Hetzers

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

NeoSkyler #1 Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 20344 battles
  • [-LXG-]

Look what I just found

After I got killed in my T-34, I obsereved my teammates and saw these really cute Hetzers fighting each other

Wait, did I just said cute? Lol :D Of course I did that was my first impression despite in the midst of a war

Anyway, I had a pretty good experience with this TD. I got a number of rewards once in a single battle.

"Calm before the 'Storm strikes."

"A leviathan can be slain through wits"

Artisto81 #2 Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

Captain

• 8231 battles
I use Hetzer for seal clubbing. Hetzer is gonna Hetz.

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

Despreaux #3 Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:32 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
They aint cute when they fire HEAT on their 105mm though haha

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

CHrist1an22 #4 Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10181 battles
  • [DWT]

View Postreventer, on 01 January 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

They aint cute when they fire HEAT on their 105mm though haha

Unless they meet tracks or  really sloped/spaced armour of course... 

Metalstorm member and universal Tank Ace reporting for duty...

Tanks that I have: Object 268, KV-4, VK.30.01 (D).

SpawnIscariot #5 Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• 33763 battles
  • [STORM]
I wish there was an option to select a Primary Shell type so I don't need to remember to change my HEAT to HE before every battle.

Which I don't...

HEAT is for scaring the RNGeezus out of tenks that can penetrate you easily and have good armour, so they back the hell off while you reload the HE to finish the bugger off.

I Don't Give A Damn About Your Shoes 

I Want Your SOLES! 

http://media.indiati..._1437118329.jpg

"I do not fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, Keep going, someone must be on top of the hill, why not you?"

General George S. Patton Jr.-Advice for Mines & Malinovka.

CHrist1an22 #6 Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10181 battles
  • [DWT]

View PostSpawnIscariot, on 01 January 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

I wish there was an option to select a Primary Shell type so I don't need to remember to change my HEAT to HE before every battle.

Which I don't...

HEAT is for scaring the RNGeezus out of tenks that can penetrate you easily and have good armour, so they back the hell off while you reload the HE to finish the bugger off.

You can just pick HE, little micromanagement needed... Before battle...

Edited by CHrist1an22, 01 January 2015 - 01:18 AM.

Metalstorm member and universal Tank Ace reporting for duty...

Tanks that I have: Object 268, KV-4, VK.30.01 (D).

Col_Abrams #7 Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
Hetzer is my favourite vehicle: that derp gun just makes me giggle every time some sad, special bastards come trundling around a corner to see that big, gaping maw staring at them...then they die.
"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards..."
   Colonel Creighton W Abrams

SpawnIscariot #8 Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• 33763 battles
  • [STORM]
I know that CHrist1an, I just don't always remember, cause the Hetzer just wants to Hetz
:)

I Don't Give A Damn About Your Shoes 

I Want Your SOLES! 

http://media.indiati..._1437118329.jpg

"I do not fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, Keep going, someone must be on top of the hill, why not you?"

General George S. Patton Jr.-Advice for Mines & Malinovka.

Despreaux #9 Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:44 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
In such low tiers hhow may you expect spaced armor except on the pz 4s, sloped armor on those low tiers arent effective against the hetzer HEAT shells, even if they did they could just shoot the sides above the tracks. 

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

NeoSkyler #10 Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 20344 battles
  • [-LXG-]
When I was starting, I feared this tank the most because of the armor and gun. The tank is just too good for it's tier. You can't even circle this one because this is fast as a medium. Also I use the 76mm

Despreaux #11 Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:15 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Its traverse is fast yet its speed and ground traction is horrible. The only way to really hull lock it is by tracking it first before getting to its side. Its side armor is just horrid that most HE would go through anyways and it can be one shooted by 105mm HE anyways. If you are engaging one by range then i suggest shooting the lower glacis if you have the pen power or if not use some gold shells

Artisto81 #12 Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

Captain

• 8231 battles

View Postreventer, on 01 January 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Its traverse is fast yet its speed and ground traction is horrible. The only way to really hull lock it is by tracking it first before getting to its side. Its side armor is just horrid that most HE would go through anyways and it can be one shooted by 105mm HE anyways. If you are engaging one by range then i suggest shooting the lower glacis if you have the pen power or if not use some gold shells

When I met another Hetzer I just load HEAT if we are facing each others. Even HEAT shell would bounce the upper plate, so always aim for tge lower glacis. It require 2 shots from 105 mm gun to kill one

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

agissk #13 Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 23663 battles
  • [0X0]

its the Hetzer farm, one of them got rabies 

kill it kill it with fire

Despreaux #14 Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Just shoot 1 HEAT and 1 HE to another hetzer, efficient and effective

NeoSkyler #15 Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 20344 battles
  • [-LXG-]

View PostArtisto81, on 31 December 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

I use Hetzer for seal clubbing. Hetzer is gonna Hetz.

What's a seal clubing

give_me_a_username_pls #16 Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 15724 battles

View PostNeoSkyler, on 02 January 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

What's a seal clubing

when a really good and experienced player coming from higher tiers drops down to play the lower tiers (tier 1-4) killing newbies with a beefed up lower tier tank with a 100% crew exp and some really good equipment and consumables.

Basically it's like a really experienced player mercilessly killing the newbies from tier 1-4.

Yeah yeah I get it now.. Stop trying to give me usernames!!! Plz <(T-T< )

Mehliveat #17 Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:35 AM

Captain

• 18150 battles
  • [DP]

View Postgive_me_a_username_pls, on 02 January 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

when a really good and experienced player coming from higher tiers drops down to play the lower tiers (tier 1-4) killing newbies with a beefed up lower tier tank with a 100% crew exp and some really good equipment and consumables.

Basically it's like a really experienced player mercilessly killing the newbies from tier 1-4.

It doesn't have to be really good, but its just someone that have finished the grind for that particular tank, and takes it back out for a spin.

Typically, it will be a good to very good tank for the tier, thus the WR will be high.

It also doesn't have to be tier 1-4.  I am in the middle of the SU152 run, and I am sure it will become a great seal clubber.  Taking 1K off a Tiger II in a single shot is just bloody magnificent.  77% WR after 40 odd games, its just a crazy crazy tank.  Admittedly, for some reason not all SU152 are running derp.  I have faced off a couple Su152s face on, one shot derped one of them when they used the 122 and only took 400 odd off me.  In the other game, similar situation, I derped, got his tracks for 100 odd.  He fired back, 400 odd.  Then I derped again and he was gone.

A couple derp, a couple HEAT, the tank is crazy.

Mehliveat #18 Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:52 AM

Captain

• 18150 battles
  • [DP]
Btw, one shotting two (platoon) KV1s, one right after the other is just plain fun!!!

Edited by Mehliveat, 02 January 2015 - 04:52 AM.

Despreaux #19 Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
One shooting other SU-152s are also fun, 50 50 chance

Despreaux #20 Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:56 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Have 7 HEAT on my hetzer just to kill other hetzers and T5 tanks, 10HE to kill T4 3 and 5 if they show their sides or rear

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users