Loosing streaks - across Accounts

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

__ForGlory__ #81 Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:41 AM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]
Can someone tell me what this 'Big 5 profile' is meant to be?

Haubitzenschmitz #82 Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

Corporal

• 413 battles
  • [SOULH]

View Post__ForGlory__, on 18 July 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Can someone tell me what this 'Big 5 profile' is meant to be?

I am not sure what  Creighton_Abrams exactly means with it (as it is some kind of a word creation), but to me it is a status of a better player whom's WR is around a comfortable 50-55% and accordingly with decent stats. Which means that you fall into a category where you are supposed to win a certain number of games anyway. Which would then mean that you are not flogged regularly with bad MM, 7-10 loosing strikes and what else. If you are below that, you would have a hard time to get there. If you are much higher ranked, you would mainly be used as a mercenary to in fact be put in teams that need "adjustment". Or, your MM and RNG would simply be random. Occasionally (if necessary) you would obviously also be limited by the same algorithm, so your stats would not rocket to the sky. But obviously, no one can see deep enough into the code and the mechanics to tell exactly. What I just explained is merely a possible model. I am fully aware that this is adventurous and highly speculative. It's just an approximation of HOW it could work or be applied in case it even exists. Nothing more nothing less, - as far as my best guess goes. ;)

Edited by Haubitzenschmitz, 18 July 2018 - 09:55 AM.

__ForGlory__ #83 Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]

View PostHaubitzenschmitz, on 18 July 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

I am not sure what  Creighton_Abrams exactly means with it (as it is some kind of a word creation), but to me it is a status of a better player whom's WR is around a comfortable 50-55% and accordingly with decent stats. Which means that you fall into a category where you are supposed to win a certain number of games anyway. Which would then mean that you are not flogged regularly with bad MM, 7-10 loosing strikes and what else. If you are below that, you would have a hard time to get there. If you are much higher ranked, you would mainly be used as a mercenary to in fact be put in teams that need "adjustment". Or, your MM and RNG would simply be random. Occasionally (if necessary) you would obviously also be limited by the same algorithm, so your stats would not rocket to the sky. But obviously, no one can see deep enough into the code and the mechanics to tell exactly. What I just explained is merely a possible model. I am fully aware that this is adventurous and highly speculative. It's just an approximation of HOW it could work or be applied in case it even exists. Nothing more nothing less, - as far as my best guess goes. ;)

So simply put, its the base WR that many claim that the game is trying to push players from either direction? Wouldnt surprise me.

JamesJoyce #84 Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:56 PM

Corporal

• 483 battles

View Post__ForGlory__, on 18 July 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

So simply put, its the base WR that many claim that the game is trying to push players from either direction? Wouldnt surprise me.

Correct! And the so called  'Big 5 profile' could be a margin where you are "left alone" and your matchmaking and RNG (and what do I know), would indeed be random.

It's a bit like with a rigged Roulette Table. The button that will trigger a certain number will not be pushed all the time, just if someone wins too often - or even when a wealthy looking player would need to get "motivated" ;)

krad55 #85 Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles

Oh,... big 5 is simply a profile based on 5 personality traits (like openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism). This profile may quite accurately predict one's behaviour in different situations, and due tot hat it's now widely used in targeted advertising and game industry to make you buy things which you otherwise would not buy.

"Nice" thing about this profiling is that it does not require much effort, few facebook "likes" and comments can be enough to complete the automatic evaluation. In game it would be did you purchase anything, was it after win or lose streak, do you disconnect after few losses or maybe after few wins in a row and such.

However, as these things are usually not made by university professors, they fail all the time and you can easily fall into wrong category which results in extreme frustration, and then you need to do something about it. It could be as simple as buying a premium tank, stop buying if you are regularly doing so, changing the time you play or length of the sessions and so on.

Haubitzenschmitz #86 Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:17 AM

Corporal

• 413 battles
  • [SOULH]

View Postkrad55, on 19 July 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

Oh,... big 5 is simply a profile based on 5 personality traits (like openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism). This profile may quite accurately predict one's behaviour in different situations, and due tot hat it's now widely used in targeted advertising and game industry to make you buy things which you otherwise would not buy.

"Nice" thing about this profiling is that it does not require much effort, few facebook "likes" and comments can be enough to complete the automatic evaluation. In game it would be did you purchase anything, was it after win or lose streak, do you disconnect after few losses or maybe after few wins in a row and such.

However, as these things are usually not made by university professors, they fail all the time and you can easily fall into wrong category which results in extreme frustration, and then you need to do something about it. It could be as simple as buying a premium tank, stop buying if you are regularly doing so, changing the time you play or length of the sessions and so on.

I have to admit I didn't know about the "official definition" of the Big 5 profile. But then again I guess I didn't need to. Because The data input in Blitz is obviously not extended enough to draw this model of a profile. They would need data from social media and google searches etc, to actually do THAT type of profile. So, what I called (or understood as)  "Big 5 profile" in this very context is very likely a different type. So it needs to be called  "Big 5 profile", because all they can determine from your data in the game is your degree of  NEUROTICISM LOL

So what we deal here with, would only be some KIND OF - Big 5 profile, they deduce from your data (they can collect) and use to either remunerate your efforts or punish you via MM and RNG (and others?). 

The fact that it does not work so well (on certain individuals) is not because it is made by dilettantes, it's because it is not made to totally outline the individual (customer or player), but to best analyse and catch them on a large scale. It does't matter if the analyses is completely wrong on some individuals, - as long as it works well on a large scale. 

Edited by Haubitzenschmitz, 19 July 2018 - 07:18 AM.

Gandalf__Greyhame #87 Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 206 battles
  • [SHLRE]

Clear cut evidence of rigged MM . A noob like me won 12 games in a row including 9 back to back games in 183 . Not really sure but possibly one of my longest winning streaks . I actually played quite well , one gold mastery game , 4 out of 9 games were 3.5k plus but that as we know is quite irrelevant . I am sure WG must have rigged the MM to decrease WR of pros on the red team .

__ForGlory__ #88 Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:02 AM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 20 July 2018 - 07:22 AM, said:

Clear cut evidence of rigged MM . A noob like me won 12 games in a row including 9 back to back games in 183 . Not really sure but possibly one of my longest winning streaks . I actually played quite well , one gold mastery game , 4 out of 9 games were 3.5k plus but that as we know is quite irrelevant . I am sure WG must have rigged the MM to decrease WR of pros on the red team .

Thats the whole point, you get runs like that...it will pay you back for it though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users