Jump to content


How close can you get ?


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Esh11 #1 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37482 battles
  • 979
  • [NO0BS]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015
Is there something to learn after playing more than 30k battles  ? Oh yeh . I never realized how close one can get in a light tank . I have been playing the T54 ltwt these days and it has been real fun . I was amazed by the camo rating .In the pic below I am 130m away from a Patton which I believe has 265 m view range . Plus if he has optics , premium supplies and stuff view range will be further increased . I was amazed that he could not spot me from that much distance . That is like less than half his view range . There were other tanks which drove even closer in the 120 or possibly even in the 110's and I was still not spotted . They had 3  or 4 tanks in the cave and none could spot me . They used to come out , their light bulb would go on and they would move back . After this happened a few times and no one shot at them , eventually they moved to the next pillar in the caves . I was only spotted when I eventually fired a shot before moving away . I have done this on winter malinovka in the river as well . There are bushes on top of small mounds on both sides . If you get there and set up your tank there you will not be spotted until they get very very close . The biggest challenge is to have the patience to hold fire and hope your team mates are actually doing something about all the spotted tanks .

Attached Files

  • Attached File   aq.jpg   210.64K

Edited by Esh11, 12 March 2018 - 02:45 PM.

                   PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

 

                                                                 

  


Rebirth_39 #2 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 29120 battles
  • 141
  • [CATS]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2015
camo is broken on t54 lt it seems lol

Esh11 #3 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37482 battles
  • 979
  • [NO0BS]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015

View PostRebirth_39, on 12 March 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

camo is broken on t54 lt it seems lol

 

I don't know  . I haven't got any other light tanks in the garage to compare but I was amazed that i am not spotted from so close . Previously I thought camo and stuff cuts view range by maybe 15 - 20 % but here I am able to cut their view range to less than 50% .

                   PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

 

                                                                 

  


azithro2 #4 Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:29 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 258 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View PostEsh11, on 12 March 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Is there something to learn after playing more than 30k battles  ? Oh yeh . I never realized how close one can get in a light tank . I have been playing the T54 ltwt these days and it has been real fun . I was amazed by the camo rating .In the pic below I am 130m away from a Patton which I believe has 265 m view range . Plus if he has optics , premium supplies and stuff view range will be further increased . I was amazed that he could not spot me from that much distance . That is like less than half his view range . There were other tanks which drove even closer in the 120 or possibly even in the 110's and I was still not spotted . They had 3  or 4 tanks in the cave and none could spot me . They used to come out , their light bulb would go on and they would move back . After this happened a few times and no one shot at them , eventually they moved to the next pillar in the caves . I was only spotted when I eventually fired a shot before moving away . I have done this on winter malinovka in the river as well . There are bushes on top of small mounds on both sides . If you get there and set up your tank there you will not be spotted until they get very very close . The biggest challenge is to have the patience to hold fire and hope your team mates are actually doing something about all the spotted tanks .

 

Are you sure it is typical for the T54, or have you perhaps only explored Camo versus view range in this tank? As I understand it, (or more like DO NOT fully understand it), Camo rating overrules view range (of other thanks)... that's why you stay invisible "until then". Unfortunately the only indication the game gives you is when you are spotted. It does not tell you if you are unspotted. You can tell, but strangely you are never sure. A bit like the dark web of this game. Watching Bushka lately, he is like fully obsessed with Camo LOL. But although he is close to getting it right, he overdoes it a bit with his own theories about "resetting camo".. Because clearly, when he thinks he had "reset his camo" he get these 400 damage shots up the pooper  :P This is still a domain of mystery... or RNG... in a way or another, something is either very fishy or slightly buggy about Camo versus view range... 

2OLD2CARE #5 Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:41 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 111559 battles
  • 321
  • [FOTB]
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016
I am certain my Camo does not work!!!!

Diamond114 #6 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:01 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16064 battles
  • 2,145
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
Was once in a bush at Dead Rail, south spawn in the SU-100M1. A Chi-Ri passed within 150m or so but I had camo and Camo Net, didn't move a muscle, and was behind a bush so Cheery didn't spot me allowing me to paste his back once he get involved with my team's flank down the map center

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


Esh11 #7 Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:02 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37482 battles
  • 979
  • [NO0BS]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015

View Postazithro2, on 13 March 2018 - 02:29 AM, said:

 

Are you sure it is typical for the T54, or have you perhaps only explored Camo versus view range in this tank? As I understand it, (or more like DO NOT fully understand it), Camo rating overrules view range (of other thanks)... that's why you stay invisible "until then". Unfortunately the only indication the game gives you is when you are spotted. It does not tell you if you are unspotted. You can tell, but strangely you are never sure. A bit like the dark web of this game. Watching Bushka lately, he is like fully obsessed with Camo LOL. But although he is close to getting it right, he overdoes it a bit with his own theories about "resetting camo".. Because clearly, when he thinks he had "reset his camo" he get these 400 damage shots up the pooper  :P This is still a domain of mystery... or RNG... in a way or another, something is either very fishy or slightly buggy about Camo versus view range... 

 

Just to clarify I am not in T54 , rather in T54 ltwt . I don't know the figures but I expect a massive difference in the camo rating of the two tanks . Anyway my T54 ltwt is fully pimped up . Now I have tried to search for exact camo values but I only could find calculators for PC and I couldn't really get that working as well . Anyway here is what I know . Let us say that Patton has a base view range of 265m . If he has optics , rations etc then this view range will increase . So he probably has a view range of 275 -280m . Now my T54 ltwt has a base camo value ( Would be nice to know in meters exactly how much this is )  . So this base camo value will be deducted from his view range . Hypothetical eg. if my base camo value gives me 30 meters then he will only be able to spot me from 250m even though his actual view range is 280m . Now things which further increase my camo : 

1. Camo paint 3%

2. Camo net 10%

3.  Bush ? %

4. Double rations ? %

5. Level 7 camo skill : A whopping 21%

All this adds up to further decrease his view range . If I am properly behind a bush I am not spotted until people get close to 110m . So my camo basically reduces their view range by 60% which is massive .


                   PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

 

                                                                 

  


xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #8 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:12 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 18816 battles
  • 2,907
  • [ACT-1]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013
pattons observer doesnt have line of sight towards you. thats why

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

 

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

 

 


Esh11 #9 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:16 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37482 battles
  • 979
  • [NO0BS]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015

View PostxXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, on 13 March 2018 - 07:12 AM, said:

pattons observer doesnt have line of sight towards you. thats why

 

What you mean by that ?

                   PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

 

                                                                 

  


Esh11 #10 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:18 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37482 battles
  • 979
  • [NO0BS]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015

View PostDiamond114, on 13 March 2018 - 03:01 AM, said:

Was once in a bush at Dead Rail, south spawn in the SU-100M1. A Chi-Ri passed within 150m or so but I had camo and Camo Net, didn't move a muscle, and was behind a bush so Cheery didn't spot me allowing me to paste his back once he get involved with my team's flank down the map center

 

What is the level of your camo skill ?

                   PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

 

                                                                 

  


fjvhk #11 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:41 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 29295 battles
  • 212
  • [ARMD]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2015

Looks like you are in cover of the bush which will block line of sight based spotting. As long as you dont fire or poke out of the bush you should only get proximity spotted.

 

Observers line of sight - each tank has several observation points from which the line of sight calculations are made. 



Esh11 #12 Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37482 battles
  • 979
  • [NO0BS]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015

View Postfjvhk, on 13 March 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

Looks like you are in cover of the bush which will block line of sight based spotting. As long as you dont fire or poke out of the bush you should only get proximity spotted.

 

Observers line of sight - each tank has several observation  from which the line of sight calculations are made. 

 

The Patton had moved from the pillar on the right to the position seen in the pic . The whole tank had moved in front of me . I am behind a bush . I do not think a bush blocks line of sight . Only hard cover like a rock or building blocks line of sight . A bush only adds to my camo ( 5% , 10 % , 15 % ? ) . A bush will basically function in the same way as a camo net . 

                   PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

 

                                                                 

  


codingum #13 Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:46 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 88 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    01-02-2017

View PostxXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, on 13 March 2018 - 07:12 AM, said:

pattons observer doesnt have line of sight towards you. thats why

 

View PostEsh11, on 13 March 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

 

What you mean by that ?

 

Observer line means observing sensors, he was looking other side and you were behind him also inn bush that's why you were unspotted. If he move back in open area then he can spot you. It's my opinion that i think.

Nova_Spirit #14 Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7992 battles
  • 251
  • [SEAL]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2017
It's because the M46 Patton's turret wasn't facing at your side, so unless you get within 50 meters, he is not unable to spot you.

Esh11 #15 Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:28 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37482 battles
  • 979
  • [NO0BS]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015

View PostNova_Spirit, on 13 March 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

It's because the M46 Patton's turret wasn't facing at your side, so unless you get within 50 meters, he is not unable to spot you.

 

It doesn't matter which way turret is facing .

                   PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

 

                                                                 

  


Esh11 #16 Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:36 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37482 battles
  • 979
  • [NO0BS]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015
I am behind the bush . Looking straight at the bush . Still not spotted .

                   PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

 

                                                                 

  


Esh11 #17 Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:40 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37482 battles
  • 979
  • [NO0BS]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015
Su 100Y  , 100% crew skill ( premium tank ) , No optics , No rations , Stock view range 240 m . Looking straight ahead , finally spots the T54 ltwt . So I could cut the view range from 240 to 61 , 62 m . That is a reduction of 180m in his view range . So if the Patton had a view range with optics around 280m , He is only going to spot me at 100 m .

Edited by Esh11, 13 March 2018 - 11:45 AM.

                   PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

 

                                                                 

  


xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #18 Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:53 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 18816 battles
  • 2,907
  • [ACT-1]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013
inside the bush is the same as outside the bush. you have to be a bit behind to not get spotted.

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

 

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

 

 


xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #19 Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 18816 battles
  • 2,907
  • [ACT-1]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013

View PostEsh11, on 13 March 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

 

It doesn't matter which way turret is facing .

 

it sort of does. depending on the cupolas position. 

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

 

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

 

 


Cugologist #20 Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 23178 battles
  • 148
  • [DERPU]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2017

My first mastery in the electric biscuit was based largely on camo abuse so severe that 'abuse' is nowhere near a strong enough word for it.

 

The ELC has amazing camo, but a not so great gun and view range is meh. But I've sat within 100m of red tanks, spotted them up from behind a bush, backed up to put a few metres between me and the bush and fired shot after shot without being spotted. There have been a couple of battles I've been in where I don't think I was spotted for the entire match which also means I didn't get dead and we didn't lose the battle either.

 

It would be nice to have some idea of how much camo these tanks actually have. I only know the ELC continues to amaze me with how well it's able to hide.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users