Is there something wrong with aiming?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Rebirth_39 #1 Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:38 AM

Sergeant

• 27894 battles
  • [TCATS]
After the update, my shots have been so dodgy and weird, like for some odd reason it keeps missing on targets that should've been easy to hit, its as if the shells are trying to avoid my targets, wth

Maddoxkkm #2 Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:41 AM

Captain

• 29613 battles
  • [FEAST]

It's difference between Client side AutoAim (pre 5.0) and Server Side AutoAIm (post 5.0)

WG just released a update to allow you to select the old autoaim.

Edited by Maddoxkkm, 28 June 2018 - 04:41 AM.

Leader Of The Union

Council member of Clan Wars Asia (Link to Post)

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

Rebirth_39 #3 Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:45 AM

Sergeant

• 27894 battles
  • [TCATS]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 28 June 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

It's difference between Client side AutoAim (pre 5.0) and Server Side AutoAIm (post 5.0)

WG just released a update to allow you to select the old autoaim.

how to change aim settings?

ankitgusai19 #4 Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 38881 battles
  • [-LXG-]

View PostRebirth_39, on 28 June 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

how to change aim settings?

Game Client > Settings > Controls > Auto-Aim Version > select OLD or NEW. Old is client side auto aim new is server side one.

Rebirth_39 #5 Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:35 AM

Sergeant

• 27894 battles
  • [TCATS]

View Postankitgusai19, on 28 June 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

Game Client > Settings > Controls > Auto-Aim Version > select OLD or NEW. Old is client side auto aim new is server side one.

i cant find it, i am on ios

ankitgusai19 #6 Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 38881 battles
  • [-LXG-]

View PostRebirth_39, on 28 June 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

If you go here https://itunes.apple...d859204347?mt=8 , that's an app store, you will find that there is a patch uploaded on 28th of June, so you gotta update it before you see the option.

Regarding the location on IOS it should be near Auto-Aim button enable option, the option which makes the Auto Aim button visible in game.

Edited by ankitgusai19, 28 June 2018 - 05:51 AM.

Gandalf__Greyhame #7 Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]
What is the difference between the two ? Which one to go for and why ? Please don't put server side and client side . That means nothing to me . In terms of game play what is the difference between the two options ?

Jason_Yim #8 Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:53 AM

Sergeant

• 8834 battles
  • [TERRI]
Really dude?Its out

View PostRebirth_39, on 28 June 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

ankitgusai19 #9 Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 38881 battles
  • [-LXG-]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 28 June 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

What is the difference between the two ? Which one to go for and why ? Please don't put server side and client side . That means nothing to me . In terms of game play what is the difference between the two options ?

I'll take a stab at it.

First of,

What WG said about why they are improving the autoaim is because they wanted to make it more "Smart" by enabling it to detect and stay on target despite other possible targets moving around locked target. But I personally feel it has more to offer that that.

What i have experienced with new Auto aim mechanism, 
Its laggy, it reduces shell velocity and it force drags the aim to compensate for enemy movement.

AMX_30B has posed GIFs showcasing examples of massively reduced shell velocity.  
I have posted a video yesterday here showing forced dragging. This was particularly noticeable when you try to shoot a tank moving across the building, or when you try to hit tracks of moving target, you will miss your shot because while you were aiming at proper location shell will seemingly end up getting fired at the auto-aim predicted location.
The third thing is not always noticeable but i have felt a delay of 0.2 second or so, can't confirm this as i don't really have any evidence.

The Old auto aim meant, when your aiming reticle gets near anything red it will zip toward it and lock and it will stay locked on centre mass location of the object. I never felt this "Old" auto aim interfering with gun and shell characteristics.  

In Nutshell, Gun and Shell should behave in exact same fashion regardless of the status of auto-aim. 

It appears that new auto-aim is here to stay, but until these short comings are sorted out i'll be sticking with old and tested auto aim.

Moreover server side client side thing,
Old auto aim is a relatively simple mechanism implemented for client devices, it uses 2D square of our screen to get distance between two red points and zips to nearest one, While new auto aim uses more complex algorithm on 3D space to calculate what you are aiming at, lock it and will lead aim reticle automatically so if at anytime you fire shell it will hit the target. It has memory and will know whom you have locked, if you manually change your target it will know what you are targeting now. 

It has started with right intention but as with any new gimmick, it takes time to make it work.

Edited by ankitgusai19, 28 June 2018 - 11:17 AM.

fjvhk #10 Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

Sergeant

• 28109 battles
  • [ARMD]

After updating to 5.0.1 on ios or android you will find it in settings / controls / AUTO AIM VERSION

OLD - "Old and familiar target tracking principal" 

NEW - "More accurate target tracking at long range" (apparently so accurate that an urgent reversion was necessary)

IMG_1432vj.jpg

p.s. dunno why this uploaded image automatically gets reduced to tiny size, more acuity required to read it at any range

seldonfiles2 #11 Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

Corporal

• 1599 battles

Auto aim does not work at all after update 5.0.1. I missed 30 shots with a high pen gun at point blank range against an almost unarmored target. I can't play under such crazy conditions. Autoaim=auto miss! See you all after this stupid patch is repatched and only if it is repatched!

WoTBlitzPlayer #12 Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:38 AM

Sergeant

• 4788 battles

Its not just IOS but PC

And the Win/Loose F'in around that WG does to the game is totally buggered too.  Loosing the majority of games regardless if in platoon or not. 

ankitgusai19 #13 Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 38881 battles
  • [-LXG-]

View Postseldonfiles2, on 28 June 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

Auto aim does not work at all after update 5.0.1. I missed 30 shots with a high pen gun at point blank range against an almost unarmored target. I can't play under such crazy conditions. Autoaim=auto miss! See you all after this stupid patch is repatched and only if it is repatched!

The patch is already available, go update.

Gandalf__Greyhame #14 Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View Postankitgusai19, on 28 June 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

I'll take a stab at it.

First of,

What WG said about why they are improving the MM is because they wanted to make it more "Smart" by enabling it to detect and stay on target despite other possible targets moving around locked target. But I personally feel it has more to offer that that.

What i have experienced with new Auto aim mechanism, 
Its laggy, it reduces shell velocity and it force drags the aim to compensate for enemy movement.

AMX_30B has posed GIFs showcasing examples of massively reduced shell velocity.  
I have posted a video yesterday here showing forced dragging. This was particularly noticeable when you try to shoot a tank moving across the building, or when you try to hit tracks of moving target, you will miss your shot because while you were aiming at proper location shell will seemingly end up getting fired at the auto-aim predicted location.
The third thing is not always noticeable but i have felt a delay of 0.2 second or so, can't confirm this as i don't really have any evidence.

The Old auto aim meant, when your aiming reticle gets near anything red it will zip toward it and lock and it will stay locked on centre mass location of the object. I never felt this "Old" auto aim interfering with gun and shell characteristics.  

In Nutshell, Gun and Shell should behave in exact same fashion regardless of the status of auto-aim. 

It appears that new auto-aim is here to stay, but until these short comings are sorted out i'll be sticking with old and tested auto aim.

Moreover server side client side thing,
Old auto aim is a relatively simple mechanism implemented for client devices, it uses 2D square of our screen to get distance between two red points and zips to nearest one, While new auto aim uses more complex algorithm on 3D space to calculate what you are aiming at, lock it and will lead aim reticle automatically so if at anytime you fire shell it will hit the target. It has memory and will know whom you have locked, if you manually change your target it will know what you are targeting now. 

It has started with right intention but as with any new gimmick, it takes time to make it work.

Thanx but this is all too complicated for me to understand . The only thing I have noticed is that if a target is moving between two rocks or say two objects of hard cover and you lead the target in the usual manner then surprisingly it hits the rock instead of the target . I was in the usual sniping position on naval frontier in Obj 263 which has a very accurate gun . The reds were spotted by someone in the middle so I knew they were going to pass in between the rocks . I missed three shots in row . The targets were moving from left to right . All shots went into the rock on the right . I thought it was just rng but now I think it is because of auto aim .

ankitgusai19 #15 Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 38881 battles
  • [-LXG-]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 28 June 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

Thanx but this is all too complicated for me to understand . The only thing I have noticed is that if a target is moving between two rocks or say two objects of hard cover and you lead the target in the usual manner then surprisingly it hits the rock instead of the target . I was in the usual sniping position on naval frontier in Obj 263 which has a very accurate gun . The reds were spotted by someone in the middle so I knew they were going to pass in between the rocks . I missed three shots in row . The targets were moving from left to right . All shots went into the rock on the right . I thought it was just rng but now I think it is because of auto aim .

Yeah, that we all experienced. 
The video i shared above shows exactly that.

here is the post by AMX_30B
http://forum.wotblit...591#entry214591

First GIF is same as what you have experienced.

The next two displays slowed down shells.

Edited by ankitgusai19, 28 June 2018 - 10:12 AM.

Creighton_Abrams #16 Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21872 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

The Patch is not available upon the PC Steam platform. Any news when it will become available there ?

BTW. I've just updated the Windows version to 5.01 (as shown on the splash screen whilst loading) and there's NO indication of any auto-aim type selection under the Settings -> controls screen nor anywhere else.

It's also not just Auto-Aim, the fire btn not responding is now more frequent too.

WG. I really think you need to provide some Compensation for the Lost games due to this issue.

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 28 June 2018 - 11:15 AM.

seldonfiles2 #17 Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

Corporal

• 1599 battles

View Postankitgusai19, on 28 June 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

The patch is already available, go update.

The patch today is what I am complaining about. It's terrible. I can't hit anything. Autoaim=auto miss!

Creighton_Abrams #18 Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21872 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Great, let everyone else download this wonderful auto-miss patch, then I have a chance at Winning a Game :-) .... as the Patch isn't yet available upon the Windows Steam platform.

Not that it's going to help... seems I have started one of those WG driven we're going to ruin your day streaks...

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 28 June 2018 - 01:09 PM.

Gandalf__Greyhame #19 Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

Okay downloaded new update. Which one to go for ?

1. Old and familiar target tracking principle .

2. More accurate target tracking at long range .

RT for 1 , Fav for 2 .

Maddoxkkm #20 Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

Captain

• 29613 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 28 June 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

The Patch is not available upon the PC Steam platform. Any news when it will become available there ?

BTW. I've just updated the Windows version to 5.01 (as shown on the splash screen whilst loading) and there's NO indication of any auto-aim type selection under the Settings -> controls screen nor anywhere else.

It's also not just Auto-Aim, the fire btn not responding is now more frequent too.

WG. I really think you need to provide some Compensation for the Lost games due to this issue.

Because PC autoaim is different to Mobile Autoaim. learn your stuff pls

Leader Of The Union

Council member of Clan Wars Asia (Link to Post)

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users