Update 5.0

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Tankers, we have some news for you. We have heard your frustrations regarding the Spare Parts system and Equipment, and we are making some significant changes to address those frustrations.

So let's cut to the chase. In Update 5.0:

• Timers for unlocking equipment were removed.
  • From now on, equipment will be unlocked using credits instead of Spare Parts.
  • All Spare Part boosters will be converted into Spare Parts.
  • You will have an opportunity to spend your Spare Parts on some bundles in the in-game Store.
  • In the version coming after Update 5.0, all unused Spare Parts will be converted into credits.
  • All previously unlocked equipment slots will remain.
  • Each vehicle with at least 6 unlocked equipment slots will get the Strong-willed rare camouflage.

Full news text

Morning has broken in Vineyards

In Update 5.0, we extensively reworked the Vineyards map. It was difficult to play on this map due to constant darkness, and its "heavy" graphics slowed down weak devices. Moreover, the statistics showed that the teams had unequal positions in some areas of the map. No one was happy about this, so we fixed it.

Full news text

Update 5.0

Equipment, balance, Vineyards—we reworked everything!

Full news text

Update!

Special bundles are available!

Purchased item can be invoiced with delay. Don't worry if you don't get item immediately.

Redback_Bluegum #2 Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 18024 battles
  • [SURLY]

About time - it “only” took you a year to figure this out

Its a pity that we lost so many good community members because of sparts

perhaps reversing the decision will bring some back, but i fear the damage has been done and is irreversible

Hopefully we can have some variety in tanks again and build bigger garages

Edited by Redback_Bluegum, 08 June 2018 - 09:02 AM.

http://www.blitzstars.com/player/asia/Redback_Bluegum

Make sure your worst enemy doesn't live between your own two ears

Ronnel_999 #3 Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:18 AM

Sergeant

• 21856 battles
  • [BOOM2]
Finally!!!
I just hope that players who left the game because of spare parts and timer will have a reason to come back and play again. Good move WG!
It has been a long year of endless spare parts grinding and I still couldn't get all my tanks fully equipped... 

I hope WG's next move is to remove those cash-grab magical crates and just sell us the prem tanks as-is. Also please consider selling prem tanks without putting it in bundles. Some of us just need premium tanks without the extra goodies like boosters, prem time and gold. It may be cheaper but I'm sure you'll get more buyers than putting them in bundles and bumping-up the price. 

WoTBlitzPlayer #4 Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:02 AM

Sergeant

• 4795 battles

When is the release date for 5.0 ?

When we sell a tank,

(1) will we receive the full amount of credits back for Parts mounted upon the Tank ?

if so, then for those Tanks, which we have already sold, which had spare parts assigned to them, what will happen ? Do we get a refund ?

or

(2) will they be retained with the Tank for reinstatement when repurchasing it at a later date (just as is the case with current Parts).

Neb10k #5 Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:49 AM

Captain

• 56971 battles
  • [KR0N0]
Great decision and the communication has been crystal clear.

Brilliant turn around. Well done.

erwin10001 #6 Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• 33826 battles
  • [SEALZ]
so should i save up spare parts now in case i can exchange them for a premium tank in the in-game store? 

B_SaltyMadd #7 Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

Captain

• 30429 battles
  • [FEAST]

Nice Change, even though it's 1 year late. Finally seeing Wargaming moving on and correcting mistakes.

Next just need Gambling chests to be gone and modding to be revived and I am willing to sell my life for this game...

Thanks to the developers for listening and very big thanks for the Community Managers like RibbleStripe, MaxStyler and ZIoydd who are out here taking all the criticisms for the Developers and actually still doing their job here, at least our frustration has been heard and now addressed. this game cannot reach it's current level without these amazing community managers.

Now back to the job and make them reverse the decision of spamming us with gambling chests :trollface::P. Seriously, they need to be gone.

Edited by Maddoxkkm, 08 June 2018 - 03:33 PM.

Leader of FEAST (Fulcra of the East), Twister Cup 2018 Asia Server Champion

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

Farlesquew #8 Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 30572 battles
  • [HAVOC]

View PostRedback_Bluegum, on 08 June 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Its a pity that we lost so many good community members because of sparts

perhaps reversing the decision will bring some back, but i fear the damage has been done and is irreversible

When 3.8 landed I had a garage of (iirc) +120 tanks, all fully equipped, and I enjoyed playing them all.

WGambling wrecked my garage with the inception of sparts. My garage instantly became full of tanks I now didn't want to drive. WGambling trod on nearly two years of effort. 

And now I'm supposed to be grateful when WGambling 'reverse' their offense? 

But is the offense actually reversed? Will 5.0 re-open ALL of the equipment slots on every tank I had when 3.8 landed? (I could accept the status quo for tanks acquired during the dark night of sparts).

No. No it won't.

So... meh. 

Gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us.

Redback_Bluegum #9 Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 18024 battles
  • [SURLY]

View PostFarlesquew, on 09 June 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

When 3.8 landed I had a garage of (iirc) +120 tanks, all fully equipped, and I enjoyed playing them all.

WGambling wrecked my garage with the inception of sparts. My garage instantly became full of tanks I now didn't want to drive. WGambling trod on nearly two years of effort. 

And now I'm supposed to be grateful when WGambling 'reverse' their offense? 

But is the offense actually reversed? Will 5.0 re-open ALL of the equipment slots on every tank I had when 3.8 landed? (I could accept the status quo for tanks acquired during the dark night of sparts).

No. No it won't.

So... meh. 

I agree with your comments farly, but I’ve got to say that I have a renewed sense of enthusiasm for this game.

I’m now planning which tanks I will buy back into my garage.  The tanks that I used to have fully equipped but didn’t use spare parts on because they weren’t  the highest priority for me.  Tanks like the panther or the hetzer.

Nonother game out there has the same level of interesting gameplay 

http://www.blitzstars.com/player/asia/Redback_Bluegum

Make sure your worst enemy doesn't live between your own two ears

stormventsrage2 #10 Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 26577 battles

Hooray!

The problem of leisure, what to do for pleasure....

ankitgusai19 #11 Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 40661 battles
  • [SMRT]
A very welcomed change. 
I have around 110 and more than 70 of them are at least updated to 6 equipments. so i'll miss the opportunity to hoard the premium time but regardless very happy with the change. 

Uchiha_Itachi_1 #12 Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:30 AM

Corporal

• 24819 battles
  • [SGTH1]
Will it be possible in future to sell equipments in exchange for credits after 5.0 ? Also can u please create more bundles as shown in game news during 5.0 so that we can get even better deals if we had tons of spare parts left with us; something like 60/90 day prem time by exchanging spare parts. I would also like to know if all the changes of 4.11 open test will make it to 5.0 and will there be any more additions.And will we be ever able to unlock any equip in the future regardless which stage they belong to ,refined gun is a great equip but u have to unlock 6 equips before it which is a tedious job? Thanks

Edited by Uchiha_Itachi_1, 09 June 2018 - 11:49 AM.

Kabama04 #13 Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 18521 battles
  • [FOW]
Also will we be able to mod things like gun sounds and reticules soon?
My Tanks:

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us. -Space_Ape_Marksman (NA)

SonderAbteilung #14 Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 50556 battles
  • [BLINK]

Hello Ribble, 

Now , i already have many tanks with more than 6 equipment slots open , so I should receive that free camo on those tanks. No probs with tank. 

However,  I also own Dracula, Helsing, Pz 4 anko, hetzer GUP and kuro mori mine... now those tanks don't have any camo but skins... 5 of those are fully equipped.  (With the infamous spare parts) .. so I won't get that camo as reward... so what will I get then for those tanks??? 

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

B_SaltyMadd #15 Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

Captain

• 30429 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostSonderAbteilung, on 09 June 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hello Ribble, 

Now , i already have many tanks with more than 6 equipment slots open , so I should receive that free camo on those tanks. No probs with tank. 

However,  I also own Dracula, Helsing, Pz 4 anko, hetzer GUP and kuro mori mine... now those tanks don't have any camo but skins... 5 of those are fully equipped.  (With the infamous spare parts) .. so I won't get that camo as reward... so what will I get then for those tanks??? 

*drumrolls*

Nothing!

Leader of FEAST (Fulcra of the East), Twister Cup 2018 Asia Server Champion

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

SonderAbteilung #16 Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50556 battles
  • [BLINK]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 10 June 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

*drumrolls*

Nothing!

Yeah... the real WG policy. .. 

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

Klea__ #17 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:12 AM

Sergeant

• 2381 battles
  • [VAD]

WG finally stopped being drunk and listens to players.

sigh*

" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers

WoTBlitzPlayer #18 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

Sergeant

• 4795 battles

I guess no one cares, but... Tier V still can't join Supremacy mode games. If this isn't fixed in 5.0 can the docs, etc be changed to reflect that only Tier 6 and upwards can join Supremacy mode games.

FROST_Sagar #19 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

Private

• 22562 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostWoTBlitzPlayer, on 08 June 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

When is the release date for 5.0 ?

When we sell a tank,

(1) will we receive the full amount of credits back for Parts mounted upon the Tank ?

if so, then for those Tanks, which we have already sold, which had spare parts assigned to them, what will happen ? Do we get a refund ?

or

(2) will they be retained with the Tank for reinstatement when repurchasing it at a later date (just as is the case with current Parts).

when u rebuy tank u will get same no. of equipment unlocked which were present on the tank when u sold it

RibbleStripe #20 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostWoTBlitzPlayer, on 15 June 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

I guess no one cares, but... Tier V still can't join Supremacy mode games. If this isn't fixed in 5.0 can the docs, etc be changed to reflect that only Tier 6 and upwards can join Supremacy mode games.

We care. This issue is under review, we try to find out the reasons.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users