Guide & Tips for Tank Destroyers?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Nova_Spirit #1 Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 9655 battles
  • [DNGR]

I have a love-hate relationship for tank destroyers, firstly I love about what they are and really interests me to grind it, but what I hate it that it requires patience which i'm not that good at

I'm currently grinding for Jagdpanzer E 100 and now on the Jagdpanzer IV, and I need more guidance and tips for this tank and overall any tank destroyers. It feels frustrating to just get a few damage most of the time, I want to play tank destroyers effectively

LoneReaper #2 Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 27690 battles
  • [MECH]
That was the first line I ground out and my biggest regret. If I had my time again that line would still be left unfinished. Now this is my bias opinion and I have grown to hate turret-less TD's (probably because of this line) grind another line, something with a turret.

Nova_Spirit #3 Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 9655 battles
  • [DNGR]

View PostLoneReaper, on 03 October 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

That was the first line I ground out and my biggest regret. If I had my time again that line would still be left unfinished. Now this is my bias opinion and I have grown to hate turret-less TD's (probably because of this line) grind another line, something with a turret.

I like the grind all lines, because I had this ambition and interests to grind like every line attitude. After hours of just looking at Tier X's made me more eager to get it

LoneReaper #4 Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 27690 battles
  • [MECH]

View PostNova_Spirit, on 03 October 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

I like the grind all lines, because I had this ambition and interests to grind like every line attitude. After hours of just looking at Tier X's made me more eager to get it

Good on ya mate and good luck with that.  :honoring:

abrasol #5 Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

Sergeant

• 7920 battles
  • [AUC]

View PostNova_Spirit, on 03 October 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

I have a love-hate relationship for tank destroyers, firstly I love about what they are and really interests me to grind it, but what I hate it that it requires patience which i'm not that good at

I'm currently grinding for Jagdpanzer E 100 and now on the Jagdpanzer IV, and I need more guidance and tips for this tank and overall any tank destroyers. It feels frustrating to just get a few damage most of the time, I want to play tank destroyers effectively

Same here, love-hate.... because you get busted so badly on occasion, either for being at the wrong spot at the wrong time, getting out of hiding too late or too early...  I think playing TD is a bit of a gamble, besides the experience and skill side. 

Edited by abrasol, 03 October 2017 - 09:29 AM.

_RB_33_ #6 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 22720 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostNova_Spirit, on 03 October 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

View Postabrasol, on 03 October 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Same here, love-hate.... because you get busted so badly on occasion, either for being at the wrong spot at the wrong time, getting out of hiding too late or too early...  I think playing TD is a bit of a gamble, besides the experience and skill side. 

There's an old thread regarding your questions:

http://forum.wotblit...pportquestions/

Hope it helps. Good luck and happy hunting :)

Diamond114 #7 Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]
I started out playing TDs and never regretted every second of it. If you can master turretless tanks, you'll learn to proactively move your hull, which helps with wiggling and mastering close combat brawls in general, especially with heavies. Also you'll learn how to properly ambush and snipe, therefore making you a straighter shooter and a really cheeky bugger, particularly when playing with autoloaders.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

bigben21 #8 Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

IMO in general slow moving non-turret tds rely heavily on the team. IMO both jgpz is about same.

Jgpz e100 has quite a good amour if you know how to angle it well, a pretty respectable alpha damage, but after watching buskha’s video and started playing a handful of games, my conclusion is that I don’t really enjoy this tank. :(

There are many reasons, I will name 3 major ones:

1) too slow n cannot brawl.

This is a tank that relies very heavily on the team to spot and win games. If your mts are not moving & spotting, e100 is basically useless, becos u can’t brawl. Anything that gets beside or behind u, u r dead. 

2) many times you are left behind by not so good team. 

Even if mts did their job and have spotted enemies, why then e100 is still relying heavily on team to win games? Becos most inexperienced players will already start to engage the enemies once they spotted the enemies, instead of waiting for the team to be ready. More often than not e100 can’t catch up. When enemy’s mts spotted u alone, u r as good as dead. So your team need to stay close to you. But not all players are good enough to know that, many times team won’t wait for u, especially the lights n mts. So the scenario is either u r already down by 1 or 2 teammates by the time u reach them or you are caught alone.

3) relatively long reload n aim time.

My jgpz e100 is fully equipped. Yet I still find the aiming time too long, especially against mts n lights. When playing tier x, most players are not easy targets anymore. Most enemies will retreat to reload after firing a shot. So a sniping e100 has very little time to aim at the enemy before it retreated. 5sec of aim time is a little too slow to be effective in most of the situation imo.

So below are the suggestion I propose to counter the major weaknesses. Anyone who has other suggestions please contribute too.

1) let your team lead u, always follow them close behind to provide support fire, instead of u leading them. 

2) choose to follow and stay close to the heavies, if your mts move off without waiting for the team. Never go alone.

3) for battle in a closer range with enemies side scrapping is effective so move to an area or spot where u have plenty hard cover. Hide your front lower glacis and only expose your angled side. For sniping at distance choose thick bushes to hide and make use of your camo, if possible target slower moving tanks. :bush:Move when spotted.

4) Definitely no stubborn camping. Always move when no target or your team has moved. Always be there for team to provide support fire.

5) Stay close to edge of the map, don’t go to the centre of the map.

But I think at the end of the day, having a good team is crucial for the jgpzs.

Edited by bigben21, 03 October 2017 - 06:46 PM.

Joy_127 #9 Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 55161 battles
  • [-IQ-]

View PostNova_Spirit, on 03 October 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

While in battle Always think how u will survive an attempted cod if a quick tanks suddenly appears. Moving from cover to cover is adviced. Also knowing all td spots in maps helps

xXYoloNoobSwagXx #10 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

Captain

• 24266 battles
  • [ACT-1]
For borsig: you miss and you die. Not worth wastig money on this lemon scam

Only accepts plats. Those that need help in grinding or wants to do stupid stuff, invite me. other than that, dont.

Lores: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory, Edel/Lupus/Nameless, Crombie, Independence, Shinobi, Matilda BP, Drac/Helsing, Tankenstein

XF1_Razer #11 Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

Sergeant

• 13305 battles
  • [DARTH]

Tank destroyers are amazing. Especially my Object 268. It bounces everything and the camo values and firepower are insane. It is also a very versatile tank destroyer. In fact I just ate an E100 with 268 cause he either was horrible at shooting or got some real unlucky hits to my un-penatrable manlet. The angling is also great for its frontal armour. It’s truly very amazing. I have a love/don’t hate relationship with Object 268. Although some TDs are bad. Examples of this include - ISU, even with the BL10 its atrocious. 

To sum it all up I would (probably not) recommend ‘The Object 268’ line unless you’ve got some sturdy precious experience with Tanks destroyers... cause ISU sucks.

- your (not so) friendly neighbour Razer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users