Hmm which Tier 7 or 8 tank should i get?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

MrpreGaming #1 Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

Corporal

• 6758 battles
  • [TAKEN]

Hi guys. Well, its been a while since i posted something here but here is my question. God after days of playing every day during the multiplier reset, i grinded a lot of tanks down to the point i got so many elited tanks in my garage and unable to decide which tank i should pick.

As you already know, i need to know which tank i should pick out of the list, its playstyle and reasons why. Also, im a player that adapt to various playstyles efficiently. I also want to know of u have the tank how is it stock and maxed.

Heres the list

Tier 8:

Panther 2

T-54 Ltwt.

T-44

AMX 50 100

IS-3 (20k more exp from IS)

T49 (20k more exp from M41 Bulldog)

Tier 7:

SP I C

VK 30.02D

AMX AC 46

Chi-Ri

SU-100M1

SU-152

SisconOniichan #2 Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Corporal

• 10446 battles
  • [KURO-]
SU-152 and the T49 is a blast to play with.

Currently grinding and eliting: T25/2, SP I C, VK 30.01 P, Tiger I, Jagdtiger, SU-85,  Centurion I

Premiums: T-25, Löwe, Valentine II, Light VIC

Kept: Stug III G, KV-2, Comet

Diamond114 #3 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:15 PM

Captain

• 15692 battles
  • [408]

Tier VII I would pick SP I C, VK 30.02D. Tier VIII I would pick T-54 ltwt, T-44, and IS-3. No experience on the others to help with advice yet.

- SP I C: Stay mobile and use cover, be a sneaky cheeky svoloch that always goes after dem tank booties. Be careful of getting rushed by meds and other lights if you do it alone, have company when travelling. Unlock the middle 90mm Mecar and stay with it; don`t go for the autoloader version.

- VK 30.02 D: Initial playstyle should be similar to the previous VK 30.01 D except with potentially slightly more premmo usage and Tier VII MM spread. You can keep the turret and gun of the VK 30.01 D if you like playing DPM, otherwise get the Schmallturm and the 88 L/56 and flank a lot. May take some getting used to the slower turret traverse.

T-54 ltwt: While you can on occasion skirmish like a Tier VIII medium, your armor can still get penned by Tier VIII and above HT/ TD guns, don`t fool yourself into thinking you will bounce a straight shot from heavies and TDs. Gun handling at range and on the move is also a bit awful in my experience, either be more careful with shot placement or go for VStab. Also needs to have Calibrated Shells or flank a lot since 175mm pen rarely cuts the mustard at higher tiers unless dealing with mediums and lights, and even then some higher Tier meds like T-54 can easily shrug off frontal hits unless premmo is used. Do the usual light tank thing of forward scout but don`t overextend yourself.

T-44: Unlock the LB-1 and don`t bother with the 122mm. Unlike the T-54 ltwt this tank has some usable gun depression of -7, and the turret is strong enough to bounce due to the shape from FRONT hits. Any shots slightly angled to the side from the front can and will go to your turret side armor. Gun handling from what I remember is also not bad, just pack a few premmo just in case since the pen is also quite bad. Mobility at the beginning may be a bit sluggish, once you max out the crew and get engine upgrades it`s not bad.

PS; Do make sure you have unlock the D10T on the IS if you don`t want to grind T-44 using the 85mm from the T-34/85

IS-3: At first you might struggle because turret armor isn`t that good plus that top turret hatch that ANYONE can pen frontally if they hit it, coupled with guns carried over from IS that certainly will not cut it for Tier IX fights. Mobility at the start isn`t half bad for a heavy, so focus on turret and BL-9 (going to need it as well on the ST-I line, rec`d you get it on the IS-3 because ST-I`s line doesn`t have it until you get to ST-I proper).

Once your mobility and crew is maxed out consider packing together with the mediums from time to time to provide extra firepower and armor for those lads; you have enough mobility to at least follow them, otherwise you can be more aggresive because you have that extra mobility for a heavy allowing you to move quicker to strategic positions. Be careful with guns capable of over 220-230mm pen, they can bust the pike nose even unangled frontally. Also don`t be surprised people pen your turret from time to time; blame that roof hatch.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

MrpreGaming #4 Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:00 AM

Corporal

• 6758 battles
  • [TAKEN]

View PostDiamond114, on 27 December 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Tier VII I would pick SP I C, VK 30.02D. Tier VIII I would pick T-54 ltwt, T-44, and IS-3. No experience on the others to help with advice yet.

- SP I C: Stay mobile and use cover, be a sneaky cheeky svoloch that always goes after dem tank booties. Be careful of getting rushed by meds and other lights if you do it alone, have company when travelling. Unlock the middle 90mm Mecar and stay with it; don`t go for the autoloader version.

- VK 30.02 D: Initial playstyle should be similar to the previous VK 30.01 D except with potentially slightly more premmo usage and Tier VII MM spread. You can keep the turret and gun of the VK 30.01 D if you like playing DPM, otherwise get the Schmallturm and the 88 L/56 and flank a lot. May take some getting used to the slower turret traverse.

T-54 ltwt: While you can on occasion skirmish like a Tier VIII medium, your armor can still get penned by Tier VIII and above HT/ TD guns, don`t fool yourself into thinking you will bounce a straight shot from heavies and TDs. Gun handling at range and on the move is also a bit awful in my experience, either be more careful with shot placement or go for VStab. Also needs to have Calibrated Shells or flank a lot since 175mm pen rarely cuts the mustard at higher tiers unless dealing with mediums and lights, and even then some higher Tier meds like T-54 can easily shrug off frontal hits unless premmo is used. Do the usual light tank thing of forward scout but don`t overextend yourself.

T-44: Unlock the LB-1 and don`t bother with the 122mm. Unlike the T-54 ltwt this tank has some usable gun depression of -7, and the turret is strong enough to bounce due to the shape from FRONT hits. Any shots slightly angled to the side from the front can and will go to your turret side armor. Gun handling from what I remember is also not bad, just pack a few premmo just in case since the pen is also quite bad. Mobility at the beginning may be a bit sluggish, once you max out the crew and get engine upgrades it`s not bad.

PS; Do make sure you have unlock the D10T on the IS if you don`t want to grind T-44 using the 85mm from the T-34/85

IS-3: At first you might struggle because turret armor isn`t that good plus that top turret hatch that ANYONE can pen frontally if they hit it, coupled with guns carried over from IS that certainly will not cut it for Tier IX fights. Mobility at the start isn`t half bad for a heavy, so focus on turret and BL-9 (going to need it as well on the ST-I line, rec`d you get it on the IS-3 because ST-I`s line doesn`t have it until you get to ST-I proper).

Once your mobility and crew is maxed out consider packing together with the mediums from time to time to provide extra firepower and armor for those lads; you have enough mobility to at least follow them, otherwise you can be more aggresive because you have that extra mobility for a heavy allowing you to move quicker to strategic positions. Be careful with guns capable of over 220-230mm pen, they can bust the pike nose even unangled frontally. Also don`t be surprised people pen your turret from time to time; blame that roof hatch.

Oh man thx now i know what tanks i should get next in order. Yr advice has always been helpful ;) thanks!

Neb10k #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:00 AM

Captain

• 54078 battles
  • [KR0N0]
I would have said anything but panther II.

But increased numbers of light tanks might suit Panther line.

GooglePlex_ #6 Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

Corporal

• 38984 battles
  • [DC_]
I would suggest IS-3, as USSR tanks barely require any brain cells to play. IS-3 is a well balanced tank, with great armour, mediocre gun and is quite fast as well. T44 requires you to research a lot of different expensive modules, normally one would get those modules from other lines like the T54 LT, IS-4, and IS-7 lines. 

It's not the idea that matters, it's the execution.

Diamond114 #7 Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Captain

• 15692 battles
  • [408]

In retrospect I probably should`ve added the T49, the 90mm may have mediocre pen but faster rate of fire thus allowing for more effective flanking. Once you get the 152mm it`s just a slightly less pen but much faster KV-2 with light tank armor and camo.

Too late for that I guess

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #8 Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Captain

• 15692 battles
  • [408]

View PostMrpreGaming, on 28 December 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Oh man thx now i know what tanks i should get next in order. Yr advice has always been helpful ;) thanks!

So what did you get btw?

MrpreGaming #9 Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:06 AM

Corporal

• 6758 battles
  • [TAKEN]

View PostDiamond114, on 20 January 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

So what did you get btw?

I got rhm borsig a weeks ago, then after that its either an is3 or a e75 grind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users