a bit about supremacy and spare parts

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Rebirth_39 #1 Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:00 AM

Sergeant

• 29120 battles
  • [CATS]

now i know that both of these are a part of controversial topics, which makes wonder why supremacy and spare parts are hated so much.

first things first, imo supremacy is a nice game mode where strategy can be involved and forces people to not camp if they want to win so much,

And i dont understand why people before 3.8 gives so many excuses with having not enough spare parts?? Like we all knew spare parts was gona be tough but wg was nice enough to convert all the equipments we had on our tanks to spare parts. By the time 3.8 came, i had over 1 million spare parts, of which now i have 1.5 mill spare parts now. Sadly i cant say the same for newer players and i do feel that spare parts is very hard to get, but I feel that older players don'r have any excuses if they run out of spare parts

Edited by Rebirth_39, 12 March 2018 - 11:01 AM.

2OLD2CARE #2 Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 111559 battles
  • [FOTB]

currently have 4 .5 mill of spare parts so agree with you

enjoy both supremacy and encounter battles

so I must be strange then

Esh11 #3 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• 37482 battles
  • [NO0BS]
People love to complain and find excuses . When supremacy initially came people din't like it . A lot of them said we will just turn it off . Credit for giving importance to Supremacy and showing the community how awesome it can be goes to Legion , RA1D and all the clans from EU who used it first for their tournament . Remember this was after the first twister cup in which there was no supremacy mode and was played in regular battle mode . You saw real team strategy for the first time . You saw how a good leader who can read the game situation and react in the best possible way is the ultimate deciding factor in clan wars . You heard things like one cap and two cap strat for the first time . Till date that is the best tournament i have seen in blitz . The camera work , the commentary all was brilliant . WG should have just hired those guys to organize the twister cup . Great respect for Tomas , R1b and others for doing this . They showed the real potential of supremacy . The next twister cup and all official tournaments thereafter have been exclusively in Supremacy . However people still love to complain and be crybabies . In one other thread I had commented that i will play only supremacy in the next update as we will have the option to turn off regular mode . One guy replied back saying that if you play only Supremacy you will never learn anything . Its coz people still think of Supremacy as the other non-serious mode . People complain about game becoming campy due to 183 . Okay then play Supremacy only . A camping 183 at back is lot less effective in Supremacy . Fast lights and mediums can be much more useful in Supremacy . A single light tank can win against  3 or 4 heavies simply by capping and running away . Supremacy is a much better game more than regular . Now coming to spare parts . Again people just love to complain . Missing a few equipment slots doesn't mean your tank is suddenly unplayable . Anyone who complains about spare parts is just a cry baby .

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

Diamond114 #4 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Captain

• 16064 battles
  • [408]

On one hand, I think Supremacy is a fun shake-up, especially since Encounter has basically turned into Team Deathmatch these days. And since it`s not necessarily which individual has the better tank, and it`s the more objective-aware team and team effort in general that wins the match, it is always fun to win a match just because you capped all the flags while the enemy team went "no cap kill all" mode and either you end up the last tank surviving when the point counter hits 1000 or you end up being the last tank killed but again, counter is over 1000 when you got killed so you won anyways.

On the other hand, the hate against Supremacy is justifiable given the playerbase only wants one thing: BLOW TANKS UP. I don`t hate Supremacy myself, but what I said above also comes around and infuriates me like no one`s business when it`s my team that went "no cap kill all" mode and either disregard the objective completely or whined in chat when I helped cap as much as possible at the cost of said whiners dying doing a holding action.

Spare Part issue, again, as Rebirth have mentioned, all old Equipment that we had on when the new system comes around is reimbursed with boatload of Spare Parts. I personally had 2.5 mil Spare Parts when the new system started, it`s about how you manage them. I personally keep a 200k Spart reserve, it helps with keeping the mindset of not spending all my Sparts in one go.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #5 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:31 PM

Captain

• 16064 battles
  • [408]
As far as equipping tanks are concerned, my reccommendation is to go for the Tier I slots and Improved Control on Tier II as the absolute minimum, the latter particularly for heavy tanks and TDs. From there you can add as you need. Premium tanks and tanks you`re comfortable in are also prime candidates for further slot unlocks as you wanted, in my case I generally stop after unlocking the Vertical Stabilizer because the other two Tier III slot while useful are more passive and doesn`t change how the tank actually fights.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Rebirth_39 #6 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

Sergeant

• 29120 battles
  • [CATS]

View PostDiamond114, on 12 March 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

As far as equipping tanks are concerned, my reccommendation is to go for the Tier I slots and Improved Control on Tier II as the absolute minimum, the latter particularly for heavy tanks and TDs. From there you can add as you need. Premium tanks and tanks you`re comfortable in are also prime candidates for further slot unlocks as you wanted, in my case I generally stop after unlocking the Vertical Stabilizer because the other two Tier III slot while useful are more passive and doesn`t change how the tank actually fights.

ye tier 1 equipment is always a must as they are by far the most important, and generally also stop at vstabs too. fortunately tier 1 eqiup uses credits so no issues there, the waiting time is horrible but like most people would say, skills matter most, and most importantly a good crew to remain competitive but thats just part of the grind

anthonylei01 #7 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

Captain

• 15890 battles
  • [CPVA]

I am still playing catch up, a lot of my high tier tanks are still not fully equipped yet!

Esh11 #8 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 37482 battles
  • [NO0BS]
Spare parts are a problem only for people who play lots of different tanks . I got more than 2 million unused spare parts . I am not interested in grinding any new tanks from the current lines .  I only play 4 or 5 tanks regularly so have only fully equipped them . I just play the tanks I like and accumulate free xp for when the Japanese heavies come .I haven't bothered with the other tanks since I almost never play them . I mean certain tanks I got so bored that I sold them . If you can believe me , then tanks which I have sold include some of the biggest premium tanks including Is3 Defender, Dracula , E25 and Pz 4 Schmalturm  . Yeh I have sold off defender and drac :amazed: 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY     

f1reguy #9 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

Sergeant

• 32190 battles
  • [1914]

If they shorten the clock on encounter the encounter game mode would have options for capping and protection, trying to cap in a 7 min skirmish where the cap process can allow a t95 to drive from the farthest part of the map to view range (or cap circle) makes capping impossible above tier 4 so essentially it’s kill all reds as fast as you can play. The flag cap is just a stat padding option for the slow tank while the last red is found and destroyed, and I guess also spotting the guy if he avoids the greens in the sweep. 

Bring on on free for all, or four two person team mode. 

Ronnel_999 #10 Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

Sergeant

• 22047 battles
  • [BOOM2]

For me I only turn supremacy on when there is a mission that I have to complete. I think it's just harder and needs a bit more skill, cunning and must be blessed with teammates who understand the tanks composition on both teams and where these tanks would probably be taking position. I am not a skilled player and having to run around and using extra brain cells sometimes is too much for an old man, lol :)  Though I don't like it much, some of my best games were in supremacy.. The biggest reason why I don't play supremacy often is maybe because of my old background in the service. I know that this is only a game, but I still want to pretend that it's real combat (just like the good ole days..), and there is no supremacy from back where I came from. No capturing of flags and doing the run-around because sometimes in supremacy that capturing base is a priority even when someone is shooting you from behind and that we have to run and secure another base than retaliating back. I just feel that it's so arcade like and since I play/pretend for some realism, I just play the normal battle more. With this said, I also don't like fantasy tanks and blue print tanks that have never seen real combat so I tend to play in lower tiers more. I'm like an old man playing Barbie who needs some realism (proper shoes, proper dress, nice hairstyle... must also have some utensils and makeup for added realism), hahaha!

About spare parts, this for me again is very dodgy because I always have this question in my mind why the tanker needs to pay/grind for equipments, camo and ammo??? Going back to realism, I never payed for my gear back then and all was supplied to us. The one thing that clicks to me most is paying for rations.. It's like sending a soldier to war without food and that he has to pay for his own food so that he can go to war for his motherland. In reality, hungry soldier wont function well and if he has to use his own money just to eat then surely he may go AWOL or maybe even go work for the enemy as a spy. Sometimes when I see an AFK teammate, I just think that he went AWOL because he is hungry and wont spend his own money just to buy his own rations, lol! I do enjoy this game but sometimes I just can't control myself wondering why will a soldier fight with low class equipment and pay for his food and ammo?? But since this is a game, I just go with the flow and enjoy shooting at something. 

Most of my tanks have up to 7th or 8th equipment slot open because I play a lot and I don't grind much for higher tier tanks. If we play a lot, spare parts comes in naturally. Daily free chest also helps a lot. 

Edited by Ronnel_999, 12 March 2018 - 08:48 PM.

The_Gaffer #11 Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:19 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostRonnel_999, on 13 March 2018 - 06:45 AM, said:

For me I only turn supremacy on when there is a mission that I have to complete. I think it's just harder and needs a bit more skill, cunning and must be blessed with teammates who understand the tanks composition on both teams and where these tanks would probably be taking position. I am not a skilled player and having to run around and using extra brain cells sometimes is too much for an old man, lol :)  Though I don't like it much, some of my best games were in supremacy.. The biggest reason why I don't play supremacy often is maybe because of my old background in the service. I know that this is only a game, but I still want to pretend that it's real combat (just like the good ole days..), and there is no supremacy from back where I came from. No capturing of flags and doing the run-around because sometimes in supremacy that capturing base is a priority even when someone is shooting you from behind and that we have to run and secure another base than retaliating back. I just feel that it's so arcade like and since I play/pretend for some realism, I just play the normal battle more. With this said, I also don't like fantasy tanks and blue print tanks that have never seen real combat so I tend to play in lower tiers more. I'm like an old man playing Barbie who needs some realism (proper shoes, proper dress, nice hairstyle... must also have some utensils and makeup for added realism), hahaha!

About spare parts, this for me again is very dodgy because I always have this question in my mind why the tanker needs to pay/grind for equipments, camo and ammo??? Going back to realism, I never payed for my gear back then and all was supplied to us. The one thing that clicks to me most is paying for rations.. It's like sending a soldier to war without food and that he has to pay for his own food so that he can go to war for his motherland. In reality, hungry soldier wont function well and if he has to use his own money just to eat then surely he may go AWOL or maybe even go work for the enemy as a spy. Sometimes when I see an AFK teammate, I just think that he went AWOL because he is hungry and wont spend his own money just to buy his own rations, lol! I do enjoy this game but sometimes I just can't control myself wondering why will a soldier fight with low class equipment and pay for his food and ammo?? But since this is a game, I just go with the flow and enjoy shooting at something. 

Most of my tanks have up to 7th or 8th equipment slot open because I play a lot and I don't grind much for higher tier tanks. If we play a lot, spare parts comes in naturally. Daily free chest also helps a lot. 

With you on every count, Ronnel.

I don't play much anymore but, when I do, I want to play casual - just drive around and shoot at things, not cap bases. My preference is still tier 5 - fast pace, heaps of fun tanks to play and no fantasy tanks. If you are playing tier 5, you will always be lower tier in a Supremacy battle - who likes that? So, my Supremacy is only on for Supremacy missions, if I don't skip them (I usually do) and for Supremacy missions I typically use a tier 6+ tank.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

Ronnel_999 #12 Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:26 AM

Sergeant

• 22047 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostGandalf_Greyhame, on 13 March 2018 - 01:19 AM, said:

With you on every count, Ronnel.

I don't play much anymore but, when I do, I want to play casual - just drive around and shoot at things, not cap bases. My preference is still tier 5 - fast pace, heaps of fun tanks to play and no fantasy tanks. If you are playing tier 5, you will always be lower tier in a Supremacy battle - who likes that? So, my Supremacy is only on for Supremacy missions, if I don't skip them (I usually do) and for Supremacy missions I typically use a tier 6+ tank.

Idol!! Nice to know that you are back!

Recently I haven't been playing much like before. Too much blessing from MM.. I have lots of screenshots where I got top damage and still lost.. It just keeps on continuing to the point that it's unbearable so I'm playing other games more now. 
Yes you are right. I also noticed that if I'm using tier 5 for supremacy that I always be on the bottom tier. I thought I was the only one but since you have said it, from now on I wont be using tier 5 for supremacy, thanks!

Again, nice to know that you back in the forum.

PS: The Excelsior is in the store again. I used it a few times last night and was blessed with good MM but I doubt if it's luck will continue when it's not in the store anymore??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users