Jump to content


Trouble playing Russian tanks


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Ronnel_999 #1 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21478 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017
This could be long... my apologies.

I rushed up the Russian line and was able to reach T-62A and ST-i, IS-3, T54, ltwt and currently hoping to reach SU-152. I also have a Su-100Y, Mod.1, IS-5 and T-34-85 Victory which I really love. I really love Russian tanks but I never really learned how to play them well. I have 905 battles on my T-34-85 Victory but with only 48% win rate. I have been trying but just couldn't make them work for me. Example: my T-62A has a mediocre 33% out of 110 battles and that's how laughable my stats are. To make things more funny, most of my vehicles are loaded with equipment up to the last 7th and 8th slots. I also use full provisions and I'm not scared of spamming prammo, this means that my tanks are in their top shape/condition but with a bad driver :(

Swallowing my pride, I went back to lower tiers and really like playing there. Recently I noticed that I'm more comfortable with British tanks like the Cruiser IV. I do have a DW2 and A-20 which are working quite fine but I'm more relaxed with fast nimble tanks with gun depression. Recently I bought a Cromwell B and just played it like a Cruiser IV and it looks like it's working OK for me. A few days back, I bought back some old tanks that I neglected grinding but I'm still in doubt if I should continue grinding for higher tier tanks because as of now I really enjoy playing lower tiers.

I would really like to be good at playing Russian tanks but after so many battles I just couldn't make it work. I'm sure that there are some players here who loved a certain tank line but noticed that it wasn't for them, do you still push and try to learn how to play them or just move on?

As of now most of my higher tier tanks are just collecting dust in their garage. I know that if I want to learn how to use them that I must use them more frequently but with my mediocre skills it's just not working well. I did try to take them out for a spin today and the results were quite OK but same thing happened when I took my T-62A out again (3 losses, 1 win). I do platoon sometimes but mostly I'm solo. I found out that platooning can sometimes be a blessing (green, blue and purple) but more often they are a burden especially when I'm platooned up with a potato driver like myself.

Many say that Russian tanks are noob-friendly and that's why I like them (plus Russians are sexy :) ) I really like to continue going up the Russian line and continue playing my Victory. IS5 and Mod 1 but I really suck... Does anybody here have the same problem as mine?

Klea__ #2 Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2381 battles
  • 225
  • [VAD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2018
I don't have any problem playing Russian tanks. if they play bad for you ( noob-friendly tanks ), try the U.S tanks, they good but require some bit of skills. otherwise it seems u like nimble tanks so try the German lights ( ur up the SP1C I think so try progressing in the ru 251 ). its all I can give as tips, not too much of experienced here. I hope it helps :) oh and if u still experience trouble with Russian tanks, playing them like the other nations can also help I think so.

" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers


bigben21 #3 Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:31 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 19397 battles
  • 353
  • [ARMYE]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

Key is knowing the characteristics of the tank and know its role well. Russian tanks are noob friendly imo. I like tanks with gun depression hence my obj140 is doing better than 62a. Also the reason why i went for the American line.

 

I seldom platoon.

 

Most of the russians can do hull down, not exactly a hull down monster but good enough to bounce a few shots sometime. So make use of ridges to hull down except for those without gun depression like t62. For meds it always quick peekaboo play either over the ridge or flat behind hard cover for t62a. When scouting always have team behind u for support, or move closer to the side where you are likely to get enough support from teammates. Move cautiously n not rush without waiting for team. And don’t engage first, wait for team to be already, Becos hitpoints trade isn’t meds forte. Lts play style is almost similar only that u need to play more cautiously and rely more on camo and always relocating from cover to cover to be more effective. It is also alright to run away if you find yourself under heavy fire without enough support. When dealing with 2vs1 situation at the end of the game, run away let the enemies chase u. Isolate one and go 1v1. Wriggle the tank side to side n face hug when 1vs1. The low profile of the russian meds is an edge over enemies without gun depression. When doing face hug, move away from enemy gun. Bushka has got quite a good video on this.

 

After your team had engaged the enemies see if the hts can hold. If there is a stalemate, e.g neither team can kill off each other, then a lt or med can may sometimes be good to flank enemies from the side. But don’t go around the map to do this.... for obvious reason. Flank when u have most ememies spotted in the area. If 1 or 2 tds are not spotted yet do consider carefully before taking such risky moves.

 

Russian hts are bully. But play close range battle not sniping with russian hts. If u see one sniping most likely he is a noob. Problem is with the gun. Long reload, long aim time, inaccurate. Imo key in playing well in russian hts is not moving the gun too much. Always anticipate where the target is likely to pop out. Have the gun already aiming in the direction to reduce the bloom. Such play allows u to shorten the aim time, reducing the chance of missing the shot, and doing maximum possible damage to the target.

 

Other players may have other ideas how to play the russians. Would appreciate if u guys can share.


Edited by bigben21, 01 February 2018 - 02:50 AM.


Ronnel_999 #4 Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:38 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21478 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

View PostKlea__, on 31 January 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

I don't have any problem playing Russian tanks. if they play bad for you ( noob-friendly tanks ), try the U.S tanks, they good but require some bit of skills. otherwise it seems u like nimble tanks so try the German lights ( ur up the SP1C I think so try progressing in the ru 251 ). its all I can give as tips, not too much of experienced here. I hope it helps :) oh and if u still experience trouble with Russian tanks, playing them like the other nations can also help I think so.

 

US and Russian tank lines were the first lines that I rushed grinding when I was new in Blitz and both have mediocre stats. I have reached Pershing and T29 but again my stats are laughable. About German tanks, my highest tier tank is SP1C which I also rushed grinding. My Dw2 and Pz Anko stats are quite OK and should probably try going up the German heavy line. I don't know why but it seems that my stats favor German and British tanks but I was hoping that it should be Russian because I really love the Russian tank line.

About grinding for the RU 251, I think I'm not that good of a light tank driver and will only be a burden to my team. I do well in lower tiers driving light tanks but anybody can be successful playing in low tiers with any tank... For me the problem starts at tier 7 and upwards because there are lots of better players up there. Yes there are also lots of noobs playing at tier 7 and up but it is easier to carry at lower tiers and the biggest problem is I easily noob-out at higher tiers.

I really do like to learn how to play the Russian tanks especially that I already have most of them, the problem is that it's so hard to get consistent results. Or maybe I should just play at lower tiers until I learn more skills??? Or maybe just play my Tetrarch and be a pest in tier 2... at least it Russian, but again it's British, lol!

Ronnel_999 #5 Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:14 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21478 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

View Postbigben21, on 01 February 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

Key is knowing the characteristics of the tank and know its role well. Russian tanks are noob friendly imo. I like tanks with gun depression hence my obj140 is doing better than 62a. Also the reason why i went for the American line.

 

I seldom platoon.

 

Most of the russians can do hull down, not exactly a hull down monster but good enough to bounce a few shots sometime. So make use of ridges to hull down except for those without gun depression like t62. For meds it always quick peekaboo play either over the ridge or flat behind hard cover for t62a. When scouting always have team behind u for support, or move closer to the side where you are likely to get enough support from teammates. Move cautiously n not rush without waiting for team. And don’t engage first, wait for team to be already, Becos hitpoints trade isn’t meds forte. Lts play style is almost similar only that u need to play more cautiously and rely more on camo and always relocating from cover to cover to be more effective. It is also alright to run away if you find yourself under heavy fire without enough support. When dealing with 2vs1 situation at the end of the game, run away let the enemies chase u. Isolate one and go 1v1. Wriggle the tank side to side n face hug when 1vs1. The low profile of the russian meds is an edge over enemies without gun depression. When doing face hug, move away from enemy gun. Bushka has got quite a good video on this.

 

After your team had engaged the enemies see if the hts can hold. If there is a stalemate, e.g neither team can kill off each other, then a lt or med can may sometimes be good to flank enemies from the side. But don’t go around the map to do this.... for obvious reason. Flank when u have most ememies spotted in the area. If 1 or 2 tds are not spotted yet do consider carefully before taking such risky moves.

 

Russian hts are bully. But play close range battle not sniping with russian hts. If u see one sniping most likely he is a noob. Problem is with the gun. Long reload, long aim time, inaccurate. Imo key in playing well in russian hts is not moving the gun too much. Always anticipate where the target is likely to pop out. Have the gun already aiming in the direction to reduce the bloom. Such play allows u to shorten the aim time, reducing the chance of missing the shot, and doing maximum possible damage to the target.

 

Other players may have other ideas how to play the russians. Would appreciate if u guys can share.

 

Thank you very much bigben21!

With your advice I think I have spotted some of my common mistakes like scouting without much support from my teammates especially at higher tiers. Maybe I'm just a bit unlucky to have lots of games where I push on spotting then my back-up disappears. I do try to run away but often I panic. Another is that I'm usually in front especially in a Russian tank, maybe I trust too much of it's armor and should play more passively. Usually when I'm using Russian heavy tanks I'm the one holding the line (KV1, KV4, STI). Often I use the same tactic on my T-62A, holding the line and hull down but I get deleted often. I do try to use cammo value but often get detected especially when I'm scouting. I find that it is very hard to scout and not be detected at higher tier battles. I do try to use cover but again those guys playing at higher tier are sharpshooters and often I get derped without knowing who shot me. At lower tiers it is much easier because most teammates are closer but at higher tiers I find that I often get instructed to push alone. If I stay with the group then I'll get raged. I know it's my job to scout but I guess I'm not good at hiding. I do try to run away when I get chased but often I panic and die. Peek-a-boom, I do use it but honestly I'm not that good with it. I do try to wiggle a lot and do bounce some shells but I'm not consistent.

Recently I noticed that after going back to lower tiers that the playstyle I'm most comfortable and successful with now is the A-20 and Cromwell's playstyle. I went to another account and played the Dracula and was quite successful. I'm now trying to use what I recently learned for Russian meds but I just couldn't make it work. It did work a bit for the LTTB and T-54 ltwt but again it's not consistent. Another thing is that I really have very bad aiming skills and I'm really having problems with Russian guns. Will try to learn how to anticipate target's movements and as you've said "the bloom", this is my major problem cause a little movement of the mouse and WASD and the bloom becomes so big that often I couldn't hit anything the size of a barn. Maybe I move too much that's why I keep on missing shots.

I will try to learn what you said. Going back to tanking 101... Many thanks for your advice!!

Klea__ #6 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:38 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2381 battles
  • 225
  • [VAD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2018

View PostRonnel_999, on 01 February 2018 - 02:38 AM, said:

 

US and Russian tank lines were the first lines that I rushed grinding when I was new in Blitz and both have mediocre stats. I have reached Pershing and T29 but again my stats are laughable. About German tanks, my highest tier tank is SP1C which I also rushed grinding. My Dw2 and Pz Anko stats are quite OK and should probably try going up the German heavy line. I don't know why but it seems that my stats favor German and British tanks but I was hoping that it should be Russian because I really love the Russian tank line.

About grinding for the RU 251, I think I'm not that good of a light tank driver and will only be a burden to my team. I do well in lower tiers driving light tanks but anybody can be successful playing in low tiers with any tank... For me the problem starts at tier 7 and upwards because there are lots of better players up there. Yes there are also lots of noobs playing at tier 7 and up but it is easier to carry at lower tiers and the biggest problem is I easily noob-out at higher tiers.

I really do like to learn how to play the Russian tanks especially that I already have most of them, the problem is that it's so hard to get consistent results. Or maybe I should just play at lower tiers until I learn more skills??? Or maybe just play my Tetrarch and be a pest in tier 2... at least it Russian, but again it's British, lol!

russian tanks on low tiers can suck ( t-46 ), but at higher tiers can give some nice results ( after I got kv1s, started to like the Russians. ). very true with the tds there. if u want to go German heavy tanks, yeh can go they are nice tanks ( luchs which I have is a monster when played properly ). I heard e 100 is a nice tank.

 

View PostRonnel_999, on 01 February 2018 - 07:14 AM

 

Thank you very much bigben21!

With your advice I think I have spotted some of my common mistakes like scouting without much support from my teammates especially at higher tiers. Maybe I'm just a bit unlucky to have lots of games where I push on spotting then my back-up disappears. I do try to run away but often I panic. Another is that I'm usually in front especially in a Russian tank, maybe I trust too much of it's armor and should play more passively. Usually when I'm using Russian heavy tanks I'm the one holding the line (KV1, KV4, STI). Often I use the same tactic on my T-62A, holding the line and hull down but I get deleted often. I do try to use cammo value but often get detected especially when I'm scouting. I find that it is very hard to scout and not be detected at higher tier battles. I do try to use cover but again those guys playing at higher tier are sharpshooters and often I get derped without knowing who shot me. At lower tiers it is much easier because most teammates are closer but at higher tiers I find that I often get instructed to push alone. If I stay with the group then I'll get raged. I know it's my job to scout but I guess I'm not good at hiding. I do try to run away when I get chased but often I panic and die. Peek-a-boom, I do use it but honestly I'm not that good with it. I do try to wiggle a lot and do bounce some shells but I'm not consistent.

Recently I noticed that after going back to lower tiers that the playstyle I'm most comfortable and successful with now is the A-20 and Cromwell's playstyle. I went to another account and played the Dracula and was quite successful. I'm now trying to use what I recently learned for Russian meds but I just couldn't make it work. It did work a bit for the LTTB and T-54 ltwt but again it's not consistent. Another thing is that I really have very bad aiming skills and I'm really having problems with Russian guns. Will try to learn how to anticipate target's movements and as you've said "the bloom", this is my major problem cause a little movement of the mouse and WASD and the bloom becomes so big that often I couldn't hit anything the size of a barn. Maybe I move too much that's why I keep on missing shots.

I will try to learn what you said. Going back to tanking 101... Many thanks for your advice!!

it takes some battles to learn a lot in the tanks. for me I don't usually scout ( driving with my team ), instead I distract opponents so snipers get their recticle to shrink and shoot. but I rarely see a team do that. it seems its not u dat goes down, its the team. so try ur best and lets hope u can get used to russian tanks.


" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers


bigben21 #7 Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 19397 battles
  • 353
  • [ARMYE]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

View PostRonnel_999, on 01 February 2018 - 07:14 AM, said:

 

Thank you very much bigben21!

With your advice I think I have spotted some of my common mistakes like scouting without much support from my teammates especially at higher tiers. Maybe I'm just a bit unlucky to have lots of games where I push on spotting then my back-up disappears. I do try to run away but often I panic. Another is that I'm usually in front especially in a Russian tank, maybe I trust too much of it's armor and should play more passively. Usually when I'm using Russian heavy tanks I'm the one holding the line (KV1, KV4, STI). Often I use the same tactic on my T-62A, holding the line and hull down but I get deleted often. I do try to use cammo value but often get detected especially when I'm scouting. I find that it is very hard to scout and not be detected at higher tier battles. I do try to use cover but again those guys playing at higher tier are sharpshooters and often I get derped without knowing who shot me. At lower tiers it is much easier because most teammates are closer but at higher tiers I find that I often get instructed to push alone. If I stay with the group then I'll get raged. I know it's my job to scout but I guess I'm not good at hiding. I do try to run away when I get chased but often I panic and die. Peek-a-boom, I do use it but honestly I'm not that good with it. I do try to wiggle a lot and do bounce some shells but I'm not consistent.

Recently I noticed that after going back to lower tiers that the playstyle I'm most comfortable and successful with now is the A-20 and Cromwell's playstyle. I went to another account and played the Dracula and was quite successful. I'm now trying to use what I recently learned for Russian meds but I just couldn't make it work. It did work a bit for the LTTB and T-54 ltwt but again it's not consistent. Another thing is that I really have very bad aiming skills and I'm really having problems with Russian guns. Will try to learn how to anticipate target's movements and as you've said "the bloom", this is my major problem cause a little movement of the mouse and WASD and the bloom becomes so big that often I couldn't hit anything the size of a barn. Maybe I move too much that's why I keep on missing shots.

I will try to learn what you said. Going back to tanking 101... Many thanks for your advice!!

 

Scouting in higher tier is not so straightforward as there are many experienced players around who can chew u once u r spotted. Also in higer tiers u need to decide who u wanna spot first... e.g hts? Meds? If red has 5 hts whereas your team has only 2 or 3 or even none, do u wanna engage them? Most likely not.

 

Hence, do not go the direction where u r likely to find the 5 hungry enemy hts waiting to eat u up. Instead go the the area where u r likely to find the other 2 lone wolves and u devour them with your team then turn to the 5 hts and win them based on speed n in numbers. This is of course theory, win or lose will also depend on how good your team is. But I have personally experienced a few occasions that we annihilated the enemy team of 5-6 hts convincingly with our team consisting of only meds n lts. Key is staying alive n do as much damage, fight with number superiority. Small maps u split and flank. Stay together in bigger maps.

 

So u will have situations when (a) teammates asking team to head towards not the usual direction. “Good” Experienced players will know whether its a good call. If the team is good they will respond to the call if they know its good. And u know you r in a good team n the chances of winning is higher. If the team decides to go separate ways u already know u r in for a long lonely nite..... So do not always think that there is only one way the tanks should go. It depends on match make and how to gain superiority in numbers and advantage.

 

Also meds are not built to hit point trade or to stay in the frontline. Hence do not engage right away. Use ridges to spot. Roll back once u have spotted the enemies. Reset camo then relocate to a safer spot with protection from ur team. Then u engage them a.k.a flanking depending where u move to.


Edited by bigben21, 01 February 2018 - 10:34 AM.


Ronnel_999 #8 Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21478 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017
Thanks bigben21 for your advice.

By the way, did you notice that there are lots of new players playing high tiers now and just mindlessly playing. 5 straight losses using my IS5. Four of the games lasted only less than 2 minutes. 3 games where the TDs rushed like light tanks. There was a even a Borsig who rushed in like a formula 1 car then raged in chat calling everybody noobs because he got derped without shooting his gun, lol! I was able to do some damage but it's super hard to survive when most of the team have only a few thousand battles and 43% wn8 and below. On another game there was again a Borsig who was sidescraping against an KV4 and another T49 face-hugging a Lowe, a T34 who I thought was AFK but moved when all was dead and was lucky enough to get a kill then typed "EZ" before getting blasted away. I think I was the only one using APCR but I did see some mediums using HE and trading shots with an AT15, lol! I don't know if it's about the new match making or people just got extra suicidal???

Klea__ #9 Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2381 battles
  • 225
  • [VAD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2018

View PostRonnel_999, on 01 February 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Thanks bigben21 for your advice.

By the way, did you notice that there are lots of new players playing high tiers now and just mindlessly playing. 5 straight losses using my IS5. Four of the games lasted only less than 2 minutes. 3 games where the TDs rushed like light tanks. There was a even a Borsig who rushed in like a formula 1 car then raged in chat calling everybody noobs because he got derped without shooting his gun, lol! I was able to do some damage but it's super hard to survive when most of the team have only a few thousand battles and 43% wn8 and below. On another game there was again a Borsig who was sidescraping against an KV4 and another T49 face-hugging a Lowe, a T34 who I thought was AFK but moved when all was dead and was lucky enough to get a kill then typed "EZ" before getting blasted away. I think I was the only one using APCR but I did see some mediums using HE and trading shots with an AT15, lol! I don't know if it's about the new match making or people just got extra suicidal???

 

ughhh this damn quote is  true. my teammates suck sucks, never listen to me. the damn light tanks go last, tds go first. and then they YOLO. then they say " noob idc about u", what I say is true. that borsig that raged tho :teethhappy::teethhappy: calling everybody noob when he is the noob :teethhappy::teethhappy: anyways u gotta deal with it. better I face noobs with noobs than pros with pros. good thing they just yolo with 20+ hp left XD. also mm should deal with stats not the damn skills, mm should match guys with similar stats, so that we don't get to be sitting saying stuff then they just stay there just focusing. me in my luchs/leopard is really op, but why my teammates with less aint? cuz they don't know how to drive one. why is that toaster going first like heavies? cuz he forgot its a paper td. try to improve urself and hope mm can deal ur rating and match u with experienced guys. if u don't want to team with newbies, u can pick meh, but I have only t 6 and 5 tanks. good luck and have fun!!


" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers


Neb10k #10 Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:09 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 55927 battles
  • 1,289
  • [KR0N0]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
The key difference with Russian tanks is that they can brawl up close, better than other lines.

Russian HTs should be at front line. MTs should be pushing flank or frontline - generally in valleys or similar terrain (not ridges).

Don’t be afraid to get real close in MT. Side-Side or COD. But not if outnumbered.

bigben21 #11 Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:32 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 19397 battles
  • 353
  • [ARMYE]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

View PostNeb10k, on 02 February 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

The key difference with Russian tanks is that they can brawl up close, better than other lines.

Russian HTs should be at front line. MTs should be pushing flank or frontline - generally in valleys or similar terrain (not ridges).

Don’t be afraid to get real close in MT. Side-Side or COD. But not if outnumbered.

 

For ridges I mean use it to scout. Once done roll back and do peakaboo not on top ridges but rather at the bottom of the ridges for protection. Mts have edge in open area. When In an open area where there are not many hard covers, ridges (more of these small hill or whatever u wanna call it) is the next best option followed by huge rock.... etc the like whatever u can find for protection. Hope that explains better.


Edited by bigben21, 02 February 2018 - 05:34 AM.


Ronnel_999 #12 Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21478 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

View PostNeb10k, on 02 February 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

The key difference with Russian tanks is that they can brawl up close, better than other lines.

Russian HTs should be at front line. MTs should be pushing flank or frontline - generally in valleys or similar terrain (not ridges).

Don’t be afraid to get real close in MT. Side-Side or COD. But not if outnumbered.

 

Thank you for your advice. I'm doing what you have said but I think the main problem is my lack of skills. And yes I do get afraid especially when my HP is getting really low and start to panic. I really have to work on my fear...

Ronnel_999 #13 Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21478 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

View Postbigben21, on 02 February 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

 

For ridges I mean use it to scout. Once done roll back and do peakaboo not on top ridges but rather at the bottom of the ridges for protection. Mts have edge in open area. When In an open area where there are not many hard covers, ridges (more of these small hill or whatever u wanna call it) is the next best option followed by huge rock.... etc the like whatever u can find for protection. Hope that explains better.

 

Thank you very much bigben21.

Neb10k #14 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 55927 battles
  • 1,289
  • [KR0N0]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View Postbigben21, on 02 February 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

 

For ridges I mean use it to scout. Once done roll back and do peakaboo not on top ridges but rather at the bottom of the ridges for protection. Mts have edge in open area. When In an open area where there are not many hard covers, ridges (more of these small hill or whatever u wanna call it) is the next best option followed by huge rock.... etc the like whatever u can find for protection. Hope that explains better.

 

Sure, did not mean to judge your comments, was just general advice.



Kabama04 #15 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:41 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 18166 battles
  • 392
  • [FOW]
  • Member since:
    07-30-2016
Get 62A :trollface:
My Tanks:

 "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us. -Space_Ape_Marksman (NA)


Ronnel_999 #16 Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21478 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

View PostKabama04, on 21 February 2018 - 03:41 AM, said:

Get 62A :trollface:

 

I have a T-62A and it's just collecting dust in my garage because I don't know how to drive it :(

erwin10001 #17 Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 32719 battles
  • 623
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

A lot of people say that LTTB is very good but as I've posted in another thread, I have no idea how to drive it and it shows in the pathetic winrate.

 

To me, gun is the most important and Russian tanks do not have the best guns... the most 'fun' maybe, but not the best....


Edited by erwin10001, 22 February 2018 - 03:47 PM.


Ronnel_999 #18 Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21478 battles
  • 228
  • [BOOM2]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2017

View Posterwin10001, on 22 February 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

A lot of people say that LTTB is very good but as I've posted in another thread, I have no idea how to drive it and it shows in the pathetic winrate.

 

To me, gun is the most important and Russian tanks do not have the best guns... the most 'fun' maybe, but not the best....

 

Last night our team had a unicum who drove a Dracula. He was so good that I sent him a message asking him for advice. I wrote that I want to be a good driver like him but since I don't have a Dracula and that I basically suck..., what lower tier tanks should learn with??? He said that the nearest thing to a Drac is the LTTB and I should practice on driving it. I love my LTTB but I have a very low win rate on mine but I will be taking it out more often from now on.

If a uni says it's good, it must be good :)
Now all I have to do is to learn how to drive that freekin tank, haha!

Lord_Melchett #19 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:27 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 26038 battles
  • 369
  • [1914]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2016

Lights are my weakest tanks, so I have put some effort into learning how to be successful in them.

 

The single most important thing that I have done (i.e. I have my best games when I do it) is to concentrate on not being shot.  Don't worry about putting out damage, so much as preserving hit points.  For example:

  • don't yolo
  • spot conservatively by rushing from cover to cover, resetting camo each time
  • when you spot some reds, stop there, reset camo, peek out to respot them (assuming you have snipers over your shoulder)
  • if you are spotting up reds, and are unspotted yourself, don't shoot unless you can get back in hard cover immediately - once you shoot, your camo rating goes back to base
  • if you are not spotting reds for teammates or getting shots without being shot, relocate to a more useful position
  • don't hit point trade, unless its the end game
  • if you get pushed by anything other than a low hit point light, run away immediately

 

Obviously, there will be exceptions, like when all reds are spotted, or nearly all dead, and there is an isolated heavy or td that you can circle, but I have found that concentrating on not getting shot works the best for me in the beginning and midgame.



erwin10001 #20 Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 32719 battles
  • 623
  • [SEALZ]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2016

 

Sharing my personal thoughts on the Russian tanks I've played, T5-7 (will probably edit and expand when I have more experience/time).

Its just my opinions and I'm happy to hear others (learning how others play a tank I'm no good in has helped me improve)

I have some T8 tanks but still not familiar enough with tier 8 to comment...

 

KV1:  The best tier 5 tank? I'm sort of bored with it, but when MM is against you and you need to complete missions, I guess I gotta use it.

SU-85: I got 2 Kolobanov in it. Highly bouncy front armor, good DPM, better than Stug III

T-34:   I haven't gotten Ace Mastery so I may not be playing it right, but its best gun, the 57mm, doesn't do enough damage. I have 2 Raisenials in it cos' the fast-firing 57mm allows you to steal kills (sorry)

SU-100: Just a better version of the SU-85. Almost exactly the same playstyle I guess, but meets the T7 fantasy tanks, so expect tougher matches

SU-122-44: Just a better version of the SU-100, we are in fantasy tank land but its mobile enough to run with the mediums.

T-34-85: Workhorse, all-round medium with just a little more punch in the gun than the M4 Easy 8.

IS:  This is what the KV-1S should be. KV-1s suffered from too little armor and too long a reload. IS has better balance.

SU-152: Still a new tank, as mentioned, I have no idea how to use the 152mm gun, so I got the 122mm and pretend its a SU-122-44

T-150: This is the tier 6 version of KV-1. Good tank that suffers as it meets the fantasy tanks and while you are sidescraping and fighting, you discover the rest of your team HT adopting the 'sideways playstyle' leaving you with no support.

KV-2: I'm no good with the 152mm gun, but its fun at tier 6.

MT-25: So much better after the VK28  nerf and the new gun, hope to repair its winrate.

KV-1s: Reload time is too long, armor is too thin. Very dangerous in the hands of the skilled player who knows how to ammo-rack, but thats other people, not me.

LTTB: Still figuring this one out. Its size makes it an easy target but front armor suprisingly bouncy.

T-43: New tank, isn't this just a lousier LTTB?

KV-3: New tank, its so slow, and the aiming circle is so big, will things improve once I hit 100% crew?

 

 

 

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users