Jump to content


In game Racism

Racism

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Ambulant #1 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:11 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 37102 battles
  • 192
  • [FLAME]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

Dear Forummers,

 

Despite all our gripes about updates, nerfs, buffs, bad play, and a million Wargaming issues, there is one that I would like your help on. The problem of racism in the chat during battles. This is one thing that happens, although not frequently, but is still very toxic to the gaming experience. Please, if you can, call it out to the player, downvote the player, report him. This is something we can do actively to make the game experience much better. Thank you.



Siscon_Oniisan #2 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:03 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 25 battles
  • 31
  • [D_M]
  • Member since:
    01-18-2018

Yep, effectiveness of the down vote system aside, I absolutely agree.

 

We should really have some sort of muting system in this game (I don't think blocking a player would silence him in matches) or at the very least the ability to disable chat on random battles. Some of us just want to have fun and toxicity just ruins the game.


Currently grinding and eliting: T29, T25/2, SP I C, Tiger II, Jagdtiger, LTTB, SU-100,  Centurion I

Premiums: Pz. S35, T-25, Löwe, M3 Light, Valentine II, Light VIC, Pz S35

Kept: Stug III G, KV-2


moonhag #3 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:18 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 23074 battles
  • 24
  • [B_I_T]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016

Sticks and stones........

 



krad55 #4 Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 487
  • Member since:
    04-23-2015

Any example of "racism" in the chat? In case it's a real racist comment, should be immediate ban of the player by WG, or big trouble for WG if they do nothing.

But I haven't seen any racist comment lately (like during the last year). Actually, even before I have seen it only once - one guy was badly offending all Asians, which was reported and the offender quickly disappeared from the game.

 

There are lots of calling people monkeys, pigs, dogs or chicken, however that does not mean it's racism. People are just insulting other people as bad as they possibly can, according to their traditions and level of intelligence.

 

Another thing - how would they know anyone's race in order to offend? Unless you have your race mentioned in the clan tag or IGN (which is kind of racism by itself), it shouldn't be possible to offend anyone based on his/her race. And, as I said before, general insults against certain race should be very easy to deal with.



Noobieman #5 Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:19 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 18590 battles
  • 366
  • [AVSW]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2016
there are a lot of moronic racism messages sent after the battle, makes it easy to put a ticket in and try and get them banned

Ambulant #6 Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:23 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 37102 battles
  • 192
  • [FLAME]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015
Well, the adjective 'Asian', 'Chinese', 'Japanese', 'Korean' followed by the insults.... I don't really need to list them all do I? Yes, I can recognise racist comments and I can distinguish the difference.

krad55 #7 Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 487
  • Member since:
    04-23-2015

View PostAmbulant, on 06 March 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

Well, the adjective 'Asian', 'Chinese', 'Japanese', 'Korean' followed by the insults.... I don't really need to list them all do I? Yes, I can recognise racist comments and I can distinguish the difference.

 

Well in that case, simple report to support should result in immediate ban of the offender. Down-voting is just waste of time. 

 

I was just wondering how do they know who is Japanese, Chinese or even Asian to insult, simply because I haven't seen such messages for a good while, at least since introduction of that MH system (a separate surprise for me, obviously they are all busy pressing that "hate button" now).



Klea__ #8 Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:04 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1990 battles
  • 206
  • [AFK_]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2018

View PostAmbulant, on 06 March 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

Dear Forummers,

 

Despite all our gripes about updates, nerfs, buffs, bad play, and a million Wargaming issues, there is one that I would like your help on. The problem of racism in the chat during battles. This is one thing that happens, although not frequently, but is still very toxic to the gaming experience. Please, if you can, call it out to the player, downvote the player, report him. This is something we can do actively to make the game experience much better. Thank you.

 

I seen a lot of insulters a lot, mostly plugy. but best way is send ticket to WG and ban em for good, tho, I wonder how many minutes the Insulter will cry.

" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers


Kabama04 #9 Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:17 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15328 battles
  • 377
  • [LTEVL]
  • Member since:
    07-30-2016

Some idiot thought it would be funny to make a clan called “We Aren’t Racist” and name the tag [NIBBA]

Seriously WG should do something about that

 

 


Edited by Kabama04, 06 March 2018 - 11:17 PM.

My Tanks:

 "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us. -Space_Ape_Marksman


krad55 #10 Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:03 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 487
  • Member since:
    04-23-2015
deleted

Edited by krad55, 07 March 2018 - 03:24 AM.


Gandalf__Greyhame #11 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:07 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 205 battles
  • 302
  • [SHLRE]
  • Member since:
    06-24-2016
Most common is pig , donkey , monkey etc . People from some particular countries call usually say pig . This is obviously due to their religious beliefs . I always reply to this with " I love bacon " . 

WoTBlitzPlayer #12 Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:38 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 3615 battles
  • 89
  • Member since:
    11-01-2017

Positive Appraisals are attributed to a player, but not negative ones.

Now a days, the Trolls/Racists use the Appraisal system to get their personal satisfaction... 

 

On the plus side, for being on the receiving end of these Racist comments, it does make one appreciate how others within one's own country feels when subjected to such comments.

 

 


--

OMG They just Killed "WoTBlitzPlayer", you B4st4rd5 !!!

 


Jumper919029291 #13 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1307 battles
  • 247
  • [ROKGW]
  • Member since:
    03-23-2016

I'm Korean, and after battles(in the occasional ones that I really suck in) some morons swear at me in personal chat. They don't stop by just insulting me, though. They usually go on mocking our whole nation, calling us useless noobs/pigs/etc. I usually go over with the ones that just insult me, but the ones that mock my nation I can not pass. So, I sent in multiple tickets to WG with screenshots. But does sending tickets actually do anything to the offender?

 


만국의 노동자여, 단결하라!

Workers of the world, unite!


Jumper919029291 #14 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1307 battles
  • 247
  • [ROKGW]
  • Member since:
    03-23-2016

View PostGandalf__Greyhame, on 07 March 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

Most common is pig , donkey , monkey etc . People from some particular countries call usually say pig . This is obviously due to their religious beliefs . I always reply to this with " I love bacon " . 

Lol, nice one!


만국의 노동자여, 단결하라!

Workers of the world, unite!


WOT_Losers #15 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:12 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 4221 battles
  • 26
  • [WAPN]
  • Member since:
    11-02-2017

View PostJumper919029291, on 30 March 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

I'm Korean, and after battles(in the occasional ones that I really suck in) some morons swear at me in personal chat. They don't stop by just insulting me, though. They usually go on mocking our whole nation, calling us useless noobs/pigs/etc. I usually go over with the ones that just insult me, but the ones that mock my nation I can not pass. So, I sent in multiple tickets to WG with screenshots. But does sending tickets actually do anything to the offender?

 

 

​Tickets submitted to WG don't really achieve much. I had death threats from a player called fobulous42 ​ and nothing happened after. Not even a "provocative comm".

http://preview.ibb.c...9mc/Capture.jpg

 

 



krad55 #16 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:30 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 487
  • Member since:
    04-23-2015

View PostJumper919029291, on 30 March 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

I'm Korean, and after battles(in the occasional ones that I really suck in) some morons swear at me in personal chat. They don't stop by just insulting me, though. They usually go on mocking our whole nation, calling us useless noobs/pigs/etc. I usually go over with the ones that just insult me, but the ones that mock my nation I can not pass. So, I sent in multiple tickets to WG with screenshots. But does sending tickets actually do anything to the offender?

 

And how do "they" know you are Korean to apply their racism to your "whole nation"? Maybe one should not advertise his/her race/nationality/beliefs/sexual_orientation in the game that has nothing to do with it?

Edited by krad55, 06 April 2018 - 02:31 AM.


WOT_Losers #17 Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 4221 battles
  • 26
  • [WAPN]
  • Member since:
    11-02-2017

View Postkrad55, on 06 April 2018 - 02:30 AM, said:

 

And how do "they" know you are Korean to apply their racism to your "whole nation"? Maybe one should not advertise his/her race/nationality/beliefs/sexual_orientation in the game that has nothing to do with it?

 

Not necessarily advertised info. Some info can also be gleaned from other sources. the clan info for example - which languages are set? assumptions based on the name sounding like. what language u speak in game.....

Esh11 #18 Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 32782 battles
  • 944
  • [_183_]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015

View PostWOT_Losers, on 03 April 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

 

​Tickets submitted to WG don't really achieve much. I had death threats from a player called fobulous42 ​ and nothing happened after. Not even a "provocative comm".

http://preview.ibb.c...9mc/Capture.jpg

 

 

 

Now people have debated about permanent chat ban of HokeyPokey . I think he was trying out which words go through chat . For that I think perma ban is way too much . But it is things like this which deserve a perma ban . If you giving death threats to others then I don't think such a person should be allowed to communicate in-game any longer .

                                                                         DEATH STAR FOR LIFE 

 

                                                  

  " He had a fine flow of language, and his adjectives were very vigorous. He ended a string of abuse by a vicious back-hander which I failed to entirely avoid. The next few minutes were delicious. It was a straight left against a slogging ruffian. I emerged as you see me. Mr. Woodley went home in a cart ".


Fosknow #19 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:10 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 43102 battles
  • 997
  • [-IQ-]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

I never see this.

Most of u should be culled.

Look up culled.

 

Off-topic, user warned

~ teysanook


Edited by teysanook, 18 April 2018 - 02:30 PM.

How bold you are from afar.


WOT_Losers #20 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 4221 battles
  • 26
  • [WAPN]
  • Member since:
    11-02-2017

View PostFosknow, on 10 April 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

I never see this.

Most of u should be culled.

Look up culled.

 

​now that's a racist post. who is the "u" this racist is talking about?

Fosknow You are the coward racist chicken who needs to be culled.

 

Insult and provocation, user warned.

~ teysanook


Edited by teysanook, 18 April 2018 - 02:31 PM.






Also tagged with Racism

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users