Upcoming balance adjustments

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

ZIoydd #1 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Hi everyone,

Here is some information for you about balance.

Some changes we are planning in the nearest updates:

• I guess one of the most nice: re-balance Т110Е5. The most interesting is commander's turret changes. Now it will be similar to М48 Patton commander's turret.
  • We are going to make some improvements of tier 8 premium tank Lowe. No detailed information for now.
  • We are going to improve Indien-Panzer as well. Likely we will make the gun more comfortable.
  • We continue improvements of tier 6 TDs (ARL V39, Jackson, Churchill GC).
  • Pz.Sfl.IV is going to be more comfortable.

Maybe I'll be able to share some other changes soon, so stay tuned.

What other tanks do you think need improvements? Let's discuss!

geronimonimo #2 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 28385 battles
  • [0_0]

STRV74A2! itss gun still feels weird to shoot with. It's very unintuitive to shoot at a KV of any kind from mid to long range because the shot won't line up with the reticle at these distances and will likely ricochet off the mid plate when you aim at the upper glacis of three piece armors like the KV tanks. I notified one of your colleagues a year ago when it was released but no changes have been done.

Also! buff the alpha or the ROF of the kpfpz70! just kidding. Just not very satisfying when it low rolls...

edit: though i may ask if the alpha of its HE could be increased like on the T49.

looking forward to the next update!

Edited by geronimonimo, 06 December 2017 - 01:06 PM.

Ronnel_999 #3 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

Sergeant

• 19931 battles
  • [BOOM2]

My request is to give the Valentine II, Excelsior and AT15A some pen buff. I have been spraying prammo and still get lots of bounces. The cost of running these tanks for me is so high that I rarely play them anymore. I bought these tanks before the prammo nerf... 
Thanks!

geronimonimo #4 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 28385 battles
  • [0_0]

View PostRonnel_999, on 06 December 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

My request is to give the Valentine II, Excelsior and AT15A some pen buff. I have been spraying prammo and still get lots of bounces. The cost of running these tanks for me is so high that I rarely play them anymore. I bought these tanks before the prammo nerf... 
Thanks!

the Excelsior may need a pen buff (along with all the "Gun Mk.V the British have) just like the M3 guns on all American tanks. Now the Valentine II is a little special because it will never see tier 5, just like the pz. B2 (both have similar guns and armor) so don't expect anything going this way. and the at-15a? i don't know man... 171mm at tier 7 is way more than enough, you don't need prammo there.

brick_blaster132 #5 Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:00 PM

Sergeant

• 582 battles

The Indien Panzer doesn't really need any buffs. It's already in the opinions of most unicums (I'd place my hype 59 above it cuz I'm biased) the best tier 8 medium in the game. Anyone with a lick of knowledge can raise the roof with the Indien. It's just that almost no one plays it and thus knows of this gem. Likewise with your rediculous nerfing of the 13 90, that thing might've been the most balanced light tank pre nerf I've ever played. But becuse it was only used by a fraction of the player base, and that fraction was in the higher spectrum of players the tanks statistics where looking to be above average. This was not the case. 

No, I'm never going to let go of the fact you nerf the balanced, even sub par French lights, but refuse with every fiber of your being to nerf, the 183, the T-54 Ltwt, the IS-7, ect... And at the same time refuse to buff the totally midiocre at best

French TDs.

Behold my sort of Unicum stats!  https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

Blitz's' No. 1 anime hating, Doctor who loving Lego builder 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

You can take the red pill, the blue pill or the grey pill, whatever you choose, you're wrong, Stalin will force feed you vodka and Russian bias and there's nothing you can do about it.

Creighton_Abrams #6 Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21883 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Would be great if the KV-2 could be un-Nerf'd... but that would be I guess asking for too much.

How about instead, Nerf'ing all those Fantasy tanks instead - giving them a random illness appropriate to from wherever the came from... a Stake through Dracula's engine, for example, pinning him in one location.

ankitgusai19 #7 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 39916 battles
  • [-LXG-]

Hi zloydd,

Few suggestions, 

Nameless : either dpm buff or gun handling buff.

AMX 20 100 : impossible to shoot a barn door while moving, radial is huge one the mov. Considering the armor of that tank it should have moderate level of snap shot ability.

Batchat :  may be 8-10 pen buff?

Tortoise : strengthen the cupola? Or reduce the size of cupola. I have this and jagtiger both and jagtiger is deadly as it can get hull down, has heavy level of hitpoints, can do 38 kmph easily, hard to cod and it has 128 mm gun. 

T44 : 122 mm ROF buff, just half a round per minute buff should be fine. Contrary to most of the playerbase I do enjoy that gun.

Edited by ankitgusai19, 06 December 2017 - 06:12 PM.

ankitgusai19 #8 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 39916 battles
  • [-LXG-]

Oh and I forget,

Sturer emil, if mikerDex can have upgraded more powerful engine then this tank should be able to get it. Gun depression doesn't always wins matches, especially when 30% of the maps are flat.

Edited by ankitgusai19, 06 December 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Ronnel_999 #9 Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:23 PM

Sergeant

• 19931 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View Postgeronimonimo, on 06 December 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

the Excelsior may need a pen buff (along with all the "Gun Mk.V the British have) just like the M3 guns on all American tanks. Now the Valentine II is a little special because it will never see tier 5, just like the pz. B2 (both have similar guns and armor) so don't expect anything going this way. and the at-15a? i don't know man... 171mm at tier 7 is way more than enough, you don't need prammo there.

I really felt cheated after buying my Valentine 2 then after 2 weeks came the pen nerf. I do know that it's always top tier but before there were no AMX40 and Valentine tier 4 and I only have to deal with Hetzers, Matilda and DW2 which is a headache. Now with the newer heavily armoured tanks added in the game means that my tier 2 gun have to fight more heavily armoured tanks than before. I had lots of games were the reds have a DW2, a Hetzer, and two AMX40 or a Valentine. It's not that I can't pen them with APCR but spamming full APCR and still being gang-b@xxxxd is just ridiculous as I have bought my Valentine 2 for the purpose of repairing my win rate. I'm sure the PZ B2 is also having the same problem. I've seen lots of PZ B2 before but now it's rare to see them anymore just like the Valentine 2. 

About my AT15A, I also bought it before the pen nerf. I'm using calibrated shells and supercharge and spraying prammo like crazy. Maybe I need to work on my shooting skills because I really have a hard time with it's gun. About the Excelsior, I think it's another waste of money. Before it penned okay but after the pen nerf I rarely play it and and so with the other two tanks. I'm sure good players don't have much problems with these tanks because they have good skills but I'm just saying this based on my experience as a low winrate player. Now I'm very reluctant to buy anymore premium tanks because of these 3 tanks because I don't like to have the same experience anymore...

I'll be straight, I buy prem tanks for winrate, grinding credits and for seal clubbing now I'm mostly using normal tech tree tanks like the Cruiser IV, Cruiser 2, A-20, DW2 and Valentine tier 4 for credit grinding because they make more money than the premiums that I have mentioned because they don't need that much prammo. I'm just careful not to buy premium tanks because the normal tech tree tanks makes more money. 

PS: I know the Valentine 2 doesn't make that much credits but losing 20,000 plus credits per game after the nerf is not fun at all..

Edited by Ronnel_999, 06 December 2017 - 11:37 PM.

Noobieman #10 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 20350 battles
  • [AVSW]

View PostRonnel_999, on 06 December 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

I'm sure the PZ B2 is also having the same problem. I've seen lots of PZ B2 before but now it's rare to see them anymore just like the Valentine 2. 

The PZ BZ was a good grinding tank but it very hard to win and grind these days, you have to be a bit lucky in the match. It was a real favourite premium.

Why not nerf the speed of the Dracula a bit ? You killed my all time favourite non premium - the VK 28.01 in the last update, rarely use it now. 

ZIoydd #11 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:16 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Postankitgusai19, on 06 December 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Hi zloydd,

Few suggestions, 

Nameless : either dpm buff or gun handling buff.

AMX 20 100 : impossible to shoot a barn door while moving, radial is huge one the mov. Considering the armor of that tank it should have moderate level of snap shot ability.

Batchat :  may be 8-10 pen buff?

Tortoise : strengthen the cupola? Or reduce the size of cupola. I have this and jagtiger both and jagtiger is deadly as it can get hull down, has heavy level of hitpoints, can do 38 kmph easily, hard to cod and it has 128 mm gun. 

T44 : 122 mm ROF buff, just half a round per minute buff should be fine. Contrary to most of the playerbase I do enjoy that gun.

Nameless - 4.5
50-100 - now it's OK

Bat - now it's OK
Tortoise is pretty good

T44 - it's alternative gameplay and you have choice.

Maddoxkkm #12 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

Captain

• 29822 battles
  • [FEAST]

FV215b - the side armor is too weak, doesn't allow it to sidescrape, and making it totally not fit standard "HT" playstyle, very hard to use that rear-mounted turret heavy tank that can't sidescrape

Grille 15 - it has lost a lot of it's speciality since it's introduction (accuracy, it's speed and gun arc), is it possible it gain some speciality instead of straight nerf over and over again?

Glacial 112 - it's weak penetration with AP rounds make it almost impossible to do damage unless resort to HEAT rounds, which has been nerfed with the reduced damage premium rounds.

Then, When will Centurion AX and Cheiftain Mk.6 arrive? I already have the exp on those Centurion 7/1 and Conqueror and can't wait to see them come out.

Leader Of The Union

Council member of Clan Wars Asia (Link to Post)

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

ZIoydd #13 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:47 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 07 December 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

FV215b - the side armor is too weak, doesn't allow it to sidescrape, and making it totally not fit standard "HT" playstyle, very hard to use that rear-mounted turret heavy tank that can't sidescrape

Grille 15 - it has lost a lot of it's speciality since it's introduction (accuracy, it's speed and gun arc), is it possible it gain some speciality instead of straight nerf over and over again?

Glacial 112 - it's weak penetration with AP rounds make it almost impossible to do damage unless resort to HEAT rounds, which has been nerfed with the reduced damage premium rounds.

Then, When will Centurion AX and Cheiftain Mk.6 arrive? I already have the exp on those Centurion 7/1 and Conqueror and can't wait to see them come out.

We wii buff FV215b in 4.5
112 - we plan buff this tan as soon.

about Cent and Cheiftain - we don't plan this tanks in tree.

geronimonimo #14 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 28385 battles
  • [0_0]
Will the gun issue as mentioned above be fixed on the Strv74a2? A lot of people have it and yet don't play it surely because of it's odd gun handling. It literally doesn't fit do the statistics given for that tank

hunter689 #15 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 12421 battles
  • [-BR-]

I would like to suggest a buff for super pershing, its the least famous t8 premium, quite slow and sides are too weak.

Turret hatch buff would be awesome, but if nothing atleast do something for side armour, angling armour a little, you get penetrated from the sides.

People say play it as heavy, but now most of people know the weakness of turret and know where to aim , so please a buff would be really apreciated. And its very very slow to play like a medium.

Edited by hunter689, 07 December 2017 - 02:13 PM.

chokhulet #16 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:48 AM

Sergeant

• 8820 battles
  • [N0YPI]
Ok, now can you please tell me what is improvement on Lowe? I have Lowe since since early this year and I love in the most now... I dont expect to reduce anything because you said IMPROVEMENTS...  I expect faster speed , better armor, faster reload etc...

Noobieman #17 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 20350 battles
  • [AVSW]
the end will be all tier tanks will be the same e.g. all tier VI lights the same, all tier VI TDs the same, all tier VI heavies the same :(

SisconOniichan #18 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

Corporal

• 11112 battles
  • [KURO-]

View PostRonnel_999, on 06 December 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

I really felt cheated after buying my Valentine 2 then after 2 weeks came the pen nerf. I do know that it's always top tier but before there were no AMX40 and Valentine tier 4 and I only have to deal with Hetzers, Matilda and DW2 which is a headache. Now with the newer heavily armoured tanks added in the game means that my tier 2 gun have to fight more heavily armoured tanks than before. I had lots of games were the reds have a DW2, a Hetzer, and two AMX40 or a Valentine. It's not that I can't pen them with APCR but spamming full APCR and still being gang-b@xxxxd is just ridiculous as I have bought my Valentine 2 for the purpose of repairing my win rate. I'm sure the PZ B2 is also having the same problem. I've seen lots of PZ B2 before but now it's rare to see them anymore just like the Valentine 2. 

PS: I know the Valentine 2 doesn't make that much credits but losing 20,000 plus credits per game after the nerf is not fun at all..

As much as I love a buff to my Valentine 2, I honestly think it doesn't need any of that other than an ammo increase. The tank is a money maker (relative to its tier) and if you're losing creds using it, you're doing something wrong. It's already helluva powerful especially since you only fight a maximum of T4s and the only one coming close to even a real threat are hetzers (and those already have a hard time penning you most of the time).

I can't speak for the other thanks though.

=====

Is there a buff to the t25 though? Now that guy needs some buff. Maybe som armor upgrade or increased RoF or at the very least some turret traverse increase.

Currently grinding and eliting: T25/2, SP I C, VK 30.01 P, Tiger I, Jagdtiger, SU-85,  Centurion I

Premiums: T-25, Löwe, Valentine II, Light VIC

Kept: Stug III G, KV-2, Comet

PKonBlitz_YouTuber #19 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 9580 battles
  • [-47-]

Fix the bug in PC when You fire the shell it doesn't pen the enemy tank and crosses it.

Plus: Fix well-known bug that is if u go out of sniper mode it still shows red spots of tanks and when You in Spectator mode in Training room on PC, the Building are turning into Pink. [That flying camera]

Check the Bug at: 

1:28 and 3:15

Edited by PKonBlitz_YouTuber, 08 December 2017 - 11:18 PM.

WOT Blitz Tournament YouTuber!

Clan Wars Asia- King of Kings 1 vs 1 Tournament!

Talk to me on Discord: https://discord.gg/4fDbuev​

Ronnel_999 #20 Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

Sergeant

• 19931 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View PostSisconOniichan, on 08 December 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

As much as I love a buff to my Valentine 2, I honestly think it doesn't need any of that other than an ammo increase. The tank is a money maker (relative to its tier) and if you're losing creds using it, you're doing something wrong. It's already helluva powerful especially since you only fight a maximum of T4s and the only one coming close to even a real threat are hetzers (and those already have a hard time penning you most of the time).

I can't speak for the other thanks though.

=====

Is there a buff to the t25 though? Now that guy needs some buff. Maybe som armor upgrade or increased RoF or at the very least some turret traverse increase.

Nah, for me it needs a buff. They can hear my request or not but my money stays tight until I see buffs...

Edited by Ronnel_999, 10 December 2017 - 07:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users