Lets Talk: Sherman 5

series sherman lets talk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Lets Talk: Sherman 5 (4 members have cast votes)

Does this tank...

1. Buff (3 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Nerf (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. It is just right (1 vote [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

JuckslasherZ #1 Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:01 AM

Sergeant

• 13054 battles
  • [MEMEB]

I thought I should start a post series by talking about certain tanks and talking about it A. Being Op or B. Being crap/needs a buff/better module. Also feel free to share your opinion on the tank and argue with me with your against my opinion, though do remember it's just my opinion at the end of the day. This Is not always talking about tanks and can include maps, events, offers Etc...

This section ^ of information will be in all Lets Talk posts of mine. P.s. Let me know if you like this kind of thing and if you have any suggestions shoot them right at me.

Lets Talk: Sherman 5.

This tank in my opinion is rather underwhelming with its bottom gun being the best gun for the tank, It was mediocre armour and not even a quick speed to balance the lack of armour. When you click on the gun that is just before getting the Sherman firefly you realize in the stat menu it only shows red meaning it is outright a worse gun with no real up sides besides a slightly better alpha damage. The sherman 5 compared to many other tier 5 tanks is really underwhelming especially since it show it as a major upgrade from the valentine in Speed, Protection and Firepower. But really this tank should really be either a tier 4 or needs at least one buff or one need module being a better gun since the starter gun is really the best option for that tank which says something to me.

Wishlist: Oceania Server

100 variants of the T-34-85

The_Gaffer #2 Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:59 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]
I found it to be like most tier 5 mediums. I rate the M4 higher because of the gun depression but the Sherman V seems fine to me. I did not like the Firefly though. I think that has perhaps more of a case for a buff but these things are subjective.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

Diamond114 #3 Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

I do agree that the mobility and firepower is somewhat lacking, particularly compared to its original US Tier V brother. The 75mm needs buff in ROF and perhaps slight buff in pen. Otherwise with the 6 pounder it`s like a taller, slower T-34/57 with better gun depression.

Firefly on the other hand doesn`t have a problem with the gun so far apart from gun depression. Gosh darn awful for a Sherman IMO, so don`t play hills like you usually do with Shermans. Also the thing is still slow-ish, so plan your moves accordingly.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Neb10k #4 Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:48 AM

Captain

• 60925 battles
  • [KR0N0]
I found the Sherman V to be really underpowered.

Firefly was great but different to other Sherman’s. More like tier IV T-28. Great gun, no armor, but mobile.

Also tagged with series, sherman, lets, talk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users