New Players Must Learn the Game

New Players Inexperienced Noobs

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

WotBlitzWorld #1 Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:24 AM

Corporal

• 25535 battles
  • [ERASE]

I started my YT channel two years ago to help new players learn how to play better faster. If they did some research I believe they would enjoy the game and stick around longer, not get called names and also improve the gameplay for their team.

How many of you actually go to YouTube to get tips and learn how to play? 

How many of you just learn through frustration?

Do you think new players would benefit from being directed to YT channels for experience? I feel this would be a good resource for WG.

I want to hear what you think.

WotBlitzWorld

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjuzsmLthr-gHhGqEag3HpQ?view_as=subscriber

Also Telegram Wotblitzworld_Lounge 

Klea__ #2 Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

Sergeant

• 2381 battles
  • [VAD]

View PostWotBlitzWorld, on 25 February 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

I started my YT channel two years ago to help new players learn how to play better faster. If they did some research I believe they would enjoy the game and stick around longer, not get called names and also improve the gameplay for their team.

Do you think new players would benefit from being directed to YT channels for experience? I feel this would be a good resource for WG.

WotBlitzWorld

1. I don't go to youtube, I instead read guides from good players.

2. idk.

3. I think so. depends on the video if it is a guide or tips or whatever.

" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers

erwin10001 #3 Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 31227 battles
  • [SEALZ]

I found Bushka's videos very useful when I was starting out.

Ace Mastery videos from various subscribers for certain tanks helped me get Ace Mastery for those thanks. 

SonderAbteilung #4 Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 48833 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostWotBlitzWorld, on 25 February 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

WotBlitzWorld

I already suggested a year ago to WG that they should put the CC(Community Contributors)  names in-game .. so that newbies can learn faster and so that we all enjoy the game better. 

Results.  WG just says  big  F ... (self censored, moderators please be kind)  ... because they want the noobs to buy gold , prem time , enrich vehicles and buy prem tanks. 

When I started the game begin 2015 i didn't know anything. .. angling,  hull down, sidescraping, prammo , équipements, ... etc... it took me 6k battles to start to realize how a donkey I was in tier 567.  After  I checked YT ... found 48ton ruckus , bushka, hugbert... really loved 48ton ruckus vids. He is just genuine.  Bushka is more straightforward helping others to understand the game.  Hugbert is boring as an old christian granny ... 

Afterwards,  I discovered  TheMightyJingles, QB, sirFoch, circon, sk8xtrm , meadsy69 , martindogger ,ageing Jedi, unkindest , yellowcap, tortik, gentlefun, claus kellerman ... 

What still pi ss es me off. If had WG do a monthly CC corner in newsfeed i would have been much quicker to watch their videos and be a patreon. 

If WG just mention them in newsfeed ... it's winwin for all. ... but WG just don't care... they need the noobs to make money... 

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

WotBlitzWorld #5 Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

Corporal

• 25535 battles
  • [ERASE]
Completely agree, in the notion of helping new players learn, the initial tutorial is basic and doesn't show much. Tier 1 is so hilarious and even good players can struggle there because the tanks are so similar and teams so poor. You guys have mentioned all the good contributors for sure! Ruckus was my fav also. 

redbull9z #6 Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:58 PM

Corporal

• 9040 battles
  • [VN-RB]
i mostly learn from convos with other fellow players as they have different and perhaps easier ways to explain things to me when it comes to tactics and other stuffs like that. youtube is fine, but it's much more convenient to ask stuffs at the in-game chat, where different players gather around at different times.

Creighton_Abrams #7 Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21883 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
I'd love to see a more active training video source which keeps up with the current NERF'ing and game play being circulated. Does anyone know of such a source ?

Kabama04 #8 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17651 battles
  • [FOW]

The YouTube Blitz Big Three are all reliable sources for info.

Bushka, Sk8, and Hughbert are all good, give accurate info, and have a good rep in blitz.

Bushka is so popular on Asia he has to rename his contributor acc a Player_......... just so he doesn’t get focused as if he’s a tier 1 in a tier 10 match

My Tanks:

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us. -Space_Ape_Marksman (NA)

WoTBlitzPlayer #9 Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

Sergeant

• 4795 battles

Its all lies... WG controls the game based upon $

So if you dont put any in... dont expect to get anything out.

__CrazyCat__ #10 Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

Corporal

• 2023 battles

How simple would it be for WG to just put together a few (optional) tutorials in game much like the basics one you have when starting your account? Players would not be forced to take these additional tutorials but offering some kind of small award would probably see them complete them anyway.

• A tutorial on each type of tank showing their roles and a few tips on how to use them.
  • A tutorial explaining the different ammo types and when best to use them (so we dont have twerps firing HE and getting 9 damage).
  • A tutorial explaining armor profiles with tips such as facing your front armor to opponents.
  • A tutorial giving out basic tips to survive and potentially carry a game, ie always checking the minimap, focus-firing on a single tank at a time when poss, not just heading straight for the cap, staying in cover, flanking etc etc.
  • Advanced tutorials taking players through stuff like angling, sidescraping, reverse sidescraping, hull down, face hugging, COD and the like.

Seriously, how difficult would that be? It could be rolled out on all servers and even current players now would have the option of taking the tutorials as well as any fresh new players. 

This might not completely get rid of nubs as some cannot be helped no matter what is done but it will make a big difference to those that might otherwise just quit due to the abuse they get for not knowing even the basics. Give new players a chance in the beginning and they might just end up staying and spending money.

Edited by __CrazyCat__, 25 June 2018 - 01:50 PM.

NocturnZing #11 Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

Corporal

• 3228 battles
  • [NZ]

View Post__CrazyCat__, on 25 June 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

How simple would it be for WG to just put together a few (optional) tutorials in game much like the basics one you have when starting your account? Players would not be forced to take these additional tutorials but offering some kind of small award would probably see them complete them anyway.

• A tutorial on each type of tank showing their roles and a few tips on how to use them.
  • A tutorial explaining the different ammo types and when best to use them (so we dont have twerps firing HE and getting 9 damage).
  • A tutorial explaining armor profiles with tips such as facing your front armor to opponents.
  • A tutorial giving out basic tips to survive and potentially carry a game, ie always checking the minimap, focus-firing on a single tank at a time when poss, not just heading straight for the cap, staying in cover, flanking etc etc.
  • Advanced tutorials taking players through stuff like angling, sidescraping, reverse sidescraping, hull down, face hugging, COD and the like.

Seriously, how difficult would that be? It could be rolled out on all servers and even current players now would have the option of taking the tutorials as well as any fresh new players. 

This might not completely get rid of nubs as some cannot be helped no matter what is done but it will make a big difference to those that might otherwise just quit due to the abuse they get for not knowing even the basics. Give new players a chance in the beginning and they might just end up staying and spending money.

All these exist, if someone bothers to visit the wiki and/or the forums and/or youtube. 

NocturnZing #12 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

Corporal

• 3228 battles
  • [NZ]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 27 February 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

I'd love to see a more active training video source which keeps up with the current NERF'ing and game play being circulated. Does anyone know of such a source ?

hmm this would be useful but I doubt WG will much do/support any player efforts around awareness related to Nerfing to get accurate info awareness up. A lot of stuff is just explained away by WG as "ranges" so its difficult to nail down precisely what/where was nerfed.

I was grinding a new MT, Pz4A German line and see a difference in in-game armor stats and the numbers up on blitz, so I know its real tough for the player sites alone to keep up with the changes that keep happening overtly/covertly from WG side.

NocturnZing #13 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

Corporal

• 3228 battles
  • [NZ]

View PostWotBlitzWorld, on 25 February 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

WotBlitzWorld

lol I started watching YT vids when I was at t3, so my initial WR really sucked. Now I regularly search 2 new ones a week to learn more after I saw it mentioned. I feel wiki hasn't been promoted as much as it should, even in game menu top left- you see community forum, but no wiki.

I definitely got frustrated a lot because of the 1) lack of clear team direction at start of battle, 2) sealclubbing which I just couldn't understand, and of course called 'cheating' LOL which is apparently a compliment :D. I just started asking openly which way team shud go, and also letting folks know which way I was going to go, helped some with 1. Asked a lot of noob Qs in chat which helped with the 2. If someone had cursed 'go watch buskha' instead of 'noob' at me, would have been even better :D

In-game chat I see a lot of mention of YT vids, so letting new players know of them is definitely good. At the same time new players are also hesitant - small gesture I started is - after a battle, regardless of win/lose if I see a double digit battle count player - reach out to them over chat and ask if they want some help. Sometimes I get a response and help out in small way I can

__CrazyCat__ #14 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Corporal

• 2023 battles

View PostNocturnZing, on 25 June 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

All these exist, if someone bothers to visit the wiki and/or the forums and/or youtube. 

Yes it exists but most nubs either do not go looking for them or do not know how. Simple tutorials here would help to improve the base standard of players here.

NocturnZing #15 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

Corporal

• 3228 battles
  • [NZ]

View Post__CrazyCat__, on 25 June 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

Yes it exists but most nubs either do not go looking for them or do not know how. Simple tutorials here would help to improve the base standard of players here.

If a player doesn't know of the game site/wiki/YT as a starting point, chances are he doesn't know of forum either, so adding tutes here might not reach intended target.

__CrazyCat__ #16 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

Corporal

• 2023 battles

View PostNocturnZing, on 25 June 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

If a player doesn't know of the game site/wiki/YT as a starting point, chances are he doesn't know of forum either, so adding tutes here might not reach intended target.

I didn't mean adding tutorials here, I meant adding additional tutorials in the game client - like when you first start an account and it teaches you how to move and shoot. They should go further with those tutorials or even make them 'optional' if players already know and cannot be bothered to do them.

NocturnZing #17 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:44 PM

Corporal

• 3228 battles
  • [NZ]

View Post__CrazyCat__, on 25 June 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

I didn't mean adding tutorials here, I meant adding additional tutorials in the game client - like when you first start an account and it teaches you how to move and shoot. They should go further with those tutorials or even make them 'optional' if players already know and cannot be bothered to do them.

WG isn't likely to risk impacting its revenue by making players better from the start, sealclubbers would definitely not support new players being well trained lol

__CrazyCat__ #18 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:59 PM

Corporal

• 2023 battles

View PostNocturnZing, on 25 June 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

WG isn't likely to risk impacting its revenue by making players better from the start, sealclubbers would definitely not support new players being well trained lol

Many of those new players will leave after the abuse they get and constantly losing due to not knowing how to play. Teach them the basics early on and they might stay and try to become better - this will impact their revenue in a good way, not a bad way.

WG supports community contributors such as Bushka that help players to learn, so why not just do it in game as well.

Edited by __CrazyCat__, 25 June 2018 - 03:00 PM.

NocturnZing #19 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

Corporal

• 3228 battles
  • [NZ]

View Post__CrazyCat__, on 25 June 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

Many of those new players will leave after the abuse they get and constantly losing due to not knowing how to play. Teach them the basics early on and they might stay and try to become better - this will impact their revenue in a good way, not a bad way.

New players who leave quickly aren't the ones who are going to spend money on the game anyways, they are the ones here 'free to play'.

The new players who remain even after the abuse are the ones who will most likely buy/spend gold to get new tanks and premium hours, they will learn slow or learn fast, that's up to how they use the existing resources.

Edited by NocturnZing, 25 June 2018 - 03:03 PM.

bigben21 #20 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

View Post__CrazyCat__, on 25 June 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

Yes agreeable. They existed but were everywhere. I was losing quite a lot when I was in t7 and up (relatively new with about 7000 games) and I wanted to find out how I can improve. That was when I first visited the forum. 

I was fortunate because I came across threads on the topic “side scrapping” and “hull down” when I visited the forum. Only then did I realised there are so many advanced skills. That is how I started my learning journey, not in this forum though. I had to google the topic and found them in youtube which is in another media. In additional, I didn’t know which are the good and reliable videos to watch. It took me some time to identify them. 

Yes WG should make these learning videos/tutorials more readily accessible and create more awareness of their existence. Players should not depend on luck or have to hunt for those tutorials. Like this thread a few of us had make known our concerns in a previous thread and some had submitted tickets. But the process is pretty slow.

Anyway, good thing is that we see more contents recently which is still a good start. Of course more needs to be done.

Edited by bigben21, 25 June 2018 - 03:28 PM.

Also tagged with New Players, Inexperienced, Noobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users