22 replies to this topic

Elite911 #21 Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 137 battles
  • [B2DV]

View PostSniper_the_fox, on 16 January 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

You would help your cause if you explained the role in a few sentences.  We all

know what mods are but it’s a curious add.  

good luck

Moderator means assisting players with issues and also dealing with violations, but it's not all about banning people.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
For gameplay advice, try the WG Wiki or ask on the forums.
For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.
WoT Blitz game and forum rules can be found here: Game Rules - Forum Rules.

Darthvaderjon #22 Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

Private

• 16793 battles
  • [32485]
IGN: Darthvaderjon

Hello everyone, I am very interested in this role of forum moderator, as are many of my fellow English community members. I am extremely passionate about WoTb, and often spend the entirety of my weekends platooning with my friends and clan mates.

A short introduction about myself... I am proficient in both English and Chinese. Currently, I am serving National Service in the Singapore army, and while the training is tough, we have a lot of spare time on our hands. This is usually spent on prowling the forums, reading books, watching movies, and bantering with my fellow commanders and men. My other hobbies include playing the violin and making violin covers, cycling, and volunteering at a hospice (yes, I actually enjoy this).

Moving on to my experience in related fields. I used to be a community contributor, forum moderator and fb moderator for another Russian Tank online game, TankiOnline. It was a very enjoyable experience, and interacting with the community and helping certain players, or even upholding the rules and obvious moral codes of conduct were very rewarding. However, I outgrew the game after playing it for a pleasant 3 years. I stumbled upon WoTB when watching a YouTube advert in November 2016 and from then on, I never looked back. I have always loved tanks and WG managed to bring them alive, with a delicate balance of realism and fantasy. Nothing speaks more about my love and passion for this game than the countless hours I've spent on the steam client of WoTB and the many hours I spend chatting with my clan mates about it on telegram. I believe my in-game record is pretty modest, and I have encountered no rule violations thus far. Unfortunately, given the inclination for online players to resort to toxicity when things don't go their way, I have reported quite a number of players through the appropriate channel for their various rule violations, most of which were simply for the abuse and perversion of the English Language, and their fellow players.

I realise my forum post count is low. This is because I usually prowl the forums as a ghost, simply content with reading about what others had to say about the game, like the perennial debate of obj140 vs t62a. However, it was through the forums that I found my clan, and subsequently, an awesome community on telegram and discord. I do understand this is probably a huge mitigating factor and I do admit I am not the most proficient in navigating the forums as of now, but I feel these are things I can pick up with relative ease and if given a specific "job" scope, I'm sure I can perform.

Well, ultimately, the decision lies with the moderator community and it's entirely up to their discretion. Either way, I look forward to more blitzing days and being more active on the forum!

Edited by Darthvaderjon, 17 January 2018 - 12:45 AM.

Applemaster2100 #23 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:16 AM

Private

• 548 battles
  • [DBOMB]

Ok, hi

I would like to apply to moderator because i dedicated everyday into this game

I have bought lots of things of your store thanks to greatful prices and building up a collection of tanks!

Me and my friends all meet up in skype and play matches together with different type of ways to play the game,

Honestly,  i love this game. I had another account that i sadly lost due to crash saves. Im glad that the game has be successful over the years and thanks the entire WoT community for making this game what it is today, amazing!

My name is Applemaster2100, im speak fluent english and some German. I am not strong at it but i learn more and more everyday . My clan is [DBOMB] Dabomb Clan, and i really couldnt thank my clan for being supportive and carrying me on the journey. I am 20 years of age and would love to apply as moderator! The key role of a moderator is to moderate the game, to protect the game from potential hackers trespassing and/ or help the community stay positive and not on ths negative side. Fixing any violation problems and forming good relationship with any in need . Im am to help and assist of any need of a fellow WoT player and to not abuse my powers. Im clear that in order to become a moderator, you would need to dedicate your time into playing the game and patrolling the servers! Its not all about banning people, but by working with the community, together!

Sincerely, Applemaster2100

Edited by Applemaster2100, 17 January 2018 - 10:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users