Do passive TDs take any skill at all?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

GoBack2Tier1 #1 Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 7753 battles
  • [WRTB]

Tell me...

Tell me again how hard it is to get into a position in a hellcat, a waffle or god forbid a 183 to do ridiculous amount of damage without getting spotted and not getting any incentive of getting spotted whenever an enemy is trying to spot.

Doesnt matter if the scout is good since it takes ganks to take out an enemy TD in a bushed spot

Heck, a high level camo on a passive TD is ridiculous. Even something as large as 183 can get a romulan cloaking device with a level 7 camo and people abuse the hell out of it. 

Again, passive TDs, thanks for ruining the role of the scout. Because you know... camo is the biggest incentive to any skilled play by I dunno... abusing a broken crew skill behind your bush and the firing out of it without getting spotted in return?

Yes I am one of the most toxic players I know of out there

https://www.blitzsta...sia/LightninWar

Noobieman #2 Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 29337 battles
  • [AVSW]
A strong beverage often helps take away the sheer frustration inflicted by hidden TD's. It is now a firm part of tactics on any biggish maps.

Rebirth_39 #3 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:40 AM

Sergeant

• 34935 battles
  • [CATS]
unfortunately i really enjoy that play style although i like pushing more often, so i like both

erwin10001 #4 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 41937 battles
  • [NETS]

there are only limited spots in each map where the TD can hide. you can always shoot blindly into the usual hiding spots before pushing forward.

Another good thing about playing passive TD is that it allows you to preserve your hp pool so that you can carry the game later?  Start off passive and then drive the TD like a medium when the need arises.

SisconOniichan #5 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:13 AM

Corporal

• 22780 battles
  • [KURO-]
Depends on the tank and player imo. I'd rather have my Waffle in some hidden corners of the map doing its thing. If its a Jageru, then its a different story.

Currently grinding and eliting: T25/2, SP I C, VK 30.01 P, Tiger I, Jagdtiger, SU-85,  Centurion I

Premiums: T-25, Löwe, Valentine II, Light VIC

Kept: Stug III G, KV-2, Comet

ashisidhu7 #6 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17701 battles
  • [-AIB-]
yes you have to think ahead of time if you actually want to reach the right spot 

2012022002.png

#DON'T KILL AUTOLOADERS

_RB_33_ #7 Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 22720 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostLightninWar, on 05 January 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

Tell me...

Tell me again how hard it is to get into a position in a hellcat, a waffle or god forbid a 183 to do ridiculous amount of damage without getting spotted and not getting any incentive of getting spotted whenever an enemy is trying to spot.

Doesnt matter if the scout is good since it takes ganks to take out an enemy TD in a bushed spot

Heck, a high level camo on a passive TD is ridiculous. Even something as large as 183 can get a romulan cloaking device with a level 7 camo and people abuse the hell out of it. 

Again, passive TDs, thanks for ruining the role of the scout. Because you know... camo is the biggest incentive to any skilled play by I dunno... abusing a broken crew skill behind your bush and the firing out of it without getting spotted in return?

Do have a look on flipside: once caught, almost any TD is easy pickings to a marauding pack of med/light tanks. Hell, even a single well-driven, fast moving medium or light tank will spell almost certain doom to a TD once it gets close.

View Posterwin10001, on 06 January 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

there are only limited spots in each map where the TD can hide. you can always shoot blindly into the usual hiding spots before pushing forward.

Another good thing about playing passive TD is that it allows you to preserve your hp pool so that you can carry the game later?  Start off passive and then drive the TD like a medium when the need arises.

Preach. this is pretty much how most TDs play so that they will still be a credible threat or a useful asset to the team come end game. Actually, there some non-TD tanks that have to be played in this manner too *looks at Leo PTA and Leo1*

ARandomSoldier #8 Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Corporal

• 14169 battles
  • [-FF-]
Yes, that defines whether you are a camper or a sniper. A skillful player would know when to relocate, such as when you are spotted or when you cannot find targets to shoot. A camper would just sit in the most famous sniping spots and not helping the team at all.

GoBack2Tier1 #9 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 7753 battles
  • [WRTB]

View Post_RB_33_, on 06 January 2018 - 11:24 PM, said:

Do have a look on flipside: once caught, almost any TD is easy pickings to a marauding pack of med/light tanks. Hell, even a single well-driven, fast moving medium or light tank will spell almost certain doom to a TD once it gets close.

Preach. this is pretty much how most TDs play so that they will still be a credible threat or a useful asset to the team come end game. Actually, there some non-TD tanks that have to be played in this manner too *looks at Leo PTA and Leo1*

Getting spotted is a big IF

and of course the "pro TD players" will always outspot the scout regardless of the situation 

because big ISU > AMX outspot is balanz xaxaxaxaxa )))))))

_RB_33_ #10 Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 22720 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostLightninWar, on 06 January 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Getting spotted is a big IF

and of course the "pro TD players" will always outspot the scout regardless of the situation 

because big ISU > AMX outspot is balanz xaxaxaxaxa )))))))

it has always been a cat and mouse game. Who spots who first. Apart from the the hig penetration and alpha damage advantage that most TDs have, camo is the only thing left that keeps most TDs from being considered a useless asset on the field. You should at least try to see it from the other end of most TD drivers: many dread the moment that they get spotted or get closed on as most TDs don't have a turret, have slow traverses (even with a turret) and have slow reload speeds that once they miss, they become sitting ducks. Don't you think that's balanced enough? Or do you want an across the board TD nerf especially with regards camo?

If I recall correctly, you introduced yourself sometime ago as a fellow who is currently on reroll (nothing wrong with that). I was under the impression that you were already familiar with this kind of setup/situation in-game and how to deal with the likes of an ISU, given that you already have experience from your previous account. At the rate you're going, I won't be surprised if WG does an across the board TD nerf. As if TDs aren't having a rough enough time already with all those high-alpha, fast moving meds and lights. Yes, some TDs got buffed recently like the Stug and Jgpz but let's get real. Once a TD gets spotted and closed, most will just cry a river.

XF1_Razer #11 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:39 AM

Sergeant

• 13305 battles
  • [DARTH]

Yes they do take skill. Every tank takes skill to play. Give a random 5 year old kid an FV215B 183 and 1vs1 him with an Ru 251. If you tell me you can’t win then that’s just your problem.

your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer 

GoBack2Tier1 #12 Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7753 battles
  • [WRTB]

View Post_RB_33_, on 07 January 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

it has always been a cat and mouse game. Who spots who first. Apart from the the hig penetration and alpha damage advantage that most TDs have, camo is the only thing left that keeps most TDs from being considered a useless asset on the field. You should at least try to see it from the other end of most TD drivers: many dread the moment that they get spotted or get closed on as most TDs don't have a turret, have slow traverses (even with a turret) and have slow reload speeds that once they miss, they become sitting ducks. Don't you think that's balanced enough? Or do you want an across the board TD nerf especially with regards camo?

If I recall correctly, you introduced yourself sometime ago as a fellow who is currently on reroll (nothing wrong with that). I was under the impression that you were already familiar with this kind of setup/situation in-game and how to deal with the likes of an ISU, given that you already have experience from your previous account. At the rate you're going, I won't be surprised if WG does an across the board TD nerf. As if TDs aren't having a rough enough time already with all those high-alpha, fast moving meds and lights. Yes, some TDs got buffed recently like the Stug and Jgpz but let's get real. Once a TD gets spotted and closed, most will just cry a river.

yeah rerolled because of the wrong reasons

actually, its not the problem of getting spotted

its how they shoot at you without getting spotted and repeatedly do the same thing over and over and over until 2 guys rush at him. Its ridiculous on how these "skill based passive TDs" just camp at borders or behind bushes and not have any incentive of getting spotted. Its not the TD but its in the fact that are way too forgiving to play, as if the damage was given on a silver platter. Take for example, the 268.

Has one of the most forgiving camo values and because this game doesnt have a certain mechanic that says "the bigger the gun, the more chances he'll get spotted", he can just lay back behind a bush, deal massive damage whoever wants to push and if the opportunity arises, play it like a medium tank with ridiculous stationary camo. On top of that, sitting 15m behind the bush would completely devoid of any risk due to the fact that the game forgives any gun that fires 15 meters behind a bush. 

_RB_33_ #13 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22720 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostLightninWar, on 07 January 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

yeah rerolled because of the wrong reasons

actually, its not the problem of getting spotted

its how they shoot at you without getting spotted and repeatedly do the same thing over and over and over until 2 guys rush at him. Its ridiculous on how these "skill based passive TDs" just camp at borders or behind bushes and not have any incentive of getting spotted. Its not the TD but its in the fact that are way too forgiving to play, as if the damage was given on a silver platter. Take for example, the 268.

Has one of the most forgiving camo values and because this game doesnt have a certain mechanic that says "the bigger the gun, the more chances he'll get spotted", he can just lay back behind a bush, deal massive damage whoever wants to push and if the opportunity arises, play it like a medium tank with ridiculous stationary camo. On top of that, sitting 15m behind the bush would completely devoid of any risk due to the fact that the game forgives any gun that fires 15 meters behind a bush. 

Aha, thank you for clearing that up. That's odd, from what I know, whenever someone fires from behind a bush, they will automatically light up. As a point of reference, whenever I use my Hellcat, being one of those ninja tanks and such, whenever I fire from behind a bush, I always light up. The only time I don't get noticed or lit firing from behind a bush is when someone else was spotting for me while I was on a faraway perch covering for my team. Perhaps that was what happened to you?

GoBack2Tier1 #14 Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 7753 battles
  • [WRTB]

View Post_RB_33_, on 07 January 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

Aha, thank you for clearing that up. That's odd, from what I know, whenever someone fires from behind a bush, they will automatically light up. As a point of reference, whenever I use my Hellcat, being one of those ninja tanks and such, whenever I fire from behind a bush, I always light up. The only time I don't get noticed or lit firing from behind a bush is when someone else was spotting for me while I was on a faraway perch covering for my team. Perhaps that was what happened to you?

Nope

stand 15 meters behind a bush and fire behind said bush and the bush deters anything from getting spotted, even a giant 183mm 

because game balance

Quite honestly, thats whats happening in the game recently

TDs being given the damage on a silver platter, especially the campy ones that get a cloacking device behind bushes

And nope I didnt get derped from driving straight, I got derped while scouting a ride and getting punished for being an active scoug while the TD gets away scoot free

because again, say it with me

game balanz

_RB_33_ #15 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 22720 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostLightninWar, on 07 January 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Nope

stand 15 meters behind a bush and fire behind said bush and the bush deters anything from getting spotted, even a giant 183mm 

because game balance

Quite honestly, thats whats happening in the game recently

TDs being given the damage on a silver platter, especially the campy ones that get a cloacking device behind bushes

And nope I didnt get derped from driving straight, I got derped while scouting a ride and getting punished for being an active scoug while the TD gets away scoot free

because again, say it with me

game balanz

then I dunno what to make of this it. It must be some sort of glitch that some players know, or whatever, I'm not sure... All I know is that I always get spotted whenever I fire from behind a bush...

Dangerous_when_Sober #16 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• 62009 battles
  • [KR0N0]
And sitting back means you have to aim shots and time well.

Hitting a medium from distance while it moves is tricky.

But, I hate the big hitting guns.

JalterBestWaifu #17 Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:37 AM

Sergeant

• 31092 battles
  • [TERRI]
For me, these TD require skill to camp, and how to hide yourselves properly, unless you are driving a Grille.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users