AMX 12t: An Absolutely Stressful Tank with a lot of Potential

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

GoBack2Tier1 #1 Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 9836 battles
  • [KLARA]

I just couldn't make this tank work. It has no gun elevation, no gun depression, the traverse is a bit eh and the gun is a hit and miss. Considering that the burst damage is the only thing that makes this thing remotely relevant makes me wonder... 

Is it a fun tank?

It kinda is and it kinda isn't

Is it a bad tank?

I really don't think it's a bad tank. I think it's just unforgiving and quite challenging to play.

Is it a good tank?

Nope. In my eyes it's decent. It only has burst, camo and mobility and don't even get me started on how to use the burst damage on this thing.

So what's the problem then, LightninSkrub? Well, I just couldn't make this tank work. There aren't much replays of this thing so I couldn't even figure out how other people make this work. This tank is just inconsistent and it's mind boggling that the gun on this thing sometimes trolled me more than the KV-2 which has artillery dispersion compared to this thing. And let's not forget the all sucky "oscillating turret" that the French nutjob who put it on this thing thought it was a good idea to add a crapload of disadvantages for a substantially higher rate of fire on this. The mobility is a bit eh and the traverse is worse than I expected from a tank rockin a torquey American Detroit Diesel under the hood. And since it's running diesel, it also doesn't have the best acceleration from a standstill. And the gun... oh the gun... as if it wasn't enough that you have limited gun elevation and gun depression, the guy who balanced this tank thought it was also a great idea to give it some of the worst dispersion and aim time in it's class and tier. Call me out if there's something worse but my god this tank doesn't hit anything on the move. 

AMX 12t

A tank you play if you think the T37 is child's play

AMX 12t

because killing yourself in every other category is a good trade for having unusable burst damage

Now for the good points...

As said before, the AMX 12t has pretty nice burst damage. If you manage to hit and penetrate each shot, it is moee than likely guaranteed that you'll get an average of 450dmg, which is more than what a KV-1S can do in shot and (nearly) the SU-100Ys average roll. Nothing infuriates the enemy more than a 12t flanking them while distracted. It bites three times and I can assure you it'll leave its mark. And don't get me started on how dangerous these things are once you get into the mid/late game stage where most of the opfor is consisting of 1-2 clips for the 12t. Under skilled hands who know how to utilize the strengths of this thing, it'll constantly peck your team and pick off any idiot that is dumb enough to show his flank to a 12t. 

Conclusion:

This tank is decent in my eyes but I want to get more out of it. This is my impressions of the tank itself. Im currently sitting with an 88% crew and it's fully kited out with normal fuel, small rations and a preventive kit. I'm not sure what's wrong with it but I'll update the post once I get gun laying drive, which, in my opinion, is necessary if you want to leave this tank with flying colours

Update:

I honestly enjoyed this tank as it rewards you greatly for doing what youre supposed to do. Although my only gripe with it is that it doesnt turn that well and the gun is mediocre, it is an overall good tank to play and a decent introduction to the French Light Tank playstyle. What you do not d, what you should often do and what you should always do applies to the whole line as it teaches the commander the advantages of a very fast autoloader. Overall, very enjoyable tank but the 13 75.... aah that tank was amazing. And before you ask, yes the 13 75 makes up for what the 12t lacks. Great line so far. 

Edited by LightninWar, 18 August 2018 - 03:45 AM.

Yes I am one of the most toxic players I know of out there

https://www.blitzsta...sia/LightninWar

andylol2004 #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:39 AM

Corporal

• 22067 battles
  • [JSF]

I think the AMX 12 t is an very good at peek-a-boom.

It is a light tank, so it has on the move camo. This means you can reset camo, pop up on the flank, empty your clip, then repeat. In close situations, trade well, it takes you 4 seconds to unload your clip while it takes a Cromwell 5 seconds to reload. Use this to Peek a Boom. Also, don't risk it if you know there are big guns around! Amx is also very small, and hard to hit, an while not as good at the ELC, you can still use this to your advantage.

Good luck on your grind to the Batchat!

Noobieman #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 31669 battles
  • [AVSW]
Oh, thought that the AMXt was a small rodent that scurried around the map looking for weak tank scraps.

OPLoverz #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

Sergeant

• 21217 battles
  • [-RI-]
hmmm. i think so. it is good in the great hand :playing:

Channel: OPGames WoTB :medal:

content: mostly ace tankers gameplay or something interesting

I hope you enjoy the game, have fun!

GoBack2Tier1 #5 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 9836 battles
  • [KLARA]

View Postandylol2004, on 30 November 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

It is a light tank, so it has on the move camo. This means you can reset camo, pop up on the flank, empty your clip, then repeat. In close situations, trade well, it takes you 4 seconds to unload your clip while it takes a Cromwell 5 seconds to reload. Use this to Peek a Boom. Also, don't risk it if you know there are big guns around! Amx is also very small, and hard to hit, an while not as good at the ELC, you can still use this to your advantage.

Good luck on your grind to the Batchat!

I really can't sweat this enough as well

the tank is sooo good at harassing than anything else in it's tier

sure the 2801 can do it but the 2801 has been nerfed so it wouldn't be able to do so as effectively as it used to

My big issue with this thing is the horrible gun depression and elevation, which makes the thing so frustrating to play 

xXFighter888Xx #6 Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 33229 battles
  • [OXO]

I mean it’s going to be like that all the way till amx 13 90.. sooo

better adapt to it or you’ll have a really hard time

The official "I don't care-er"

Kabama04 #7 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 20608 battles
  • [FOW]

View Postandylol2004, on 30 November 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Eat my 152MM HE.
My Tanks:

__Noobieman #8 Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

Sergeant

• 19779 battles
  • [AVSW]

View PostKabama04, on 02 December 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Eat my 152MM HE.

Any particular flavour you offer ?

andylol2004 #9 Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• 22067 battles
  • [JSF]
Lol

andylol2004 #10 Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:42 PM

Corporal

• 22067 battles
  • [JSF]

I also enjoy derping them with my SU-152

(I got my first 7 kills in the thing :trollface:)

GoBack2Tier1 #11 Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 9836 battles
  • [KLARA]

View PostxXFighter888Xx, on 02 December 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

I mean it’s going to be like that all the way till amx 13 90.. sooo

better adapt to it or you’ll have a really hard time

I got it

I had to play it like some kind of a mess of a Russian tank

thank god for the LTTB's horribad gun depression for teaching me exactly that...

Dangerous_when_Sober #12 Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:52 AM

Captain

• 63477 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View Post__Noobieman, on 02 December 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

Any particular flavour you offer ?

Red hot chilli

saklaing #13 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:20 AM

Corporal

• 27634 battles
  • [LOT]

Play it like any super-lightweight.  Hope to go somewhere other enemy tanks aren't (because if they are there, you will die), pop off a few till you get spotted, then run away and repeat. My experience is you can either do pretty well, or you get spanked often with little or nothing to show for it.  Same for Bulldogy, T49, or any other such.  Feast or famine.  

But when you have a good game, you can have a great game!  Just get used to getting spanked off the earth more often than not.

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #14 Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 583 battles
  • [TDAF]
Had a 57% WR in her then I trashed it along with my overall WR which is at 53% right now when before it was at 56%. Got the AMX 13 75 now but I'm equipping the level I and one level II equipment so it's a long wait but now I can go and patch up my 12T WR and stat pad my overall WR back to 56% by spamming HEAT at people in my Vindicator.  This is on my NA account by the way.

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

Cugologist #15 Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:33 AM

Sergeant

• 31107 battles
  • [DERPU]

View Postsaklaing, on 07 February 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

But when you have a good game, you can have a great game!  Just get used to getting spanked off the earth more often than not.

This. Although I tend more to the 'great game' than the 'spanked off the earth' side of the equation.

But because a lot of folks do get spanked off the earth in it, and I don't, I've clocked up heaps of masteries in it. And a 66% WR.

I don't play it often, if I'm seal---slumming it down there, I'll take the Electric Biscuit. If the 12T had the ELC camo rating, it'd be so OP it would be ridiculous but only OP for someone who's worked out camo mechanics. When I do take it out, I tend to spot a lot, hit/track then hide for a bit, reset camo and find somewhere else to spot/hit from. Also spray and pray, get the shots out, as many as you can, roughly aimed and a full reload whenever you have the chance to do so safely.

And I think that's the trick, you need to be aware that the mag reload takes a while and you need to be fully safe while you do that, but while you are reloading, you're still a very good spotting tank. I've carried hard in it, but more often than not you need a team that's got some idea of what's going on. As in you spot/track the reds while they hammer them into submission. If your team can't manage even a little bit of that, you're doomed.

If you're spotted and being hunted, you need to run and gun. Maybe you won't hit anything, but maybe you will. The first thing is to 'run' and second 'gun', not the other way around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users