What’s your opinion for the FV215b (183)?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

xX_V_Clova_V_Xx #1 Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:17 AM

Sergeant

• 2537 battles
  • [BCI]

Hi tank commanders,

I’ve seen a lot of chaos and arguments over FV215b (183)here’s my opinion.

Firstly, the HESH round is the last thing you want coming at you, they should nerf the gun, or the ammunition it carries. Players in-game, tier 9 or 10 who just want to battle, upgrade, and have fun... well with this tank that won’t last long.

Once you’re spotted by one of those tanks, whilst you, clueless of knowing where they are, get smacked with a HESH round, draining 1,300+ HitPoints.

NOTE: This topic is by no means to start an argument,

it’s my opinion about FV215b (183), should WG nerf it?

Please read the ‘NOTE’ I have left, another reminder... by no means, I do not intentionally try to upset or anger anyone. Let me know what you think, and tell me your opinions about if WG should nerf FV215b (183).

All the best, ~Clova.

Moved to more appropriate sub-forum.

~ teysanook

Edited by teysanook, 18 April 2018 - 03:07 PM.

LoneReaper #2 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 26257 battles
  • [MECH]

This topic has been escalated by a certain YouTuber and because of his mainly adolescent followers he has instigated nothing short of an online forum riot that has been blown out of proportion. I don't think there is an issue the tank should remain as is. Sk8xtrm did a sensible video recently outlining this tank go take a look.

Nova_Spirit #3 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7628 battles
  • [SEAL]
derp

xX_V_Clova_V_Xx #4 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:20 AM

Sergeant

• 2537 battles
  • [BCI]

View PostLoneReaper, on 08 January 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

This topic has been escalated by a certain YouTuber and because of his mainly adolescent followers he has instigated nothing short of an online forum riot that has been blown out of proportion. I don't think there is an issue the tank should remain as is. Sk8xtrm did a sensible video recently outlining this tank go take a look.

Yes, I totally agree with you, but I’m talking about the tank in general, bushka has even made a video about this tank, and even sold it.

My opinion was for the players in general who have suffered an attack by these tanks.

all the best, ~Clova.

f1reguy #5 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:54 AM

Sergeant

• 30663 battles
  • [1914]

I have been lucky enough to be that guy on the team that draws the attention of these things, in one game I was hit by both the jgpze100 and 183. Yes they are a plague yes they make you recede back to the flanks because you are reduced to an insignificant hp pool rendering you even more a target and fairly useless but, I fully agree with sk8s review, while I think bushka has pointed it out the 183s numbers are up,sk8s review suggests the output is beaten by other machines, which of course is very dependant on the player and it’s team. If they change the 183 in any way rendering it to be less fun, then the meta will shift, if they keep nerfing, the players will shift accordingly or give up on the game, luckily they only do the +1-1 for tier 8s sake...

personally I think the devs should split the player base by how upgraded the vehicle is, or even reward by exp, based on the enemy’s you encountered in the skirmish, either way I’ve not been too worried about the big guns in the enemy team, the biggest problem I’m facing is my green teams need to drive infront of them.

xX_V_Clova_V_Xx #6 Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

Sergeant

• 2537 battles
  • [BCI]

View Postf1reguy, on 09 January 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

I have been lucky enough to be that guy on the team that draws the attention of these things, in one game I was hit by both the jgpze100 and 183. Yes they are a plague yes they make you recede back to the flanks because you are reduced to an insignificant hp pool rendering you even more a target and fairly useless but, I fully agree with sk8s review, while I think bushka has pointed it out the 183s numbers are up,sk8s review suggests the output is beaten by other machines, which of course is very dependant on the player and it’s team. If they change the 183 in any way rendering it to be less fun, then the meta will shift, if they keep nerfing, the players will shift accordingly or give up on the game, luckily they only do the +1-1 for tier 8s sake...

personally I think the devs should split the player base by how upgraded the vehicle is, or even reward by exp, based on the enemy’s you encountered in the skirmish, either way I’ve not been too worried about the big guns in the enemy team, the biggest problem I’m facing is my green teams need to drive infront of them.

Yes, you’re totally right.

it seems the tank is too overpowered. 

~Clova.

Nova_Spirit #7 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7628 battles
  • [SEAL]

View PostxX_V_Clova_V_Xx, on 09 January 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

Yes, you’re totally right.

it seems the tank is too overpowered. 

~Clova.

I don't really think it's overpowered, It has a damaging gun and a turret albeit limited in exchange for a weak heavy tank hull and large size

LoneReaper #8 Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 26257 battles
  • [MECH]

View PostxX_V_Clova_V_Xx, on 09 January 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Yes, I totally agree with you, but I’m talking about the tank in general, bushka has even made a video about this tank, and even sold it.

My opinion was for the players in general who have suffered an attack by these tanks.

all the best, ~Clova.

I am not in the habit of watching Bushka his focus is more on the "children of blitz" That said I have come across this tank many a time and have found it unexceptional. Sure it hits harder than any other competitor and hell yeah it hurts when you get hit by it but it is just another tank on the battlefield. I don't distinguish the difference between this tank and the KV2 at tier 6.

I don't have this tank yet and am in no rush to get it. I have my eye on at least 6 other tier 10 tanks before I bother with this one. Bushka's comments are an exaggeration consistently this tank is out done by its peers and is very team reliant. 

xX_V_Clova_V_Xx #9 Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

Sergeant

• 2537 battles
  • [BCI]

View PostNova_Spirit, on 09 January 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

I don't really think it's overpowered, It has a damaging gun and a turret albeit limited in exchange for a weak heavy tank hull and large size

agreed. 

xX_V_Clova_V_Xx #10 Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

Sergeant

• 2537 battles
  • [BCI]

View PostLoneReaper, on 09 January 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

I am not in the habit of watching Bushka his focus is more on the "children of blitz" That said I have come across this tank many a time and have found it unexceptional. Sure it hits harder than any other competitor and hell yeah it hurts when you get hit by it but it is just another tank on the battlefield. I don't distinguish the difference between this tank and the KV2 at tier 6.

I don't have this tank yet and am in no rush to get it. I have my eye on at least 6 other tier 10 tanks before I bother with this one. Bushka's comments are an exaggeration consistently this tank is out done by its peers and is very team reliant. 

I understand.

aazim #11 Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:45 AM

Sergeant

• 20130 battles

i think 183 damage has to be nerf. it has highest pen with highest damage and good armor . look at grille, it has no armor, lowest pen but great accuracy and mobilty. i believe 183 gun somehow need to be nerf. with that hesh pen, almost all sides of all tanks is weakspot.

Thanks Clova for the thread. need more moderator like you

xX_V_Clova_V_Xx #12 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:31 AM

Sergeant

• 2537 battles
  • [BCI]

View Postaazim, on 10 January 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

i think 183 damage has to be nerf. it has highest pen with highest damage and good armor . look at grille, it has no armor, lowest pen but great accuracy and mobilty. i believe 183 gun somehow need to be nerf. with that hesh pen, almost all sides of all tanks is weakspot.

Thanks Clova for the thread. need more moderator like you

Exactly, I am totally with you on that. Hopefully FV will get nerfed on update 4.6, (next update). I try my best to help everyone. :)

~Clova.

stormventsrage2 #13 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 26577 battles

I've been playing a long time but I have no tier 9 or 10 tanks yet. That said, I watch a lot of YouTube programming that is not from War Gaming regarding gameplay (because WG advice is naturally biased toward whatever it has going at the present moment). I've seen a lot of changes since I began playing, and they have been for the worse in the last 18 months, as if designers have turned into marketers who put profit before game play. 

But tier 10 is the most scrutinized and balanced tier. One would expect that any standout tank at that tier would be regressed to the mean quickly. The complaint is supposed to be that the Deathstar is Op. But looking at the Deathstar's stats on Blitzstars, which samples better players of the game, you will see that it is sub 50% win rate,  and it is near the worst tank on the British Tech tree, with the Centurion being the worst.

It is rather much more important to buff the Centurion, both tiers. Why? Historically, it is the most successful postwar tank, a war winner if not a world beater, so it is a shame that it is the worst tank of the line. It is almost as if Russian pride kicked in when, confronted with the overwhelming losses and underperformance in the real world of the T 54, T55, and T62 against Centurions, the designers decided to reverse the stats and true capabilities. On the other hand the Deathstar was just a drawing. It wasn't built. Even the FV4005 was built. Why isn't that top of the line?

The Deathstar is not far behind the Centurion in wiping up the rear of the stats list, so I absolutely do not favor nerfing it. Like the Centurion, it should be greatly buffed!

So the complaints seem to be more about the gameplay it engenders. It is a huge random element and a pace slower. I'm all for slowing the pace of the game as it stands, because a fast pace promotes the unfun stampedes that are now prevalent. I really don't care if other tankers disagree. I don't play it and I don't ever plan to. It's stats are way too low.

Edited by stormventsrage2, 14 January 2018 - 11:30 AM.

The problem of leisure, what to do for pleasure....

Sniper_the_fox #14 Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

Sergeant

• 20632 battles
  • [DERPU]

View PostLoneReaper, on 08 January 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

Spot on

Siscon_Oniisan #15 Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:31 PM

Corporal

• 67 battles
  • [D_M]

Don't nerf. even considering all the nubs going into that tank, it already has sub-par WR. I might be biased but this "XXX TD is [edited]" thing has to stop. It's called tank destroyers for a reason. Instead of nerfing these tanks into oblivion, WG should make Lights and Mediums more relevant instead.

If these babies still won't stop whining about the Deathstar, maybe WG should just bring the Badger to replace it like what they did on the PC version. But I bet they're still going to complain about it, probably about how hard it is to pen considering it does damage, and how the cupola is not a weakness like in ther previous tier, yada yada yada.

P.S. By babies, I don't mean you, OP.

Edited by Siscon_Oniisan, 25 January 2018 - 11:33 PM.

Currently grinding and eliting: T37, T20, T29, T28 Prot., RU 251, Tiger II, LTTB, SU-152

Tier 10s: Jg Pz. E100

Premiums: Pz. S35, T-25, Löwe, M3 Light, Valentine II, IS-6, SU-76I, Light VIC, Pz S35, Pz. IV Anko SP

Kept: Stug III G, Jagdtiger, KV-2 Menacing, GuP Type 95 Ha Go

Mr_Noob7 #16 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:59 AM

Sergeant

• 20310 battles
  • [BOOM2]
It is a Medium 1/2 at Tier X.
 Hula, Hula, Hulaaaaa !

Diamond114 #17 Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:24 AM

Captain

• 15895 battles
  • [408]

Make the HESH less reliable in pen? It has to hit at an angle of less than 10-15 degrees from the vertical to penetrate, so any surface angle more than that it acts like a standard HE. Also maybe reduce the dispersion/ randomize the spread some more, but not by much. 

Otherwise I agree with the suggestion of some of the other players that it's the red tanks themselves that need to watch out for possible TD ambushes. THAT is the regular role of a TD, so if the high tier med/ light players constantly complain about being nuked by TDs it's mostly the red player's fault for being careless, not the TD nor the driver of said TD who understands how to properly use the vehicle.

As for improving higher tier playerbase, maybe limit Tier X participation and vehicle purchase until a certain combination of WR, damage/ kill ratio, and/or damage/ XP dealt on average has been fulfilled?

E.G; combination of WR of at least 48-50%, damage ratio of 1,3 minimum, kill ratio of 2 or better, average damage 1,3-1,5k or better, etc. Don't make the standards too easy, but don't make them a steep mountain either. Especially recently, it's the playerbase quality that has to improve, not the buffs/ nerfs to tanks in order to make higher tiers more competitive but still not outside the realm of impossibility for normal-skilled players to achieve.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Lord_Melchett #18 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 26135 battles
  • [1914]

183 is not OP, but its massive alpha strongly influences gameplay.  Its DPM is nothing special.

It would be interesting if they nerfed the alpha to something like the JPzE100, but increased the rate of fire (i.e. kept the DPM as it is now).  Players seem much more willing to brave a hit from an unseen Jageru than from an unspotted 183.

The again, people would just whinge about how the 183 and the Jageru have too much alpha, and encourage camping . . . people gotta whinge . . .

Creighton_Abrams #19 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21886 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Thanks WG... here I am trying to get the FV215b 183 and you guys go and NERF it too...

Hey look... why not just remove the tracks off all my tanks whilst you're at it... since it seems everything I've been working towards you've pretty much done that. 

Also, that guy's inflected accent just makes me sick....

Edited by Creighton_Abrams, 06 April 2018 - 02:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users