extreme cases. It should be more even-ed out when using TDs, or anything that has okay penetration and damage against tier 4 tanks. (Think of Pz3g, Pz3a).

I honestly think with your stats and experience, if you were to create 5 accounts , playing 50 games in the BT7 Artillery in each account should result in having >60%wr in the tank across 250 games.

Edited by PressFtoPayRespects, 04 July 2018 - 11:51 AM.

DavkVoice #64 Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21274 battles
  • [MYF]
well, whenever there is a VN player on your team, it is very likely that you will loss the game.
Victory November cho

MontMont #65 Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:03 PM

Corporal

• 1370 battles

So there is a feeling among more and more players that MM is rigged or as some put it manipulated and I'm one of those. Also those who say it's random, well that is utter BS or else I wouldn't be the lower tier tank in nearly every game, and it happens in my main account (30,000+ games) and my secondary account (1,000+ games). Now I'm going stir up some controversy and put forward that sometime after the distasterous update 3.8 is when MM become this rigged/manipulated system we have to put up with today. Why, because like many other players I stopped spending money, before update 3.8 I put several hundred dollars into WG's coffers but not one red cent since in protest and now WG is punishing me with this farcical MM.

Haubitzenschmitz #66 Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:53 PM

Corporal

• 410 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostMontMont, on 06 July 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

So there is a feeling among more and more players that MM is rigged or as some put it manipulated and I'm one of those. Also those who say it's random, well that is utter BS or else I wouldn't be the lower tier tank in nearly every game, and it happens in my main account (30,000+ games) and my secondary account (1,000+ games). Now I'm going stir up some controversy and put forward that sometime after the distasterous update 3.8 is when MM become this rigged/manipulated system we have to put up with today. Why, because like many other players I stopped spending money, before update 3.8 I put several hundred dollars into WG's coffers but not one red cent since in protest and now WG is punishing me with this farcical MM.

I had a bad loosing strike today... I must have angered WG with my permanent complaints. Across accounts LITERALLY! :trollface:

TankGirl777 #67 Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:48 AM

Private

• 16634 battles
  • [AVSW]

Side Issue, is there any attempt of 'Game Balance' in WoTB or totally random?

I read lots of posts of theories and tests players have done, all I have is +13k battle experience (below avg i understand) and growing frustration with the game. Like Creighton Abrams I'm 'often' put into 'bad' teams, but too many in a row is just the pits. My personnel best 13 losses in a row. These bad runs sometimes may be over a day other times over an hour or so. a recent tally I did I had 35 losses / 7 wins over 2 days. After which I stopped batteling for a few days. In case you are wondering my p/b wins in a row is 7. I apologies if this sounds like a rant, I don't have the screen prints to show this. I have observed in cases where the loss is 0/7 (was trying to upload a photo, can't seem to be able to?) it appears the odds are stacked against our team right off the bat. In basic review of a recent battle I noted the battle experience totals (number of battles) between the two teams 96685(my team) vs 135848 (2 x LT, 1 x MT, 2 x TD, 2 x HT) vs (6 x HT & 1 x MT). Granted bad tactics didn't help our cause, the whole battle lasted 2min 55secs. I'm wondering if this is something WG need to look at to make the game balance fairer? or even balancing out the ratios of LTs, MTs and Hts. I appreciate that this may effect battle wait times, don't know the solution.

I don't think I'm going to be playing much longer if this continues.... sigh. Seems like a waste but can I give away my premium tanks I bought with hard cash??????...big SIGH.

Gandalf__Greyhame #68 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostTankGirl777, on 13 July 2018 - 03:48 AM, said:

Side Issue, is there any attempt of 'Game Balance' in WoTB or totally random?

I read lots of posts of theories and tests players have done, all I have is +13k battle experience (below avg i understand) and growing frustration with the game. Like Creighton Abrams I'm 'often' put into 'bad' teams, but too many in a row is just the pits. My personnel best 13 losses in a row. These bad runs sometimes may be over a day other times over an hour or so. a recent tally I did I had 35 losses / 7 wins over 2 days. After which I stopped batteling for a few days. In case you are wondering my p/b wins in a row is 7. I apologies if this sounds like a rant, I don't have the screen prints to show this. I have observed in cases where the loss is 0/7 (was trying to upload a photo, can't seem to be able to?) it appears the odds are stacked against our team right off the bat. In basic review of a recent battle I noted the battle experience totals (number of battles) between the two teams 96685(my team) vs 135848 (2 x LT, 1 x MT, 2 x TD, 2 x HT) vs (6 x HT & 1 x MT). Granted bad tactics didn't help our cause, the whole battle lasted 2min 55secs. I'm wondering if this is something WG need to look at to make the game balance fairer? or even balancing out the ratios of LTs, MTs and Hts. I appreciate that this may effect battle wait times, don't know the solution.

I don't think I'm going to be playing much longer if this continues.... sigh. Seems like a waste but can I give away my premium tanks I bought with hard cash??????...big SIGH.

Welcome to the forum after 13 thousand battles . Are you a girl like Dark Magician Girl ?

Creighton_Abrams #69 Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Well, my main account (this one) is becoming less used in favour of the newer ones I have setup over time as they tend to have significantly better win rates and other stats such as KDR, DPB, and Mastery skills

A couple of observations.

Loosing streaks across all accounts at the same time is quite rare, so far it's only happened once across all accounts at the same time (and that's a lot of accounts). It happens more frequently across 2 or 3 though.

Loosing streaks are not Psychologically driven, I've switched accounts and played the same tanks and won several games in a row, only to return to the loosing streak account and to continue the WR hammering.  (So there goes that argument out of the window).

There appears to be a relationship to the Missions and the events that follow - for example,  "Win 2 (or 3) Games in a row" and you're likely to see a  series of wins/looses stopping you from completing it straight away, likewise a "Survive a battle" is generally a good indicator that you're in for a hard time. 

Going by the Stats on this account is not (by far) a reflection upon the stats in my new accounts ;) Indeed, I think two of those accounts have an amazing lucky streak apiece making me think that the RNG / NERF factor is also account based.

With the various game tweaks that have occurred over releases, I think some of the initial strategies recommended to new comers may need adjusting.

If new Player adopts the strategy to fully equip their tanks before playing then (a) their win rates will be generally better than had they not done so, (b) they will find it harder to earn enough credits top move forward and will thus spend more time (perhaps a good thing) playing the same tank (bad if you only have that tank).    On the other-hand, they can forgo the win-rate and damage ratios,etc. and simply plough ahead onto the next tier - they can do that anyway, so no changes there and we will continue to hear complaints about low winrate players at tier 8.  

If you're going to play a single line of tanks (from the Tech tree) then avoid the Japanese tanks - for the first few tiers they're a real drag. Consider playing in parallel to Russian tanks which are easiest by far to play and can balance your overall winrate out per Tier . Sso in order of ease, it seems to be USSR, FR, US, GER, UK, CHN, and lastly JPN...

There are some indicators of a game that's going to be lost (not always, but generally).  You shoot at another tank, and your shots appear to do the low end of the scale damage or none at all, whilst the opposition tanks can seemingly single-shot kill every other tank in your team... (you end up with a 0-7 game result in this case). More balanced games tend to result in maybe 2 or 3 remaining tanks on the winning side. Another indication of a pending lost battle appears to be when regardless whether your aiming circle has narrowed down on a stationary tank, the shot misses, hitting the ground in front of the tank is a new one since I think the release prior to 5.0.

When on a loosing streak, for now, switching accounts until it passes appears to help.... but the tricky thing is to determine when its past. And if it's consistently across all accounts - then best shut down and do something different.

krad55 #70 Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles
WG is creating a challenge for you. But you are looking for easy workarounds. Not good.

Creighton_Abrams #71 Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Sorry to disappoint you "krad"...  Todate, I know of only one non-gameplay workaround/exploit that I found, that WG subsequently addressed. 

Just out of interest how are you allowed to bypass the minimum number of battles to post here on the Forum... do you work for WG ? or is it simply that your dormant account dates from 2015 and has only 5 battles.

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 18 July 2018 - 04:54 AM.

Creighton_Abrams #72 Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

For those who disagree with the NERF'ing factor and say loosing streaks are a figment of my imagination or of my own undoing, I have to point out, that I have the experience to know otherwise.   Empirical evidence is suggesting that there is a pattern of ingame play adjustments to determine the contribution factor that a player can make towards a team result. 

WinRates after the first 3000 or so battles will remain roughly where they are as the win/loosing streaks will keep them oscillating around that mark.

Creighton_Abrams #73 Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Anyway, as the loosing streaks are now more frequent and the in-game comments far more abusive than before, (The Koreans and Taiwanese tend to show the biggest Racial grudge here, and for some reason we now have more russian writers in the game - so no clue whats being said).  So it's looking like a good time to quit.

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 18 July 2018 - 05:40 AM.

krad55 #74 Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 18 July 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

Sorry to disappoint you "krad"...  Todate, I know of only one non-gameplay workaround/exploit that I found, that WG subsequently addressed.

Yes, that is the reason I am not telling my findings openly, and also why I am not telling in plain text the proof of WG "adjusting" the MM. However, it is quite easy to figure out. "Your luck" is based on your "big 5" profile, and if you figure out how to change that, you automatically change your "luck".

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 18 July 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

Just out of interest how are you allowed to bypass the minimum number of battles to post here on the Forum... do you work for WG ? or is it simply that your dormant account dates from 2015 and has only 5 battles.

I have no idea. I was required to have 5 battles so I played 5 battles, was not easy with 300ping. If minimum requirement has now changed, they haven't asked me to comply. Maybe WG likes my posts :trollface:.

Also, I am certainly not working for WG. However, I have worked (not related to game industry) with one former WG developer who told me loads of interesting stuff about WG and game industry in general. But as you will understand, those WG specific things are impossible to verify and probably there are some nondisclosure agreements in force.

Creighton_Abrams #75 Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Well, WinRate is a factor of Team winning not you in isolation... and if you play a TD such as an AT15 you dont really have an option to go around killing off all the Opposition. And loosing 15 battles in a row is ... what ? all my fault ? Also, I'm not saying that it's the MM, I am saying that there is in-game NERF'ing, something like having chewing gum thrown into the workings of your tank engine, or a bend put into your gun (so to speak)....  I have stated my observations - and you can say what you will in order to try and evoke a response - Doesn't bother me one bit.

__ForGlory__ #76 Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:48 AM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]

View Postkrad55, on 18 July 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

Yes, that is the reason I am not telling my findings openly, and also why I am not telling in plain text the proof of WG "adjusting" the MM. However, it is quite easy to figure out. "Your luck" is based on your "big 5" profile, and if you figure out how to change that, you automatically change your "luck".

What is the big 5 profile?

Haubitzenschmitz #77 Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:40 AM

Corporal

• 410 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 17 July 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

Well, my main account (this one) is becoming less used in favour of the newer ones I have setup over time as they tend to have significantly better win rates and other stats such as KDR, DPB, and Mastery skills

A couple of observations.

Loosing streaks across all accounts at the same time is quite rare, so far it's only happened once across all accounts at the same time (and that's a lot of accounts). It happens more frequently across 2 or 3 though.

Loosing streaks are not Psychologically driven, I've switched accounts and played the same tanks and won several games in a row, only to return to the loosing streak account and to continue the WR hammering.  (So there goes that argument out of the window).

There appears to be a relationship to the Missions and the events that follow - for example,  "Win 2 (or 3) Games in a row" and you're likely to see a  series of wins/looses stopping you from completing it straight away, likewise a "Survive a battle" is generally a good indicator that you're in for a hard time. 

Going by the Stats on this account is not (by far) a reflection upon the stats in my new accounts ;) Indeed, I think two of those accounts have an amazing lucky streak apiece making me think that the RNG / NERF factor is also account based.

With the various game tweaks that have occurred over releases, I think some of the initial strategies recommended to new comers may need adjusting.

If new Player adopts the strategy to fully equip their tanks before playing then (a) their win rates will be generally better than had they not done so, (b) they will find it harder to earn enough credits top move forward and will thus spend more time (perhaps a good thing) playing the same tank (bad if you only have that tank).    On the other-hand, they can forgo the win-rate and damage ratios,etc. and simply plough ahead onto the next tier - they can do that anyway, so no changes there and we will continue to hear complaints about low winrate players at tier 8.  

If you're going to play a single line of tanks (from the Tech tree) then avoid the Japanese tanks - for the first few tiers they're a real drag. Consider playing in parallel to Russian tanks which are easiest by far to play and can balance your overall winrate out per Tier . Sso in order of ease, it seems to be USSR, FR, US, GER, UK, CHN, and lastly JPN...

There are some indicators of a game that's going to be lost (not always, but generally).  You shoot at another tank, and your shots appear to do the low end of the scale damage or none at all, whilst the opposition tanks can seemingly single-shot kill every other tank in your team... (you end up with a 0-7 game result in this case). More balanced games tend to result in maybe 2 or 3 remaining tanks on the winning side. Another indication of a pending lost battle appears to be when regardless whether your aiming circle has narrowed down on a stationary tank, the shot misses, hitting the ground in front of the tank is a new one since I think the release prior to 5.0.

When on a loosing streak, for now, switching accounts until it passes appears to help.... but the tricky thing is to determine when its past. And if it's consistently across all accounts - then best shut down and do something different.

As I am running multiple accounts for the same purpose, I can second every single point - and would be able to add a few more. And anyone just running a single account, can hardly either conform or deny. 

The longer you "test" and try to find out what causes loosing strikes and other really strange occurrences, the more you see certain patterns confirmed. To me it is very obvious too.

And in fact MM and RNG are likely to work either in combination or alternatively - BUT alternating with simple randomness, in order to not make it too blatant and obvious.

Missions with conditions like "win 2 battles in a row" or "if your team wins the battle" are the most exemplary occurrences. It's too obvious how it is nearly impossible to accomplish some missions on some accounts, and just a cakewalk on others. You won't believe it but I also have 2 accounts where I get punished so badly, while on all others I seem to have achieved what you call a "BIG5 Profile". 

Specific Tank stats on each account are also extremely various - inexplicably and unexpectedly, but  follow the pattern of the "bad accounts" and those who seem to be "BIG5 Profile" approved!

Creighton_Abrams #78 Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21884 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Well... AT15 and 7 looses in a row does not seem to be down to my bad play. Loosing streaks do come and go. My own winrate is hit badly, but I'm past caring now.  Laughably I get some twats from the games blaming me for the teams loss... don't know why. I'd really love to have a facility where a game can be replayed with exactly the same dynamics and letting one of those twats show me how they'd have done it in my own tank ...  a sort of account sharing function.

And, I still think WG should add a function to have only players on your team who speak/understand the same language.

Haubitzenschmitz #79 Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

Corporal

• 410 battles
  • [SOULH]
People with "BIG5 Profile" and excellent stats will never accept it. Because it MIGHT question their own performance and effort in achieving their stats and status (usually on a single account). But they also tend to forget how many well known strategies they had to use to beat "the System" and keep those stats STABLE. Not going there though - I am not in the business of provoking others. I mean it!

__ForGlory__ #80 Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:40 AM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 18 July 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Well... AT15 and 7 looses in a row does not seem to be down to my bad play. Loosing streaks do come and go. My own winrate is hit badly, but I'm past caring now.  Laughably I get some twats from the games blaming me for the teams loss... don't know why. I'd really love to have a facility where a game can be replayed with exactly the same dynamics and letting one of those twats show me how they'd have done it in my own tank ...  a sort of account sharing function.

And, I still think WG should add a function to have only players on your team who speak/understand the same language.

The AT15 and infact many TD's are highly team dependent tanks and that is why I do not use them in the current meta of the suspicious MM and generally poor playerbase right now. Stick to tanks that can carry on their own and you stand a better chance even when MM is against you and your teams are crap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users