New Players Must Learn the Game

New Players Inexperienced Noobs

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

__CrazyCat__ #21 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

Corporal

• 2023 battles

View PostNocturnZing, on 25 June 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

New players who leave quickly aren't the ones who are going to spend money on the game anyways, they are the ones here 'free to play'.

The new players who remain even after the abuse are the ones who will most likely buy/spend gold to get new tanks and premium hours, they will learn slow or learn fast, that's up to how they use the existing resources.

Do not agree, some players will try for free and when they get the bug and have that basic understanding of how to play, will quickly get addicted and want to start collecting the premium tanks and advance quicker through the research trees by using premium time and so forth. Nobody will stay long if they keep losing - epeically once they buy a prem tank and realise they still suck despite spending so much money - they will feel ripped off and leave. had they have been taught better, they might have stayed and spent even more.

NocturnZing #22 Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:39 PM

Corporal

• 4035 battles
  • [NZ]

View Post__CrazyCat__, on 25 June 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Do not agree, some players will try for free and when they get the bug and have that basic understanding of how to play, will quickly get addicted and want to start collecting the premium tanks and advance quicker through the research trees by using premium time and so forth. Nobody will stay long if they keep losing - epeically once they buy a prem tank and realise they still suck despite spending so much money - they will feel ripped off and leave. had they have been taught better, they might have stayed and spent even more.

lol u've said basically the same thing I said earlier - a new player who remains even after the initial battles and wants to learn, is the one who will likely buy/spend gold in game later because the gameplay resonates with him and his future expectations of the game. your welcome to keep disagreeing either ways.

I disagree with you that only being 'taught better' is the only factor that is going to retain a player, there are so many more contributing factors. IF what you say is true that being 'taught better' wuld retain all players, then no one should have quit game over spare parts at all, or over the earlier +2/-2 MM, or over premium tanks being sold as part of the regular lines.

As for players leaving if they keep losing, I have seen multiple players with 20 times my battle count and lower WRs than mine. They are not leaving and they certainly do not need to be 'taught' and they have great DR and KR. IMHO even good players can lose several battles, at times in a row also if their team doesn't also actively contribute to the team winning. WR itself isn't a great measure of success.

Edited by NocturnZing, 25 June 2018 - 04:57 PM.

bigben21 #23 Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

View PostNocturnZing, on 25 June 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

WG isn't likely to risk impacting its revenue by making players better from the start, sealclubbers would definitely not support new players being well trained lol

Please its time to evolve and shed those feral fur of yours. U look like someone living off the government tit. You seems to have so much time spewing nonsense here. F.f/s, spend some time Go check many others and my previous posts about learning, removing spare parts timers, etc for new players! And I am just one of the many vets who spoke out for these new players. We are in this game and in the forum long enough to know what is happening and is needed to improve the quality of the game. So who you are, especially a new player like you, coming here to make all these nonsensical accusations on vets like a b.itch.

Seriously I don’t wanna be rude to you but if you continue to make such prejudiced, bigoted opinion against anyone here, and leave us no choice, WE, yes WE will give you a hard time here. Look at what the other forumers have started to say to you and the tone they used! Its either you keep your feral ego in check, learn some forum etiquette, or you can fak off!

Edited by bigben21, 26 June 2018 - 03:30 AM.

NocturnZing #24 Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:28 AM

Corporal

• 4035 battles
  • [NZ]

View Postbigben21, on 26 June 2018 - 03:29 AM, said:

Please its time to evolve and shed those feral fur of yours. U look like someone living off the government tit. You seems to have so much time spewing nonsense here. F.f/s, spend some time Go check many others and my previous posts about learning, removing spare parts timers, etc for new players! And I am just one of the many vets who spoke out for these new players. We are in this game and in the forum long enough to know what is happening and is needed to improve the quality of the game. So who you are, especially a new player like you, coming here to make all these nonsensical accusations on vets like a b.itch.

Seriously I don’t wanna be rude to you but if you continue to make such prejudiced, bigoted opinion against anyone here, and leave us no choice, WE, yes WE will give you a hard time here. Look at what the other forumers have started to say to you and the tone they used! Its either you keep your feral ego in check, learn some forum etiquette, or you can fak off!

lol the crap u just spewed here, doesn't have any relevance to the single line I posted, which u quoted, whats "prejudiced, bigoted opinion against anyone" in that single line?.

You need to get a health check emo girl. ROFL.

Diamond114 #25 Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:28 AM

Captain

• 15914 battles
  • [408]

View PostNocturnZing, on 25 June 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

WG isn't likely to risk impacting its revenue by making players better from the start, sealclubbers would definitely not support new players being well trained lol

I welcome the challenge of better trained seal cubs

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

bigben21 #26 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

Come back when you are 20,000k into the game. See if you are the coward, hypocrite and or the selfish seal clubber and the many other crap you envisaged yourself to be.

Btw in the meantime shed your fur, evolve please.

Oh yes me too I welcome the challenge of better trained seal cubs! 

Edited by bigben21, 26 June 2018 - 07:17 AM.

corona_2017 #27 Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

Corporal

• 1698 battles
  • [WAPN]

View Postbigben21, on 26 June 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

Come back when you are 20,000k into the game. See if you are the coward, hypocrite and or the selfish seal clubber and the many other crap you envisaged yourself to be.

Btw in the meantime shed your fur, evolve please.

Oh yes me too I welcome the challenge of better trained seal cubs! 

This is no way relevant to OP post. Why are u calling OP names and stuff?

__ForGlory__ #28 Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]

View Postcorona_2017, on 26 June 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

You went to the trouble of logging out of one account and in to another just type that? 

corona_2017 #29 Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

Corporal

• 1698 battles
  • [WAPN]

View Post__ForGlory__, on 26 June 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

You went to the trouble of logging out of one account and in to another just type that? 

What are you blabbering on about? u ok?

Diamond114 #30 Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:13 AM

Captain

• 15914 battles
  • [408]

View Postcorona_2017, on 26 June 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Let's just say the two had a bit of bad blood running fresh.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

rapadas #31 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:57 AM

Private

• 19 battles
I'm new here  so I still have now idea how to gain a good tank.  I chose Russia tanks they say it's a well balanced nation. Can you guys help me?  Tips and tricks?

bigben21 #32 Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

Russians are easier to play. Youtube videos are great help. The earlier you start watching the videos and master those skills the better it is for your win rate. But be patience it takes time to gain experience and understand and master those skllls.

Find videos from:

Buskha

Sk8xtrm

e_____18989 wot blitz

Dark Magician Girls for map knowledge 

Diamond114 #33 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

Captain

• 15914 battles
  • [408]

rapadas, on 11 July 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

I'm new here so I still have now idea how to gain a good tank. I chose Russia tanks they say it's a well balanced nation. Can you guys help me? Tips and tricks?

General rule of thumb;

- Russian tanks excel in fast paced, close range brawls at level ground with their superior mobility and firepower while still maintaining a good level of armor, which is attained at the price of bad gun depression on most of their tanks, slow aim time and poor accuracy overall on their heavy tanks. Again, its medium tanks and light tanks generally also excel as a point-blank range brawlers due to their armor and mobility, with quick-firing but low-ish penetration of their guns requiring good knowledge of tank weakspots or using premium ammo.

Russian TDs generally works best as ambush vehicles due to their generally good camo values and hard-hitting guns, although the Obj. 263 line tanks has good penetration, quick-firing guns and decent mobility in direct opposite to the Obj 268 line, and therefore can brawl if handled properly.

- Chinese tanks, particularly the heavies are generally follows in the shadows of the Russian lines at higher tiers, with their lower tier tanks being a copy and improvement over their parent design

(Vickers Type E is the base of the Russian T-26 of the same Tier, Chi-Ha being largely identical to their Japanese counterpart except with gun handling style as mentioned below, and the M5A1 being better than its parent, M5 Stuart at the same Tier because it has Chi-Ha`s 47mm gun, which when using premium ammo actually stands a chance against the higher tier tanks whereas the M5 Stuart would be useless depending which higher tier tanks it faces). 

Several trademarks of the Chinese line, particularly with their medium tanks, is that they usually have the biggest gun caliber compared to their peers. Others would be a total lack of gun depression on average, even compared to the Russians, poor gun handling and accuracy when shooting on the move, and very fast aim time when stationary.

However, at present the mediums apart from the T-34-1 do not perform as well as other nation lines. Wait for WG to buff them first. The heavies seems to be alright apart from the IS-2 actually performing better with the 100mm gun than with the 122mm gun.

- Japanese mediums and lights have good gun depression, good DPM and good gun handling, good camo, and decent mobility overall as well as view range. Generally best played in a support position to teammates and keeping an arms length to enemy tanks. However, in return this line generally has the worst armor of all the other lines, particularly at higher Tiers. Working in pairs or more with other teammates is essential with this line for it is generally very rarely Japanese tanks can carry games once their teammates are dead. The STB-1 however, is a bit of an outlier in that its playstyle is closer to that of US tanks, albeit with a turret that relies more on the angling and sloping of its front armor than on thickness.

- US tanks generally prefer a hull-down, defensive playstyle early in game due to their better than average turret armor and generally excellent gun depression levels, only equalled in the latter part by Japanese tanks and some British tanks. Although in return its hull armor is generally weaker compared to other lines, it still has good firepower and mobility as well, allowing it to switch roles in an instant and be very versatile, if otherwise occasionally let down by its mediocre capabilities.

US mediums tend to be jack-of-all-trades, masters of none with a more balanced level of armor, mobility, and firepower, decent gun handling and aim time, and better than average gun handling on the move, while its heavies tend to be hull-down kings, particularly T29 and T32, while M103 and T110E5 plays like a heavium; a heavy tank with good firepower and mobility but less effective armor than average for heavy tanks.

A word of caution when playing US heavies; secure your flanks and keep FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY at ALL times, as heavies in general and US/ German heavies in particular suffer greatly when flanked, as their side profile is big and the armor relatively thin. If you can master securing your flanks in playing US/ German heavies, you`ll be set for success in all other heavies line as well.

US tank destroyers is a bit of an enigma, because this nation line features turreted TDs perhaps more so than any other nations` TD line. Two distinct lines are the Hellcat and Jackson.

Hellcats generally excels with hit and run tactics, which is made possible by its good mobility but also made necessary because of its poor armor. Tanks down its line also has good mobility characteristics and generally works in a flanking or shoot and scoot tactics until T25/2. It can work as normal turreted tanks if handled carefully, with the T25/2 making an acceptable, if somewhat inferior ersatz medium tank, and the T30 also able to fill in roles of the heavy tank since it is basically the T29 with a bigger gun and slightly worse gun and mobility handling. Do be careful of the T28 Prototype, as it is slow and open-topped, and therefore especially vulnerable to HE splash damages despite its thick front armor.

Jackson line is unique in that once past Tier VII with the T25 AT its playstyle is basically that of a wrecking ball; while the Jackson and T25 AT are able to move anywhere with some speed, the following T28 and particularly the T95 moves at literally a snail`s pace. In return, they get very thick armor and powerful guns with very good handling even when on the move, and therefore their sole reason of existence became that of a shooting bunker that can shrug off poorly made shots from even high caliber guns and push a moderate to heavily defended line. The catch, however, is that its success is solely dependent on your team being able to cover your sides and rear in addition of managing weakspots yourself so you don`t get easily flanked and/or penned. If you can have the enemy only facing your forward armor at all times with good support from your team, those two machines will be an occasional terror on the battlefield. Just get the 120mm as soon as possible as T28`s and T95`s success also largely depends on being able to hurt, and the 105mm that it gets at Tier VIII and IX spread is of little effectiveness.

- German lines is initially all about having the best firepower balance in rate of fire and damage per shot as opposed to the Russians and Chinese traditions of preferring high damage per shot and raw firepower and maintaining an acceptable armor profile and mobility. This nation line also has the some of the most accurate guns and best gun handling, only rivaled by the British guns in that regard. However, as you progress higher up the tier it sacrifices more and more mobility for armor and firepower, particularly for its heavy tanks and tank destroyers.

The medium tanks has two lines, the E50M and the Leopard 1 line. E50M line is all about having a good front armor profile, good gun performance, and decent mobility. A strong competitor to the Russian medium lines, it is also some of the best ramming tanks in Blitz. The Leopard 1 line, on the opposite favors good gun handling, gun performance and good mobility at the cost of armor. Although the mediums in this line are capable tanks, from Leopard Prototype A onward careful positioning and understanding of spotting mechanics is paramount as it can be easily destroyed if spotted in the open especially with heavy tank and TDs dominating higher tier metas nowadays.

The light tank line from Leopard at Tier V favors mobility and firepower while sacrificing more and more armor at higher tiers. The Leo light itself boasts a 270-300 burst damage autocannon with high penetration while maintaining good mobility and armor that can occasionally bounce shots though generally not from 57mm-75mm caliber guns or bigger. VK 28.01 is completely average now that WG has nerfed it some patches back, the SP I C suits a playstyle not unlike that of the Hellcat, and the Ru 251 is basically the same playstyle as the Leopard mediums.

German TDs favors firepower, culminating in the two lines; the original line sacrifices mobility for more firepower and armor, ends with the big, slow but tough and hard-hitting Jagdtiger and JgPz E100 aka Jageru, and now a second line who emphasize stealth, mobility and firepower, while sacrificing armor culminating in the Grille 15. and the occasionally dreaded Borsig and Wt Pz IV with their 150mm derp guns and stealth meaning you can get derped first in the face without you knowing if the Borsig/ Wt Pz IV player does his job right.

Heavy tanks takes a similar approach to the heavy tank destroyers, culminating in the E100 and the Maus, both of which sacrificed mobility for armor and firepower. E100 gets the 150mm gun, while the Maus retains the 128mm.

Also, the hallmark feature of German tanks is that it is generally dependent on players actively angling the tank towards incoming fire with the exception of the Leopard 1 line. While the angling technique is something that applies to all tanks, some German tanks benefits from it more than other tanks of its peer; Maus, VK 45.02 B, Tiger II and Tiger P all have good frontal armor, made even better by a slight angling whereas some in some Soviet/ Chinese tanks doing so actually lessens the effectiveness of the armor; i.e IS-3 with its pike nose. Another, somewhat detrimental feature is that German heavies has the largest lower glacis of most tanks in its tier, which serves as a big weakspot. This and vulnerability when flanked as in US heavies means managing your weakspots and flanks is also essential for success playing this line.

- British tanks generally tend to favor rate of fire based firepower, having some of the fastest rate of fire of their guns among their peers and good gun handling rivalling the Germans, but at the cost of low damage per shot. Higher tier tanks such as the Centurion 7/1 and FV 215b 183 reverses this trend, having a slow rate of fire but deals higher damage in return.

British light tanks up to Crusader generally favors mobility and DPM oriented firepower over armor, with exceptions being Covenanter and Cruiser III/IV favoring burst damage with their Bofors 40mm autocannon, and the Cruiser II having a 95mm howitzer that no other tanks in its tier have. As they evolve into medium tanks, they started conforming to the aforementioned playstyle; fast ROF, high pen gun with good accuracy and handling but poor damage. This would be the trend up until FV 4202, which sacrificed its turret armor and had similar rate of fire to other 105mm armed medium tanks to continue having the excellent gun handling and decent damage per shot. This is almost the reverse of the Centurion series from Tier VIII, which favored hull-down position even more than US mediums and having a strong turret armor profile while being fairly easy to hit and pen in the lower hull. Armor profile is a bit of and on/off thing, with the Comet and Centurion having decent front turret armor and actually playing similarly to their US counterparts minus the ROF differences and Crusader, Cromwell, and FV 4202 having poor armor effectiveness, even in the turret.

British heavy tanks also favors quick ROF and high DPM and good gun penetratioin and handling, but sacrificed its mobility for armor, the extreme form being the Churchill series. Although it can actually traverse well when properly equipped, its moves at a snail`s pace, only better than the T28/ T95 series. 

British TDs are also an enigma, but most of it has to do with their wonkiness as opposed to the US TDs. Such examples including the Valentine AT, which while having a good DPM gun is marred by having a thin gun shield over a well armored hull that also moves slowly. AT 2 onwards to the AT 15 are much the same; slow-moving, well armored bunker all around with punchy, fast firing low damage gun. With the Tortoise, once you get the 120mm L1A1 it is actually quite a force to be reckoned with as it has the similar gun as the Conqueror at the same tier when fully equipped; pucnhy, quick-firing, high damage per shot gun. The end of this line is the aforementioned Death Star, which is also an enigma as it fires a 183mm gun and doesn`t conform to the traditions of the British tanks line. British TDs do get a generous gun arc traverse, meaning they can angle while moving or firing to their front, an ability which few other TDs have.

British tanks are also the only nation capable of using HESH, which is basically modeled as a high-penetration HE in the game. Can still be affected by sloping of armor and spaced armor much the same as HE, but if it pens, particularly with the Death Star can wreak havoc among enemy tank drivers.

- French tanks are initially much the same as the British heavy tanks (slow, heavily armored, good firepower), but as you go up the tiers their playstyle became largely about mobility and burst damage, with higher tier vehicles minus the TDs largely dependent on autoloaders and forgoing any sort of armoring beyond against machine gun fire.

Slight disclaimer here from the start as I have never ventured far with this nation line, particularly TDs. I might get it wrong, but here goes.

French heavies and mediums at higher tiers are much the same in the aforementioned regard, with size of the vehicle as a target being perhaps the largest single factor differentiating between heavies and mediums and lights. Their burst damage doesn`t gave them full brawling capabilities as with other tanks with single shot guns because of the need to reload the autoloader magazine, however particularly on light tanks this makes them ideal as ambush vehicles, mirroring the playstyle of shoot and scoot turretted TDs. The higher tier French vehicles do get the range of 75mm to 120mm autoloaders which are relatively punchy, particularly the higher calibers, and deals a large amount of damage per burst compared to their peers. Their armor is relatively soft in return, so caution is advised against prolonged engagements.

A bit of an outlier with the French lights is the AMX ELC, which only has a 60 degrees turret traverse meaning it can only fire to targets to its front, much like a wide gun arc TD, with a good gun with decent rate of fire, damage, and penetration. It also doesn`t use an autoloader so its DPM is more consistent. Outliers with the French heavy tanks are the ARL 44, which has good front armor and a long barreled 90mm with good penetration, damage and rate of fire, with decent mobility, but does this at the cost of having even weaker sides than US/ German heavies. AMX M4 45 is also an outlier because it plays more similarly to the German Tiger I at the same tier; poor armor against most other tanks, but with a very good gun with good damage, penetration, and rate of fire.

Low tier French tanks be it medium or heavies are fairly heavily armored, but their lack of mobility and guns that generally only do moderately well even when firing premium ammunition is the real killer of these vehicles. 

I can`t really give a fair assessment yet of French TDs because I haven`t gotten through to S35 CA yet.

Boy that was a good 2 hour fun writing this up

bigben21 #34 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

Haha :teethhappy::facepalm:lol wow did you really write all these up?? 

Diamond gave u quite a fair bit of detail about different tank lines. Anyway Rapadas, note these basic first:

1) take cover behind hard cover when you reload. (Critical, most newbies just stand in the open and get shot to death jn less than a min into the game)

2) go with your teammates. Don’t move away alone.

3) don’t go capturing base right from the beginning in supremacy game. 

4) always stay alive! and don’t rush out and into shooting enemy unnecessarily.

5) Shoot them when they have fired or the gun not pointing at u

6) always shoot at tanks with lowest health when possible. Get rid of guns.

7) wait for the aiming circle to close before firing. 

8) don’t rush tiers.

9) Do upgrade your tank at least 75% crew skills and module e.g gun before rolling them out for battle.

10) Don’t camp or hide while your team is doing battle if you don’t wanna your teammates to rage at you. Always support them, move if u got no target.

Refer to videos and watch how other play for more advance techniques like:

1) camo

2) how and when to use different shells

3) angling of tanks

4) side scrapping

5) spotting 

6) brawling

7) hull down

8) map knowledge 

9) etc...

Edited by bigben21, 11 July 2018 - 05:22 PM.

Diamond114 #35 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:49 PM

Captain

• 15914 battles
  • [408]

I kid you not. I did spend some 1:30-2 hours writing all those up and digging up my memory bank of tank lines.

Anyway, nice follow-up with the tactics.

Diamond114 #36 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:52 PM

Captain

• 15914 battles
  • [408]
If I go into further detail my post will turn into a research paper for Blitz tanks. I wonder how much fun it will be discussing the Swedish lines, Chinese TDs, etc once they are also implemented.

__ForGlory__ #37 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:12 PM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]
If I were you - I would save what you just wrote somewhere - then you can just paste it the next time someone needs help :)

Diamond114 #38 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:03 PM

Captain

• 15914 battles
  • [408]

View Post__ForGlory__, on 13 July 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

If I were you - I would save what you just wrote somewhere - then you can just paste it the next time someone needs help :)

Occasionally WG have come down with changes to the tanks in the line that made my aforementioned points less relevant or otherwise changes the way we usually look at/ play tanks from those lines that got tweaked (not sure of any recent cases; maybe someone can help correct me if I`m wrong)

That said usually they add up more and more lines so there`s more and more to keep in mind.

Edited by Diamond114, 14 July 2018 - 03:04 PM.

__ForGlory__ #39 Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:29 AM

Corporal

• 3304 battles
  • [CHUBY]

View PostDiamond114, on 14 July 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

Occasionally WG have come down with changes to the tanks in the line that made my aforementioned points less relevant or otherwise changes the way we usually look at/ play tanks from those lines that got tweaked (not sure of any recent cases; maybe someone can help correct me if I`m wrong)

That said usually they add up more and more lines so there`s more and more to keep in mind.

Sure, but easier to tweak what you have already written than to start from scratch :)

Also tagged with New Players, Inexperienced, Noobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users