Captain

• 48075 battles
  • [HAVOC]
I agree with your suspicions

Lord_Melchett #22 Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19236 battles
  • [1914]

Interesting discussion, and it's good to see a thread about matchmaking stay nice.

I've definitely noticed some changes after 4.5.  One is that, despite the patch notes, I've been in plenty of battles with more than 4 of one tank type - I particularly notice the ones with many tds.  This was a problem before 4.5, but what I have also noticed is that there appear to be more battles with 4 or so tds on one team, and one or no tds on the other.  This looks like WG is not trying to match tank types across the teams, as it is obviously fairly simple, once you have selected 14 tanks for a battle, to distribute the tank types more or less equally between the 2 teams.

So, it may be that there is some WR matching going on.  That might explain the longer wait times for a platoon battle (which I have noticed), as discussed in some posts above.

I'm a bit wary of anecdotal evidence regarding WR balancing.  I know that I rarely check the win rates of the other players in my team after battle, unless it's been a heavy loss.  That is obviously a skewed sample.  Has anyone done any amount of systematic sampling that shows WR balancing is going on?

Neb10k #23 Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:22 AM

Captain

• 48075 battles
  • [HAVOC]

View PostLord_Melchett, on 09 January 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

Interesting discussion, and it's good to see a thread about matchmaking stay nice.

I've definitely noticed some changes after 4.5.  One is that, despite the patch notes, I've been in plenty of battles with more than 4 of one tank type - I particularly notice the ones with many tds.  This was a problem before 4.5, but what I have also noticed is that there appear to be more battles with 4 or so tds on one team, and one or no tds on the other.  This looks like WG is not trying to match tank types across the teams, as it is obviously fairly simple, once you have selected 14 tanks for a battle, to distribute the tank types more or less equally between the 2 teams.

So, it may be that there is some WR matching going on.  That might explain the longer wait times for a platoon battle (which I have noticed), as discussed in some posts above.

I'm a bit wary of anecdotal evidence regarding WR balancing.  I know that I rarely check the win rates of the other players in my team after battle, unless it's been a heavy loss.  That is obviously a skewed sample.  Has anyone done any amount of systematic sampling that shows WR balancing is going on?

Fair point. I will give it a go.

CaptAsshat #24 Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 23845 battles
  • [DERPU]
I noticed yesterday that my platoon mate and I couldn't get into a battle as a double Lupus combo, waited over 2min, but as soon as I changed to another tank we were straight into a battle.

Not great for us but maybe double Lupus is a bit too much so MM might be doing something ok.

But overall MM is shyte and I think going backwards over the last 12 months in terms of how effective it is.

Gentleman Tanker.

Neb10k #25 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:55 AM

Captain

• 48075 battles
  • [HAVOC]
One lupus is ugly enough

Arakasy #26 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:36 AM

Sergeant

• 10752 battles
  • [R1]

The amount of double KV-2 platoons is disgusting... probably more to do with everyone loving the Derp rather than MM

however have noticed WG likes to put kv2 platoons in with a whole team of heavy tanks... against a light/ TD team... 

just the hitpoint difference alone makes it nearly impossible to win these matches.

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #27 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:35 AM

Captain

• 14175 battles
  • [WOTSG]
Why not just lock tier v and above to those below 43.5wr? They are mostly arrogant deutschbags who pushes you around thinking they're more important 

Looking for Ke Ni Otsu plat

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie

stormventsrage2 #28 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 26515 battles

Thanks all for the discussion. I haven't determined that is safe for an old noob like me to start up playing again, but it does seem that many of you have noticed a new kind of "balance" in the Matchmaker. I feel that it is working against me more these days. But why should I complain when if it were Chess, I'd find myself eventually paired against players of my own level or I would even be given the choice of playing in class or invitational tournaments? That is, if I were paired against the average chess player, I'd win more than 90% of my games, and I ain't no grandmaster. Right now, my stats page displays a battle rating of zero. I have no desire other than to play random games unless I am given a clear ranking algorithm. I have a neutral disciplined rating. It has absolutely no reflection on my experience and effort. I hence have no interest in it. I would prefer something more objective than just win rate because wr does not reflect the fact that I spend the majority of my games on the bottom tier. It sucks even more if we are being player balanced now and WG is not telling us.

Edited by stormventsrage2, 14 January 2018 - 11:59 AM.

The problem of leisure, what to do for pleasure....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users