In game Racism

Racism

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

krad55 #21 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostJumper919029291, on 10 April 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Every nation in the world needs to be respected. Even if they have political issues, blame the politicians, not the nation itself. No nation in the world is worth being mocked at. That's why ingame racism must be done for. Unfortunately, people online tend to exploit the anonymous nature of the internet and say words that can be extremely offensive. They wouldn't say those kind of words in person, right?

So are you saying it's "politicians" not you are waiving your red flag with sickle, declaring that you are Korean and communist in completely unrelated game and forums? Maybe you will go fight "racism" where it's appropriate. But before, kindly google what "racism" really is.

In reality, certain group of people are specially annoying and provoking others and pushing their "nationality", political beliefs, sexual orientation and whatnot, so that any reply to their annoying behavior can be presented as "racism" or "discrimination" and they can loudly cry how they are being offended. Kindly stop that, and you will most likely not see any "racism" in this game.

Edited by krad55, 11 April 2018 - 02:24 AM.

Jumper919029291 #22 Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 4454 battles
  • [KPAGF]

View Postkrad55, on 11 April 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

So are you saying it's "politicians" not you are waiving your red flag with sickle, declaring that you are Korean and communist in completely unrelated game and forums? Maybe you will go fight "racism" where it's appropriate. But before, kindly google what "racism" really is.

In reality, certain group of people are specially annoying and provoking others and pushing their "nationality", political beliefs, sexual orientation and whatnot, so that any reply to their annoying behavior can be presented as "racism" or "discrimination" and they can loudly cry how they are being offended. Kindly stop that, and you will most likely not see any "racism" in this game.

I have recieved a warning from WG not to talk about politics and ideology. It was only a light verbal warning with no points given. However, I do not want to proceed and get an actual sanction. Also, I have nothing against people talking against me in terms of political stuff, so in your perspective, racism does not happen in this situation. What I meant with political issues was the political relation with that country and yours. For example, Korea is in a not-so-good relation with Japan, since there are a lot of political and historical problems. Yet, I do fine with normal Japanese people I meet in game or in real life. If there are any problems between the two countries, we always blame the politicians of Japan, not the people. Also, we have the rights to fallow any ideology which in my case is communism.

Edited by Jumper919029291, 14 April 2018 - 02:35 PM.

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!

Creighton_Abrams #23 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 22704 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Folks, playground banter is one thing ... though some people do tend to take things too far, and need a bit of a ticking off, and detention time.  

Hard-core Racial Trollers need to be identified to the Support team and dealt with appropriately.  Kids just being stupid... well.... that's what they do/we did,  growing up.... 

Jumper919029291 #24 Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4454 battles
  • [KPAGF]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 17 April 2018 - 12:34 AM, said:

Folks, playground banter is one thing ... though some people do tend to take things too far, and need a bit of a ticking off, and detention time.  

Hard-core Racial Trollers need to be identified to the Support team and dealt with appropriately.  Kids just being stupid... well.... that's what they do/we did,  growing up.... 

I guess the majority of the players who swear at one's nation are just frustrated kids afterall. There are hardcore scumbags/idiots/muppets out there who do those things for a living.

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!

234_destroyer #25 Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:45 AM

Corporal

• 19990 battles
  • [ANZUS]

This extreme type of bigotry has to be stop. This brings everyone down, and creates a dark stain on one's blitz experience. Racism has being plaguing humanity since the very start. And no matter if its in Blitz or in the Actual World, it has to immediately stop, and those that are endlessly harassing others with damnable racist comments should heed the warning. In the aftermath of one game, even though i was not, this player that shall not be named called me a Black Monkey, a remark that is beyond bigotry. I immediately screenshotted it and report him to WG. Hopefully a hefty ban would be handed down to him. It would be a step towards unity as WG should cleanse the server of these racist bigots.

Here's the screenshot i sent to WG:

Edited by 234_destroyer, 08 December 2018 - 09:15 AM.

__Grifter__ #26 Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3158 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View Post234_destroyer, on 08 December 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

This extreme type of bigotry has to be stop. This brings everyone down, and creates a dark stain on one's blitz experience. Racism has being plaguing humanity since the very start. And no matter if its in Blitz or in the Actual World, it has to immediately stop, and those that are endlessly harassing others with damnable racist comments should heed the warning. In the aftermath of one game, even though i was not, this player that shall not be named called me a Black Monkey, a remark that is beyond bigotry. I immediately screenshotted it and report him to WG. Hopefully a hefty ban would be handed down to him. It would be a step towards unity as WG should cleanse the server of these racist bigots.

Here's the screenshot i sent to WG:

Idiots like that should be named and shamed - I see it a lot too even though they are very wide of the mark regarding both my color and nationality. Then again most do not expect a British guy to be playing on an Asian server. 

Neb10k #27 Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:20 AM

Captain

• 59446 battles
  • [KR0N0]
That is bad karma, but the person is just a sad little loser who is trying to upset you.

Report them and forget about it. And good luck in your battles.

kurtknispel1 #28 Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:10 PM

Corporal

• 2192 battles

View Postkrad55, on 06 March 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

Any example of "racism" in the chat? In case it's a real racist comment, should be immediate ban of the player by WG, or big trouble for WG if they do nothing.

But I haven't seen any racist comment lately (like during the last year). Actually, even before I have seen it only once - one guy was badly offending all Asians, which was reported and the offender quickly disappeared from the game.

There are lots of calling people monkeys, pigs, dogs or chicken, however that does not mean it's racism. People are just insulting other people as bad as they possibly can, according to their traditions and level of intelligence.

Another thing - how would they know anyone's race in order to offend? Unless you have your race mentioned in the clan tag or IGN (which is kind of racism by itself), it shouldn't be possible to offend anyone based on his/her race. And, as I said before, general insults against certain race should be very easy to deal with.

I agree. I have seen quite a lot of people recently saying "ni**as" or some variation of it. I personally think that all races, even African Americans, should not use such a racially charged word. I only tolerate the use of the word when used by African Americans. yet it is impossible to identify the race of the people. So to be honest, just ignore the haters.

Ke ni otsu 4ever!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             is4 4life

AngryMunky666 #29 Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2910 battles
There is one race... The Human Race.

There are different nationalities, cultures etc and so there are different viewpoints on almost every subject. Racism is the lowest form of insult mostly used by unintelligent people.

You can simply turn chat off completely which I have done and then you don’t have to deal with anything some keyboard warrior says to you.
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”

moonmoon_ow #30 Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:54 AM

Private

• 28 battles
Not really a racism incident but a few days ago I ammo racked an enemy who was in a platoon. He messaged me after and called me a fa**ot. I didn't retaliate at all. The next thing I know, I received 2 down votes for unsporting conduct (am assuming it was from his platoon mate) and my honor dropped =.=

AngryMunky666 #31 Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 2910 battles
That’s pretty sad on their part, don’t worry Negative Militarily Honour is a joke anyway because it doesn’t need an proof. 
”KEEP CALM AND BLAME IT ON THE LAG”

Elite911 #32 Posted 24 December 2018 - 02:17 AM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 137 battles
  • [B2DV]

Old thread, thread has run its course. If you find anyone insulting people, please get a screenshot and submit it to support so the person can be dealt with.

Thread locked.

~Elite911.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
For gameplay advice, try the WG Wiki or ask on the forums.
For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.
WoT Blitz game and forum rules can be found here: Game Rules - Forum Rules.

Also tagged with Racism

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users