Tortoise need buff!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

1993_gunner #1 Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:55 AM

Private

• 20575 battles
  • [BET]
Plz do some changes in tortoise such as reduced the size of cupola, increase the armour, i think it is too weak because lower tier tanks with stock guns can easily penetrate cupola and front armour. Thank you .

hater_ind #2 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

Corporal

• 28253 battles
  • [BOOM1]
i wonder you dont mention those stock gun and engine

ankitgusai19 #3 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 37545 battles
  • [-LXG-]

View Post1993_gunner, on 14 June 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Plz do some changes in tortoise such as reduced the size of cupola, increase the armour, i think it is too weak because lower tier tanks with stock guns can easily penetrate cupola and front armour. Thank you .

Restore old gun stats. i never got to play the original so called OP Tortoise. i really like that tank but somehow find it very hard to play in current meta. 

Diamond114 #4 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:00 PM

Captain

• 15608 battles
  • [408]

View Post1993_gunner, on 14 June 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

Yo dude, ever heard of "weakspot management"? Maybe try learning what that is and apply that first before complaining just because your Tortoise can`t bully with its strong front armor. Most Tier VIII with stock guns generally doesn`t stand a favorable chance to pen the front armor unless using premium ammo and/ or aiming for weakspots, and even then only in a few places.

As far as changing the armor value, unfortunately that`s going to be a chance in a blue moon, because there are at least 1 Tortoise prototype at the Tank Museum in Bovington. So unless someone travels back in time and convince the designer of the Tortoise to thicken the front armor some more, that request for better armor in WoT is generally not going to happen. Same thing with cupolas, maybe here you can argue it can be done because the Patton has its tumor removed. Sure, but does such an option existed during Tortoise`s existence? If it doesn`t then it won`t happen.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #5 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:07 PM

Captain

• 15608 battles
  • [408]
Tortoise`s strength is a relatively punchy gun even with the stock 20 pounder with quick rate of fire, good handling and high DPM numbers, wide gun arc, strong front armor if managed properly by hiding weakspots and angling the front plate towards incoming fire. Even when angled the Tortoise can still fight back due to the aforementioned gun arc, which is a luxury to casemate TDs. It also has fast rate of fire where you can easily put 2-3 shots at least for each one the reds gave you with the 20 pounder, 2 shots for the 120mm gun. Bounce their shots and you`re in damage trade heaven.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

martindogger #6 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:29 PM

Corporal

• 6 battles

Tortoise is good as it is at the moment. Any tank who wants to trade shots with you will have problems and remember you can deliver little nukes too with your HESH rounds, giving a monstruous DPM on one of the best guns in the game. 

Here's a video I made, playing the Tortoise on my press account on EU server:

Load Aim Fire! ... my YouTube channel

Basic Blitz series - tank reviews - troll moments - epic wins - derpy defeats

5400+ subscribers and counting! Join the happiness!

Playing on the EU server mostly, 25k battles there so not a complete noob :child:

bigben21 #7 Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

I am an average player and never had too much problem with tortoise.

Use ridge or slight slope, angle the tank slightly and aim down. Amour this way can bounce shots. Never move away alone, stay close to the team and stay close to solid structures to prevent COD. And play this tank like a ht and not your conventional sniper from the rear.

Edited by bigben21, 17 June 2018 - 01:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users