Teammates that blocks shots (deliberately or undeliberately) should be punished

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

LightninWar #1 Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4839 battles
  • [STURM]

I could not count how many losses I had due to a low IQ crackhead blocking my well aimed shots or much needed kill securing shots was blocked deliberately and undeliberately. People seem to give no attention to their surroundings so much so that even if someone can quickly build the most obvious landscape feature next to them, they still wont notice.

So how do we make the skrubs notice that someone else is trying to make a shot? By bringing back team damage. You see, when you dont punish a thing, the idiots (which make up at least 60-70% of the playerbase) would care less about the said thing, in this case, anyone else shooting them.

Fun Fact: Look at your god damned surroundings. I heard it wins matches.

Anyways, back to the topic itself. Why bring back team damage? Well, other than its another incentive to say "be careful, someone else is trying to damage the target", it can also be used as an alert to lure out the... well... lets just say "special" people. In that way, those people will go blue and get their accounts suspended for being s bit too special. So two birds in one stone right? Shot blockers would be more careful about their god damned surroundings or the god awful subhuman players will get themselves suspended for abusing team damage.

TL;DR 

Stop blocking anyone elses shots and pay attention to who's trying to shoot. Who knows, maybe your greediness at stealing the damage will cost the match a loss for you and your team. If you are too greedy to get your little wn8 stolen from you, I suggest WG to take action and bring back team damage themselves.

So what sort of sophisticated writing can I put on here with this oh so fancy font?

Hmmm....

Link to my horrible, horrible stats: 

https://www.blitzsta...sia/LightninWar

Jumper919029291 #2 Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 2124 battles
  • [ROKGW]
Being a regular KV-2 driver, that sucks a lot. It's almost as if they are deliberately trying to troll their teammates, especially the ones with a long reload.

만국의 로동자여, 단결하라!

Workers of the world, unite!

NocturnZing #3 Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

Corporal

• 2724 battles
  • [NZ]

View PostLightninWar, on 15 April 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

I could not count how many losses I had due to a low IQ crackhead blocking my well aimed shots or much needed kill securing shots was blocked deliberately and undeliberately. People seem to give no attention to their surroundings so much so that even if someone can quickly build the most obvious landscape feature next to them, they still wont notice.

So how do we make the skrubs notice that someone else is trying to make a shot? By bringing back team damage. You see, when you dont punish a thing, the idiots (which make up at least 60-70% of the playerbase) would care less about the said thing, in this case, anyone else shooting them.

Fun Fact: Look at your god damned surroundings. I heard it wins matches.

Anyways, back to the topic itself. Why bring back team damage? Well, other than its another incentive to say "be careful, someone else is trying to damage the target", it can also be used as an alert to lure out the... well... lets just say "special" people. In that way, those people will go blue and get their accounts suspended for being s bit too special. So two birds in one stone right? Shot blockers would be more careful about their god damned surroundings or the god awful subhuman players will get themselves suspended for abusing team damage.

TL;DR 

Stop blocking anyone elses shots and pay attention to who's trying to shoot. Who knows, maybe your greediness at stealing the damage will cost the match a loss for you and your team. If you are too greedy to get your little wn8 stolen from you, I suggest WG to take action and bring back team damage themselves.

http://forum.wotblit...-normal-games/ 

​Friendly fire discussion already open and running. LOL if YOU were as aware of surroundings in forum as you demand of others, you would have noticed.

I had some dimwit called faulty94 troll me on this today. In a battle where I did max damage for team, he kept complaining abt how I apparently blocked his one shot. We were already 3:5 and he wants me to wait for him to take his shot?????

While I can understand the challenge of long load times, please remember that this is a team game, live with the fact that it is NOT the obligation of your team members to wait till u deign to take a shot, that makes teamwork. It is also NOT the obligation of a team member to keep looking at his back to see who is behind him. It IS a priority to look ahead at the Enemy in FRONT.

Teamwork requires that given the dynamic nature of a battle, whoever sees a enemy tank in range, has a clear shot, should take the shot, and that multiple targeting/shots to a enemy tank result in faster demise of that enemy.

If you are targeting a particular tank, I don't see why u cant call that target to the team and let them know, instead of demanding that others be constantly aware of your whims and fancies, and not shoot tanks they might/might not know you are targeting.

2OLD2CARE #4 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:13 PM

Sergeant

• 97933 battles
  • [FOTB]

Definite no to team damage - would be the worst thing since they removed it - with majority support

Jumper919029291 #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2124 battles
  • [ROKGW]
I want it back. Once those trolls get hit enough, they will stop blocking your shots.

만국의 로동자여, 단결하라!

2OLD2CARE #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

Sergeant

• 97933 battles
  • [FOTB]

View PostJumper919029291, on 16 April 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

I want it back. Once those trolls get hit enough, they will stop blocking your shots.

​No -  they wont learn from it at all - you have to be more flexible in your play style!!!

Jumper919029291 #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 2124 battles
  • [ROKGW]

View Post2OLD2CARE, on 16 April 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

​No -  they wont learn from it at all - you have to be more flexible in your play style!!!

There are people who deliberately "follow" your gun barrel trying to block your shot. They are rare, but are surely there.

만국의 로동자여, 단결하라!

Creighton_Abrams #8 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21724 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

I raised a similar topic about Friendly fire. It had been enabled before, but wasn't very popular. I sort of agree now with them. Other players, will from time to time block your shots... it's annoying but ... a fact of WOTB Life.

Perhaps WOTB could spin off a realism branch of the game, in which buildings, bridges, etc can get blown up, tanks kick up mud, leave tracks, destroy stuff that impedes other tanks, and ... can blow up other tanks regardless of team. (Also fantasy/protoype tanks would need to be excluded, and instead of Tiers, you'd have Year/Periods).

X

NocturnZing #9 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Corporal

• 2724 battles
  • [NZ]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 16 April 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

I raised a similar topic about Friendly fire. It had been enabled before, but wasn't very popular. I sort of agree now with them. Other players, will from time to time block your shots... it's annoying but ... a fact of WOTB Life.

Perhaps WOTB could spin off a realism branch of the game, in which buildings, bridges, etc can get blown up, tanks kick up mud, leave tracks, destroy stuff that impedes other tanks, and ... can blow up other tanks regardless of team. (Also fantasy/protoype tanks would need to be excluded, and instead of Tiers, you'd have Year/Periods).

​Imagine that - a realism branch where if ur tank dies, it dies permanently! you have to buy a new one and skill it up from scratch and everything, just like a real tank!

Jumper919029291 #10 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 2124 battles
  • [ROKGW]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 17 April 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

Then, you might want to take a look at WoT PC. Since the 1.0 update, destruction models have become much more realistic than before. The cars, fences, etc. do not just disappear in a smoke cloud anymore. They actually get crushed and logs fly around. Also, in WoT PC, there IS friendly fire, but do not misuse it, since if you continuousely damage teammates, your name will turn blue and your teammates can shoot you without penalty. If you continue the bad behavior, your account will be suspended. First, it is 1 hour. Then, it was 1 day. After that, a week. Then, 1 month, and finally a year. I have one of my alt accounts on a 1 year ban. About 9 months left to be able to log into WoT PC again...

만국의 로동자여, 단결하라!

AdmiralNam #11 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:56 AM

Corporal

• 12878 battles
  • [-TDK-]
To be honest , this friendly blocking thing doesn't bother me too much unless it is life threatening . Imagine this , you and that "idiot" is fighting a FV215b 183 . You take a shot , that idiot blocks it .Right at that moment the 183 also shoots at you...and guess what ? That idiot dies INSTEAD of you . Yeah that's why it's not that annoying to have your shots blocked . There is a price for anything

2OLD2CARE #12 Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:02 AM

Sergeant

• 97933 battles
  • [FOTB]

How many times are we blocking our team mates shots without being aware of it?

If someone is blocking my shot - I move

Was in a battle with an IS5 on a corner - every time I fired it was into the back of his head -he kept popping in and out  while reloading - hit him 3 times then left him to it - went around and hit enemy from rear

Jumper919029291 #13 Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2124 battles
  • [ROKGW]

View Post2OLD2CARE, on 17 April 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

How many times are we blocking our team mates shots without being aware of it?

If someone is blocking my shot - I move

Was in a battle with an IS5 on a corner - every time I fired it was into the back of his head -he kept popping in and out  while reloading - hit him 3 times then left him to it - went around and hit enemy from rear

What's the point of moving? There are dedicated trolls that do their best to block your shots. When I move, they follow me. Also. you might think that they will go away after an amount of time. Nope, they pick a target and harrass them forbthe entire game. When you get caught by one of those scumbags, that game is pretty much over for you.

만국의 로동자여, 단결하라!

maestr0_0 #14 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 30873 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostJumper919029291, on 17 April 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

Then, you might want to take a look at WoT PC. Since the 1.0 update, destruction models have become much more realistic than before. The cars, fences, etc. do not just disappear in a smoke cloud anymore. They actually get crushed and logs fly around. Also, in WoT PC, there IS friendly fire, but do not misuse it, since if you continuousely damage teammates, your name will turn blue and your teammates can shoot you without penalty. If you continue the bad behavior, your account will be suspended. First, it is 1 hour. Then, it was 1 day. After that, a week. Then, 1 month, and finally a year. I have one of my alt accounts on a 1 year ban. About 9 months left to be able to log into WoT PC again...

i am just curious..

i see in multiple threads, you are trying to convince players to have Friendly fire implemented.. and from the remarks "bold" above... are you the troll trying to shoot teammates just for fun and laugh it out? Because, knowing the friendly fire rules (WoTPC) and having 1 year ban in an ALTERNATE account just for that.. its either you are mentally ill or you are one of the troll trying to ruin other players game... 

Edited by maestr0_0, 17 April 2018 - 03:35 AM.

Jumper919029291 #15 Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2124 battles
  • [ROKGW]

View Postmaestr0_0, on 17 April 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

i am just curious..

i see in multiple threads, you are trying to convince players to have Friendly fire implemented.. and from the remarks "bold" above... are you the troll trying to shoot teammates just for fun and laugh it out? Because, knowing the friendly fire rules (WoTPC) and having 1 year ban in an ALTERNATE account just for that.. its either you are mentally ill or you are one of the troll trying to ruin other players game... 

No, I just went too excited with the artillery on PC. 

만국의 로동자여, 단결하라!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users