Tiny Problem

tanks problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Which tanks should I choose first? (9 members have cast votes)

here

1. Stug 3 G (1 vote [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. KV-1S (7 votes [77.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

3. Cromwell (1 vote [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. All of these sucks. choose another tank boy (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Klea__ #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

Sergeant

• 2381 battles
  • [VAD]
hello forums again! so I got a tiny problem right here. Which tanks should I go first? yes and idk why I'm playing multiple styles at a time :B tanks are on the poll. I already maxed kv1 and crusader but not the hetzer yet because its so hard aiming. and btw most of the tanks I face are near impossible to find a weak spot ( especially U.S.S.R heavy tanks ) and my team barely does anything. so thats all thanks.

" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers

erwin10001 #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 30112 battles
  • [SEALZ]

Your stats suggests that you are trying to rush through the tiers. If you are doing badly in KV-1  (You have a 0.67 damage ratio and 0.78 KDR, and 36% survival in KV-1), you can expect to do even worse in KV-1s which is 1 tier up and meets Dracula/Helsing/Type 62/Lupus. 

Your stats also suggest that you need more practice in light tanks (43% in crusader, 46% in covenanter, 33% in Cruiser IV), so you will find Cromwell hard once you encouter Drac/Helsing/62/Lupus. 

So my advice is to stick to tier 3-5 until you are ready to move up, because Drac/Helsing/62/Lupus can be a rude shock for weak players... who then incorrectly conclude that they also need to spend $$$ on OP premium tanks in order to win.

Edited by erwin10001, 16 January 2018 - 11:54 PM.

teysanook #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

Captain

• 5377 battles
  • [T1RKX]

Moving to appropriate forum. (From "Heavy Tanks" )

~ teysanook

Klea__ #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:06 AM

Sergeant

• 2381 battles
  • [VAD]

View Posterwin10001, on 16 January 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

Your stats suggests that you are trying to rush through the tiers. If you are doing badly in KV-1  (You have a 0.67 damage ratio and 0.78 KDR, and 36% survival in KV-1), you can expect to do even worse in KV-1s which is 1 tier up and meets Dracula/Helsing/Type 62/Lupus. 

Your stats also suggest that you need more practice in light tanks (43% in crusader, 46% in covenanter, 33% in Cruiser IV), so you will find Cromwell hard once you encouter Drac/Helsing/62/Lupus. 

So my advice is to stick to tier 3-5 until you are ready to move up, because Drac/Helsing/62/Lupus can be a rude shock for weak players... who then incorrectly conclude that they also need to spend $$$ on OP premium tanks in order to win.

yeh I'm rushing and didn't noticed this. ( I'm saying to myself to not rush when I'm rushing :teethhappy: ;) I'm bad in the kv1 because it turns like a turtle.

the reason why I'm having so low WRs is because I'm always first to die, my team is almost having reversed play styles on their tanks ( kv-1's act like snipers while stug 3s act like kv1's ) thus making me lose -_- and they always ignore what I say to them ( like saying to circle him when he doesn't ). thanks for the advice so I will try and keep staying on t 1-5 and btw, can u tell me what things those tanks ur mentioning excel at? I'm wondering, I'm also going to go and play some u.s.a tanks :popcorn:

edit: someone else wanna give tips? I'm ready.

Edited by Klea__, 17 January 2018 - 10:12 PM.

" Have fun enjoy , Teamwork is a must " 

" Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, Concentrate the mind on the present moment and win the battle. " Active Frontline Killers

erwin10001 #5 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• 30112 battles
  • [SEALZ]

This is a very rough impression that i have but sort of explains why most winrates are between 40-60%...

SURE LOSE

20% of the games it is impossible to win. After 90sec, after your team is dead. 0-7 / 1-7 loss. Team result will show 3-4 tanks with 0 damage.

20% of the games you will lose most of the time. High Calibre (removing 35% of the enemy's hp is not enough). To win, its either a solo Ace Mastery performance or the last few remaining tanks show exceptional teamwork (even rarer than Ace Mastery, but it happens and makes for very satisfying comebacks)

SURE WIN

20% of the games it is impossible to lose even if you deliberately try and lose. 7-0/ 7-1 win.

20% of the games, your team will win if you do average damage.

TOSS-UP

20% of the games you get a balanced fight. The amount of damage you do will determine who wins. High Calibre is usually sufficient to win. 

Edited by erwin10001, 18 January 2018 - 03:50 AM.

Lord_Melchett #6 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 24402 battles
  • [1914]

Okay . . .

Firstly, the KV1 is actually reasonably mobile for a heavy tank - just not that mobile compared with other tier 5 tanks.  What you are experiencing is the shift towards more differentiation in tank types.  In tiers 1-4, all the tanks are either turretless tank destroyers or some combination of light/medium/heavy tank characteristics.  At tier 5 and above, the tanks start to play more true to type.

Secondly, the KV1 is just about the most new player friendly tier 5 tank there is.  It is has a relatively high hit point pool, has good armour and gun.  If you are having trouble with the KV1, that is a very good indication that you need a bit more practice at lower tiers to learn the game more thoroughly.  Don't be afraid to try out all the different tier 1-3 tanks, and get a feel for the different types of game play required by different types of tanks.

Thirdly, if you are usually the first to die, that is almost certainly due to your playstyle, rather than your team being bad.  Being the first to die usually means that you are in the wrong place.  "Wrong" can be subjective here.  It may mean that you have driven off in one direction and your team has gone another (or not left spawn), so that you are isolated.  It doesn't matter in those circumstances that you went the "right" way and your teammates didn't - in this game, especially at lower tiers, the "right" way is usually the way that the whole team goes.

TL:DR - if you are struggling at tier 5, play more lower tier battles to increase your knowledge and skills.

EH_Samarth #7 Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:32 PM

Corporal

• 17166 battles
  • [UI]

View PostKlea__, on 17 January 2018 - 04:06 AM, said:

yeh I'm rushing and didn't noticed this. ( I'm saying to myself to not rush when I'm rushing :teethhappy: ;) I'm bad in the kv1 because it turns like a turtle.

the reason why I'm having so low WRs is because I'm always first to die, my team is almost having reversed play styles on their tanks ( kv-1's act like snipers while stug 3s act like kv1's ) thus making me lose -_- and they always ignore what I say to them ( like saying to circle him when he doesn't ). thanks for the advice so I will try and keep staying on t 1-5 and btw, can u tell me what things those tanks ur mentioning excel at? I'm wondering, I'm also going to go and play some u.s.a tanks :popcorn:

Hello Klea 

At T5 unfortunately teams will be quite inexperienced hence why people will play tank roles incorrectly , however at higher tiers what the above person was trying to say was that , you have to be capable enough to not solely rely on your team to get a win all the time , especially when tanks like the dracula which is very very quick , the helsing which has an insane gun which can easily burn t6 tanks and the Lupus which has such an unfair armour profile T8 tanks even bounce it are there. You need to practice the roles of each of these tanks to get better stats in them and hence have a better chance in higher tiers . The Kv1 requires you to understand how to side scrape as a basic skill , as well as preventing getting COD by enemy meds . Your crusader should teach you how to utilise a high DPM gun rather than alpha damage gun , this tank is NOT effective in a peak a boom style but very deadly in brawls . The KV1 is the opposite , its dmg make it ideal along with its armour profile to take a shot and then go back to hide under cover ..

This is just the play style of the tanks , the crusader has decent acceleration , absolutely no useful armour and hence hit point trading and expecting to get a bounce is almost useless , this tank is used to spot enemy tanks , flank enemy teams and burn enemy mediums when required with it 's pure dpm . 

The kv1 is a pure heavy , it's armour can be angled to bounce shots , its effective if you can peak-a -boom in a side scraping position , while its armour can be very useful in brawls with other heavies . 

The Kv1s has a slightly different yet still related play style. It's much more mobile , however it's armour can also be penetrated alot easier at that tier , but it's very good alpha of 400dmg make it a very handy peak a boom tank .

The Cromwell on the other hand is quite similar to the crusader , its got a good gun , but the issue again is that its armour is nonexistent , so you need to effectively learn how to scout  and spot enemy tanks , flank them and deal damage from the rear and avoid counting on your armour to get bounces if you try hit point trading . 

Edited by EH_Samarth, 18 January 2018 - 12:41 PM.

Diamond114 #8 Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:43 PM

Captain

• 15692 battles
  • [408]

View PostKlea__, on 17 January 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

​Lupus has good mobility, decent 122mm gun with rather quick reload although somewhat mediocre pen, and above all front armor that is very difficult to pen even by higher Tier tanks unless they either prepare some premium ammunition or it gets swarmed.
​Helsing is a double-tap shooting TD that is reasonably armored and rather mobile. Given how Blitz caters towards a close quarters playstyle and the pen and magazine reload time is decent on Helsing, it tends to dominate when driven by experienced players.

Type 62 and Dracula are similar in that both are mobile tanks with tin can armor but guns with decent pen and alpha that fires very quickly, the rushing tanks of choice for Tier VII experienced medium/light players. Just one of these in a team is going to be a handful by itself, two of them in the same team driven by experienced players turns everyone in the opposite team into baby seal for these guys to club unless the opposite team recognizes the danger early on and got their stuff together, which happened quite rarely.

Stay down, don`t rush up the Tiers quickly, build up situational awareness (important especially on TDs and heavies with generally slow traverse and speed), start doing more damage while taking steps to prevent yourself from getting overextended and taking in unnecessary damage. Once you do this and start carrying for your team instead of just yourself, you can start influencing how the match is going to go by your abilities.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Also tagged with tanks, problem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users