any tips on flatpanzer?

flatpanzer

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Klea__ #1 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:37 AM

Sergeant

• 2381 battles
  • [VAD]
recently got on game and played jgpz 4 and finally fully upgraded it. now it seems decent but not enough to sastify me. anyone can give me tips on the flatpanzer?  everything always pens me on the front, but i dont rlly rely on the armor too much

" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers

Ronnel_999 #2 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:33 AM

Sergeant

• 18335 battles
  • [BOOM1]
Klea_,
I'm grinding my flat panzer too. I'm doing quite well with mine but it does feel softer and sluggish than the Stug. What I do is I vampire from a bush or very far away where the reds view range can't reach me then brawl at the end if needed. It's so soft that whenever I get the light bulb, I ran away fast like a scared chicken. I don't care if I still have a shot, I tuck my tail in and just run away  :)  

Klea__ #3 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

Sergeant

• 2381 battles
  • [VAD]

View PostRonnel_999, on 12 June 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Klea_,
I'm grinding my flat panzer too. I'm doing quite well with mine but it does feel softer and sluggish than the Stug. What I do is I vampire from a bush or very far away where the reds view range can't reach me then brawl at the end if needed. It's so soft that whenever I get the light bulb, I ran away fast like a scared chicken. I don't care if I still have a shot, I tuck my tail in and just run away  :)  

but everytime i get the light bulb, everyone points their guns, put in HE, and end up penning me 

Edited by Klea__, 12 June 2018 - 09:06 AM.

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers

Jason_Yim #4 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:45 AM

Sergeant

• 8524 battles
  • [TERRI]

People like putting HE shells into ur tank because it's like ur profile picture easier to be penned with HE shells lol

Just kidding dude no offense 

Klea__ #5 Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:09 PM

Sergeant

• 2381 battles
  • [VAD]

View PostJason_Yim, on 12 June 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

People like putting HE shells into ur tank because it's like ur profile picture easier to be penned with HE shells lol

Just kidding dude no offense 

uhh this aint a tip..

Diamond114 #6 Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:20 PM

Captain

• 15581 battles
  • [408]

The thing that Flatpanzer has going for it now is mobility and DPM. Even with the 88mm it fires relatively quickly compared to similarly armed TDs, and while traverse isn't that great it can still move at a decent speed. Use the mobility and DPM to get around the enemy flanks quickly, especially since the 88mm only has 145mm of pen. 

Also, since the gun is on the right side of the chassis, do and peek out using right corners as much as possible. 

I may have to replay my Flatpanzer, what I mostly remember is from way back pre-3.8.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Jason_Yim #7 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:58 AM

Sergeant

• 8524 battles
  • [TERRI]
Don't play it like E25 cuz it's not fast and reload time is slower

Ronnel_999 #8 Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:16 AM

Sergeant

• 18335 battles
  • [BOOM1]

View PostKlea__, on 12 June 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

but everytime i get the light bulb, everyone points their guns, put in HE, and end up penning me 

Maybe you are too close to the reds when you start your sniping ambush set-up or maybe you moved your tracks without noticing it thus losing your TD camo?? I'm very cautious on my TD's max gun arc..
Or maybe you are overextending when you take a peek and not retreating back asap. Remember that when the light bulb shows up this means that you have already been detected. 
When there are no reds spotted or my team has all died and I have to spot for myself, I go from bush to bush and whenever I approach a bush, I try to go in very slowly especially if I think that I'm inside their view range. 
Sometimes I fire blind shots at bushes where I suspect that enemy tanks may be hiding. If the light bulb flashes then I know I'm detected and if they move then I have detected them, then I'll try to reset camo then relocate. 
Another thing is that my camo crew skill is at level 7 so this also helps a lot. I also use net plus I use big and small rations just to get more view range as much as possible and I try my very best to be on the edges of the map. 
Another thing that I like to do is I try to position my TD behind my teammates or I flank hard using the ridges of the map and get behind or far on the side for easier penetration. 

There are also times that I don't shoot even when I have a chance to shoot if I'm too close or that I'm inside their view range. I wait for them to get distracted then that's the time I shoot because that shot will surely get myself detected and if I'm going to get detected, at least I know that their guns are not pointing my way and I have a few seconds to hide, reset camo and relocate. 

By the way... I just learned these recently after so many battles (I'm a slow learner, lol!) so maybe best to ask someone who is good driving TDs. 

XF1_Razer #9 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:59 AM

Sergeant

• 8862 battles
  • [DARTH]

I feel like I’m one in a million. I’ve managed to get through the flatty with an overall winrate of 55%. This may seem crazy at first but you’ll realise it proves effective... if done correctly. Flat panzer cannot snipe... well it can but not too well. Even though it’s penetration is decent, it loses half of it at range. Even after the severe manoeuvrability nerf, it’s still fairly versatile. Use this to your advantage. Stay near the frontline, obviously near allies so you can support them and vice versa. If you peek-a-boom (not really peek-a-boom...but I assume you know what I’m talking about), you can actually get numerous hits without taking damage. Flat panzer has an extremely low profile, players who try to quick scope you when you peek-a-book will often miss. Basically, Jg.Pz 4 is played most effectively as a support tank destroyer. It can work magic in your favour when you have enough support, but it can also work magic if you don’t. That is, it can either do a crap tonne of damage, or you can die in three seconds flat. Most people may disagree with me but meh... it worked out perfectly well for me so...

Your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer 

Klea__ #10 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

Sergeant

• 2381 battles
  • [VAD]

View PostRonnel_999, on 13 June 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

Maybe you are too close to the reds when you start your sniping ambush set-up or maybe you moved your tracks without noticing it thus losing your TD camo?? I'm very cautious on my TD's max gun arc..
Or maybe you are overextending when you take a peek and not retreating back asap. Remember that when the light bulb shows up this means that you have already been detected. 
When there are no reds spotted or my team has all died and I have to spot for myself, I go from bush to bush and whenever I approach a bush, I try to go in very slowly especially if I think that I'm inside their view range. 
Sometimes I fire blind shots at bushes where I suspect that enemy tanks may be hiding. If the light bulb flashes then I know I'm detected and if they move then I have detected them, then I'll try to reset camo then relocate. 
Another thing is that my camo crew skill is at level 7 so this also helps a lot. I also use net plus I use big and small rations just to get more view range as much as possible and I try my very best to be on the edges of the map. 
Another thing that I like to do is I try to position my TD behind my teammates or I flank hard using the ridges of the map and get behind or far on the side for easier penetration. 

There are also times that I don't shoot even when I have a chance to shoot if I'm too close or that I'm inside their view range. I wait for them to get distracted then that's the time I shoot because that shot will surely get myself detected and if I'm going to get detected, at least I know that their guns are not pointing my way and I have a few seconds to hide, reset camo and relocate. 

By the way... I just learned these recently after so many battles (I'm a slow learner, lol!) so maybe best to ask someone who is good driving TDs. 

im kinda a crap learner when it comes to camo but ONCE i shot, i get spotted immediately, then i get shotted everywhere, even if i stay still, someone spots me easily, making me a easy prey.

View PostXF1_Razer, on 13 June 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

I feel like I’m one in a million. I’ve managed to get through the flatty with an overall winrate of 55%. This may seem crazy at first but you’ll realise it proves effective... if done correctly. Flat panzer cannot snipe... well it can but not too well. Even though it’s penetration is decent, it loses half of it at range. Even after the severe manoeuvrability nerf, it’s still fairly versatile. Use this to your advantage. Stay near the frontline, obviously near allies so you can support them and vice versa. If you peek-a-boom (not really peek-a-boom...but I assume you know what I’m talking about), you can actually get numerous hits without taking damage. Flat panzer has an extremely low profile, players who try to quick scope you when you peek-a-book will often miss. Basically, Jg.Pz 4 is played most effectively as a support tank destroyer. It can work magic in your favour when you have enough support, but it can also work magic if you don’t. That is, it can either do a crap tonne of damage, or you can die in three seconds flat. Most people may disagree with me but meh... it worked out perfectly well for me so...

so i should play it just like a support tank? the point is, even if my aiming reticle is very tiny, i still end up missing, then my opponent gets a shot at me. also just to tell im using the top gun because i want to do alpha in just 1 shot.

Ronnel_999 #11 Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:13 PM

Sergeant

• 18335 battles
  • [BOOM1]

View PostXF1_Razer, on 13 June 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

Klea, 

Look at XF1_Razer's comment. We have very different playstyle but we have very similar win rate on the flat panzer (I have 56% on 48 battles and still grinding. 60% with 107 battles on my Stug which I use the same playstyle). XF1_Razer seems to prefer brawling than sniping even with a very soft tank and he is successful with it. Definitely, he plays a lot more dynamic and fast-paced than me. Very different style but both works so it's up to you to find which personality and playstyle you have. 

The benefit of XF1_Razer's playstyle is that he is always in the thick of the action and it's never boring. His team knows that he is with them which can boost morale. He will also never get hate messages like "coward camper". The downside is that he must be in total control plus have good skills to back it up since the tank is very soft, there is a very minimal opening for mistakes. I think this tactic is best used by good players like XF1. 

I think the benefit of my playstyle is seeing reds turning their turrets looking for who shot them and hiding their tanks while delaying their tactical advance. A good example is ninja-shooting big tanks like KV2, SU-100Y and keeping their guns silent because they are too busy trying to hide their tanks from being sniped. This can give even my unskilled teammates to take shots on that hiding KV2 or SU-100-Y without worrying too much that they'll get derped because the red tanks that I'm pinning down are distracted. Another big advantage is that often I still have full HP and can use it to brawl if needed. The downside is that you must be map aware and must know strategic sniping spots so that your gun will never be silent. Another downside is that you'll be called a camper even if you did lots of damage especially if you have some salty teammates. And because I'm far at the back, the damage I did will be shared with the teammate who is spotting for me, so less damage for me... 

Why not learn both and be a real pest :)

PS: I like using the second gun on my flat panzer because it's just like a pesky mosquito bite for big red tanks. Usually, they ignore me and before they know it, I have taken half their HP before they even start turning their turrets trying to find the invisible pest :)

Edited by Ronnel_999, 13 June 2018 - 07:21 PM.

Klea__ #12 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:15 PM

Sergeant

• 2381 battles
  • [VAD]

View PostRonnel_999, on 13 June 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

Klea, 

Look at XF1_Razer's comment. We have very different playstyle but we have very similar win rate on the flat panzer (I have 56% on 48 battles and still grinding. 60% with 107 battles on my Stug which I use the same playstyle). XF1_Razer seems to prefer brawling than sniping even with a very soft tank and he is successful with it. Definitely, he plays a lot more dynamic and fast-paced than me. Very different style but both works so it's up to you to find which personality and playstyle you have. 

The benefit of XF1_Razer's playstyle is that he is always in the thick of the action and it's never boring. His team knows that he is with them which can boost morale. He will also never get hate messages like "coward camper". The downside is that he must be in total control plus have good skills to back it up since the tank is very soft, there is a very minimal opening for mistakes. I think this tactic is best used by good players like XF1. 

I think the benefit of my playstyle is seeing reds turning their turrets looking for who shot them and hiding their tanks while delaying their tactical advance. A good example is ninja-shooting big tanks like KV2, SU-100Y and keeping their guns silent because they are too busy trying to hide their tanks from being sniped. This can give even my unskilled teammates to take shots on that hiding KV2 or SU-100-Y without worrying too much that they'll get derped because the red tanks that I'm pinning down are distracted. Another big advantage is that often I still have full HP and can use it to brawl if needed. The downside is that you must be map aware and must know strategic sniping spots so that your gun will never be silent. Another downside is that you'll be called a camper even if you did lots of damage especially if you have some salty teammates. And because I'm far at the back, the damage I did will be shared with the teammate who is spotting for me, so less damage for me... 

PS: I like using the second gun on my flat panzer because it's just like a pesky mosquito bite for big red tanks. Usually, they ignore me and before they know it, I have taken half their HP before they even start turning their turrets trying to find the invisible pest :)

also another reason why i keep failing is because of my brainless teammates. also i find the top gun suiting me the best because 220 alpha is decent especially when it only costs 1 more second for that alpha. i guess ill play it like a sniper in early game and once its just me ill brawl with my full hp. thanks for the tips!

Ronnel_999 #13 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:30 AM

Sergeant

• 18335 battles
  • [BOOM1]

View PostKlea__, on 13 June 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

also another reason why i keep failing is because of my brainless teammates. also i find the top gun suiting me the best because 220 alpha is decent especially when it only costs 1 more second for that alpha. i guess ill play it like a sniper in early game and once its just me ill brawl with my full hp. thanks for the tips!

We really can't put all the blame on our brainless teammates because most of them are not even serious and just grinding like zombies. There are times that I performed much worst than a nub... This may be a "team game" but the reason why I started to play TDs is that I got fed up moving with bad teammates who yolo and die too early. Even if I think about them, I'm sure they are not thinking about me so I just use them as meat-baits and just farm as much damage before the reds detect me. 

Back in my younger days during marksmanship class or whatever you may call it... :) there are several jobs a marksman is deployed. To break it down easier (if I can still remember it right...), not in order: infantry support, taking out priority targets, taking out priority heavy equipment, for inter like taking photographs, studying the terrain, studying the movements of the reds and making and assessing strategic engagement, countermeasures and plotting escape routes, etc. There are several types too... not in order: one that works with a spotter, one who works with a team, one that works with a group of marksmen, and one who is totally alone.

Another is the choice of weapons used, some use heavy rifles with fancy optics, some use a lighter version with just a scope, some use weird rifles that you wouldn't expect a sniper would use just because the sound scatters all over the place and is very hard to detect, and some of the best snipers that I saw were just using iron sights. So why iron sights??? This is because they move with the group and during an ambush, the sniper has to hit the dirt asap and can damage his optics making it useless, plus the topography may not be in favor for scopes like thick jungles, rainforest or thick marshland where engagements are usually fought at close quarters distance. Remember that there are also long-range snipers and mid-range snipers and they work totally different from each other. 

Another is camo: some use ghillie suits, some use camo uniform, some use normal soldier's uniform and some prefer civilian clothing. Their main objective is to blend in with their surroundings. It is like wearing a ghillie suit and walking in a busy rural area, lol. That's why I love the new pink camo in the game because it's like wearing a clown suit, lol!

I'm just sharing this to you because I find it funny to have such good resemblance or similarities of the tactics and how the marksmen are different from each other in game or in real life. 

PS: I flunked marksmanship 101 and was immediately transferred to the potato peeling brigade so please take my story with a grain of salt :)

hater_ind #14 Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

Corporal

• 27886 battles
  • [BOOM1]

hey mate,

i have some tips to drive flatpanzer

• first dont run turretless tds without camo net equipment and camoflouge(camo net+camo=10+4% invisibility for your tank,while you behind the bush and not moving camo net value doubled that means almost 25% invisible to enemy tanks)
  • dont go frontline,dont show your sides and back to 152 mm guns(if you re in 6/5 MM you can go frontline)
  • when you get hit by kv1s and kv2 and you re alive that means they re going to die rush and deliver the shells.kv1s=19s reload,kv2=22s and yours 4.3s they will die before next shot
  • train your camoflouge crew skill(not necessary but you love tds this will be helpful)
  • you can drive this tank like e25 but you need a good team or atleast a platoon mate

hope this helps,

sorry for my bad english,

Good luck.:great:

p.s;my WR on flatpz is 61.20 with 183 battles.

Edited by hater_ind, 14 June 2018 - 05:12 AM.

XF1_Razer #15 Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

Sergeant

• 8862 battles
  • [DARTH]

View PostRonnel_999, on 13 June 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

Klea, 

Thanks Ronnel_999 for your comment.

Although I must warn anybody who wishes to use the flatty like I do. Being accustomed to the heavily armoured (for a TD) Obj. 268, I generally find myself at mid range. Mid range is the range where the enemy can only see you if you fire - I usually don’t go further than that. It goes the same with the flatty. From my experience, it’s ability to help allies hold a flank is what makes it so potent. However, as Ronnel_999 has already stated, it’s something that you have to get used to. If the reds know there’s a flatpanzer around, they’ll generally stay away from the open. So many times I’ve been too impulsive, run out into the open, and somehow manage to take 600 or so from a flatty somehwere. And when it comes to brawling? Don’t move to much unless you’re getting circled. The flatpanzer can stand its ground and fight alone when used properly. But otherwise, if you’re new to the tank, I suggest to snipe. 

Ronnel_999 #16 Posted Yesterday, 08:42 AM

Sergeant

• 18335 battles
  • [BOOM1]

View PostXF1_Razer, on 19 June 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

Thanks Ronnel_999 for your comment.

Although I must warn anybody who wishes to use the flatty like I do. Being accustomed to the heavily armoured (for a TD) Obj. 268, I generally find myself at mid range. Mid range is the range where the enemy can only see you if you fire - I usually don’t go further than that. It goes the same with the flatty. From my experience, it’s ability to help allies hold a flank is what makes it so potent. However, as Ronnel_999 has already stated, it’s something that you have to get used to. If the reds know there’s a flatpanzer around, they’ll generally stay away from the open. So many times I’ve been too impulsive, run out into the open, and somehow manage to take 600 or so from a flatty somehwere. And when it comes to brawling? Don’t move to much unless you’re getting circled. The flatpanzer can stand its ground and fight alone when used properly. But otherwise, if you’re new to the tank, I suggest to snipe. 

Last night I saw another flat panzer playstyle. First, he was beside me then did a yolo rush straight to the reds and obliterated 4 of them in close quarters combat. Though he was yoloing, he is a very good driver. I think his intention was to get the red's attention towards him because he was a soft target for all of them but when their turrets starts turning towards him, he was back behind some kind of cover. Basically, he was just showing some leg and baiting them to take shots while our team took opportunistic shots then he finished them off. He took down two KV2s, a heavy and a medium while still having more than half of his HP. I looked at his stats and it was impressive (purple). I thought that guy had a death wish but he was just toying with them. 

I did try doing the same thing and showed some leg when I was cornered before but it didn't end up well for me, I got derped and died instantly, hahaha!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users