mass attack, computer targeting player movement

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

motokami #1 Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:47 AM

Private

• 4164 battles
How come the game has the same repetitive format that of, where ever I go, I am confronted by most of the enemy group, outside of the tank destroyer sitting out the back. I am immediately attacked by at least 4 tanks and the only way to avoid this is to lead out in one direction, spot the first of the enemy tanks and then  get out of the area to possibly have a go at plying the game without being wiped out within 10 seconds of the game start. It really sux's,  because if I hang back or turn tail to retreat for cover/escape I'm getting complaints about participation and honour from some idiots, idiots because I pay my money to play, and in the end they get wiped out as easily as me. the number of times I've drawn the enemy out in force and escaped to fight, these guys are still hiding behind bushes, not taking advantage of the fact that the enemy are now exposed. Not happy as you can tell

xXFighter888Xx #2 Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 29779 battles
  • [OXO]
Basically, play more passively.. why are u playing so aggressively

The official "I don't care-er"

2OLD2CARE #3 Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 111559 battles
  • [FOTB]

You must be considered the most dangerous - LOL

Noobieman #4 Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22308 battles
  • [AVSW]
try removing the big target spots that cover the front, sides and rear of your tank that say in the red circle "kill me first" :)

erwin10001 #5 Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• 34135 battles
  • [SEALZ]

You have 502 games and 35% winrate in a VK28.

if you went afk, your winrate would be higher at 40%. I'm not sure what you are doing to achieve such a low winrate, are you one of those that dies within the first 30sec of every game?

Sniper_the_fox #6 Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

Sergeant

• 21210 battles
  • [DERPU]

Maybe a dracula driver:)

ok, you are just playing the game wrong,  watch a few videos by bushka/sk8xtrm.  Keep it simple avoid being hit and always angle to the incoming fire.  Pick easier tanks eg kv1 is. And fully equip them when you can, stock gear is brutal to you chances.  

Edited by Sniper_the_fox, 28 November 2017 - 02:42 AM.

motokami #7 Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:22 AM

Private

• 4164 battles
yeah thanks so far, it's hard to stay alive when your got the entire seven opposing tanks steaming down on you. and yep I die pretty well first every time. I have tried to engage and then duck out and try to get around the back of the opposition lately, but have copped a couple of "honour" complaints,  for not actively participating using this tactic, and some jockey called me a coward for turning back. So I might just hang back then like the tank destroyers and look after myself then n stuff the team assault.

__CaP__ #8 Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:08 AM

Corporal

• 6761 battles

You are playing the game completely wrong as others have said. Just by not doing anything at all and going AFK you are likely to have a better WR than what you have.

Look at youtube videos and learn to understand the role of the tanks that you drive. Lights are meant to scout and spot before retreating, mediums are there to support heavy tanks and use their mobility to flank (lights once they have scouted and spotted can help with this too). Heavys are meant to be the front line why TDS are there for sniper support. 

On top of all that, each tank will have its own playstyle - so the above is just a general playstyle for each type of tank. 

Heading off into the sunset to take on seven tanks by yourself will never end well and instantly gives your team a disadvantage. Move with your team and fulfil the role that your tank is meant to do.

MrGrimmest #9 Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Corporal

• 41852 battles
  • [ANZUS]

You are playing the wrong tank, the wrong way.  Don't get me wrong, the VK28 is a strong tank, but you clearly think it means zooming around the field having a shoot up.  To be blunt, you're a complete noob and I don't know why you think you're good enough to be leading your team around the battlefield.  Has it occurred to you that other players in other types of tank, don't want to follow an inexperienced yolo light/ med tank into a gun fight?

You should grind a fully optioned VK30H, KV1 or even a T150 at tier 6, and learn the basics of good field position, cover, angling armour, gun depression, etc.  Because those tanks are slow, you will have time to watch the battle unfold and see how a better player moves around the field.

But please, don't get an Ru251, then a Leopard PTA and a Leo X ... higher tier tanks won't make you a better player.

motokami #10 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Private

• 4164 battles
Mr Grimmest, apart from being a complete nob as you put it, I do understand tanking strategy, and I've,, as your either not seen or chosen to use sarcastically., yes, played a RU and currently a PTA. So there you have your, and I've just copped another complaint for doing exactly as you have suggested, I'm effing over it....... now, please be kind to me and inform me in your greater knowledge, if I get off the keyboard and mouse and find a joystick that's compatible, things might go a bit better, thanks in advance for your help.

motokami #11 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:19 AM

Private

• 4164 battles

Oh, and by the way, not too many of my team players last much longer than me, is that my fault as well ? AND... while I'm at it, I do at least try to secure bases, as the number of times the team has lost because we were beaten by the base count, when the opposition was well and truly flogged, AND.... I'm not playing at tanks on this form, I'll take most of it on as education, Cheers

Edited by motokami, 30 November 2017 - 09:29 AM.

MrGrimmest #12 Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:31 AM

Corporal

• 41852 battles
  • [ANZUS]

Dude, I didn't look up you or your tanks.  

Plz trust me, coz I'm old, experienced, and a very average player.  

My style of play initially did not suit light, scout tanks.  You will find some people are great on them, but no good on a tank that you really like.  The best thing I ever did was sell my VK28.0 and RU251.  I ground my way through the Russian mediums T43/ 54/ 62A, and started to learn how to play.  But I really started to improve when I got an M6 and T29 from the USA heavy tank line, and a KV1S/ IS/T150 from the Russian heavy tank line.  All of a sudden I couldn't rush around trying to be a hero - the tanks were way to slow. That meant I survived longer, saw more, shot more, and won more.

I realised I liked heavy tank play.  I liked having armour.  Then I went back and re-purchased the VK28, but I had worked out how to play.  I don't get it out that much, but I think my win rate in it is about 54-55%.  I know others would have a win rate of over 70% in it, but like I say, sometimes you will have a playing style that just doesn't suit the tank.

i really do recommend you get a heavy tank line going; or try the T34-85/ T43 from Russia - still medium tanks but better armour (with worse gun handling). And do as your team tells you, instead of thinking you know best (until you have a win rate like 60% coz then you do know best).

GreenFace #13 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

Sergeant

• 15929 battles
  • [MOMFU]

View Postmotokami, on 25 November 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

How come the game has the same repetitive format that of, where ever I go, I am confronted by most of the enemy group, outside of the tank destroyer sitting out the back. I am immediately attacked by at least 4 tanks and the only way to avoid this is to lead out in one direction, spot the first of the enemy tanks and then  get out of the area to possibly have a go at plying the game without being wiped out within 10 seconds of the game start. It really sux's,  because if I hang back or turn tail to retreat for cover/escape I'm getting complaints about participation and honour from some idiots, idiots because I pay my money to play, and in the end they get wiped out as easily as me. the number of times I've drawn the enemy out in force and escaped to fight, these guys are still hiding behind bushes, not taking advantage of the fact that the enemy are now exposed. Not happy as you can tell

Actually, the second play style in fact IS the right way to play, according to Blitz game mechanics. Did you ever read and learn about Blitz game mechanics before? In my own short version, Blitz mechanics are all about "how to spot without being spotted" and "how to shoot without being shot at".

[MOMFU] Enter The M.O.M

The Official M.O.M clan branch on Asia server

Join our M.O.Mradier here

As seen on Youtube Channel

motokami #14 Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

Private

• 4164 battles

thanks greenface, I have dumped my PTA and gone to a Japanese KE. blackballed for 1 hour because I tagged along with the higher tier tanks as support and got blamed for camping or some other sh it, when I was only holding their back against a rear attack, and yes I got a lot more kills and awards for a while and was rated at the top in several battles, but no, the complaints and chat abuse just increased, but rather than just saying fu ck off to the game, I've removed myself from the provocation and went back a lower level, but  the sh it will start again from di ck heads, keyboard kings I suggest.

MrGrimmest #15 Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:47 AM

Corporal

• 41852 battles
  • [ANZUS]

Now that now that I have looked up your stats, I understand why you are abused.

Win rate at 38% overall, but less than that for tiers 6 to 9; and an average tier at 8.44.

You think you know how to play, but you don't.  

You think you can do better with a higher tier tank, but you can't. 

You think it's your team, but it's you.

Drop back to tier 2 or 3, and get a heavy tank, and watch what others do instead of trying to lead.

But don't come back to tier 8 to 10 until your win rate is 50%.

The_Gaffer #16 Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

Hey, motokami. I thought I was done commenting on the forums (that can be as hostile and unpleasant as in-game abuse, as you’ve discovered, but handled admirably) but what you said resonated with me. 

Firstly, know this - it is nigh on impossible to never have someone rant at you, ever. Even if you carry a battle, there can be some guy who feels he should have had one or more of the kills you got or that you should have gone his way, etc. I can tell that you know this but it’s worth remembering as playing to please the player base is futile. 

One of the favourite slurs is “go back to tier 1” or something similar. Well, I did play a LOT in tier 1 when my son and I started playing this game and I did learn to play there before moving up and I advanced gradually. Of course, if you play there too much then you are a seal-clubber so, if you do care about what people think, you need to find the balance. Personally, I don’t care that much these days. If I think I am capable of contributing more than the average player in my team, then I am happy to play in that tier. If I feel I am worse than average, I stay away. So I almost never play above tier 8 and very seldom above tier 6. 

You really can learn and improve by playing lower tiers. Some think it’s bad because the gameplay is different in higher tiers but, honestly, I find that up until tier 8 at least you will find plenty of bad players. It’s not that they aren’t there, it’s just that I don’t want to be one of them. I try to build the skills to play well enough  in the next tier that I can learn there without being a burden to my team.

However, even though I do get frustrated by poor players on my team, this is a freaking video game and if you don’t mind what people think then go for it. You don’t owe it to anyone to change your play style. You are not employed by these people. You can yolo all you want even though it will annoy some players (myself included). Even when I am annoyed because I needed to win 3 in a row and, on the 3rd battle, last win required, half my team is dead in the first minute, I do know that my teammates are under no obligation to perform. The game rules prohibit unfair play but they most certainly do not prohibit inexperienced and/or bad play. I have ranted like the best of them but I always feel lousy afterwards because, again, it’s a game, and they could be 8 years old / impaired somehow / old and slow (like me) - who knows?

Credit to you for taking the comments here so well. If you want to get better without annoying too many players along the way, hit those lower tiers where mistakes are less costly, in general. It can still be fun down there. Just don’t stay too long if your average tier rating bothers you. :) 

Edited by Gandalf_Greyhame, 19 December 2017 - 02:59 PM.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

Neb10k #17 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

Captain

• 57367 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View PostGandalf_Greyhame, on 19 December 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

Hey, motokami. I thought I was done commenting on the forums (that can be as hostile and unpleasant as in-game abuse, as you’ve discovered, but handled admirably) but what you said resonated with me. 

Firstly, know this - it is nigh on impossible to never have someone rant at you, ever. Even if you carry a battle, there can be some guy who feels he should have had one or more of the kills you got or that you should have gone his way, etc. I can tell that you know this but it’s worth remembering as playing to please the player base is futile. 

One of the favourite slurs is “go back to tier 1” or something similar. Well, I did play a LOT in tier 1 when my son and I started playing this game and I did learn to play there before moving up and I advanced gradually. Of course, if you play there too much then you are a seal-clubber so, if you do care about what people think, you need to find the balance. Personally, I don’t care that much these days. If I think I am capable of contributing more than the average player in my team, then I am happy to play in that tier. If I feel I am worse than average, I stay away. So I almost never play above tier 8 and very seldom above tier 6. 

You really can learn and improve by playing lower tiers. Some think it’s bad because the gameplay is different in higher tiers but, honestly, I find that up until tier 8 at least you will find plenty of bad players. It’s not that they aren’t there, it’s just that I don’t want to be one of them. I try to build the skills to play well enough  in the next tier that I can learn there without being a burden to my team.

However, even though I do get frustrated by poor players on my team, this is a freaking video game and if you don’t mind what people think then go for it. You don’t owe it to anyone to change your play style. You are not employed by these people. You can yolo all you want even though it will annoy some players (myself included). Even when I am annoyed because I needed to win 3 in a row and, on the 3rd battle, last win required, half my team is dead in the first minute, I do know that my teammates are under no obligation to perform. The game rules prohibit unfair play but they most certainly do not prohibit inexperienced and/or bad play. I have ranted like the best of them but I always feel lousy afterwards because, again, it’s a game, and they could be 8 years old / impaired somehow / old and slow (like me) - who knows?

Credit to you for taking the comments here so well. If you want to get better without annoying too many players along the way, hit those lower tiers where mistakes are less costly, in general. It can still be fun down there. Just don’t stay too long if your average tier rating bothers you. :) 

Keep commenting on the forums please. You bring wise words and a supportive attitude.

WOT_Losers #18 Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• 6625 battles
  • [WAPN]

IMHO, I'm still figuring this game, which ever direction you go, you need to work with what the RNG gave ya. Sometimes its ok to ask what's the plan?, even if no one replies. I don't mind asking, if someone more experienced has an idea which way to go. Sometimes I just recommend a way, sometimes it works , sometimes ur smack up against them :D

whichever way ya go - but u don't give up, just move on to the next game

There's a 50% chance all the opponent troops are together, bcos they're waiting to snipe

There's a 50% chance they're all the other way, bcos they're waiting to flank

There's a 50% chance you meet all the heavies and they smack the hell outta ya

•   There's a 50% chance your in a med, and meet all the opponent troops, mostly lighter faster ones, who can circle around a lot better
  •  
  • The most important thing I realized after losing a lost of games was to learn to reverse at the right time, a tank is definitely not invincible :P

Neb10k #19 Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:32 AM

Captain

• 57367 battles
  • [KR0N0]

You can guess 70:30 if you know maps and look at team make ups.

The error rate is 1/2 noobs doing strange things and half pros surprising you.

bigben21 #20 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

I think the key is....

1) to survive and

2) do as much damage as possible.

Many rookies cannot Forget about capping base, they just love capping base. They are not aware that capping base is just a fatal distraction to fool rookies. Hence they find themself dieing a lonely death.

In addition, they never change their style of play to suit the situation. They always think that the light tanks must always go a certain route or heavy tanks always go right/left. This is a thinking game. You don’t always do the same thing everytime over and over again. No one game is the same. Sometimes a tortoise needs to climb hill to win. Fight in numbers something that escaped from their mind.... unfortunately.

When scouting, do it with support from your team behind you. Not the team away from you and always wait for your team and be sure they are already in position before engaging, otherwise run away or join them. Always look at the minimap to know where they are. So many times lights or meds just run straight into a bunch of heavies, without even stopping or turning to see where the teammates were. Experienced players will usually know where not to go. If you find yourself charging aggressively alone and you don’t even bother to look where your teammates are, then I am afraid the noob is you and not the team. Of course the same cannot be said, when the whole team spawn camp and you are the only one who moved. Hence if you are half decent in this game you will not be facing the situation when you mentioned you have to face 4-7 enemies alone......

Recently there are many who chose to spawn camp. They barely move out from the spawn or they moved too late. So many times I have seen them dieing after the enemies swarmed him after finding the idiot is alone.

On the contrary, instead of blaming team, its your enemies that should be facing such situation when he has to face the 7 of you. Unfortunately so many of you cannot even understand all these to play the game half decently, but yet they like to blame the team for their early exit in the games...

Edited by bigben21, 30 January 2018 - 05:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users