Off-season quick tournaments discussion

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Knopka_Asia #1 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:19 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Off-season quick tournaments discussion

In this topic you may discuss about quick tournaments in Off-season.

Please don't forget to note # and tiers of the tournament you're talking about.

Knopka_Asia #2 Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Dear participants,

because of some technical problem Quick tournaments #26 shifted from February 7 to February 9.

Detail information and regulations you may find out in the game client.

We are apologize for any inconvenience.

Maddoxkkm #3 Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:16 AM

Captain

• 30084 battles
  • [FEAST]
Spoiler

well we spent over an hour waiting in yesterday's tournament stuck at Tour 3.

Spoiler

because there was litereally no one playing....

and this final picture summed up what is wrong with yesterday's tournament:

Spoiler
  • Tier IX-X tournament in the title, but tier VII-VIII in reality (we panicked in the first game because we didn't notice that trap)
  • There was no teams we can play against even under 4 tour system, imagine how longer we will have to wait under 7 tour system.
    • even the team at tour 4 (EHR i believe) quit waiting while we waited for over an hour to get a team.

The idea of Quick tournaments are good, but I am not sure whether it's executed correctly, as the waiting is simply too long.

Leader Of The Union

Council member of Clan Wars Asia (Link to Post)

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

Maddoxkkm #4 Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:54 AM

Captain

• 30084 battles
  • [FEAST]

The magical moment of 59:59 is also captured today (just to proof that we cannot complete all 7 tours, even in lower tiers)

Spoiler

Quick™ Tournaments 2018

Leader Of The Union

Council member of Clan Wars Asia (Link to Post)

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

PKonBlitz_YouTuber #5 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 10180 battles
  • [-47-]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 10 February 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

The magical moment of 59:59 is also captured today (just to proof that we cannot complete all 7 tours, even in lower tiers)

Spoiler

Quick™ Tournaments 2018

(Maddox I think Knopka is on holidays because I haven't also seen her online on discord, and I already told her about this so still, she didn't reply that mean she is busy or out for holidays may be)

Today We tried Quick tournaments, and We end up doing surrender because there were not enough teams to start the match(We spent 3 hours), so yeah more the teams the lesser the time it will take for the tournament.

I think WG needs to create some interesting rewards for quick tournaments though they are more fun players are always low on credits and in tournaments we do lose a lot of credits because of using premium shells and consumables.

Or at least, there should be compensation for us for waiting for the specific amount of time. There should be the specified time that you will wait for this much time if you didn't get a team you will be the winner or you will be compensated.  

My suggestion would be to increase the reward, maybe some more credits can help this Quick tournament get more attention.

Edited by PKonBlitz_YouTuber, 14 February 2018 - 04:12 PM.

WOT Blitz Tournament YouTuber!

Clan Wars Asia- King of Kings 1 vs 1 Tournament!

Talk to me on Discord: https://discord.gg/4fDbuev​

RexyComandante #6 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

Corporal

• eSports
  • 0 battles

View PostPKonBlitz_YouTuber, on 14 February 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

(Maddox I think Knopka is on holidays because I haven't also seen her online on discord, and I already told her about this so still, she didn't reply that mean she is busy or out for holidays may be)

Today We tried Quick tournaments, and We end up doing surrender because there were not enough teams to start the match(We spent 3 hours), so yeah more the teams the lesser the time it will take for the tournament.

I think WG needs to create some interesting rewards for quick tournaments though they are more fun players are always low on credits and in tournaments we do lose a lot of credits because of using premium shells and consumables.

Or at least, there should be compensation for us for waiting for the specific amount of time. There should be the specified time that you will wait for this much time if you didn't get a team you will be the winner or you will be compensated.  

My suggestion would be to increase the reward, maybe some more credits can help this Quick tournament get more attention.

We try to change some parameters of quick tournaments like as quantity of rounds, format of matches etc. We hope that we find a way out of the situation. 

RexyComandante #7 Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:21 AM

Corporal

• eSports
  • 0 battles

Off-season quick tournaments will be stopped next week because enough teams don't register there.

SteveHat #8 Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

Sergeant

• 10761 battles
  • [ANZUS]

View PostRexyComandante, on 16 February 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

Off-season quick tournaments will be stopped next week because enough teams don't register there.

Will you bring them back the following week? Is this only Asia that has had them pulled!

SteveHat #9 Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

Sergeant

• 10761 battles
  • [ANZUS]
Could I suggest that they only be on days when other tournaments aren't scheduled. 

RexyComandante #10 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

Corporal

• eSports
  • 0 battles
We'll make some changes in the tournaments schedule and return back quick tournaments. Announce will come soon.

Farlesquew #11 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 30524 battles
  • [HAVOC]

View PostRexyComandante, on 16 February 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

Their (brief) inception made me toss a big fat 'meh' and pretty much resulted in my rate of playing the game dropping by around 80-90%. 

Why? 

Because quick tournaments look like an attempt to respond to problems with the current tournament system simply by adding on yet another distraction, rather than actually fixing the problems. What is happening at WG? I'm starting to get suspicious that staff are leaving (or being poached to other WG projects) at such a rate that no-one that remains at Blitz has enough understanding of the game code to be able to actually improve existing game elements? I've seen this in previous games - developers leave and the remaining code is unable to be worked on.

Quick tournaments - why? Was it because there were problems with the current tournaments? Then do something positive about the current tournaments. Don't simply add yet another half-thought through, half-developed, half-delivered game element that is only going to clearly compete with the existing tournament system and drag the game down yet another notch. But maybe there are no developers capable of doing that anymore?

I noted that quick tournaments included the potential to eventually allow out-of-clan teams. Why? Because Blitz also has done zero to foster and assist the clan system or clans to flourish. So quick tournaments are also yet another distraction allowing Blitz to avoid actually doing something creative, constructive and productive about clans.

Note: clan membership is a core requirement for the main tournament system. The impulse to bring us quick tournaments with an implied option for eventual out-of-clan teams is actually an oblique admission by Blitz that the clan system is struggling. You've all seen in on the battle field - lists and lists of tankers without clans, because Blitz has been targeting a customer base that brings easy cash with them little game literacy (little idea of how serious gaming works) and thus probably few of them even understand clans (this may be more of a problem on the ASIA server than elsewhere due to the breadth of language variation).

And what does Blitz do about it? Absolutely nothing, nada, ziltch, rien! They just bulldoze onto a new half-thought-though game add-on (quick tournaments). 

Blitz is either lacking the management vision to recognize and take responsibility for actually fixing problems, (it's easier to claim glory for adding 'new features' rather than focusing on fixing problems), or they'd love to but lack the developers capable of working on the existing game code. 

Edited by Farlesquew, 21 February 2018 - 12:41 AM.

Gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us.

PKonBlitz_YouTuber #12 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 10180 battles
  • [-47-]
Good Luck Team Esport, Quick Tournament is the greatest thing we ever got and we are waiting for new version of it! 

Knopka_Asia #13 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostPKonBlitz_YouTuber, on 27 February 2018 - 02:59 AM, said:

Good Luck Team Esport, Quick Tournament is the greatest thing we ever got and we are waiting for new version of it! 

Good luck in the Spring season 2018! =)

SteveHat #14 Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

Sergeant

• 10761 battles
  • [ANZUS]

Why have the Tournament times changed. Please tell me the regular tournaments haven’t changed time. The great thing about the quickies was they started earlier now they’re an hour later! That’s a 1am start NZ time! That means potential 3am finish. 

My my clan regularly participate in tournaments. We do at least three a week minimum. We do them for fun and to get better. It was bad enough starting tournaments at 11 or 12 at night but pushing them back an hour just makes it hard work. 

If tournament start times don’t work for all time zones then have a variety of start times so everyone can participate. How about staggering them so at least one weekday and one weekend tournament start at 18.00 UTC + 8, one each at 19.00 UTC + 8 and one each at 20.00 UTC + 8. 

Come on guys get a little creative. 

Uchiha_Itachi_1 #15 Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

Corporal

• 23728 battles
  • [SGTH1]
Since no thread for spring season tournaments are created,I will just post it here. Dont you think that you should limit the number of premium tanks in tournaments per team?

SteveHat #16 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:52 AM

Sergeant

• 10761 battles
  • [ANZUS]
Please answer my question above. Whatever possessed you to change the time of the tournament? No countries in Asia in the northern hemisphere have summer time hours so why change the start times to make it impossible to play in NZ and very hard for those in Eastern Australia?

PKonBlitz_YouTuber #17 Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 10180 battles
  • [-47-]

View PostUchiha_Itachi_1, on 02 March 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

Since no thread for spring season tournaments are created,I will just post it here. Dont you think that you should limit the number of premium tanks in tournaments per team?

No, it's not possible, also Spring season tournament of Asian server won't be like other servers(We are going to have only Online tournaments of Spring Season) because we don't have that much activity of clans here in Asian Server so WarGaming and we are working to form up something so in future WG will host big tournaments for Asian Server too. You are from SGTH1 Clan And I have hosted 1 tournament of your clan(SGTH1 is pretty active in tournaments so yeah we will need you guys too) so I suggest you to kindly ask your Team Leader to contact me on Discord so I can add him in our discussion with WarGaming.

View PostSteveHat, on 03 March 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

Please answer my question above. Whatever possessed you to change the time of the tournament? No countries in Asia in the northern hemisphere have summer time hours so why change the start times to make it impossible to play in NZ and very hard for those in Eastern Australia?

We are discussing this issue of time zone and we will be able to solve this issue soon in future.(We will try to bring some flexibility ;) This is the main problem of less activity of Asian Clans in tournaments so for sure this is our biggest obstacle and we will try to solve it. Also, join me on discord so we can discuss this issue and we will come up with a mutual solution: https://discord.gg/4fDbuev

Edited by PKonBlitz_YouTuber, 03 March 2018 - 11:51 PM.

Knopka_Asia #18 Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostSteveHat, on 03 March 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

We are discussing in Discord with top clans about comfortable time for Asia.

Please let me know what time period is comfortable for you?

1) 7-10 PM (UTC+8)

2) 2-5 PM (UTC +8)

VV6_9487 #19 Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:58 AM

Corporal

• 1291 battles
  • [SH4FT]

Watching the Asia Blitz slowly destroys itself due to the great minds in WG thinking things would get better when done from the HQ... 'buzz'... WRONG.

The variety of culture, not to mention timezone alone, would probably kill the limited brain cell of the WG management team.

Interesting to see good players selling off their account before Asia Blitz server is shut-down completely... just in case you didn't know, it's happening more than before.

Get off the Titanic before it sinks to the abyss!

:popcorn:

Knopka_Asia #20 Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:13 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostVV6_9487, on 06 March 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Watching the Asia Blitz slowly destroys itself due to the great minds in WG thinking things would get better when done from the HQ... 'buzz'... WRONG.

The variety of culture, not to mention timezone alone, would probably kill the limited brain cell of the WG management team.

Interesting to see good players selling off their account before Asia Blitz server is shut-down completely... just in case you didn't know, it's happening more than before.

Get off the Titanic before it sinks to the abyss!

:popcorn:

Please describe detaily what the problem is. From what you saying I have no idea how to solve the problem you're talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users