I think I have found what Blitz suffers from most (after spare parts have gone).

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Haubitzenschmitz #1 Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:05 AM

Corporal

• 339 battles
  • [SOULH]

As already said in an earlier post - Now at a state where the frustration and second thoughts about how the game has evolved, I am no longer tempted to

actually play. Breaks and trying again to get into it the game again alternate...just as a reminder.

My conclusion now is that the game's biggest issue is (now even more than ever), that the player base is multifarious to the point to become utterly incompatible.

Partially because one part of the player base sees the game as competitive, highly competitive even, and the other part just plays sporadically, for fun - whatever - but not even able to compete at the skill level, experience or interest in the game mechanics. That is why the first group is rushing  tiers... regardless of failure or success.

The basic idea was to divide skill and interest level, by tier and eventually by rating battles. In order to "separate" the various skill levels and objectives so they would be more compatible.

While it is working to some extend (it could be worse), it has also utterly failed. Especially rating battles has failed because it is based on the wrong concept (WR depending on team).

Now, the only way to make this game less RANDOM and more rewarding for the individual player, is to offer (develop) a rating system that considers individual performance (based on skill and know-how, strategic game play, experience), in each game (not statistically as in WIN 7-8). Introduction of a game mode like modified rating battles (why not starting from tier V) which needs to consider that the newcomers and less advanced players are rewarded for their (early) INDIVIDUAL efforts - and limited by their actual skill level and (lack of) experience as well. A rating system based on a random team composition (unbalanced by default), but depending on win or loss is absurd!

Part of such a modification (in addition and opposite to that) could be a "fun mode" where results do not count. No Win Rate to improve or to get to that sacred number, nor being worried of any stats whatsoever. Win or loose, - well... that's part of it... but does it need to be so "painstakingly put into numbers" and rubbed into everyone's face? Fun mode, would not differ in any other way, except that numbers would not matter (ability to display or ignore). Could be available for any tier. 

Give it a thought WG!

Edited by Haubitzenschmitz, 16 June 2018 - 05:08 AM.

iNugget #2 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16595 battles
  • [ECL_]
I actually left when the spare part thingy was introduced and now I am back. I really don’t know if I should play again lol.  (Have been away for like 6-12 months)

"The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." -- Mark Zuckerberg

So I should YOLO right? :trollface:

Haubitzenschmitz #3 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:40 AM

Corporal

• 339 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostiNugget, on 16 June 2018 - 06:00 AM, said:

I actually left when the spare part thingy was introduced and now I am back. I really don’t know if I should play again lol.  (Have been away for like 6-12 months)

For you it's different. You haven't suffered all that time LOL. What can I say... it will probably depend on how you will experience the game itself and the "randomness" of the teams during your first games after the comeback, IF you go for it. The current Meta as some call it LOL

Edited by Haubitzenschmitz, 16 June 2018 - 06:40 AM.

Gandalf__Greyhame #4 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostiNugget, on 16 June 2018 - 06:00 AM, said:

Please don't come back . You might have a hissy fit over some other thing and quit again . 

Gandalf__Greyhame #5 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostHaubitzenschmitz, on 16 June 2018 - 05:05 AM, said:

As already said in an earlier post - Now at a state where the frustration and second thoughts about how the game has evolved, I am no longer tempted to

actually play. Breaks and trying again to get into it the game again alternate...just as a reminder.

My conclusion now is that the game's biggest issue is (now even more than ever), that the player base is multifarious to the point to become utterly incompatible.

Partially because one part of the player base sees the game as competitive, highly competitive even, and the other part just plays sporadically, for fun - whatever - but not even able to compete at the skill level, experience or interest in the game mechanics. That is why the first group is rushing  tiers... regardless of failure or success.

The basic idea was to divide skill and interest level, by tier and eventually by rating battles. In order to "separate" the various skill levels and objectives so they would be more compatible.

While it is working to some extend (it could be worse), it has also utterly failed. Especially rating battles has failed because it is based on the wrong concept (WR depending on team).

Now, the only way to make this game less RANDOM and more rewarding for the individual player, is to offer (develop) a rating system that considers individual performance (based on skill and know-how, strategic game play, experience), in each game (not statistically as in WIN 7-8). Introduction of a game mode like modified rating battles (why not starting from tier V) which needs to consider that the newcomers and less advanced players are rewarded for their (early) INDIVIDUAL efforts - and limited by their actual skill level and (lack of) experience as well. A rating system based on a random team composition (unbalanced by default), but depending on win or loss is absurd!

Part of such a modification (in addition and opposite to that) could be a "fun mode" where results do not count. No Win Rate to improve or to get to that sacred number, nor being worried of any stats whatsoever. Win or loose, - well... that's part of it... but does it need to be so "painstakingly put into numbers" and rubbed into everyone's face? Fun mode, would not differ in any other way, except that numbers would not matter (ability to display or ignore). Could be available for any tier. 

Give it a thought WG!

Have you already quit or planning to quit  ? I would highly encourage you to quit the game as well as the forum . We don't need cry babies like you . 

Haubitzenschmitz #6 Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:09 AM

Corporal

• 339 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 16 June 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

Have you already quit or planning to quit  ? I would highly encourage you to quit the game as well as the forum . We don't need cry babies like you . 

As if we needed trollish smart-scrotums like you! LOL

Gandalf__Greyhame #7 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostHaubitzenschmitz, on 16 June 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

As if we needed trollish smart-scrotums like you! LOL

I am still playing the game . I don't complain about the game like you crybabies . I love the game . I think it is awesome . If you don't like playing the game then quit .

erwin10001 #8 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 30321 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostHaubitzenschmitz, on 16 June 2018 - 05:05 AM, said:

Give it a thought WG!

the question is whether this fun mode contributes to combat xp, crew xp, mission completion and event completion.

If yes - then i can see lots of potential to abuse it

if no - then i think that most players have no time to grind events/new tanks AND play fun mode, so they will pick the former.

Haubitzenschmitz #9 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

Corporal

• 339 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 16 June 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

I am still playing the game . I don't complain about the game like you crybabies . I love the game . I think it is awesome . If you don't like playing the game then quit .

In the various fake identities you have taken in the past, you have complained and trolled A LOT, now if someone else is complaining in a different way or about other things you have or would, you get smart, strong and cocky? If people point out things that you know are screwed-up, but you have decided to ignore them for the sake of your addiction and fun, you don't want to hear them?

To not face the facts and not be reminded any longer, you call them winers or crybabies... so transparent!

Haubitzenschmitz #10 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

Corporal

• 339 battles
  • [SOULH]

View Posterwin10001, on 16 June 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

the question is whether this fun mode contributes to combat xp, crew xp, mission completion and event completion.

If yes - then i can see lots of potential to abuse it

if no - then i think that most players have no time to grind events/new tanks AND play fun mode, so they will pick the former.

Well as explained (suggested), not everyone has a totally methodical and "materialistic" approach to the game. But still, "fun mode" would need to generate some of that, otherwise it would not be used much.

Potential of abuse? Abusing what, seal clubbing or what they call "farming"? Well, if fun mode would have a different (lower) quote on all of the currencies and not allow completion of mission or event completion, "abusers" would think twice. The idea includes of course getting the kids and "supernoobs" off the streets a bit. Giving them a playground..  As for "abuse", there will always be a way like seal clubbing in OP tanks, while other "innocents" are grinding from scratch and getting raped. But right, it has to be thought out and designed in a way it would not provoke or invite people to any kind of unnecessary abuse.

Gandalf__Greyhame #11 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostHaubitzenschmitz, on 16 June 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

In the various fake identities you have taken in the past, you have complained and trolled A LOT, now if someone else is complaining in a different way or about other things you have or would, you get smart, strong and cocky? If people point out things that you know are screwed-up, but you have decided to ignore them for the sake of your addiction and fun, you don't want to hear them?

To not face the facts and not be reminded any longer, you call them winers or crybabies... so transparent!

What you are complaining about is nothing new . omg too many noobs . This is a free to play game . This game is available for everyone to play . You expect all the players to be at your superunicum level ? There will always be a difference in the skill level . Sometimes you will meet players who are more skilled than you and at others you will meet players who are not good . If every game was Portugal vs Spain it would actually get boring and routine . I point you to a very very old Ruckus video . This was before rating battles , before training rooms . They used to do count in's with the best players and Ruckus said this is quite fun but it gets hectic after a while . You need to meet noobs to blow off steam . When the occasional game is awesome and you meet quality players on both sides , you remember that game . This old rant about noobs in the game is boring . And if nothing else why don't you gather your super skilled buddies and play with them all the time in the training room . 

TinDingo #12 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

Sergeant

• 24912 battles
  • [OVR50]

It amazes me how people still want to think of this a skills based game.

Each time you fire at an opponent, you pull the handle of a slot machine.

You watch as the fruit rolls round and round and wait to see how "skilled" you are.

- A cherry, you were skilled enough to hit the target.

- Another cherry, you were skilled enough to penetrate the armor.

- A lemon, it penetrated but went right through without causing any damage - you're a noob - not enough skill.

Stop complaining about the skill level of your team mates and accept that the algorithms that control the game decide the outcome of each battle.

You've all seen it.

Shots that miss at point blank range while others hit a moving target on the other side of the map.

Shots that bounce when you know they should easily penetrate.

Shots that go right though each and every effing game.

What we need is a new battle mode where there is no RNG.

The "fun" mode would be what we have now.

The RNG free mode would be brutal to bad players leaving only good players to battle it out.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces

Gandalf__Greyhame #13 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 205 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostTinDingo, on 16 June 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

You watch as the fruit rolls round and round and wait to see how "skilled" you are.

- A lemon, it penetrated but went right through without causing any damage - you're a noob - not enough skill.

Stop complaining about the skill level of your team mates and accept that the algorithms that control the game decide the outcome of each battle.

You've all seen it.

Shots that miss at point blank range while others hit a moving target on the other side of the map.

The RNG free mode would be brutal to bad players leaving only good players to battle it out.

0 battles ? :ohmy:

Suke_Popo #14 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:45 AM

Private

• 4013 battles
  • [CDG]

bring player vs CPU mode.

It's answer!

Haubitzenschmitz #15 Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:18 PM

Corporal

• 339 battles
  • [SOULH]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 16 June 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

0 battles ? :ohmy:

View PostTinDingo, on 16 June 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

You've all seen it.

I always suspected and said that the game is perceived differently by everyone.

Subjectively... one would say. But I did not know that it was perceived so extremely different.

RNG as described by you was never perceived by me in such an extreme way. Of course that I agree that both, a certain degree of (sometimes really odd) RNG, in combination of not just random MM,

but purposely unbalanced teams, has the purpose of not letting the good players become too dominant and on the other hand, not letting the utterly incompetent get beaten up too badly.

But I have never experienced RNG as such a determinant and blatant thing in the outcome of my own performance, nor in the outcome of battles. I think this is linked to play style and tank choice (Tier). I have mostly attributed bad luck to unfortunate outcomes and circumstances like being "proxy spotted" unluckily, or the other team having ambushed me without even knowing they were at the right spot at a given moment. And the same as for my team or for myself, when circumstances were in our/my favour. I have always attributed a greater part of doctoring to some algorithm in MM, that allows them to increase randomness instead of keeping teams balanced. While of course keeping it hidden or camouflaged in a way even an experienced veteran cannot make out a pattern, nor prove it. 

As for my proposal, it is of course just one suggestion that would make more aware player feeling less fooled and more under the impression the game was skill based LOL

Any change, any option of that kind,  that would make me feel less abused by a rigged game that now suffers more and more from a multifarious player base, would be fine with me. 

Give me something, or I will not play any longer... ;)

Edited by Haubitzenschmitz, 16 June 2018 - 12:21 PM.

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #16 Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• 16725 battles
  • [ACT-1]

Look Esh. Every player wants this game to improve. Whether it be teaching noobs how to improve, suggestions, fun training room game mode.

Just don’t be a total deutschebag

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing

Jason_Yim #17 Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

Sergeant

• 8834 battles
  • [TERRI]
I think this game needs holiday fun mode

Klea__ #18 Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:39 AM

Sergeant

• 2381 battles
  • [VAD]

still playing the game, still happy because i still like the game

" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers

GeneralFearlessBr0 #19 Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:59 AM

Corporal

• 4294 battles
  • [HAA]

View PostKlea__, on 17 June 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

still playing the game, still happy because i still like the game

​^^^^^^^^^^:great:

RNG? No tanks.
Daily life: Hit, Run, Scout, Hide, Hit, Run...

Diamond114 #20 Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Captain

• 15709 battles
  • [408]

View PostTinDingo, on 16 June 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

You've all seen it.

While there is some luck in play particularly with Russian gun handling characteristics, predicting how the enemy team will deploy themselves, and how RNG favors one side and completely screw the other side, I refuse to believe that the algorithm/ RNG decides the outcome of each match so concrete solid you can't change it. You can still buck the odds and make your own luck, but you have to work very hard for it. Same goes for each individual in the teams. That requires individual skill set such as tactician skills, positioning, marksmanship, situational awareness, team/ map prediction, weakspot management, gauging the rhythm/ timing of the match, etc.

If everything is decided entirely by luck, we all should have average stats to the point where we don't stick out over one another, and "metas" on maps or tanks wouldn't exist

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users