Good Tank Lines to Grind

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

EH_Samarth #1 Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:37 AM

Corporal

• 20592 battles
  • [-SQ-]

So , you've started blitz off and your searching for your first T10 tank to grind . Do you look at the stats provided in game ? How much % armour the tank has ?. Well not quite each of those stats provided can be very misleading for newer players and often the information about tanks provided in game is minimal .To choose the right tank for yourself , you have to first decide what type of tank your looking to play , a medium , heavy etc . Each type of tank has an entirely different style of play , however just as a recommendation ,some tanks at T10 are much better to avoid as your first T10 .

T10 Tanks to Avoid

Heavy : Fv215b and AMX50B

Medium : Leopard 1, Stb 1 , Fv4202 and the 121 

TD :  AMX 50 Foch and the E3 

Light : Bat chat 

Why ? Well each of these tanks are great when used properly , however in the hands of someone who's inexperienced , they will be an absolute punish due to the fact that they allow for minimal mistakes . 

In general , when choosing your first t10 , you should also take into account how difficult the line itself is to grind , the 183 may seem like an absolute beast , but It's grind can be quite tough for newer players . In general some of the easiest and friendly tank lines to grind for newer players are (One nation in particular is very common ) 

Easiest Lines : MT: T62A/140 Line 

HT : IS7 Line 

Fairly Easy :    HT: IS4 Line , Maus Line and E100 Line 

Moderate :  TD: Obj 263 , Jg E100 and E4 (The 263 and E4 Lines can be difficult if you dislike their varying styles) 

Please Understand that these suggestions are to a certain degree biased by what I have experienced , but I hope it helps  

Edited by EH_Samarth, 14 February 2018 - 06:02 AM.

Nova_Spirit #2 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7961 battles
  • [SEAL]
Tiger 2 can suck my [edited]

Klea__ #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

Sergeant

• 2398 battles
  • [VAD]

View PostNova_Spirit, on 11 February 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Tiger 2 can suck my [edited]

toaster, nashorn, st Emil is even worse. but the tank behind them is gonna be a beast, sure it will take some time. my review on the toaster is dat the middle gun reload is the reload of stock stug 3.

" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers

Diamond114 #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• 16053 battles
  • [408]

View PostKlea__, on 12 February 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

toaster, nashorn, st Emil is even worse. but the tank behind them is gonna be a beast, sure it will take some time. my review on the toaster is dat the middle gun reload is the reload of stock stug 3.

​ I love the Toaster. Put the middle 88mm L/56 and play sneaky like a Hellcat. With the large gun arc and fast traverse you can also fight back against anyone circling you.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

hunter689 #5 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 12714 battles
  • [-BR-]

View PostEH_Samarth

Medium Tanks : T62A/Obj140 Line 

Heavy Tanks : IS4 Line , IS7 Line , Maus Line and E100 Line (Tiger 2 is a tough one though) 

TD's : Obj 263 Line and  Jg E100 Line 

From what ive faced that 263 line is not easy at all, t7-9 tanks are super fragile and can only be played if you know the map knowledge. So obj268 is better line.

Is-7 line is better for beginning than is-4 as in is4 line t6-8 tanks are very slow and hard to master for a new player where the only strength is side scraping, whereas is-7 line throughout provides mobility and forgives lil mistakes.

EH_Samarth #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:08 AM

Corporal

• 20592 battles
  • [-SQ-]

View Posthunter689, on 12 February 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

From what ive faced that 263 line is not easy at all, t7-9 tanks are super fragile and can only be played if you know the map knowledge. So obj268 is better line.

Is-7 line is better for beginning than is-4 as in is4 line t6-8 tanks are very slow and hard to master for a new player where the only strength is side scraping, whereas is-7 line throughout provides mobility and forgives lil mistakes.

Yep I've gotta admit the IS-7 line is definitely easier than the IS-4 line at the beginning , but in general the is4 line isn't too difficult either compared to some lines , the T6 to T8 are tough initially but they get better .The 263 line being included is perhaps partially biased  but they arn't that fragile , and their mobility and dpm make them quite powerful tanks to play , the gun depression and the lack of a turret is tough (E4 Line is much better for this purpose) but again it comes to personal preference as to what you like .

Edited by EH_Samarth, 13 February 2018 - 08:09 AM.

Lord_Melchett #7 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 27734 battles
  • [1914]

When I started taking the game seriously, I was advised to grind the Russian medium line first.  It was good advice.  There are no dud tanks in the line.  They are all solid to good, even excellent, performers.

My next tier 10s were both Russian heavies.  I ground both lines together.  Between them, you will learn most aspects of heavy tank play, as some are excellent sidescrapers with lots of armour, and others are more mobile.  They all have Russian troll guns, though.

So my advice would be to start with Russian mediums and/or heavies.

EH_Samarth #8 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:05 AM

Corporal

• 20592 battles
  • [-SQ-]

View PostLord_Melchett, on 14 February 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

When I started taking the game seriously, I was advised to grind the Russian medium line first.  It was good advice.  There are no dud tanks in the line.  They are all solid to good, even excellent, performers.

My next tier 10s were both Russian heavies.  I ground both lines together.  Between them, you will learn most aspects of heavy tank play, as some are excellent sidescrapers with lots of armour, and others are more mobile.  They all have Russian troll guns, though.

So my advice would be to start with Russian mediums and/or heavies.

Added to the original guide .

View Posthunter689, on 12 February 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

This has been amended so newer players are warned that the lines were difficult 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users