Upcoming balance adjustments

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Noobieman #21 Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21370 battles
  • [AVSW]

View PostRonnel_999, on 11 December 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

Nah, for me it needs a buff. They can hear my request or not but my money stays tight until I see buffs...

by the way where exactly do you keep your vast amounts of gold  ;)

geronimonimo #22 Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 28385 battles
  • [0_0]
Please this issue needs to be fixed ASAP! it's even hitting the AC 48 (though to a lesser extent than the strv74a2). The reticle isn't levelled with the gun, which results in an over-correction at mid to long range. the worst part is that these two tanks (as far as i've been able to tell) is that they more fit to shoot at theses ranges. Is this a known issue? So far it doesn't seem it has been noticed since these tanks are played so rarely. However has been nearly over a year I notified the team, back then it was Elphaba but you know what happened to him... He said he sent the message to the dev teams in hope the issue will be fixed, quite in vain... Should I issue a ticket so that issue is properly acknowledged by wargaming or idk? I suppose we're gonna to wait for another year! xD

Ronnel_999 #23 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:30 AM

Sergeant

• 21805 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostNoobieman, on 11 December 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

by the way where exactly do you keep your vast amounts of gold  ;)

I only have 2 gold now :)
My gold comes from my credit card and it's locked away for good :)

Admiral_Tortoise #24 Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

Corporal

• 7174 battles
  • [XAI]

View PostSisconOniichan, on 08 December 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

As much as I love a buff to my Valentine 2, I honestly think it doesn't need any of that other than an ammo increase. The tank is a money maker (relative to its tier) and if you're losing creds using it, you're doing something wrong. It's already helluva powerful especially since you only fight a maximum of T4s and the only one coming close to even a real threat are hetzers (and those already have a hard time penning you most of the time).

I think the Valentine 2 is not as invincible as it was before, with the introduction of the AMX 40 (74 pen for top gun AP). The DW 2 (103 pen for top gun AP) can also damage it significantly.

This is mostly from personal experience, though, so I could be wrong.

edit: I think the ammo is more than enough, though.

Edited by Admiral_Tortoise, 12 December 2017 - 12:48 PM.

erwin10001 #25 Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 33600 battles
  • [SEALZ]

WG gives free Lowe to totally clueless players who do 0 damage at tier 8 and bring down the average damage and winrate wayyy down.

WG thinks this means there is problem with Lowe and not the players and buffs the tank? 

hunter689 #26 Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 12421 battles
  • [-BR-]
No body is going to talk about long forgotten blaze WZ? Its the no doubt the worst tank in the game, let alone tier for tier.

Edited by hunter689, 12 December 2017 - 01:58 PM.

SisconOniichan #27 Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

Corporal

• 12877 battles
  • [KURO-]

View PostAdmiral_Tortoise, on 12 December 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

I think the Valentine 2 is not as invincible as it was before, with the introduction of the AMX 40 (74 pen for top gun AP). The DW 2 (103 pen for top gun AP) can also damage it significantly.

This is mostly from personal experience, though, so I could be wrong.

edit: I think the ammo is more than enough, though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that weird looking tank. Yeah, I have trouble penning that guy too. Good point.

Yeah, the ammo is enough, albeit barely. I've have one too many games where I had just less than 10 ammo left at the end. I just want more breathing space in my games where I can safely shoot peeps without worrying about my depleting ammo.

Edited by SisconOniichan, 12 December 2017 - 03:03 PM.

Currently grinding and eliting: T25/2, SP I C, VK 30.01 P, Tiger I, Jagdtiger, SU-85,  Centurion I

Premiums: T-25, Löwe, Valentine II, Light VIC

Kept: Stug III G, KV-2, Comet

Noobieman #28 Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21370 battles
  • [AVSW]

View Posthunter689, on 12 December 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

No body is going to talk about long forgotten blaze WZ? Its the no doubt the worst tank in the game, let alone tier for tier.

I have one, it is seldom used as it's only redeeming feature is its ability to collect large tier VI, VII and VIII shells......................... 

Edited by Noobieman, 13 December 2017 - 08:29 AM.

chokhulet #29 Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:39 AM

Sergeant

• 9197 battles
  • [N0YPI]
WG, in this post you said you are planning to improve Lowe,  but in the news the name of Lowe is not included... can you please tell me why? 

Selwyn_parker #30 Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Private

• 15780 battles
  • [KIWI1]

View PostCreighton_Abrams, on 06 December 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

Would be great if the KV-2 could be un-Nerf'd... but that would be I guess asking for too much.

How about instead, Nerf'ing all those Fantasy tanks instead - giving them a random illness appropriate to from wherever the came from... a Stake through Dracula's engine, for example, pinning him in one location.

Yep, please Keep buffing T7 until the Dracula is neutralised. The Dracula is my most hated tank in the game. From a very average players perspective. An OP tank owned usually by above average players!!

ZIoydd #31 Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:06 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Hey guys! 

Here come actual tier 8-10 stats from ASIA server.

tier 8

tier 9

tier 10

It's time to disclose more further balance adjustments. 

First of all we are going to remove some unnecessary modules for several vehicles. We'll start with guns which are not effective, not popular and perform poorly. Complete list of such modules will be revealed later.

Tier 9-10

FV4202 and Centurion 7/1 are getting alternative gun with HESH as premium shells in update 4.7. After that we will track these vehicles stats and performance very attentively just in case subsequent changes are needed.

BatChat 25t's buff is on the way. Shell reload time will be reduced. 

Foch 155 and Foch are not getting auto-loader - rangefinder and side armor will be improved instead.

IS-4's assailable points will be strengthened.

Tier 8

Ferdinand will be nerfed due to it's superiority over other tier 8 TD's.

KV-5's radioman turrets will get more armor.

Glacial 112 gun will be equipped with new shells with higher penetration.

Tier 7

Tiger and Tiger P will be nerfed due to excessive previous buff. The rest of tier 7 heavies are under review. After that adjustments for other classes will be considered (for example light tanks efficiency).

hunter689 #32 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12421 battles
  • [-BR-]

View PostZIoydd, on 22 January 2018 - 03:36 PM, sai

tier 10

how come t62a and is-7 have lowest no of players, they are the most popular tanks atm in thier types.

IS-4's assailable points will be strengthened.

~but why?

Noobieman #33 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21370 battles
  • [AVSW]

Zloydd

Thanks for the preview. 

No doubt you and the staff monitor the winning/losing %s and decide what to buff or nerf. However, lots of players grind up their equipment levels and suddenly their recently made competitive tanks are nerfed :(

In my case it is the TIger (P) where for a very long time I didn't use it. Now it is going ok (and after spending over 100,000 spare parts points on it) but will soon be back to its permanent spot in the garage until the next buff. 

Nerf the Dracula, it is stupidly fast. You nerfed the poor VK 28.01 last time but not the Dracula, any logical reason or is it simply a standard losing out to a premium ?

cheers

Edited by Noobieman, 22 January 2018 - 11:39 AM.

hunter689 #34 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12421 battles
  • [-BR-]

View PostNoobieman, on 22 January 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Zloydd

Thanks for the preview. 

No doubt you and the staff monitor the winning/losing %s and decide what to buff or nerf. However, lots of players grind up their equipment levels and suddenly their recently made competitive tanks are nerfed :(

In my case it is the TIger (P) where for a very long time I didn't use it. Now it is going ok (and after spending over 100,000 spare parts points on it) but will soon be back to its permanent spot in the garage until the next buff. 

Nerf the Dracula, it is stupidly fast. You nerfed the poor VK 28.01 last time but not the Dracula, any logical reason or is it simply a standard losing out to a premium ?

cheers

Dracula can't be nerfed as it is a premium tank, vk was op anyways.

And tiger(p) is the most op tank at t7, it has armour, mobility, and crazy dpm at t7

ZIoydd #35 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Posthunter689, on 22 January 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

Dracula can't be nerfed as it is a premium tank, vk was op anyways.

And tiger(p) is the most op tank at t7, it has armour, mobility, and crazy dpm at t7

Yes, sure!

GooglePlex_ #36 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Corporal

• 41874 battles
  • [-SQ-]
B-C 25t: Buff it's alpha DMG to a proper 105mm. Right now, it's got the same alpha as a 140 just with a "105"mm. Pen wise needs a few buffs as well. If the alpha DMG is not increased, players often roll for 250 with HEAT rounds dealing against HTs. Sometimes, the B-C even fails to clip down a tank with 800 HP due to its lacklustre alpha DMG.

Flicka Da Wrist | No skill all luck

JeanneThiccWaifu #37 Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Captain

• 26822 battles
  • [FEAST]
When you doesnt find anything remotely refer to AT-Series and VK 45.02 (A) on the Upcoming Balance
Sad

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls

AdmiralAlvin #38 Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:08 PM

Corporal

• 8065 battles
  • [HERO_]

We Will Be Heard v2.0.

Disclaimer: My stats in the Asia server are nowhere near that of an unicum even after I rerolled. Throw all the shade you want, but that's irrelevant. Do not try to derail this with your ad honimem.

This thread may get me banned for being an enemy of the WARsawGaming State. But idc. You might as well ban me in game, for I’mma boycott this buttload of crap anyways.

At any rate, the way we approach game balance should be based on usage rates in both regular "pub" matches and tournaments, on-paper statistics, average performance, as well as accessing the impacts of alienating statistics on both intra-class and  inter-class balance.

While the last medium nerf saw some justified moves, the pen reductions on albino flavors like FV4202, E50M and the Leopard 1 were simply absurd.
Am I saying that they are unusable? No. They can still be very capable in the right hands. Don't get me wrong. I'm not screaming for a buff here. (Well yes, they should be, but that's not what I'm trying to say here.) These tanks are essentially irrelevant in tournaments, but I tell you what, I'm not talking about this nerf now. Do not share your views on this fiasco. I don't care.

Perhaps for once Soviet mediums were actually balanced - no longer do we see 14 Obj. 140's spanking each other in tournaments. Are they equalizing factors? Yes- and they are far from the bottom of the medium spectrum when you compare that with its German and British counterparts.

But guess what? According to Zloydd, a Wargaming publisher manager, they "plan on to buff T-62A and nerf the Object. 268 as soon as possible".
Link: https://i.imgur.com/pN0HYcG.jpg
Repeat: I am not talking TDs here. I don't care. Do not share your views on it.

But wait a minute - T-62A? Buff?

Another one?

We're talking huge DPM members, better-than-Germans-accuracies, IMPENETRABLE turrets and broken upper glacis numbers.

And yet another butt.
That would have passed as a practical joke if it were from any other company. But we're talking Wargaming here. We are talking Whopping lies (loyalty, I'm looking at you) and Guiles. (Reselling tanks that was supposed to be dedicated solely to an event. IS6Fk on Blitz, M6A3Ego1 for PC. It surely does run in the family.)

You're thinking Wargaming would have known better after 4 years of destroying a game (oh wait it's two) into oblivion. You thought they couldn't possibly make what has been destroyed even... Eh, well, more destroyed.
Well that's WG logic for you. ("All tanks are an equalizing factor, but some are more equalizing than the others." -DMG)

Ever since Wargaming knew they could rake in money with crates and lotteries and players would still stay, they've solely focused on their own agenda. (More on that later)
Ever since Update 3.7, Wargaming has yet again been focusing solely on it's own agenda. The way the approached the equipment "revamp" and the medium rework was nothing if not impulsive, and yet the fact that they could further they could possibly dampen what was already destroyed is just astonishing.

But then hang on a second, with the establishment of the Blitz Community Coalition, shouldn't our opinions and needs be better taken of? After all, never in the history of Blitz had so many reviews been delivered (collected?). Never had the playerbase's opinions been listened to (heard?). Never in Blitz were there a coalition for the sake of spreading communism.

And so they continued to give us this piece of shit.

You're thinking, okay, if we all stop spending they will have no choice but to listen. They heff to.
But then back when 3.8 dropped, people all over started petitions, same with the M60 incident fiasco. But almost everyone gave up on said oaths of no spending/ deleting game, because video games are just as much drugs are any drug you can buy on the black market. Most who had signed to stop spending anymore caved in when WG resold the Victory and Bromwell.
It was reported that back when 3.8 dropped a message was leaked between WG employees (don't know by who or exactly when) that Wargaming was prepared to, and expected to lose approximately 4.4 percent of its player base with 3.8's release.

The big question now is, why were our opinions being ignored? Why would they show no sign of remorse seeing their prophecy come true? Why is their decision making completely crap when adequate and reasonable criticisms, both positive and negative, have been delivered both on the forums and on BCC?
"So WG, why do you continually frustrate the forum community?  Two words.  SELECTIVE HEARING." - Dark_Magician_Girl on Locked (and deleted* by WARsawGaming) forum thread "Let’s step into the light together."
If you want to know the whole story, archives can be found but I digress.

*On a side note, when was the last time a constructive thread on the forums was deleted on the forums? You guessed it - you knew it.

http://forum.wotblit...25#entry1116325

Not only has WG been selectively hearing to alternative facts, their decision making is entirely based on what would earn them the most money.
The ones who left were apparently not the biggest spenders, as Gold Noobs were still out there spamming premium ammo.
And they will most certainly not refrain from spending.
With a surefire way to secure money in the bank, it essentially gives a license for wargaming to get low enough to involve deceitful cunning (Looking at you, M60. And btw, happy anniversary).
It is unquestionable that mistakes have been made last Christmas.
And that is what Wargaming did, yet again.
And that meant game on.

My analogy is that through the Blitz unFAIR lottery, money will be spent.
But until Wargaming can truly listen to the MAJORITY of the playerbase and approach game balance accordingly, I will boycott the game and will not spend a dime.
And I'm asking you to do the same.
You saw just now how the previous petitions failed.
It is time for a change.
And we together will make the difference.

Even a 2% revenue cut is something.

Make yourselves heard by telling us what you think in the polls.
https://docs.google....orm?usp=sf_link

WG, I'll make this easy for you:
I) Listen to the MAJORITY of the playerbase and MAKE YOUR CALLS accordingly. Stop selective hearing.
II) REVIEW tier X balance. There's a reason mediums are then called MbT. Right now tanks like the Leo 1 and E50M are Mediocre Trash that can be replaced by any other tank. (And soon their aim time will be surpassed by T62-A)
Oh and btw, don't get me started in the diabolical defunct BS 25t that would not have passed for a tier IX.
III) Going back to buff the T-62A is the surefire way to get back to seeing 14 Soviet meds in tournaments.
IV) REFRAIN from selling tanks that you reserved as a gift tank.
V) Improve matchmaker. 5 TD's in a match leads to excessive camping, which then translates to stale, boring and unplayable games. Enough threads have been made.
VI) Spare Parts: Even Contributors like sk8trm thought that the system suppressed variety in his recent video. Most players are upset by the reward rate and the timers. 7 patches in, no fix.
Discounts for premiums in 4.5 that has a ‘FAIR’ chance to be implemented is NOT a fix.

Failure to address these issues and you can enjoy the boycott. The ball is in your court now.

AA.

Harshpolu #39 Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

Corporal

• 29296 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostZIoydd, on 22 January 201

Tier 8

Ferdinand will be nerfed due to it's superiority over other tier 8 TD's.

KV-5's radioman turrets will get more armor.

Glacial 112 gun will be equipped with new shells with higher penetration.

Tier 7

Tiger and Tiger P will be nerfed due to excessive previous buff. The rest of tier 7 heavies are under review. After that adjustments for other classes will be considered (for example light tanks efficiency).

hello zloydd :-) 

for Tiger P ,nerf, I can understand for it has good armour ,hmmm

but Tiger l !!!!, tiger was one of worst heavy at tier 7 ,but since buff it has been nice for its gun balances it's weak armour , but now nerf??, may I know why??

tiger l can pen penned by all meds and lights easily , for tier 6 it's okiesh (not good ,but okiesh) , against 7 it's like too weak already , nerf for tiger l will make bad again 

One of Best tank in History, suffers badly in World Of Tanks ,feels weird already 

it has been in garage unused for long ,since buff I have been using it sometimes ,now nerf again - likely to go back to garage again then ,

i cant understand why Ferdinand is being nerfed too, for its already slow,I don't find it OP in anyway ,except that players have been going for it lately or so maybe 

BIGGEST thing of All is - WHY IS T62A RECEIVING CONTINUOUS BUFF's EVEN THOUGH ITS MUCH BETTER NOW 

Where are you taking it too?, Fake??, it's going to surpass German Accuracy ,seriously??, Since when??, Its so annoying 

Again I Say - THE LAST THIS GAME WAS GOOD WAS TILL 3.7 version only , as 3.8 dropped, it has been going to downfall only and it's going down n down and I don't see those old good players who were before , only few remain :-) 

new player base isn't that interesting and good as old were :-) 

rest ur wish :-)

good going :-) 

Edited by Harshpolu, 22 January 2018 - 03:43 PM.

Zia_Ul_Amin #40 Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:55 PM

Private

• 18826 battles
  • [B-A-T]

HI developers , please do fix the match making and when we play in platoon at night it takes too much time to start some time we couldnt play at night , i am from pakistan ,

there are many players in queue but when i add the players available in each tier they could not match the amount of players available in queue. please fix this problem, i play in asia server , sorry i mention it in last .

Edited by Zia_Ul_Amin, 22 January 2018 - 09:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users