Is Cheating possible?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

WOT_Losers #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Corporal

• 6567 battles
  • [WAPN]

Everyone says its impossible to cheat in WoT Blitz, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has encountered suspiciously accurate shooting or targeting or cloaking in just a second? or moving tanks that suddenly stop being visible while still in normal gun range?

Is an account with 30K+ battles T9 tanks and a 69% WR par for the course? I haven't seen that kind of WR in T1/2 where tanks get skilled the fastest.

what's an appropriate way to handle these situations? raging and abusing is one, but that's not the best way :)

f1reguy #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Sergeant

• 32141 battles
  • [1914]
I got hit by a t30 three times yesturday, I wasn’t in the open and yes, I was delusional thinking that it’s unlikely it would hit a subsequent time, but it did. Mine (maxed) would have missed at least once at that distance and likelyhood. But I often feel red RNG is better than green while also so is the wr of the two teams, but that’s just being paranoid isn’t it?

WOT_Losers #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:15 PM

Corporal

• 6567 battles
  • [WAPN]

View Postf1reguy, on 12 January 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

I got hit by a t30 three times yesturday, I wasn’t in the open and yes, I was delusional thinking that it’s unlikely it would hit a subsequent time, but it did. Mine (maxed) would have missed at least once at that distance and likelyhood. But I often feel red RNG is better than green while also so is the wr of the two teams, but that’s just being paranoid isn’t it?

​actually its not paranoid. when I played the regular WoT, no matter what happened, red team Always won. I wouldn't be surprised if some players are using that and/or causing lag in opponents games to gain advantage

Noobieman #4 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22217 battles
  • [AVSW]
is some type of coding hack possible e.g. where the accuracy of the gun on the T30 is altered to 100% hits ?

2OLD2CARE #5 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 110945 battles
  • [FOTB]
The Match Maker does all the cheating necessary!!!

B_SaltyMadd #6 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:30 AM

Captain

• 30782 battles
  • [FEAST]

It's about using game mechanics to their fullest advantage. 

if you don't understand why it happen, ask. just don't say they are cheating. 

end of story.

Leader of FEAST (Fulcra of the East), Twister Cup 2018 Asia Server Champion

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

pegasoos #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:36 AM

Private

• 778 battles
  • [MAGU_]

Glad to hear more voices of long time players having the same impression(s) I had since many moons back... but I was always told the typical "noob-advice" and that I simply had to improve my gameplay. With a poor WR (or too few games on your counter), you have no voice in this forum - that is probably the main reason why it is not alive (not to say nearly dead).

Please give more credit to scepticism and messages coming from infamous players ;)

Marmut_su #8 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:50 AM

Sergeant

• 20975 battles
  • [N00BS]

Cheating? for temporarily, yes. but it did't have permanent effects (Warranty not included :trollface: , you do it on your own risk). Basically all your stats (your records, tanks you owned, gold and credits you owned etc) is kept in xml files BOTH on your DEVICE and the wotblitz SERVER. Those files will be sync in five significant times, lets call it "events":

(fyi: sync means that the xml files kept on your device must be MATCH with the xml files kept on blitz server) 

First event, when you log on into the game. It will sync all xml files except tank details. If any difference found, there is a routine that will checks if the difference is "by system" or not.  (by system means, if the difference due to server fault e.g. not sync the data on second, third or fourth events) then the server will sync by COPYING the xml file from the server into your device. If the difference found not mark as "by system" (e.g. by cheat) then prepare to get banned.

Second event, when you conduct any transaction in the game, except battle (e.g. buy gold, converts credits, converts xperience, upgrade tanks, change camo). This event will always update the corresponding xml files on SERVER in FIRST PRIORITY. After that, there is a routine that will cheks if the server successfully updated then it will update the corresponding xml files on your DEVICE. How? by sync the corresponding xml files.

Third event, when you start a battle. It will sync all xml files related to specific tank that you choose to use into battle. if any difference found the routine will checks if the difference is "by system" or not. Similar routine method like first event apply here.

Fourth event, after the battle ended. It will sync all xml files related to specific tank that you have chosen to use into battle and its result. if any difference found the routine will checks if the difference is "by system" or not. Similar routine method like second event apply here, server updated first and your device updated after.

Fifth event, when you log out. 

SO WHERE  (AND WHEN) CAN I DO IT?

In certain times when there is large amout of players log on and battles simultanously, these events will consume server resources. It will be affected the server performance, especially on THIRD EVENT when most of player will experience long waiting time in battles cue line. Why? because SYNC script will run before LOCKING script run. And MATCHMAKING script will not run before the LOCKING script run.

Wait, what? what is LOCKING script ?

After the sync is completed, the tank stats that will be use on matchmaking process will be "lock in". By default, the game will use the xml files on server. Got it?

Lets back to the poor server performance. To avoid this "bad performance", sync on the THIRD event will not be done in real time. Instead it will be done later (it called batch processing). On last december, even the FOURTH and SECOND events is not done in real time. Remember when your credit is not updated instantly after any number of battles? :trollface: 

Luckily, if the THIRD event is not done in real time, somehow the LOCKING script will use the xml file on YOUR DEVICE as default. Reason? personally i don't know. Perhaps they avoid additional toll on server processing , e.g when you change camo, change gun, change consumables, change ammo, they must be affected in real-time.

So basically you can manually change "some parameters BUT not all" on the specific xml file of your specific tank. Then go to battle with those "fancy backdoor upgrades". :trollface:

PS: DO NOT BLAME ME IF YOUR ACCOUNT GOT BANNED LATER, OK? 

"Courage will be appreciated, but only Victory will be remembered"

Marmut_su #9 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

Sergeant

• 20975 battles
  • [N00BS]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 13 January 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

end of story.

I agree. Even if cheating is possible, it will not cover all of tank capabilities. By reading and watching videos about game mechanics that WG provided, it help me personally to play better.

B_SaltyMadd #10 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:19 AM

Captain

• 30782 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostMarmut_su, on 13 January 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

Cheating? for temporarily, yes. but it did't have permanent effects (Warranty not included :trollface: , you do it on your own risk). Basically all your stats (your records, tanks you owned, gold and credits you owned etc) is kept in xml files BOTH on your DEVICE and the wotblitz SERVER. Those files will be sync in five significant times, lets call it "events":

(fyi: sync means that the xml files kept on your device must be MATCH with the xml files kept on blitz server) 

First event, when you log on into the game. It will sync all xml files except tank details. If any difference found, there is a routine that will checks if the difference is "by system" or not.  (by system means, if the difference due to server fault e.g. not sync the data on second, third or fourth events) then the server will sync by COPYING the xml file from the server into your device. If the difference found not mark as "by system" (e.g. by cheat) then prepare to get banned.

Second event, when you conduct any transaction in the game, except battle (e.g. buy gold, converts credits, converts xperience, upgrade tanks, change camo). This event will always update the corresponding xml files on SERVER in FIRST PRIORITY. After that, there is a routine that will cheks if the server successfully updated then it will update the corresponding xml files on your DEVICE. How? by sync the corresponding xml files.

Third event, when you start a battle. It will sync all xml files related to specific tank that you choose to use into battle. if any difference found the routine will checks if the difference is "by system" or not. Similar routine method like first event apply here.

Fourth event, after the battle ended. It will sync all xml files related to specific tank that you have chosen to use into battle and its result. if any difference found the routine will checks if the difference is "by system" or not. Similar routine method like second event apply here, server updated first and your device updated after.

In certain times when there is large amout of players log on and battles simultanously, these events will consume server resources. It will be affected the server performance, especially on THIRD EVENT when most of player will experience long waiting time in battles cue line. Why? because SYNC script will run before LOCKING script run. And MATCHMAKING script will not run before the LOCKING script run.

After the sync is completed, the tank stats that will be use on matchmaking process will be "lock in". By default, the game will use the xml files on server. Got it?

Lets back to the poor server performance. To avoid this "bad performance", sync on the THIRD event will not be done in real time. Instead it will be done later (it called batch processing). On last december, even the FOURTH and SECOND events is not done in real time. Remember when your credit is not updated instantly after any number of battles? :trollface: 

Luckily, if the THIRD event is not done in real time, somehow the LOCKING script will use the xml file on YOUR DEVICE as default. Reason? personally i don't know. Perhaps they avoid additional toll on server processing , e.g when you change camo, change gun, change consumables, change ammo, they must be affected in real-time.

So basically you can manually change "some parameters BUT not all" on the specific xml file of your specific tank. Then go to battle with those "fancy backdoor upgrades". :trollface:

I don't know where you got this BS.....

but apparently I am a modder so I do XML modding (for sound effects), and NONE of the BS you stated are correct. 

kids these days. spitting BS out when they actually don't have understanding about it

Leader of FEAST (Fulcra of the East), Twister Cup 2018 Asia Server Champion

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

WOT_Losers #11 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:40 AM

Corporal

• 6567 battles
  • [WAPN]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 13 January 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

end of story.

​I can understand game dynamics has a part. Not having all the tanks like veterans I might not understand how some of those tanks really work.

I will add tho, that a rigidness is demonstrated by several veterans - its Always you, not "them". This dissuades noobs from speaking up and either raising valid concerns or getting good advice.

• I have seen and flagged inactive players, and they didn't even get penalized ( I checked profile later). 
  • I have seen botting players, moving a little bit and shooting randomly all over the place to avoid inactivity checks and still get good exp.

is that "using game mechanics to their fullest advantage" ?

View PostMarmut_su, on 13 January 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

I agree. Even if cheating is possible, it will not cover all of tank capabilities. By reading and watching videos about game mechanics that WG provided, it help me personally to play better.

​Marmut would you recommend any first start videos that were useful to you?

hunter689 #12 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 12714 battles
  • [-BR-]
People who thinks other good players cheat with accuracy and cammo in wotb are same people from flat earth society.

Git gut niBBas

Edited by hunter689, 13 January 2018 - 02:09 PM.

anthonylei01 #13 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Captain

• 15890 battles
  • [CPVA]

lol... kids these days.... 

WOT_Losers #14 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

Corporal

• 6567 battles
  • [WAPN]

View Postanthonylei01, on 13 January 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

lol... kids these days.... , 

​Antony thanks for proving my point, ur stats are just too well oiled ;)WR 81% ahem ahem. No wonder u replied the way u did ;)

Neb10k #15 Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:14 PM

Captain

• 57275 battles
  • [KR0N0]
81% on a tank is possible.

I’m at 75% on T1 after 500 games and am not as good as many players

xX_V_Clova_V_Xx #16 Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

Sergeant

• 2537 battles
  • [BCI]

View PostMarmut_su, on 13 January 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Great way to explain it all! +1 vote.

~Clova.

Marmut_su #17 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:45 AM

Sergeant

• 20975 battles
  • [N00BS]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 13 January 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

I don't know where you got this BS.....

but apparently I am a modder so I do XML modding (for sound effects), and NONE of the BS you stated are correct. 

kids these days. spitting BS out when they actually don't have understanding about it

Relax Maddox,

Its not a working approach anymore, they already patch it on server side. I just want to see someone try it and then realize that:

You have to pass network service layer first. Your ip must pass nmap. Even if you pass it, you must gain access to their web service layer, perhaps an account to wg web portal whic is stored on mysql db.

To find it out you must find vulnerability on their web portal first, which is build on maybe..django framework? Even if you find it, you must know how to write exploit script, usually bash script maybe...on phyton language to plant "something".

Even if you remarkable genius to pass it by yourself, you will realize that those phyton scripts just running web interface to another server..which is the compiled version of the game server engine.

Good luck gaining access on mssql server db? Or is it oracle db?and even if you luckily got access, you must decompile it, or at least try to recognize which framework they use to build it. Which is maybe..dava framework?

Then you must learn how dava framework works. Luckily its opensource framework available on github, but you must know c++ language. What?

Even if you are proficientcy enough on c++, you must know which branch they picks as base development and you must at least experience on TDD or DDD designing approach to understand it.

Then you realize its better to start grinding on new account on tier 1 :teethhappy:

Or maybe you got lucky and can create your own offline server based on old version like 3.3.1? :trollface:

After all like you said, here i am just a kiddo spreading bs...

PS: I don't know why WG have open vacancy for Information Security Engineer which is still open right now...

Marmut_su #18 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:49 AM

Sergeant

• 20975 battles
  • [N00BS]

View PostWOT_Losers, on 13 January 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

Marmut would you recommend any first start videos that were useful to you?

Im not a good player myself, you can check my lawzy stat :trollface:

I start on wiki pages http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/WoT_Blitz

Try not to chew it all at once ok? 

anthonylei01 #19 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

Captain

• 15890 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostWOT_Losers, on 14 January 2018 - 02:06 AM, said:

​Antony thanks for proving my point, ur stats are just too well oiled ;)WR 81% ahem ahem. No wonder u replied the way u did ;)

having a high WR is nothing special......... even without a platoon mate

all you need to do is to use your head instead of your emotion to play

GooglePlex_ #20 Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:00 AM

Corporal

• 43254 battles
  • [-SQ-]
Cheating is possible in WoTB, with mods, you can view other tank's modules and crew members; giving an advantage to you over the other player. There is also mods that allow the terrain of the map to become semi-transparent, this allows you to see where the enemy tank's gun is pointing.

Flicka Da Wrist | No skill all luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users