Update 4.3

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

WGNews #1 Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

Captain

• 0 battles

Crew in Update 4.3 

Changes in crew skills — Tier VII and Elite Experience.

Full news text

Vehicle Changes in Update 4.3

Camouflage, balance, and enrichment — a little bit of everything.

Full news text

Update 4.3

Release date and list of changes.

Full news text

brick_blaster132 #2 Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

Sergeant

• 370 battles

Hmm, Very interesting. As I am a free-to-play player now I don't have use for the over 10million elite XP waiting to be converted. 

I do have a question and a recommendation however.

Question, reading through the article I see nothing wrong with it, so I'd like to know why my post directly below the sneak peek posted a while ago was removed? I simply pointed out that the amount of gold on the account in the picture was 2,666. Even more than that the new RU modes didn't even bother notifying me that it was deleted. Also I can't help be notice that that part of the pictures has been cut in the final draft. So, your welcom for pointing that out. 

Recommendation, ever sense 3.h8 there's really no point in buying a premium that you then have to work to use in any effective capacity. So why not make them better by doing one or more of 3 things.

1) Allow premiums to earn more crew XP than normal tanks, just like their credit earning ability it should be about 50% better.

2) increase conversion ratio for premiums. It's planned to be a 1-1, 1-2  and 1-3 conversion ratio, but for premiums make it a 1-2 1-3 and 1-4 conversion ratio.

3) decrease costs for premium tank elite XP conversion. Instead of 1-1 free, 1-2 for 10 credits and 100-300 for 1 gold make it 1-2 for 5 credits and 200-600 for 1 gold.

these would make premiums a lot more relevant again for doing something other than just buying a OP Russian premium to pad stats. 

Over all i'm while still skeptical I'm looking forward to this new change.

BrSn33 

https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

Blitz's' No. 1 anime hating, Doctor who loving Lego builder 

You can take the red pill, the blue pill or the grey pill, whatever you choose, you're wrong, Stalin will force feed you vodka and Russian bias and there's nothing you can do about it.

Derpkilla_54 #3 Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:13 AM

Corporal

• 5016 battles
  • [JEEP]
YESSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHS... (That's me dancing)... I could finally use my 1 million elite exp, due to the fact that I don't use money on gamessszzzzzz.........

__Noobieman #4 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Private

• 2781 battles
  • [AVSW]

Well I am happy to buy a bit of gold and get a few new premium tanks to enjoy, the game is worth it to me and the diversity of the tanks makes it fun.

The current situation with converting elite experience is too expensive so I am welcoming the Crew 4.3 update.

Derpkilla_54 #5 Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

Corporal

• 5016 battles
  • [JEEP]

View Post__Noobieman, on 07 October 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Well I am happy to buy a bit of gold and get a few new premium tanks to enjoy, the game is worth it to me and the diversity of the tanks makes it fun.

The current situation with converting elite experience is too expensive so I am welcoming the Crew 4.3 update.

Yuppp.. Agreed, gonna look forwar to this update...

TheWhatD #6 Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

Private

• 17362 battles
  • [-RI-]

Dear WG

To the update 4.3 is about to release
Please dont nerf the HESH on the british medium tanks, you guys made it too OP for adding a HEAT shell so we want you to remove the HEAT shell and make it 2 HESH shell like the original british medium tanks.
Thank you

ZIoydd #7 Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostTheWhatD, on 09 October 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Dear WG

To the update 4.3 is about to release
Please dont nerf the HESH on the british medium tanks, you guys made it too OP for adding a HEAT shell so we want you to remove the HEAT shell and make it 2 HESH shell like the original british medium tanks.
Thank you

British MT's are very OP now. When they had only heat, they were normal.

Derpkilla_54 #8 Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Corporal

• 5016 battles
  • [JEEP]

View PostZIoydd, on 09 October 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Yup... Zloydd is correct, if you got a lot of money in Blitz then you can afford to buy HESH shells which has became very OP.... But Zloydd, is there any chance of Cent AX coming out... Just waiting for it

brick_blaster132 #9 Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

Sergeant

• 370 battles

View PostZIoydd, on 09 October 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

I understand you are an employee of a company and as such must say and uphold certain things that your employers tell you too, but WG Devs must understand how utterly wrong they are in this nerf.

As a balancing team your job is too look at data of a tank(s) compared to the median statistics of other tanks of similar nature based on both raw stats AND average post battle performance statistics of tanks. But what you Devs must realize is sense the FV4202 is very unpopular with the majority of the player base the majority of players who regularly use the FV4202 are actually statistically a minority of the player base. This minority of course being the unicums. Unicums of course contaminate your collected data because unlike most players we actually know how to effectively play and not just press the forward button and press the fire button. A good player can make any tank work, even tanks such as the bulldog players can manage a 70%-80% WR in, so does the M41 need a nerf? Of course not! Because it's actually been used by the average player base and has been used a fair bit sense it's only tier 7 and easy to get. Thus your data actually reflects correctly. The FV4202 has always only had two advantages over its opponents, it's auto ricochet upper plate that is in most cases useless, and it's HESH. But because it has HESH it's unique, and good players take a long time to get good and thus get bored of the usual stuff, so unique attracts them. Thus this is why the FV4202 has such high average damage numbers, because majority unicums use the tank. If you where to factor out these players that if given the right  circumstances  can win 1vs6 games, you'll probably find that the British mediums actually UNDER preform. If you where likewise to factor out sub 55% WR players from all other tier 9 and 10 tanks, you'd probably find that these other tanks also out preform the FV and cent 7/1 in terms of post battle results. You have a considerably smaller amount of data points on high tier Brit meds so obviously thus data can't accurately represent the average players abilities in said tanks.  I'm honestly surprised that WGs dev team looked at this issue so illogically. Even from a business stand point. (I.e lowering the already low player base interest in Brit meds) if you must nerf SOMETHING then simply lower the HEAT pen, the tank never had it before and good players managed, so why not just make the premium shells sub par sense they where never meant to be anyways.

this is just my stand point and I'm sure due to my lack of recourses am missing multiple factors. But with the evidence I do have at my disposal it seems that this course of action WGs developer team mate taken is a little premature and based on corrupted data. If you flip a coin then mathematically it should have a 50/50 heads/tails ratio. But if you only have enough time to flip it 25-30 times then it's highly likely the ratio won't be accurate And won't correctly reflect the statistics.

I do however have a suggestion. On PC when I tried making my own account (I typically just use friends accounts because crew skills are a pain and I've grown accustomed to sixth sense) and when I logged in I was greeted with a rental Panzer 58 mutz. So if a tank WG Devs are looking at to determine if it's balanced or not has a small amount of players who recently played it to collect data from WG could give said tank away as a rental special premium version(stats of course being identical) for a specific amount of time, or perhaps a certain number of playable battles. This would get a much larger amount of people playing said tank and would make it much easier to view accurate data from a much larger test group to make an accurate and statistically informed decision.

this is just my opinion, but no offense intended, your developers are showing themselfs to be a bunch amateurs at best. 

BrSn33

#THISPOSTISGOINGTOUNEXISTSOONBUTIVETAKENPICSSOEATTHATMODS 

You can take the red pill, the blue pill or the grey pill, whatever you choose, you're wrong, Stalin will force feed you vodka and Russian bias and there's nothing you can do about it.

brick_blaster132 #10 Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

Sergeant

• 370 battles
Also you basically just stated that they are OP because of HEAT, so riddle me this, if you guys think the top Brit meds are OP now becuse of heat, why'd your Devs decide to nerf just about anything on the gun besides heat?

SonderAbteilung #11 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 37964 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostZIoydd, on 09 October 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

OP ... but not on Asian server !! . I know the most players are on RU server. So based to that data you make changes.    ...just  make tanks interesting and different.  I don't mind fantasy tanks. But I do mind the French TD , LT and US LT ( except t49) (new tank lines are all similar). Because all tanks since 3.8 are just ....meh... (except t49) ... for me this all new tank line just feels like ... Gusary deneg ne berut!.... because you sell OP prem tanks like type 62, t54 mod 1 .... but you guys adjust new tank lines without considering prem tanks.... and you don't try to dare to change my purchased prem tanks. ... you did already with 3.8 and 3.9. So no more nerf prem tank !!! And make game more balanced. 

Spassibo

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

AlphaDxD #12 Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

Private

• 12963 battles
  • [GT_VN]

Dear wargarming, I know u are trying to make the game better but nerfing the British meds so bad is not gd for your game. The nerf of rate of fire shld be reconsidered!

I'm ok with the hesh pen nerf but additional the ROF is too much. The fv402 has a major big weak spot which is the turret and it is the main factor that will make ppl think it's just a weaker Leo 1. So plz reconsider the nerfs!!

Thank You,

rock48240 #13 Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Corporal

• 14748 battles
  • [ALPHA]
120 fps update awesome! I wonder if iPad Pro 10.5 can hit 120 fps at max
  YouTube channel rock gaming TV! Rock gaming TV

S4ad12 #14 Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Corporal

• 11447 battles
  • [AUP]

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/85480-french-lt-tier-9-10-camo-bonus-is-coming-in-43/

i thought french light tanks were gonna get light tank camo in 4.3? :amazed:

SteveHat #15 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

Corporal

• 7119 battles
  • [ANZUS]

Great news that the update is dropping today but a couple of questions;

Where is the announcement of server downtime? All I can see is the date and the fact the game is inaccessible. Usually you are very precise regarding the timing. Found it!

Why was there no in game announcement yesterday so we knew the game would be inaccessible this morning? You couldn't even give us a 12 hour heads up?

Looking forward to the crew changes!

Edited by SteveHat, 10 October 2017 - 09:11 PM.

Neb10k #16 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• 45076 battles
  • [HAVOC]
Can we use elite experience to accelerate the generic crew skills? I.e camouflage for TDs.

SteveHat #17 Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

Corporal

• 7119 battles
  • [ANZUS]

View PostNeb10k, on 10 October 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

Can we use elite experience to accelerate the generic crew skills? I.e camouflage for TDs.

Yes. One of the advantages is if you don't play one category of tank you can still research the skill using elite experience. 

mahalo_201611 #18 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:28 AM

Private

• 2640 battles
  • [HERO_]
I can’t updating to 4.3. My device is ipad mini4 , ios11. When I switced in my app wotb then message said go to update in app store, then i went there , there is no update bottn there is open bottn. I cant update. Help me please. Thx.

mahalo_201611 #19 Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:37 AM

Private

• 2640 battles
  • [HERO_]

View Postmahalo_201611, on 11 October 2017 - 02:28 AM, said:

I can’t updating to 4.3. My device is ipad mini4 , ios11. When I switced in my app wotb then message said go to update in app store, then i went there , there is no update bottn there is open bottn. I cant update. Help me please. Thx.

When I Un-install wotb app, then re install the app again. The app could updated to 4.3. self-desolved .

IZPRO #20 Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:41 AM

Private

• 1991 battles
  • [SERV]
Hi WG,  I have issues regarding update 4.3. It seems that this error always occur when I updated it 'error loading resources' any help for this?? 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users