Jump to content


Trouble playing Russian tanks


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Neb10k #21 Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 54078 battles
  • 1,232
  • [KR0N0]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Erwin - KV3 is a great tank.

It will always be slow to aim. Full crew and equipment helps a bit. But  even when aimed, the gunner is drunk. So don’t play a distance battle. Take it in close and smash people. Then sidescrape. It can hulldown too.

It is a strange tank in retrospect, having played it a lot a while ago. The rhythm is different. It’s a bit like KV1S but 10x tougher. You can hit then bounce shots in the reload  it you position correctly.

It can hold positions and can attack too. Surprisingly fast on the front line. It makes credits too.

It’s a beast of tank - hope you like it.

erwin10001 #22 Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:41 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 30112 battles
  • 572
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

View PostNeb10k, on 27 February 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Erwin - KV3 is a great tank.

It will always be slow to aim. Full crew and equipment helps a bit. But even when aimed, the gunner is drunk. So don’t play a distance battle. Take it in close and smash people. Then sidescrape. It can hulldown too.

It is a strange tank in retrospect, having played it a lot a while ago. The rhythm is different. It’s a bit like KV1S but 10x tougher. You can hit then bounce shots in the reload it you position correctly.

It can hold positions and can attack too. Surprisingly fast on the front line. It makes credits too.

It’s a beast of tank - hope you like it.

Thanks, I still find it really slow, so it suffers from the usual problem of your teammates all dying while it reloads, but it is a tank to support a platoonmate in a faster HT or MT. I think I fired a little too much prammo, but because my team was losing badly, i wanted 100% certainty of kills. 

Ronnel_999 #23 Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:02 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 19208 battles
  • 199
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

View Posterwin10001, on 10 March 2018 - 04:41 AM, said:

Thanks, I still find it really slow, so it suffers from the usual problem of your teammates all dying while it reloads, but it is a tank to support a platoonmate in a faster HT or MT. I think I fired a little too much prammo, but because my team was losing badly, i wanted 100% certainty of kills. 

 

Very impressive!!!
 

The_Bengal_Tiger #24 Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:30 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 9400 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    02-01-2017
I have problems playing the IS-7 line... Well, if you see my garage you'll see Biased Soviet wonderland. All Russian tanks *USSR anthem runs in the background* in my garage except the Leopard 1 line. With the tanks of the IS-7 line, it just seems impossible to play good. I only do 1x-1.25x average damage of my own hp in these heavies. I fail to learn these heavies to be honest.... I was so disappointed when I got the IS-8. Well I recently got the IS-7 and gonna try it out after getting a rammer equipped. I haven't tried the IS-4 line yet. But the Russian Meds line, German Lights and Stalin's Derp + Rof line feel so great that I can do 1.5-1.9x avg dmg of my own hp :child:. I loved the T-43, ISU-152, SU-152, T-34-85, T-34, SU-100(Y too), SU-100M1 and Obj. 704 plus all the Nazi Lights. I got dissapointed after getting 268 as even 704 seems better than it :facepalm:. Gonna try out other nation's lines soon. So yeah.. Heavies aren't my type. I'm more of a Lights, Meds and TD driver.
RAWR. A tiger cub driving a tank. Must serve humanity with Non-Profit Comedy.

Neb10k #25 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:28 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 54078 battles
  • 1,232
  • [KR0N0]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostLord_Melchett, on 23 February 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

Lights are my weakest tanks, so I have put some effort into learning how to be successful in them.

 

The single most important thing that I have done (i.e. I have my best games when I do it) is to concentrate on not being shot.  Don't worry about putting out damage, so much as preserving hit points.  For example:

  • don't yolo
  • spot conservatively by rushing from cover to cover, resetting camo each time
  • when you spot some reds, stop there, reset camo, peek out to respot them (assuming you have snipers over your shoulder)
  • if you are spotting up reds, and are unspotted yourself, don't shoot unless you can get back in hard cover immediately - once you shoot, your camo rating goes back to base
  • if you are not spotting reds for teammates or getting shots without being shot, relocate to a more useful position
  • don't hit point trade, unless its the end game
  • if you get pushed by anything other than a low hit point light, run away immediately

 

Obviously, there will be exceptions, like when all reds are spotted, or nearly all dead, and there is an isolated heavy or td that you can circle, but I have found that concentrating on not getting shot works the best for me in the beginning and midgame.

 

What he said.



Neb10k #26 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:30 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 54078 battles
  • 1,232
  • [KR0N0]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostThe_Bengal_Tiger, on 22 March 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

I have problems playing the IS-7 line... Well, if you see my garage you'll see Biased Soviet wonderland. All Russian tanks *USSR anthem runs in the background* in my garage except the Leopard 1 line. With the tanks of the IS-7 line, it just seems impossible to play good. I only do 1x-1.25x average damage of my own hp in these heavies. I fail to learn these heavies to be honest.... I was so disappointed when I got the IS-8. Well I recently got the IS-7 and gonna try it out after getting a rammer equipped. I haven't tried the IS-4 line yet. But the Russian Meds line, German Lights and Stalin's Derp + Rof line feel so great that I can do 1.5-1.9x avg dmg of my own hp :child:. I loved the T-43, ISU-152, SU-152, T-34-85, T-34, SU-100(Y too), SU-100M1 and Obj. 704 plus all the Nazi Lights. I got dissapointed after getting 268 as even 704 seems better than it :facepalm:. Gonna try out other nation's lines soon. So yeah.. Heavies aren't my type. I'm more of a Lights, Meds and TD driver.

 

How did you go with KV1?

 

65% WR. You should be good with that line - though IS8 is an odd-one-out.

 

 


Edited by Neb10k, 04 July 2018 - 04:32 AM.


Ronnel_999 #27 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 19208 battles
  • 199
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

Hi lads!
Since I started this thread, I think it's fair to give some updates about my "now Russian tank driving skills". When I started this thread, I was 48% and now I'm at 51.50% win rate but still sux driving Russian tanks. Yes there are some Russian tanks that I can play a bit okay now like the A-20, SU-100Y and some lower tier Russian tanks but still no joy for me. I found that as the tiers go higher, I sux more especially with the big derpy guns. Yes my overall Russian tank stats increased a bit but it's so micro that it's not really much of an improvement. I gave up on my IS5 because before it was 51% and now it's 45%. I have unlocked several tanks like the ISU-152, and IS8 but I won't be getting them nor continuing the line. I also stopped playing my IS4 and T-62A. I think the problem is not with Russian tanks but it's because of my bad driving and my tanking skills is not yet for higher tiers. 

My solution is to play more on low and mid tiers and would probably be staying at tier 6 tops. I found out that I can still carry at tier 6 but at tier 7 and up, my wn8 drops and my ability to carry drops big time too. What I found out after reviewing my stats is that I sux using tanks that are too fast, no armor, with derpy guns and autoloaders. But my biggest mistake is rushing up too fast. Now I'm keeping a good collection of low tier tanks and will try to re-learn the game again. After nearly 20,000 battles, I'm back at tier 2... hehehe :)






3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users