Chat mod abuse with power complex? or what?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

HEAT_ME_BABY #1 Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:39 PM

Private

• 930 battles
  • [STEEL]

So.... I got permanently banned from in-game chat because apparently my name (not this one) offends the so-called "noob" players, because it has the word "noobs" in it. Okay so that's my very first ever offense on this game. I was casually chatting in English chat, when out of nowhere, without warning or anything, I got banned. Is it completely normal to get permanently banned from chat on first offense?

So I have already changed the name. I completely get it now you cannot put the word "noobs" in your name, but permanent chat ban for first offense without any warning is really unfair.

In the PC version, you would get temporary warning ban for first offense like this. Not PERMANENT.

The sanction itself was for preventing the user to intentionally use the IGN as tool of rule violation. (Well, it should not have only 'noob' word, are you sure that it just get banned for 'noob' word?.) Once the name is checked by related staffs, the sanction will probably be lifted. The ticket of yours is already being reviewed as well.

Disputing Mod/GM/Admin decisions, user warned, thread closed.
~ teysanook

Edited by teysanook, 18 April 2018 - 12:54 PM.

HEAT_ME_BABY #2 Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

Private

• 930 battles
  • [STEEL]
So I created a ticket over this 1-2 days ago. They replied (actually 30 mins ago I just checked after making this thread), they said "UniCum" is also not acceptable. But the good thing is they will lift the ban once I change it again. Well for now, I can't because whenever I try to change it again it says "Unknown error has occured. Please try again later. If the error persists, contact Support Service.".

HEAT_ME_BABY #3 Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:00 PM

Private

• 930 battles
  • [STEEL]
I would also like to mention, when banned, I'm unable to send directions in battle.. that's ridiculous.. I'm perfectly fine without being able to chat forever. But once in a while I would like to send things like affirmative, negative, or defend the base....

Jumper919029291 #4 Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 3746 battles
My main account also got a permanent ban. There was no warning at all and when I sent a ticket saying that it was unfair they said that the moderators DO NOT NEED TO WARN THE PLAYERS BEFORE GIVING THEM A SANCTION!!! And, that the ban was handled correctly and they will not remove it.

만국의 노동자여, 단결하라!

Workers of the world, unite!

Freelancer_Tesla #5 Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

Sergeant

• 17567 battles
  • [MAS]

Yeah, stay away from the in-game English chat like a toxic waste dump. The mods there are either: 1) non-existent or 2) bashing people on the head with the ban-hammer. There might be more moderate mods out there but meh, so far my encounters with the in-game mods have only been of the previous 2.

Ps: Btw, what happened to that Clova dude? Could have sworn he was training to become a new forum mod.

Frequents higher tiers, because I hate tractors armed with high-caliber rifles.

Plays a mix of well, everything.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

- General George S. Patton

Noobieman #6 Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21779 battles
  • [AVSW]

View Post___UniCum___, on 18 April 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

So.... I got permanently banned from in-game chat because apparently my name (not this one) offends the so-called "noob" players, because it has the word "noobs" in it. Okay so that's my very first ever offense on this game. I was casually chatting in English chat, when out of nowhere, without warning or anything, I got banned. Is it completely normal to get permanently banned from chat on first offense?

So I have already changed the name. I completely get it now you cannot put the word "noobs" in your name, but permanent chat ban for first offense without any warning is really unfair.

In the PC version, you would get temporary warning ban for first offense like this. Not PERMANENT.

this is crazy, why ? 

I have had this online Steam name for over 10 years ! 

Jumper919029291 #7 Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3746 battles

View PostNoobieman, on 18 April 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

this is crazy, why ? 

I have had this online Steam name for over 10 years ! 

Me too. They permanently banned me WITHOUT A SINGLE WARNING. It was my first offence. When I sent a ticket, the responce was absolutely blyatful.

만국의 노동자여, 단결하라!

Workers of the world, unite!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users