Most OP tank in game?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

lexus7204 #21 Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

Sergeant

• 20808 battles
  • [NQE7]

View PostDiamond114, on 07 May 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

Front turret armor excluding the driver section (which isn't that big) is very good, mobility good enough to keep up with meds in supporting their push, nasty gun with a high average alpha. May not be much for heavy tanks, but this thing is a bane to meds.

it’s a med killer. trade with ur high alpha and be agressuve towards mediums as you can bounce their shells while u pen 

Edited by lexus7204, 06 May 2018 - 11:40 PM.

Member of FEAST.

Premiums:  KpfPz 70, IS-5, Panther M/10, SU-122-44, Kuro, AC IV Sentinel, Pz V/IV, Anko SP, SU-85I, A-32, Pz.B2, Hetzer SP, T-15, T-127, BT-7 art., T7 Car, Light VIC.

Normal tenks: T1, Pz. 35 (t), Chaffee, KV-2, T21, T-54, T-62A, Object 140, IS-8, Centurion 7/1

JalterBestWaifu #22 Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:48 AM

Sergeant

• 31106 battles
  • [TERRI]

Front turret armor excluding the driver section (which isn't that big) is very good, mobility good enough to keep up with meds in supporting their push, nasty gun with a high average alpha. May not be much for heavy tanks, but this thing is a bane to meds.

That speed is half-assed, AMX or E5 or T57 or IS-7 still have faster speed than a modern MBT. The turret armor is useless in actual combat, unless you can beat 10 degree depression tanks with that crappy 5 degree depression in some hull-down position, no one will aim at the turret, they aim at your cupola. The accuracy and penetration and DPM is a joke of tier 9 too.

lexus7204 #23 Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:22 AM

Sergeant

• 20808 battles
  • [NQE7]

View Posttsangpuilung, on 31 May 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

That speed is half-assed, AMX or E5 or T57 or IS-7 still have faster speed than a modern MBT. The turret armor is useless in actual combat, unless you can beat 10 degree depression tanks with that crappy 5 degree depression in some hull-down position, no one will aim at the turret, they aim at your cupola. The accuracy and penetration and DPM is a joke of tier 9 too.

lol? I can bounce shots quite well from the turret, accuracy is okay, appreciate the high alpha u rw getting 

Member of FEAST.

Premiums:  KpfPz 70, IS-5, Panther M/10, SU-122-44, Kuro, AC IV Sentinel, Pz V/IV, Anko SP, SU-85I, A-32, Pz.B2, Hetzer SP, T-15, T-127, BT-7 art., T7 Car, Light VIC.

Normal tenks: T1, Pz. 35 (t), Chaffee, KV-2, T21, T-54, T-62A, Object 140, IS-8, Centurion 7/1

JalterBestWaifu #24 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:25 AM

Sergeant

• 31106 battles
  • [TERRI]

View Postlexus7204, on 31 May 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

lol? I can bounce shots quite well from the turret, accuracy is okay, appreciate the high alpha u rw getting 

I appreciate it, especially when trading fire with IS-7 and found out that 130mm can do more damage in one go than my scrap gun(i.e. 470 to 515)

Diamond114 #25 Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View Postlexus7204, on 07 May 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

it’s a med killer. trade with ur high alpha and be agressuve towards mediums as you can bounce their shells while u pen 

Most meds at its Tier spread can potentially out-DPM the MBT-70, so I wouldn`t recommend brawling alone unless you have friends around you.

Hull is not special, and folks who know what this thing can do will most likely load Gold ammo in anticipation.

That said, for tanking extra shots and dealing extra damage when you push with your medium teammates I like this tank very much. That has been some of my preferred tactics when I`m in mobile heavies that can relatively keep up with meds (IS-3 also another very good one to use in such situations)

View PostJalterBestWaifu, on 31 May 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

I`m fine with the speed. Used to handle KV-3, Tiger II, Tiger P, T29 regularly without Engine Boost and using Improved Control on some of them. As for the turret armor I do keep remind myself while playing it to look for shallower hills or simply hug the low ground at all times, and take cover on base of hills or use reverse slopes instead of the hill proper like the usual US Heavy Tank tactics. Recent (well, a few months back) runs in the KV-13 and some bitter experiences in the T-54 helps hammer that point home (and you all know how much I HATE KV-13`s gun depression. Slowly making it work like I used to run it). Biggest cupola (driver`s cupola) is on the left side, so I try peeking right corners as much as possible. If not, then make myself a minimal exposure target and go from there. 

As for pen, adequate when against meds, may struggle against some heavies, but then again I run Calibrated Shells and keep my engagement range at medium range. All else fails, well, you know the drill. Accuracy was OK in my experience, not uber amazing, but enough to go by the way I play my MBT-70.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Ronnel_999 #26 Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:47 AM

Sergeant

• 22956 battles
  • [BOOM2]
This is an old thread but for those who says that Pz 2J is OP, please think again. I bought mine believing that it was OP but sadly it's not. Maybe it was OP before the ammo pen nerf but now it just sux. It's gun is so anemic that even when I'm spamming apcr it can barely penetrate same tier 3 tanks. You have to aim hard for weak spots using apcr even on same tier tanks with armor and that goes even harder when it meets tier 4. I've lost 60,000 credits in a game spamming apcr and we still lost the game. It's so slow that even nubz driving fast tanks can easily go around it and pen it's weak spots. Tier 4s will have no problems penning it and it can't do anything. It's a mediocre tank nowadays and it's a tank I really regret buying. It's just a cash-grab so please don't buy it. Pz 2J is a bucket load of joke!

I borrowed a friend's account and played his Ke-Ni Otsu and it too suffers from pen nerf. I had to spam apcr. Good or experienced players will have a field day driving their Cruriser IV and bulling the Ke-ni Otsu. Against inexperienced players, yes the Ke-ni can still be OP.. 

Edited by Ronnel_999, 10 June 2018 - 01:49 AM.

liamla #27 Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:15 AM

Private

• 14201 battles
  • [OM3GA]

op tank in the game is the skill of the user, any tank can be op, u just need skill 

Edited by liamla, 10 June 2018 - 08:18 AM.

chriscool0 #28 Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:44 AM

Private

• 13484 battles

My friend, lexus7204, asked me to respond and debunk the claims you had of ke ni otsu since I own the kenny.

View PostRonnel_999, on 10 June 2018 - 01:47 AM, said:

I borrowed a friend's account and played his Ke-Ni Otsu and it too suffers from pen nerf. I had to spam apcr. Good or experienced players will have a field day driving their Cruriser IV and bulling the Ke-ni Otsu. Against inexperienced players, yes the Ke-ni can still be OP.. 

It is true that the peneration of the ke ni otsu is worse than bread crumbs firing from an air cannon, but don't forget that armor in tier 3 is more soft than a strawberry generation's feelings, so the kenny's peneration is quite decent and you would be able to penerate all the other tier 3 tanks frontally other than the amx's with regular ap rounds. With this in mind, you would need to regurgitate your premuim ap when you see an amx tank. Fighting against tier 4's is another story though, you would still be able penerate most of the tanks frontally, but you can't reliable pen them with normal ap.

There is no way an equal skilled cruiser 4 would beat a ke ni otsu.

The ke ni otsu is known for its monsterous dpm at tier 3, enough to kill most tanks with 3 clips, so the kenny would be able to kill the cruiser 4 in a dpm race.

Kenny also has better gun handling stats than the cruiser 4 and they both tie with the same amount of gun depression at 15 degrees. Kenny also has a tiny profile, so it is much harder to hit kenny when hull down and using its gun depression than a cruiser 4.

With more effective dpm and a smaller profile, there is no way a cruiser 4 will beat the ke ni otsu.

Ronnel_999 #29 Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

Sergeant

• 22956 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View Postchriscool0, on 10 June 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

My friend, lexus7204, asked me to respond and debunk the claims you had of ke ni otsu since I own the kenny.

It is true that the peneration of the ke ni otsu is worse than bread crumbs firing from an air cannon, but don't forget that armor in tier 3 is more soft than a strawberry generation's feelings, so the kenny's peneration is quite decent and you would be able to penerate all the other tier 3 tanks frontally other than the amx's with regular ap rounds. With this in mind, you would need to regurgitate your premuim ap when you see an amx tank. Fighting against tier 4's is another story though, you would still be able penerate most of the tanks frontally, but you can't reliable pen them with normal ap.

There is no way an equal skilled cruiser 4 would beat a ke ni otsu.

The ke ni otsu is known for its monsterous dpm at tier 3, enough to kill most tanks with 3 clips, so the kenny would be able to kill the cruiser 4 in a dpm race.

Kenny also has better gun handling stats than the cruiser 4 and they both tie with the same amount of gun depression at 15 degrees. Kenny also has a tiny profile, so it is much harder to hit kenny when hull down and using its gun depression than a cruiser 4.

With more effective dpm and a smaller profile, there is no way a cruiser 4 will beat the ke ni otsu.

I don't know if Cruiser IV is no match for Kei-ni Otsu because I usually hunt for them and I never found them to be a problem. I prioritize them because it clearly shows that they are seal clubbers themselves. 

But when I'm using the Ke-ni Otsu against nubs, then it's dpm really helps and can carry games but against experienced seal clubbers, it's basically an easy prey. 
It's pen is so low that most often tier 4 tanks with armor like DW2 will trade shots with it and just spam HE and usually killing it instantly. I believe it's not always the stats like dmp and huge gun depression that counts because in reality, there are so many good seal clubbers in low tiers who doesn't get intimidated by it. Maybe one on one and both players have same win rate the, Cruiser IV will lose but that's not always the case. Many seal clubbers are using amored OP tanks and often in platoons too. The good thing about the Cruiser 4 is at least it has some space armor and can get some lucky bounce. I just used the Cruiser IV as an example but there are lots of other tanks that can cause the Kei-ni Otsu some huge problems like Pz S35, T82, T-46, SU-76i and don't forget the AMX40, Hetzer, Valentine and DW2 which are some of the favorite of seal clubbers. You said "there's no way an equal skilled cruiser 4 would beat a Ke-Ni Otsu", yes this is true but since we have 7 vs 7 in a battle and since the meta has changed especially with ammo pen and with new stronger armored tanks added, I think Ke-Ni Otsu lost a bit of it's luster... 

Your friend lexus7204 is a unicum and surely he can out perform the majority of the seals. My friend who owns the Ke-ni Otsu is not a unicum and has white stats only and he told me that he barely uses it now because it burns credits and gets HEed a lot. I'm just a lowly green player and I say that it's anemic. I'm just talking in the general players stat prospective. Give a unicum a tier 1 tank and they'll still bring home a Raseiniai... Please tell your friend that he belongs to the top class of players and he can surely carry games with his Ostu, but it doesn't happen that much to ordinary players like myself :)

By the way, my son's friend gave me their Blitz account and one of those accounts have an Otsu... so basically I have an Otsu too :)
Just an opinion coming from a shameless seal clubber :)

Edited by Ronnel_999, 10 June 2018 - 10:35 AM.

jzmalexander #30 Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:05 AM

Sergeant

• 15682 battles
  • [JD]

View PostxXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, on 14 December 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Ke Ni Otsu. End of discussion... 

View PostNova_Spirit, on 15 December 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

True definition of a broken tank, as it was literally a mistake by WG

View PostLeadFaun, on 18 February 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

1. N/A: none of them are overpowered.

2. T-18?

3. Ke-Ni Otsu

4. A-20

5. T67 or Leopard 

6. M4A3E2

7. SU-152 

8. RU-251 or IS-6 or JP2 hulldown

9. T-54

10. The other Russian medium, not the T-62A.

Note: this list does not include any anime tanks.

Ypu all say ke-ni otsu, and i agree, But You guys Remember when wg released the sherman firefly line? 

Back then for one update the cruiser II was The keni otsu, it had the 4 shell magazine, and a 3 second magazine reload. 

FireRadical #31 Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:58 AM

Sergeant

• 17551 battles
  • [OM3GA]

the turret armour isnt as thick as you think all you have to do is switch to premium rounds and boom easy pen on the turret armour. Even ur high pen TDs will have no problem penning tht turret

Good luck on the battlefield! May RNGesus be with you.

From your average mate,

FireRadical

FireRadical #32 Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:04 AM

Sergeant

• 17551 battles
  • [OM3GA]

Tier 1: NA (well they are getting removed ._.)

Tier 2: T-18 (press F for respect after update 5.5)

Tier 3: Ke-Ni Otsu

Tier 4: A-20

Tier 5: Leopard (T67 if it wasnt nerfed ._.)

Tier 6: Cromwell B (accept it its got mobility depression rof)

tier 7: Dracula (helsing h0 a touch down from drac imo)

tier 8: IS-5, IS-6

tier 9: NA (if u say T-54 then i can say E50 also tho it lacks mobility armour is superior to the t-54 plus accuracy)

tier 10: NA (if u say cheiftain then u fail see how bad the side armour is -.-';)

From your average mate,

FireRadical

FireRadical #33 Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:15 AM

Sergeant

• 17551 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View PostLoneReaper, on 14 December 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

This is a matter of personal opinion but here is my top 10 on the fly (Errors may have been made)

Tier 1: N/A

Tier 2: Cruiser III

Tier 3: Cruiser IV/ Kenny /T46

Tier 4: DW2

Tier 5: T14/Crusader (KV1 is only good against new players) Leopard

Tier 6: KV2 

Tier 7: FANTASY TANKS

Tier 8: T54 Proto

Tier 9: Pz70

Tier 10: Deathstar

I srsly believe most tanks u felt op... was because u played well in it *facepalm* Kenny yes OP, Leopard yes also OP Kv1... thts because newbs dk how to deal with it... KV-2 NOT OP...maybe to u but generally not OP. Same for Pz 70, T54 Proto and Deathstar

View PostLeadFaun, on 18 February 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

1. N/A: none of them are overpowered.

2. T-18?

3. Ke-Ni Otsu

4. A-20

5. T67 or Leopard 

6. M4A3E2

7. SU-152 

8. RU-251 or IS-6 or JP2 hulldown

9. T-54

10. The other Russian medium, not the T-62A.

Note: this list does not include any anime tanks.

JP2 hulldown... thts pretty situational. IS-6 kinda a true though i find it very hard to tell which is OP XD. RU-251... def u aint the kind to get slammed dunked on by a T49 on a daily basis. its not OP trust me its not. Its good but not OP. T-54... looks OP cause its easier to play. OBj 140... u srsly kidding me? t62a is clearly the better tank, better turret armour better gun handling. the oni advantage obj 140 has over 62a? top speed and better hull armour. Plus its far easier to pen an obj 140 turret (trust me its legit easy to pen tht turret of obj 140 dun say about 1v1s TRs im talking abt public battles) than a t62a turret.

Honestly, the oni reasons why some of u think its OP is because of 1) stats, 2) ur performance with it. People most OP tank tier to tier is not equal to the tank u play the best in -.-'

From your average mate,

FireRadical

IDONTCARE_2 #34 Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:22 AM

Corporal

• 23780 battles
  • [SEALZ]

All personal preferences

Tier 1: Leichttraktor (Accurate gun is good if you can use it)

Tier 2: All suck

Tier 3: T-46 (240 clip potential with only 10-11s reload)

Tier 4: D.W.2 (160 dmg gun with 103 pen and 8s reload, armor is also good when angled)

Tier 5: T-34 or Type T-34 (A gun that only has 90 dmg but 2.3s reload minimum)

Tier 6: KV-1S (Too fast with such a great gun)

Tier 7: T6 Dracula or Type 62 (Fast and a high rpm gun with ridiculous premium shells)

Tier 8: Rhm.-Borsig Waffentrager (Very sneaky TD that has a turret and a deadly gun)

Tier 9: Waffentrager auf Pz.IV (Sneaky TD with a even more deadly gun, with a turret of course)

Tier 10: FV215b (183) (Superb alpha damage, good AP that can pen all tanks if aimed well, also the HE can do massive damage even when not penetrating)

Tanks that are my babes: WT auf Pz4 (OP/ridiculously strong and I love it), E50M, T-54, E50, Obj268, Hellcat, Bromwell, KV2, ISU152, LTTB, T54 LWT, JP2, IS7

Tanks that I hate: KV4, Tanks driven by bots or poor players (especially below tier 5), 

Tanks that I am trying to ACE: KV4, Y5 ELC

ThicChopstick #35 Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:51 PM

Private

• 5722 battles

Tier 5 : kv1

Tier 6 : jg iv

Tier 7 : dracula, lupus, bp

Tier 8/9/10 : many stupid tanks but not as broken as the others listed above

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users