How to figure out why I am loosing so badly ?

WinRate LossRate. Analysis GamePlay Help

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

WoTBlitzPlayer #1 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

Sergeant

• 4837 battles

What's the best way to determine why you're on a loosing streak ?

And if it's your own game play, how to identify that, and fix it ?

Edited by WoTBlitzPlayer, 06 April 2018 - 12:27 PM.

Diamond114 #2 Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

Sometimes the MM just stacks tanks that are mediocre/ high skill cap tank against low skill cap tanks/ tanks that are good, mostly it`s poor decision making by individuals within the team, other times it`s just dumb luck (or bad luck for that matter). I just focused on doing my best even when I saw the team lineup I knew we would most likely lose.

Also some tanks when not fully upgraded will also give you a hard time and losing streaks because you are unable to contribute to the team in a tank that is actually capable of doing so when fully upgraded​; Jagdpanther with the 88mm L/56 (coming out of Flatpanzer), T29 with the 76mm (coming out of Jumbo; no longer an issue past 4.8), etc.

As for me identifying and fixing losing streak or etc, general rule of thumb is that when you have 3 or more loses in a row, you`re on a losing streak. 

How to fix that: Get A Break. Most likely you stumbled upon a bad time to be playing a particular Tier or tank or whatever. Don`t quote me on this, but sometimes when you play a certain time the MM was adamant you were not going to win, but you play at other certain time through the day the MM made you can`t stop winning (again, inconclusive evidence, don`t turn this into a conspiracy theory). Quit the game, play something else, get chow, or just take a break. Only come back when you truly feel refreshed and ready for another go. If you kept pressing on, you risk losing even more battles leading to a downward ​TILT​.

Also as you vary your playtime more and more, try and identify which time of the day and with what Tier you are winning the most by 3-5 games. For me in Japan Standard Time, for example, midday weekday seemed to be the best time playing Tier VII and VIII, some Tier VI as well. I also happen to have quite a success playing mid Tier (Tier V-VI) close to midnight in JST. 

Weekends are totally different ballgame, though. Best to roll with tanks you perform best in.

Another thing to note is what sort of decisions you made during matches. Were you perhaps taking too much unnecessary risks? Did you made a miscalculation? Did you predict wrong on how the teams would deploy or who you were expecting to meet in a certain part of the map, etc. If possible, re-evaluate EVERY match you took whether win or lose, what decisions you did right, what decisions you did wrong, how to not repeat the wrong calls, etc.

Sorry if I went overboard. Hope this helps.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Jumper919029291 #3 Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 5200 battles

I get losing streaks too. Usually, RNG sin't on my side. For instance, 2 out of 3 shots miss and the one I hit manages to do nothing but track damage. It would be ok if that was only for that game, but it happens the whole day. That day, your pretty much done with Blitz. Or, it may be unlucky matches, especially at low tiers. Every time, your team has people with very few games and 30% or so winrate while the enemy has 60% unicum platoons that come to sealclub. In those situation, no matter how hard you play, you'll see the enemy scores skyrocket. You've killed a few enemies, and suddenly the scores are 3:5. Also, there is this "feeling" when you are doing poorly, not RNG. Every battle you play, you end up with low damage or even 0 damage. For some strange reason, the controls seem uneasy and you don't remember what you should do in which kind of situation. This is a MMO game so expect everything. Anyway, thanks for reading my nonsense and good luck on the battlefield!

P.S. If the enemy has a platoon of Draculas/Helsings/Type 62s/T-54 mod. 1s(pretty much the filthiest one of them all), you will probobly lose, unless your team is full of unicums.

Edited by Jumper919029291, 06 April 2018 - 01:56 PM.

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!

anonym_jxzGgRxZt3Fr #4 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:10 PM

Corporal

• 0 battles

View PostWoTBlitzPlayer, on 06 April 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

Compare the things you're doing, how you're feeling, and your motivation to play the game with when you weren't on a losing streak. Maybe you we're in a bad mood before you started playing, maybe you aren't into playing the game so you lose focus, or maybe you're just playing differently this time.

You could be focusing too much on your losses too. When you lose, try not to think about it and just try to do better next time. Think about the things YOU did wrong and never think of your teammates mistakes. You can control the former and not the latter so there's no point in dwelling on your teammates mistakes.

What I do is recall what things I did that led to my loss, again not pinning it to my teammates. For example, when I'm a heavy tank, I take damage and die eventually. I think about the things I could've done for those things to not happen. Maybe I could've hid behind a nearby rock instead of just trading shots, maybe I could've moved near a building to sidescrape, etc. I "tag" the good and bad things and work around them on the next game. Change the bad things you did and keep doing the good things. Eventually you'll iron out the bad stuff and your WR will improve eventually.

Of course, there's more to it than this but hopefully you get the gist of it.

Gandalf__Greyhame #5 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

You guys lose coz you are all noobs . I am sick of carrying noobs .

User was already sanctioned.

~ teysanook

Edited by teysanook, 18 April 2018 - 02:17 PM.

Strangely_brown #6 Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:02 AM

Sergeant

• 44015 battles
  • [CATS]
When I lose I find it easiest to just blame the team. It keeps your ego intact. :)

Esh111 #7 Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:52 AM

Private

• 52 battles

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 06 April 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

You guys lose coz you are all noobs . I am sick of carrying noobs .

I agree. you are all noobs . Why I has to carry you? :izmena:

User was already warned.

~ teysanook

Edited by teysanook, 18 April 2018 - 02:16 PM.

2OLD2CARE #8 Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 131762 battles
  • [FOTB]

I used to always go alone - told off many times - so changed - but have found the following applies

Go the other way - die quick/slow - team loses or wins

Go with team - die quick/slow - team loses or wins

Is there a subtle difference that I cant see???

anthonylei01 #9 Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:48 AM

Captain

• 16170 battles
  • [YOYO_]

View PostWoTBlitzPlayer, on 06 April 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

use this web site

https://www.blitzsta.../WoTBlitzPlayer

and how it fix it? well, it is simple, don't use your emotion to play, use your brain instead. Think about why you keep making the same mistakes over and over again, how to do damages without taking any in return, how to play the tank to its strength.

WoTBlitzPlayer #10 Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:53 AM

Sergeant

• 4837 battles

When on a loosing streak I do try to avoid getting hot under the collar as that would definitely distract focus from the game. Though I find during a loosing streak shots that would normally pen, do nothing, maybe playing the same Tank again and again leads to this situation arising, some games I can take down 6 players other times 0, I've even mastered the tank, an SU-100Y... but sometimes, the games just keep being lost....

One thing that's missing is an after game reply function. Perhaps even from alternative perspectives, that would certainly allow for better inspection as to what went wrong.

Gandalf__Greyhame #11 Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

View PostEsh111, on 07 April 2018 - 01:52 AM, said:

I agree. you are all noobs . Why I has to carry you? :izmena:

Meh .... 

Freelancer_Tesla #12 Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:11 AM

Sergeant

• 22121 battles
  • [MAS]

View PostWoTBlitzPlayer, on 06 April 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

1) Try to avoid playing one weekends unless you want to carry like crazy. The teams are really dumb especially in the afternoons and evenings.

2) BlitzStars has a nice summary of player stats, go check it out and see which tanks you're playing badly.

Frequents higher tiers, because I hate tractors armed with high-caliber rifles.

SU-122-54 goes pew-pew-pew.

NocturnZing #13 Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Sergeant

• 6979 battles
  • [NZ]

Go easy on yourself for one, there are tons of things in gameplay beyond your individual control. Having a look see at the blitzstars sits is a very good suggestion already given above, use that.

I have seen several lost battles where my team had 2 AFKs which I cant control. I have been on teams with unbalanced MMs,  team has 5 TDs and only 2 LTs  - and the LTs want to go solo against enemy 5 LTs and are wiped in seconds, and then the enemy LTs circle of dead our 5 TDs. I have seen folks rushing off cliffs and self dmg themselves more than the enemy did. Just too many variables. There are stock tanks that are just terrrribleeee, yet they show up as top tiered tanks in the team. Ce la Vie!

Start looking at the in-game detailed battle review well, not just the win lose summary

Go look at the detailed tab -  see ur hits/pen ratio, are u trying to target way too strong a tank with lil to no dmg to it?

Go to the efficiency tab under the detailed section -  which tanks modules can u easily dmg shooting at the spots u usually target? 

If you find someone has played well on your team, do reach out to them, and maybe they are in a sharing mood to show u some tips and tricks.

I started looking at the details of the players on the other team when I lost at tier3/4, and sometimes I see the other team packed with players with 30000 battles and above . That is one tough team to beat ;) . They usually have more elite points to crew skill, more spare parts to gear up, and a better understanding of hides on the map ;) they will deny that veterans have any advantage of course ;)

I raked myself over coals as a newbie player for losing streaks, till I finally realized, there is only so much I can do - I stopped obsessing over WR, and started focussing on my dmg ratio, and my kill ratio, and realized I'm getting better already. I'm no unicum, but I rest easy knowing I made a dent ;)

Edited by NocturnZing, 08 April 2018 - 05:27 PM.

Gandalf__Greyhame #14 Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 224 battles
  • [SHLRE]

I ate too much food . feeling totally stuffed . :(

User was already sanctioned.

~ teysanook

Edited by teysanook, 18 April 2018 - 02:14 PM.

WOT_Losers #15 Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

Corporal

• 9865 battles
  • [TGF]

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 08 April 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I ate too much food . feeling totally stuffed . :(

​lol can someone pls get this irrelevant post deleted. I don't care that he is stuffed from having too long a thing up his posterior. :bush:

Also tagged with WinRate, LossRate., Analysis, GamePlay, Help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users