HP's corner

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

HydronPrimeSP #321 Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18688 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View PostJDBC567, on 08 July 2020 - 08:42 AM, said:

Maybe your brain needs more RAM and VRAM to process all those new updates. Not to mention the better graphics. Your winrate could be dropping because of that.

Ouch. harsh burn.

But nahh .. gotta face reality. i just degraded back to a very noob level.

JDBC567 #322 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2264 battles
  • [1MSW]
It's probably the lockdown
Lots of noobs rushing to play cause they don't have anything else too do. The teams have been noticably worse

__iTATi__ #323 Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles

Quite simple - teams/players were far better in 2016. You also did not have any 'obvious' OP pay-to-win tanks such as the Smasher, Drac, Hellsing etc. 

The purge of the low tiers, boosters, xp certificates, prem time certificates has also meant that players are moving up the tiers a lot quicker than ever before. This has resulted in the overall skill of the playerbase being extremely low. I bet back in 2016 you rarely had a team full of low-40% players like you do now (constantly too). All the good players left after the spare parts fiasco too.

The only way to play these days is to always go into a battle as if it is you versus the entire 7 reds. Never think that you can rely on your team mates (though it is nice when it happens).

JDBC567 #324 Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2264 battles
  • [1MSW]
Get a great platoonmate, buy a op premium and wreck the Reds solo.
That's the only way to reliably win now.
Oh and what's the spare parts thing? I keep hearing about that but I have no clue what they are.

__iTATi__ #325 Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4323 battles

View PostJDBC567, on 09 July 2020 - 07:51 AM, said:

Get a great platoonmate, buy a op premium and wreck the Reds solo.
That's the only way to reliably win now.
Oh and what's the spare parts thing? I keep hearing about that but I have no clue what they are.

Well, imagine you had 100 fully-equipped tanks in your garage and WG implemented a new equipment system which resulted in the following:

1. WG removed ALL the equipment (ie, calibrated shells, camo net etc etc) from ALL of your tanks. This is equipment that we bought and paid for using silver.

2. To compensate, WG gave you Spare Parts for your lost equipment (the new currency needed to equip tanks). You would then earn a small amount of spare parts after every battle. Once you had enough spare parts to unlock a piece of equipment, you would have to wait for the timer to count down before this equipment can be used (think other mobile games with timers). The higher the tier tank, the longer the timers can take. Only one equipment slot can be unlocked at a time (or sped up using GOLD, of course)

3. The first problem. The spare parts given as compensation for equipment that was already owned - was only enough to fully-equip 1/3 of the tanks in your garage. So, if you had the 100 tanks mentioned above, that were already fully-equipped, you could now only re-equip 33 of them. So effectively, 2/3 of the equipment you owned, had now been stolen by WG and they were asking you to grind to unlock them AGAIN. 

4. If that was not bad enough, re-grinding this equipment would take forever. One timer at a time, some people with large tank collections worked out that it would take as long as 3-years for them to fully re-equip the tanks in their garages due to the timers. These are tanks that they had already previously fully-equipped.

As you can imagine, this led to many players leaving the game. They did not want to spend years unlocking equipment on tanks they had already done once before. They also did not want to take unequipped tanks out into the battlefield. It meant that players that had grinded tens or thousands of battles could now not drive 2/3 of their garage until those tanks were again fully-equipped. 

It did not help that WG did their usual ignoring of the playerbase. It took them MORE than a year to reverse the decision and remove the spare parts and timers. Though, not without ripping off the players once again. The credits that players received for their accumulated spare parts was once again not enough, although most were just happy to see the back of the timers. 

Players still had to regrind their garages though, so many still stayed away. TImers and spare parts were gone but players were still short-changed - so its easy to see why they did not return. 

Shame, before that, the game was more competitive, and had a far more skilled playerbase. 

Edited by __iTATi__, 11 July 2020 - 02:00 AM.

JDBC567 #326 Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2264 battles
  • [1MSW]
WG never ceases to blow my mind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users