SP I C

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jumper919029291 #1 Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 5240 battles
Hi. I'm thinking about grinding some light tanks and I'm keeping in mind the SP I C. However, I heard that it recently got nerfed hard. Do you think that it is still worth grinding? I still see a lot of them on the battlefield(also ram killed a lot of them with my trusty E 25).

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!

Diamond114 #2 Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

Captain

• 16481 battles
  • [408]

Several piece of advice:

- Don't brawl openly especially with heavies. Shoot and scoot from their flanks as much as you can. This thing plays more like a mobile, turretted TD than a true light tank.

- Form wolfpacks with other meds or lights

- Ditch the autoloader. That's the one that was nerfed hard. Use the single-shot version of the Mecar gun instead for more consistent DPM

- Know where to shoot and pen. 160mm pen at Tier VII isn't too bad considering it's a light tank.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Jumper919029291 #3 Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 5240 battles

View PostDiamond114, on 03 April 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Several piece of advice:

- Don't brawl openly especially with heavies. Shoot and scoot from their flanks as much as you can. This thing plays more like a mobile, turretted TD than a true light tank.

- Form wolfpacks with other meds or lights

- Ditch the autoloader. That's the one that was nerfed hard. Use the single-shot version of the Mecar gun instead for more consistent DPM

- Know where to shoot and pen. 160mm pen at Tier VII isn't too bad considering it's a light tank.

Thanks a lot. As far as the pen goes, I'm not that concerned, since the E 25 used to have the same 160mm and the IS also has only 175mm. Also, prammo is there for a reason.

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #4 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:44 AM

Captain

• 28510 battles
  • [ACT-1]
I love the autoloader. Flank, shoot twice, and run. Be a sneaki cheeki guy

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

erwin10001 #5 Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:09 AM

Captain

• 45841 battles
  • [NETS]

I watched Martin Dogger's review [ http://forum.wotblit...ter-carry-game/ ]  and played a few more Sp1C games to bring it up to 100 games. I agree with Martin Dogger that:

(1) Sp1C is one of the worst tier 7 tanks (i think he may have been a bit diplomatic...)

(2) The autoloader is better than the single shot guns

Because its a HE magnet, you can't engage in any kind of brawl of DPM trading/bouncing with this tank. At least VK16.02 leo could occasionally bounce shots off its angled front armor. So all you can do in this tank is to drive around trying to spot and distract the enemy, and occasionally kill wounded tanks. This also means that small maps put you at a huge disdavantage since there's always a camper ready to HE you.

My stats show that its a tank that does very low damage per battle, worse than most tier 6 tanks and even some tier 5 tanks. Its very hard to carry in this tank, because you can't brawl , and there is a time limit.. resulting in a few draws when I end up 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 against heavies with large hp pools. Shoot-reset camo-relocate-shoot is just too time consuming and I run out of time...

XF1_Razer #6 Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:39 AM

Sergeant

• 14248 battles
  • [DARTH]

View Posterwin10001, on 28 June 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

I watched Martin Dogger's review [ http://forum.wotblit...ter-carry-game/ ]  and played a few more Sp1C games to bring it up to 100 games. I agree with Martin Dogger that:

(1) Sp1C is one of the worst tier 7 tanks (i think he may have been a bit diplomatic...)

(2) The autoloader is better than the single shot guns

Because its a HE magnet, you can't engage in any kind of brawl of DPM trading/bouncing with this tank. At least VK16.02 leo could occasionally bounce shots off its angled front armor. So all you can do in this tank is to drive around trying to spot and distract the enemy, and occasionally kill wounded tanks. This also means that small maps put you at a huge disdavantage since there's always a camper ready to HE you.

My stats show that its a tank that does very low damage per battle, worse than most tier 6 tanks and even some tier 5 tanks. Its very hard to carry in this tank, because you can't brawl , and there is a time limit.. resulting in a few draws when I end up 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 against heavies with large hp pools. Shoot-reset camo-relocate-shoot is just too time consuming and I run out of time...

It was amazing back when I used it. It’s fun and can annoy the hell out of your enemies.

your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer 

terrythefrog #7 Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

Private

• 4284 battles
  • [SGSG]
I still keep this tank even tho I have the Ru 251 already, this thing is really really good, or it is just s***. Depends on how good the other team is and what tanks they have. The tanks to beware of are : kv2, su 152, isu 152, t49. This thing isn’t made to spot, what u gotta do is hope the enemy clumps into a pile on one side o the map then flank. I guess flank and boom twice with auto loader then move or stay if 1.u can still shoot, 2. There is another tank comin. I have two masterys in this thing both 3k over damage. One thing that’s is horrible is it’s armour. 1 cm lol. U can punch it and pen

No_Life_boy #8 Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:18 AM

Corporal

• 25768 battles
  • [UFD-1]

View PostJumper919029291, on 02 April 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Hi. I'm thinking about grinding some light tanks and I'm keeping in mind the SP I C. However, I heard that it recently got nerfed hard. Do you think that it is still worth grinding? I still see a lot of them on the battlefield(also ram killed a lot of them with my trusty E 25).

i have several tips

- dont use the autoloader. even if it has more DMG, the penetration and shell velocity is significantly worse than the single shot 90mm so i use that. 

- armor makes it one of the worst in the game, use gun depression as advantage to peek out and shoot enemy tracks and other weakspots

- HEAT rounds are not that great.

- scouting is key. as soon as you do, flex and provide fire support

- relocate after firing a couple rounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users