Death Toaster Opinions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

LightninWar #1 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 5387 battles
  • [STURM]
The death toaster is actually a surprisingly good tank to play at ranges. 60km/h top speed limit as well as pretty nice camo values make the thing a formidable ranged opponent but not without its weaknesses. Sure its huge with pretzel and sausage for armour but hey, it does have a pretty nice gun as well the ability to relocate and work around the lines to a better position. What I dont get is why people kept whining about the thing despite the tank being a solid medium-long range sniper as well as having the same playstyle as the G15, the supposed agile sniper on the top of the line.

So what sort of sophisticated writing can I put on here with this oh so fancy font?

Hmmm....

Link to my horrible, horrible stats: 

https://www.blitzsta...sia/LightninWar

Diamond114 #2 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

Captain

• 15880 battles
  • [408]

Totally agree. If you can use the mobility to sneak around and not be the center of attention of the red team for long, this Toaster is actually quite decent. Just don`t go with the long 88, you`ll be neck bracing yourself.

With the amount of traverse mobility and the wide gun traverse arc for both the 75mm and 88mm L/56, this thing can actually go toe-to-toe with a circling med or light.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Jason_Yim #3 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:21 AM

Sergeant

• 8875 battles
  • [TERRI]
Get toasted

Jumper919029291 #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 2669 battles
  • [ROKGW]
I'm not too sure about what you said in terms of camouflage values. It is one of the biggest tanks at tier 5, giving it a terrible camo rating. It does have the speed and it can move around, but being spotted whenever you shoot isn't cool.

만국의 노동자여, 단결하라!

Workers of the world, unite!

JalterBestWaifu #5 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:02 PM

Sergeant

• 23568 battles
  • [A1TER]

View PostJumper919029291, on 16 April 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

I'm not too sure about what you said in terms of camouflage values. It is one of the biggest tanks at tier 5, giving it a terrible camo rating. It does have the speed and it can move around, but being spotted whenever you shoot isn't cool.

They both have awful camo value

Abhimanyu_The_Invincible #6 Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:48 AM

Private

• 911 battles
For some reason, in my experience, the Pz. Sfl. IV (a.k.a Death Toaster) is way more popular than the StuG iii Ausf. G these days. I've seen quite a lot of good toaster players, who usually survive till the end and do 900+ damage.

Ronnel_999 #7 Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• 21430 battles
  • [BOOM2]

I only have 32 battles with 68% win rate and a gold mastery on my toaster. The gun is good but no armor. HE magnet. I use the 2nd gun because it has more gun arc until you full it out and make the tracks move thus losing your TD camo. The 2nd gun has insane gun elevation too so you can go backwards up a hill and still be able to shoot. My style is to dash to a camping spot at the edge of the maps, climb a hill and use it's good gun elevation to snipe down. I don't move my tracks if possible to not get spotted then dash to the reds and clean-up when the battle is nearly done. In my 32 battles using my toaster, I was shot for only a few times because I wasn't detected. Even with no armor the tank can work well if well hidden. The problem starts when all my teammates are dead and I have to personally hunt and spot for myself because the toaster is not good for trading shots.

I can't say that I like the toaster but I was successful with mine and usually survive until the end and made lots of damage vampiring from a bush.
I think people whine about it is because we have to be extra careful not to get detected or we are dead. Unlike the Stug where it can also snipe, can bounce some shots, can brawl and can even do COD. The Stug can also bully taller tanks by hugging close and going under the gun of the enemy. It's so funny to see HTs panicking because the Stug is so low that their gun can't reach you when you are side hugging them. It's hard to carry a game on a toaster especially when everyone is dead. These are some of the things that the toaster can't do that's why I sold my toaster right after the grind and kept the Stug.

Edited by Ronnel_999, 08 June 2018 - 02:44 PM.

RenamedUser_2015744594 #8 Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:13 AM

Corporal

• 15059 battles
  • [31954]

I sold it the moment I finished the grind to the next tier.

I ended with 53% win rate on it but somehow still WN8 Unicum on it.... o_O

I think that it's rather uncomfortable to play with it, because it is so undermined in many small maps. In the off chances you get Dead Rail or Castilla or Canal, you can do well up to 2000 in a game. But the moment you get something much smaller, you are nothing but a walking target. I see battles where people are fighting one another head on, and then a toaster walks in, and EVERYONE just goes for him. Like some magnet. So basically, the toaster can only be played in 1 way. FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR SUPER FAR AWAY.

My Camouflage crew skill is at level 6 i believe. And it's still not enough for the Toaster here to have a decent game in most maps. It definitely cannot carry any matches at all. And i think that's where my 53% winrate came from. Tried to play it like an RHM, and failed miserably. Its size makes it too much of an easy shot the moment it is spotted. At least my RHM can get into cover very easily if ever spotted. Toaster here would need an extra 1-2 seconds of backpeddling just to get its cheeks out of the enemy's scope.

I read that its armor got buffed. So maybe i'll buy it again, just so i can grind its winrate to something more..... pleasant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users