RU-251 Guide and Review

Light Tanks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: RU-251 Guide and Review (3 members have cast votes)

Was this guide helpful?

1. Yes (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (1 vote [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

andylol2004 #1 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

Corporal

• 22067 battles
  • [JSF]

Hello, fellow tankers

Today I will be reviewing the original, and the only tier VIII German light tank, the glorious RU-251.

As of patch 3.2 (or was it 3.1 I don't remember), the RU-251 received some stiff competition in the form of the T-54 Light (Russian Bias...:trollface:). Many people believe now that the T-54 is better than the RU, but it can still hold it's own in the right circumstance, even if it is worse than it's tier 8 light counterpart.

Characteristics:

Gun:

Depression/Elevation: -5(front)-10(side)+1(rear)/+18

RoF: 10.79 = 5.6s reload

DPM (AP/HEAT/HE): 2427/2050/2913*

Penetration (AP/HEAT/HE): 189/275/107*

Aim Time: 1.82s

Dispersion: 0.345

Damage(AP/HEAT/HE): 225/190/270

Mobility:

Engine Power: 630 hp

Top Speed (Forward/Backwards): 80/24

Traverse: 58 degrees/s

Power/Weight: 25 hp/t

Armour:

Hitpoints: 1300

Protection (front/side/rear): 25/20/8

Protection (turret): 20/20/20

* I use calibrated shells, and no provisions

Equipment:

Calibrated shells, Defence System, Coated Optics

Gun Laying Drive, Improved Assembly, Enhanced Control

Vertical Stabilizer, Toolbox, Consumable Delivery System

Playstyle:

I play the tank as scout, then second line support/flank, then feast.

At the beginning of a battle, don't be afraid to rush up and scout, as long as you look at the enemy team's tanks beforehand and you know how to escape.

As the battle goes on, play as second-line support, or if felling uncomfortable flank. It's a great way to use your high pen HE to maximize DPM, as you can pen most tanks from the rear and side with your HE :D. Plus, HE also damages more modules

Towards the end of the battle, you can really come out and annoy heavies. A technique that I use, to exploit a heavy tank tendency of having lackluster turret traverse is you sidehug, go forward/backward to avoid their turret and as soon as their gun almost reaches you, immediately start moving in the other direction, causing them to mostly miss and panic. This really annoys HT drivers:trollface:, and increases your average DPM and decreasing their's. And also don't forget to use your HE, especially of side hugging German/American/British heavies (I carry 18 HE for this reason).

Also, don't forget you have the same camo when moving as when you are stationary, so use this advantage to capture bases, and set up shots. This also means that when you reset your camo (takes around 9 seconds) you can be anywhere on the map.

PS: Play it like you have 1 hp, because you have NO ARMOUR, absolutely EVERYTHING will overmatch your armour, at best, you have 30mm on the lower glacis.

PPS: Avoid T49s

Good luck out there Tankers!

Edited by andylol2004, 29 November 2017 - 11:58 AM.

OPLoverz #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

Sergeant

• 21217 battles
  • [-RI-]
i love my ru251. win or lose it doesnt mater, the thing is we have some fun, riding ferrari :teethhappy:

Channel: OPGames WoTB :medal:

content: mostly ace tankers gameplay or something interesting

I hope you enjoy the game, have fun!

GoBack2Tier1 #3 Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 9836 battles
  • [KLARA]

View PostOPLoverz, on 30 November 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

i love my ru251. win or lose it doesnt mater, the thing is we have some fun, riding ferrari :teethhappy:

Nah its a bit more extreme... For me its like driving one of these.... https://encrypted-tb...-pSFWGv16jPGAZw

Yes I am one of the most toxic players I know of out there

https://www.blitzsta...sia/LightninWar

Emerald_Gamer442 #4 Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:41 AM

Private

• 11053 battles
  • [DEL1A]
Ru251 is a fun yet easily derped tank

FireRadical #5 Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:24 AM

Sergeant

• 20165 battles
  • [R0GUE]

View Postandylol2004, on 29 November 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Hello, fellow tankers

Today I will be reviewing the original, and the only tier VIII German light tank, the glorious RU-251.

As of patch 3.2 (or was it 3.1 I don't remember), the RU-251 received some stiff competition in the form of the T-54 Light (Russian Bias...:trollface:). Many people believe now that the T-54 is better than the RU, but it can still hold it's own in the right circumstance, even if it is worse than it's tier 8 light counterpart.

Characteristics:

Gun:

Depression/Elevation: -5(front)-10(side)+1(rear)/+18

RoF: 10.79 = 5.6s reload

DPM (AP/HEAT/HE): 2427/2050/2913*

Penetration (AP/HEAT/HE): 189/275/107*

Aim Time: 1.82s

Dispersion: 0.345

Damage(AP/HEAT/HE): 225/190/270

Mobility:

Engine Power: 630 hp

Top Speed (Forward/Backwards): 80/24

Traverse: 58 degrees/s

Power/Weight: 25 hp/t

Armour:

Hitpoints: 1300

Protection (front/side/rear): 25/20/8

Protection (turret): 20/20/20

* I use calibrated shells, and no provisions

Equipment:

Calibrated shells, Defence System, Coated Optics

Gun Laying Drive, Improved Assembly, Enhanced Control

Vertical Stabilizer, Toolbox, Consumable Delivery System

Playstyle:

I play the tank as scout, then second line support/flank, then feast.

At the beginning of a battle, don't be afraid to rush up and scout, as long as you look at the enemy team's tanks beforehand and you know how to escape.

As the battle goes on, play as second-line support, or if felling uncomfortable flank. It's a great way to use your high pen HE to maximize DPM, as you can pen most tanks from the rear and side with your HE :D. Plus, HE also damages more modules

Towards the end of the battle, you can really come out and annoy heavies. A technique that I use, to exploit a heavy tank tendency of having lackluster turret traverse is you sidehug, go forward/backward to avoid their turret and as soon as their gun almost reaches you, immediately start moving in the other direction, causing them to mostly miss and panic. This really annoys HT drivers:trollface:, and increases your average DPM and decreasing their's. And also don't forget to use your HE, especially of side hugging German/American/British heavies (I carry 18 HE for this reason).

Also, don't forget you have the same camo when moving as when you are stationary, so use this advantage to capture bases, and set up shots. This also means that when you reset your camo (takes around 9 seconds) you can be anywhere on the map.

PS: Play it like you have 1 hp, because you have NO ARMOUR, absolutely EVERYTHING will overmatch your armour, at best, you have 30mm on the lower glacis.

PPS: Avoid T49s

Good luck out there Tankers!

Well, its a choice between cal shell and gun rammer. If i still had the ru 251, i wud go for gun rammer, cause ru 251 plays as scout and second line support/flank . No reason to have the extra pen to pen the tanks, especially wen u got pretty decent heat pen to pen against tier 9 heavies. It wudnt be very wise to shoot a heavily armoured tank frontally with a ru251.

Good luck on the battlefield! May RNGesus be with you.

From your average mate,

FireRadical

Also tagged with Light Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users