T95 - An Unbalanced Tank Destroyers

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Wehrmatcht #1 Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Private

• 6330 battles
  • [VN-CT]

The T95 armor is too goddam thick, how tf can its front armor reach more than 300mm, a 122mm gun on the IS6 is useless, even when I look to the T95 armor by scope, it completely red, dark red, really red, got no way to penetrate the front armor even wwith the HEAT Shells, how to play when face it, I always can't go around it because they always stay at suck a far range that I will surely die before reaching it, this tank destroyers is so unbalanced, haven't mentioned the 128mm (or approximately that) gun. It need to be nerfed real hard please.

_RB_33_ #2 Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 22676 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostWehrmatcht, on 20 December 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

The T95 armor is too goddam thick, how tf can its front armor reach more than 300mm, a 122mm gun on the IS6 is useless, even when I look to the T95 armor by scope, it completely red, dark red, really red, got no way to penetrate the front armor even wwith the HEAT Shells, how to play when face it, I always can't go around it because they always stay at suck a far range that I will surely die before reaching it, this tank destroyers is so unbalanced, haven't mentioned the 128mm (or approximately that) gun. It need to be nerfed real hard please.

I had to stop myself from laughing and making assumptions from your post, no offense. If I may ask, what tank were you using that you had trouble circling a T95? If you were in a heavy, then that's understandable as heavy tanks are a tank destroyer's natural prey. Based on your post, I would assume that you were using the IS6 during your encounters with the T95. If that's the case, your best bet is to coordinate with your teammates to overwhelm it with numbers advantage from multiple directions.

In my honest opinion, the T95 does not need a nerf. Basing from your post, you have most likely encountered a T95 driven by a veteran player. Now why this assumption? It is rare to find a noob type player rush up the tiers or buy his/her way up to a rather unpopular tank like the T95. Out on the open, and unsupported, the T95 is VERY vulnerable to attack from multiple directions and also VERY vulnerable to fast-moving opponents. A wise T95 driver would cover a flank/lane like a tight valley wherein opponents will be hard pressed to flank it.

That aside, based on how you made your post, you look like you're one of those players who are whining to have a tank nerfed because their favorite Russian heavy has problems dealing wIth it.

bigben21 #3 Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

T95 is the slowest tank in the game. Never fight 95 in the face. Go target other tanks first, choose weaker targets. Usually he is alone as his team mates will leave him behind. Ignore 95, he can’t chase you down. He can’t do anything but crawl slowly toward you. Come back again and go for his a s s and his side the weak spots. Side hug him or go behind his a s s and he is as good as dead. Not difficult to do this as he is dead slow.

If he is surrounded and supported by team mates in a good team which is a rare case nowadays then there is trouble. Again pick the right target. Focus fire and come back to 95 later. However, this needs your team to know what to do, which is also a rare case nowadays.

bigben21 #4 Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

View Post_RB_33_, on 20 December 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

I had to stop myself from laughing and making assumptions from your post, no offense. If I may ask, what tank were you using that you had trouble circling a T95? If you were in a heavy, then that's understandable as heavy tanks are a tank destroyer's natural prey. Based on your post, I would assume that you were using the IS6 during your encounters with the T95. If that's the case, your best bet is to coordinate with your teammates to overwhelm it with numbers advantage from multiple directions.

In my honest opinion, the T95 does not need a nerf. Basing from your post, you have most likely encountered a T95 driven by a veteran player. Now why this assumption? It is rare to find a noob type player rush up the tiers or buy his/her way up to a rather unpopular tank like the T95. Out on the open, and unsupported, the T95 is VERY vulnerable to attack from multiple directions and also VERY vulnerable to fast-moving opponents. A wise T95 driver would cover a flank/lane like a tight valley wherein opponents will be hard pressed to flank it.

That aside, based on how you made your post, you look like you're one of those players who are whining to have a tank nerfed because their favorite Russian heavy has problems dealing wIth it.

Oh yes I would agree with RB22. Please do us a favour do not rush through tiers. You can learn to play better by watching Bushka or Sky8tm videos in youtube. 

Once you have learn to play better it’s not difficult to score at least 50-60% win rate for your lower tier tanks. Then move up the tiers. I believe you would be winning more games this way.

Ronnel_999 #5 Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

Sergeant

• 22955 battles
  • [BOOM2]
In my own opinion I think that the T95 needs a speed buff because it's so slow. I don't own one but have killed a few of them and they are so easily killed and it's like stat padding. Whenever I'm on a light or a medium and I see that the reds have a T95, I start by hunting it down because they are so easy to deal with. Even my slow T-54 Mod 1 easily circles it without problems. One game I had a few hours back using my ST1 is when I got cornered by 3 reds including the T95. I was firing prammo but the T95 just pushed and killed me. I was trying to run away but without the top engine and top tracks (I'm using double fuel), my ST1 is as slow as the T95, lol. I think that fighting it frontally is very difficult especially with a slow tank like the ST1 but if you can somehow flank it, it should be easy. Because T95 is very slow, usually it's all alone by itself and easy to flank. The problem starts when someone is staying with it and protecting it's rear then that's a huge problem. 

f1reguy #6 Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 38228 battles
  • [1914]
Like the 183 players have to endure a really painful trek to get these things, I don’t mind the t95 or the big hitters like the 183, it’s just means that you must pay attention to where you are, where you are going and when to go there. Take those tanks away and ppl will drive around un obstructed yoloing everywhere, we need time consuming machines around for external balance, though maybe not put three in each team lol

Wehrmatcht #7 Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:55 AM

Private

• 6330 battles
  • [VN-CT]

Well i all agree with you guys that I'm pretty much a noob, but still, every time I encounter the T95, it never alone, and all the time my teammates dont care about it, jusst let me alone dealing with it, I do got the E50 which pretty fast but just a 88mm, hard to penetrate its armor, the IS6 takes 14s to reload, so every time you know... Maybe after I'm saying this I will become a completely noob :v.

Also may I ask that to research a Ferdinand T8 from the the Tiger(P), it costs me up to 150k XP, There's no such T8 vehicles required that much XP ? In my other accounts I just see it costs 77,5k XP. Can someone tell me why ? Thanks XD

Wehrmatcht #8 Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:07 AM

Private

• 6330 battles
  • [VN-CT]

Haha, now I realized that the mobility of the T95 is 0%, how can a heavily tank like that just got an engine of 650hp xD

bigben21 #9 Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

View PostWehrmatcht, on 21 December 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

Well i all agree with you guys that I'm pretty much a noob, but still, every time I encounter the T95, it never alone, and all the time my teammates dont care about it, jusst let me alone dealing with it, I do got the E50 which pretty fast but just a 88mm, hard to penetrate its armor, the IS6 takes 14s to reload, so every time you know... Maybe after I'm saying this I will become a completely noob :v.

Also may I ask that to research a Ferdinand T8 from the the Tiger(P), it costs me up to 150k XP, There's no such T8 vehicles required that much XP ? In my other accounts I just see it costs 77,5k XP. Can someone tell me why ? Thanks XD

Lol we are not saying you are a noo b. Just maybe not enough experience to contribute much to the team in higher tier games. 

You said have to deal with 95 alone, that maybe shed a light. See 95 usually won’t go high ground. They do but very seldom given their weaknesses. So avoid going to flat ground or densed area, places where 95 will have an edge, in order to avoid it and not to die early in the game. Also you do not have to engage very enemy you see. Sometimes running away is winning half the battle. Staying alive and do as much damage is key to winning the game. 

You do not have to play tier x or viii to learn all these. 

Play Tier 4, 5 or 6 You will meet AT2. Same thing most cannot pent this monster. But playing in those tiers are more forgiving. Once you have accumulated enough experience, playing higher tier is more enjoyable.

Edited by bigben21, 21 December 2017 - 04:12 AM.

_RB_33_ #10 Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 22676 battles
  • [101AS]

View Postbigben21, on 21 December 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

Lol we are not saying you are a noo b. Just maybe not enough experience to contribute much to the team in higher tier games. 

You said have to deal with 95 alone, that maybe shed a light. See 95 usually won’t go high ground. They do but very seldom given their weaknesses. So avoid going to flat ground or densed area, places where 95 will have an edge, in order to avoid it and not to die early in the game. Also you do not have to engage very enemy you see. Sometimes running away is winning half the battle. Staying alive and do as much damage is key to winning the game. 

You do not have to play tier x or viii to learn all these. 

Play Tier 4, 5 or 6 You will meet AT2. Same thing most cannot pent this monster. But playing in those tiers are more forgiving. Once you have accumulated enough experience, playing higher tier is more enjoyable.

This.

@Wermacht

If I may advise, you might want to change or adjust a bit your mindset or how you say things. It can go a very long way in helping you become a better player. Instead of saying "This tank is too OP. Please nerf.", try saying or thinking "This tank is tough. How can I defeat it?" :)

Diamond114 #11 Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View Post_RB_33_, on 22 December 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

This.

@Wermacht

If I may advise, you might want to change or adjust a bit your mindset or how you say things. It can go a very long way in helping you become a better player. Instead of saying "This tank is too OP. Please nerf.", try saying or thinking "This tank is tough. How can I defeat it?" :)

You lot basically took the words out of my mouth. 

And basically like what you guys says, T28/ T95 is weak when alone, stronk when used as a battering ram with the rest of its team covering its flank and rear. Very hard if not almost impossible to win against a T28/ T95 in a team that knows what they're doing

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

GoBack2Tier1 #12 Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 7753 battles
  • [WRTB]

if you dont know how to kill a doom turtle, get the hell out of high tier

just [edited]

dont know how to snipe or flank? dont play high tier. Also, uninstall WOT Blitz and play something else... like War Robots

Yes I am one of the most toxic players I know of out there

https://www.blitzsta...sia/LightninWar

GoBack2Tier1 #13 Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 7753 battles
  • [WRTB]
Wait a minute are you tier rushing?
Dont.
Tier.
Rush.
Like dont... seriously

Yes I am one of the most toxic players I know of out there