Trouble playing Russian tanks

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Neb10k #21 Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

Captain

• 51400 battles
  • [HAVOC]
Erwin - KV3 is a great tank.

It will always be slow to aim. Full crew and equipment helps a bit. But  even when aimed, the gunner is drunk. So don’t play a distance battle. Take it in close and smash people. Then sidescrape. It can hulldown too.

It is a strange tank in retrospect, having played it a lot a while ago. The rhythm is different. It’s a bit like KV1S but 10x tougher. You can hit then bounce shots in the reload  it you position correctly.

It can hold positions and can attack too. Surprisingly fast on the front line. It makes credits too.

It’s a beast of tank - hope you like it.

erwin10001 #22 Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• 26181 battles
  • [SEALZ]

View PostNeb10k, on 27 February 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Erwin - KV3 is a great tank.

It will always be slow to aim. Full crew and equipment helps a bit. But even when aimed, the gunner is drunk. So don’t play a distance battle. Take it in close and smash people. Then sidescrape. It can hulldown too.

It is a strange tank in retrospect, having played it a lot a while ago. The rhythm is different. It’s a bit like KV1S but 10x tougher. You can hit then bounce shots in the reload it you position correctly.

It can hold positions and can attack too. Surprisingly fast on the front line. It makes credits too.

It’s a beast of tank - hope you like it.

Thanks, I still find it really slow, so it suffers from the usual problem of your teammates all dying while it reloads, but it is a tank to support a platoonmate in a faster HT or MT. I think I fired a little too much prammo, but because my team was losing badly, i wanted 100% certainty of kills. 

Ronnel_999 #23 Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:02 AM

Sergeant

• 16341 battles
  • [HJG]

View Posterwin10001, on 10 March 2018 - 04:41 AM, said:

Thanks, I still find it really slow, so it suffers from the usual problem of your teammates all dying while it reloads, but it is a tank to support a platoonmate in a faster HT or MT. I think I fired a little too much prammo, but because my team was losing badly, i wanted 100% certainty of kills. 

Very impressive!!!

The_Bengal_Tiger #24 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:30 AM

Corporal

• 7033 battles
  • [-UR-]
I have problems playing the IS-7 line... Well, if you see my garage you'll see Biased Soviet wonderland. All Russian tanks *USSR anthem runs in the background* in my garage except the Leopard 1 line. With the tanks of the IS-7 line, it just seems impossible to play good. I only do 1x-1.25x average damage of my own hp in these heavies. I fail to learn these heavies to be honest.... I was so disappointed when I got the IS-8. Well I recently got the IS-7 and gonna try it out after getting a rammer equipped. I haven't tried the IS-4 line yet. But the Russian Meds line, German Lights and Stalin's Derp + Rof line feel so great that I can do 1.5-1.9x avg dmg of my own hp :child:. I loved the T-43, ISU-152, SU-152, T-34-85, T-34, SU-100(Y too), SU-100M1 and Obj. 704 plus all the Nazi Lights. I got dissapointed after getting 268 as even 704 seems better than it :facepalm:. Gonna try out other nation's lines soon. So yeah.. Heavies aren't my type. I'm more of a Lights, Meds and TD driver.
RAWR. A tiger cub driving a tank. Must serve humanity with Non-Profit Comedy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users