Upcoming balance adjustments

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

SonderAbteilung #41 Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50029 battles
  • [ASFOW]

Nerf  Ferdinand. ... why ? 

Perhaps statistically it is OP but not in reality.  

It's like the IS3-D statistically it has the worst dpm in tier 8 ruski IS family,  but it is OP in reality.  

Please don't touch Ferdi. 

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

GooglePlex_ #42 Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:54 AM

Corporal

• 41874 battles
  • [-SQ-]

View PostZia_Ul_Amin, on 22 January 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

HI developers , please do fix the match making and when we play in platoon at night it takes too much time to start some time we couldnt play at night , i am from pakistan ,

there are many players in queue but when i add the players available in each tier they could not match the amount of players available in queue. please fix this problem, i play in asia server , sorry i mention it in last .

How is that related to 4.6 update balance changes?

Flicka Da Wrist | No skill all luck

GooglePlex_ #43 Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:55 AM

Corporal

• 41874 battles
  • [-SQ-]

View PostTankTaxidermist, on 23 January 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

It's like the IS3-D statistically it has the worst dpm in tier 8 ruski IS family,  but it is OP in reality.  

Pfft, don't nerf Ferdinand? Let's see a Tier 7 pen a hull down Ferdinand. Especially if it's using the Maus gun. 470 alpha in Tier 8, with armour and decent speed. Give me a reason why they shouldn't nerf it.

Edited by GooglePlex_, 23 January 2018 - 05:56 AM.

Flicka Da Wrist | No skill all luck

ZIoydd #44 Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:04 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostJeanneThiccWaifu, on 22 January 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

When you doesnt find anything remotely refer to AT-Series and VK 45.02 (A) on the Upcoming Balance
Sad

This tanks are good. Look on the stats :)

View PostHarshpolu, on 22 January 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

hello zloydd :-) 

for Tiger P ,nerf, I can understand for it has good armour ,hmmm

but Tiger l !!!!, tiger was one of worst heavy at tier 7 ,but since buff it has been nice for its gun balances it's weak armour , but now nerf??, may I know why??

tiger l can pen penned by all meds and lights easily , for tier 6 it's okiesh (not good ,but okiesh) , against 7 it's like too weak already , nerf for tiger l will make bad again 

One of Best tank in History, suffers badly in World Of Tanks ,feels weird already 

it has been in garage unused for long ,since buff I have been using it sometimes ,now nerf again - likely to go back to garage again then ,

i cant understand why Ferdinand is being nerfed too, for its already slow,I don't find it OP in anyway ,except that players have been going for it lately or so maybe 

BIGGEST thing of All is - WHY IS T62A RECEIVING CONTINUOUS BUFF's EVEN THOUGH ITS MUCH BETTER NOW 

Where are you taking it too?, Fake??, it's going to surpass German Accuracy ,seriously??, Since when??, Its so annoying 

Again I Say - THE LAST THIS GAME WAS GOOD WAS TILL 3.7 version only , as 3.8 dropped, it has been going to downfall only and it's going down n down and I don't see those old good players who were before , only few remain :-) 

new player base isn't that interesting and good as old were :-) 

rest ur wish :-)

good going :-) 

Tiger 1 is OP now, so we will nerf it.

Ferdinand is too strong for tier 8 (look stats)

T62-A is the worst MT tier 10.

ZIoydd #45 Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:05 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostZia_Ul_Amin, on 22 January 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

HI developers , please do fix the match making and when we play in platoon at night it takes too much time to start some time we couldnt play at night , i am from pakistan ,

there are many players in queue but when i add the players available in each tier they could not match the amount of players available in queue. please fix this problem, i play in asia server , sorry i mention it in last .

Hi!

We try to fix it.

ZIoydd #46 Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostTankTaxidermist, on 23 January 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

Pls, look stats and answer your question yourself

B_SaltyMadd #47 Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:08 AM

Captain

• 30271 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostZIoydd, on 23 January 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

Grille is the worst TD tier 10 as well (look stats)

where is the buff for it? :trollface:

FV215b(183) is the highest damage TD Tier 10 (look stats)

where is the nerf for it? :playing: (and obj.268 is nerfed so 183 will be next?)

Edited by Maddoxkkm, 23 January 2018 - 07:08 AM.

Leader Of The Union

Council member of Clan Wars Asia (Link to Post)

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

ankitgusai19 #48 Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 39916 battles
  • [-LXG-]

View PostZia_Ul_Amin, on 23 January 2018 - 03:25 AM, said:

when you are playing in platoon, MM will try to find equal level platoon and until it finds a combination you will remain in queue, nothing wrong with it. 
it was not like this before, and it used to give slight unfair advantage to the team that had platoon to the OPfors who didnt had a platoon. 

ZIoydd #49 Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:13 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 23 January 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

where is the nerf for it? :playing: (and obj.268 is nerfed so 183 will be next?)

About Grille is the worst, but  it is in the acceptable values

FV215b 183 is specific tank with good damage, but bad win rate, so we don't plan fix this tank

ankitgusai19 #50 Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 39916 battles
  • [-LXG-]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 23 January 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Side question,

Grille still has 50 degree of arc each side right? which was due nerf to 30(?).
it's DPM was nerfed ever slightly, which WG admitted was a error they made when they adjusted crew inside Grille 15, did they ever changed it? 

And for 183, i think they will wait till they find a proper balancing parameter. i find players have highly subjective feeling towards 183 and any change WG makes likely to make few players salty.

SonderAbteilung #51 Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50029 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostZIoydd, on 23 January 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

Yup , 

Just looked at the stats. It is doing very well . However according to your way of thinking because a tank does very well in good hands , then you ought to look at the poor borsig ... it got so badly nerfed... 

Did you had a look at the HT and MT tanks also ? 

Unsurprisingly IS3D and T54 mod 1 are on top  1 position.  They won't be nerfed I suppose? 

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

Neb10k #52 Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

Captain

• 56760 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostZIoydd, on 23 January 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

Sure.

But please provide additional statistics:

Average WR of players per tank. For all the examples you cite.

Even better - average Tank WR per WR of Players using the tank - so a normalised tank WR.

Is the E50M played by better players on average than the T62A?

Provide some evidence that it’s the tank not the players.

It is very misleading to look at raw WR per tank.

The example of the Loewe is good (see this thread). If it’s given to complete begginers in crates the WR will be misleading.

Edited by Neb10k, 23 January 2018 - 10:43 AM.

Neb10k #53 Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

Captain

• 56760 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostTankTaxidermist, on 23 January 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Yup , 

Just looked at the stats. It is doing very well . However according to your way of thinking because a tank does very well in good hands , then you ought to look at the poor borsig ... it got so badly nerfed... 

Unsurprisingly IS3D and T54 mod 1 are on top  1 position.  They won't be nerfed I suppose? 

Great example of where WR is a bad guide.

BUT perhaps this is all intended. Nerf good tanks to restrict good players, keep begginers happy.

anthonylei01 #54 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

Captain

• 15821 battles
  • [CPVA]

regarding the 55%-65% player stats, can you tell us the sample size of these stats out of the entire ASIA player base?

to me, it feels like a small sample size. 

In 90% of my game, I don't see player with over 55% WR in both teams (except me, of course)

it feels wrong to balance tanks based on a small portion of the playerbase 

Ronnel_999 #55 Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

Sergeant

• 21805 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostTankTaxidermist, on 23 January 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Yup , 

They wont and shouldn't get a nerf or paying customers will really get angry.

AdmiralAlvin #56 Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:07 AM

Corporal

• 8065 battles
  • [HERO_]
183 and KV2. Who thought it would be a good idea to have a HT shoot straight through another HT IN THE FRONT WITH HE?
A KV2 shooting premium ammo (that has 5 degrees of normalisation) still has more DPM than any other autoloaders shooting AP in tier 6, while Kv2s have still been pulling snapshots off with relative ease, given the small size of maps and the soft stats that make the shells go more towards the centre of the reticle. (As someone said above, its quite the contrary of the Strv 74A2, with the weird gun handling and all.)
The HUGE and well armored gun mantlet can bounce a lot of shots, and from distance even the most accurate gun in the tier (I believe it's the Pz. IV S. with 0.288, all equipments loaded) will inevitably hit the mantlet, and it will usually bounce.
The KV2 has always been known for one shoting tier 7 light tanks with ease, and boasts 1) better penetration when compared to the T49, a TANK TWO TIERS UP; 2) higher alpha when compared to the T49; while also having 3) better soft stats, 4) tier-by-tier, armor; while also having 5) standard and premium AP, with better normalisation with the added ability to shoot through spaced armor and obstacles.
Granted, maybe a Kv2 can't flank and shoot tanks up their rear, but the ability to pen most tanks in the front with HE (or splash 500 damage with module and crew damage into the side of a sidescraping T150) makes it broken. Now that's something even the T49 with all the speed can't do.

AdmiralAlvin #57 Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:13 AM

Corporal

• 8065 battles
  • [HERO_]
The KV2 needs to be buffed: as I've mentioned there are some drawbacks, but even though the pros significantly outweigh the cons, I'm tired of remembering which tank is more op in which department. Why not just make it the best in all the aspects? It's a lot more easier to remember that way. It should have 0.4 accuracy like the 183, and improved aim time as well. Speed should be improved to at least on par with the AMX 12t, but with the Vk2801's acceleration, and the hull armor should be sloped back.

ZIoydd #58 Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Postanthonylei01, on 23 January 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

regarding the 55%-65% player stats, can you tell us the sample size of these stats out of the entire ASIA player base?

to me, it feels like a small sample size. 

In 90% of my game, I don't see player with over 55% WR in both teams (except me, of course)

it feels wrong to balance tanks based on a small portion of the playerbase 

We check all servers

Harshpolu #59 Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:21 AM

Corporal

• 29296 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostZIoydd, on 23 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Hello :-)

Hmmm, let's see what nerf is coming on tiger l , if much then maybe it will be going to catch dust in garage again :-) , good job wg 

for t62a ,I only see 1 thing, that players go for t62a less ,doesn't mean it's bad tank, it's better than Leo 1,it has decent armour too with good turret ,

i don't think 62a is bad since most players go for 140 ,that tank is good in good player hands :-) 

these buff on 62a r simply annoying ,that tank is going nowhere with those buff, fake characteristics it's having more n more which doesn't suit the tank anyway , plz buff tanks to an extent that it doesn't lose its image , 62a is becoming more like attention seeker in which none are interested :-) ,

plus most players on server these days r not so good with any tanks ,good old players have either left the game or reduced playing since 3.8 ,that's all I had to say ,btw ,the way this game is going, am kinda losing my interest in it :-) 

thanks for replying me zloydd :-)

Creighton_Abrams #60 Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21915 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Hey Zloydd

Can you redo the stats to include Age of Tank at each Tier please, or restrict to fully buffed tanks (i.e. those with all equipment slots filled) .... it's meaningless to say that a new Stock Ferdinand will do 62% damage on average, as it wont under the new Game play (which is not just Match making, but also sabotage).

Anyway, I think that there's more to it than just the Tank, WG are dynamically adjusting game plays. For example, I can drive the same time game after game, and if I take the same  shot at the same type of tank, at the similar range the impact will vary greatly, hey, I can even bounce HE... something that was stated should not be possible... perhaps you should introduce some flying pigs to add some sense of reality into the game... oh and the latest FPS issue (where you grind the game to a almost standstill when the other teams tanks just come around the corner... that's a new one, yet happens across multiple platforms) 

How about just coming clean and stating that if you are a Wallet warrior then you will get preferential treatment to improve your WR by being placed upon a an unNERF'd team.  

Anyway, being just one player among many Million, my words are meaningless...  but frustrations with wasting time against a dynamically loaded dice game are increasing, so the time to kick this gaming habit is quickly approaching.   

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users