How do I use HE shells effectively?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

apeliott #1 Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

Sergeant

• 17580 battles
  • [TBD]

I honestly don't know the best way to use HE shells so I just use the AP shells and they seem to work just fine.

Whenever I try HE I get hardly any damage.

I get the feeling I'm missing out on something. So;

A) Should I be using them?

B) HOW should I be using them?

CarvinMarvin #2 Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Captain

• 22450 battles

View Postapeliott, on 03 January 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

I honestly don't know the best way to use HE shells so I just use the AP shells and they seem to work just fine.

Whenever I try HE I get hardly any damage.

I get the feeling I'm missing out on something. So;

A) Should I be using them?

B) HOW should I be using them?

To answer question 1 we really need to know what you are driving. For example the answer is very different if you are driving a stock SU-152 as opposed to a 75mm armed M4 Sherman. And that also answers question 2.

With the SU the answer is pretty much, yes you should. Pretty much constantly. Aim at grey, or failing that yellow. With the Sherman the answer would be, very rarely in very limited circumstances, and basically if you have a shot that has to do at least some damage, like resetting a cap, or in the rare circumstances you get a clear lined up shot into the back of an open topped TD where the aim is basically entirely grey.

Despreaux #3 Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles

Use them if you are on a high caliber gun or if the enemies armor is just that bad. If you can get the enemies rear you may kill them effectively. HE is a good tool to damage enemy tracks or to reset caps if you cant make a pen shoot

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users