Match making is worst now

worst match making match making MM

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

E3E3E3E #21 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:32 AM

Private

• 4830 battles

View Postanthonylei01, on 03 October 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

I say again, the problem is not with the game or the MM. It is you. Please up your skill level before screaming about poor MM. If you don't know how to evaluate your performance. Use this website. 

http://wotbstars.com...eo=Asia&lng=eng

​These days MM is very bad and if you say no it means you got lucky. Before saying check other region forums also (NA, EU, Russia) you can see lots of peoples are complaining about bad MM and they have above 70% win rate and played above 30K battles so I think they are skilled players. If wot blitz using personal rating for rating battles then why they are not applying that in normal battles. In battle we need skill based MM not tier based, cause lots of peoples rushed to get high tier tank but they don't know how to play with that so it ruin other good player's game. Isn't it frustrating? 

Joy_127 #22 Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• 55161 battles
  • [-IQ-]

Amount of Headless chickens in higher teirs is too damn high and MM probably struggling to cope with it. :trollface:

Players in teir10 are doing things that we expect from below teir5. Like just blindly driving forward whichever way the tank is pointing. No consideration of map or team composition. 

Lord_Melchett #23 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 31051 battles
  • [1914]

View PostJoy_127, on 05 October 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Amount of Headless chickens in higher teirs is too damn high and MM probably struggling to cope with it. :trollface:

Players in teir10 are doing things that we expect from below teir5. Like just blindly driving forward whichever way the tank is pointing. No consideration of map or team composition.

Matchmaking just can't handle stupidity.  It struggles enough with getting similar numbers of similar type tanks on each team.

Light_Tank_Pro_SG #24 Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:47 AM

Sergeant

• 52 battles
Potatoes will continue to buy and rush tiers

anthonylei01 #25 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:26 AM

Captain

• 16057 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostE3E3E3E, on 05 October 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

​These days MM is very bad and if you say no it means you got lucky. Before saying check other region forums also (NA, EU, Russia) you can see lots of peoples are complaining about bad MM and they have above 70% win rate and played above 30K battles so I think they are skilled players. If wot blitz using personal rating for rating battles then why they are not applying that in normal battles. In battle we need skill based MM not tier based, cause lots of peoples rushed to get high tier tank but they don't know how to play with that so it ruin other good player's game. Isn't it frustrating? 

Why keep blaming MM and wanted skill based MM to balance the good and bad players? In reality, it is not possible to have perfectly balanced teams. 

I don't think too many good players want to play against equally good players in every game. At least I don't want to because I play this game to have fun, the need to perform at 100% in every game is not fun. I like to yolo from time to time. Knowing the fact that all players are only capable in affecting 10% of the games they play in, then it is a lot easier to enjoy the game.

anthonylei01 #26 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

Captain

• 16057 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostSgt_Elias, on 04 October 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

Ah, anthonylei01, back to buff your ego with the usual condescension. You must feel much better now, after reaffirming your superiority.

I don't feel anything. If u feel my response violated any forum rules. Please send a support ticket to WG or contact forum admin. 

The__Trooper #27 Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

Sergeant

• 778 battles

View Postanthonylei01, on 06 October 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

I don't feel anything. If u feel my response violated any forum rules. Please send a support ticket to WG or contact forum admin. 

No, you didn't violate any rules and you know it, you just enjoy the opportunity to point out that players should be better, like you. Same reason you display your stats in your signature. It has no practical purpose, you just want people to know how good you are.

abrasol #28 Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:02 AM

Sergeant

• 7430 battles
  • [AUC]

View Postbigben21, on 04 October 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

To be fair, mm sometimes is very loopsided. E.g. 5 tds 2 hts against a team with mixed type of tanks. A team with inexperienced players with low wr against a team of unicums. These are common examples. 

However, not all loses are attributable to mm. There are times when I too fall into the trap of being too eager to chase the xp and credits for upgrades, despite having a losing streak, especially when I am in a stock tank. 

After a while I have learned not to rush through things, to avoid being fraustrated. I now do not play my higher tier tanks unless I have at least upgraded the gun with free xp. And I stop playing the tank after 3-5 loses in a row.

Continue playing and grind for points if you are in a winning streak. But learn to avoid the urge to continue challenging yourself against the losing streak. Sometimes it may just be a day when there are simply not enough players, or type of tanks around to make mm fair. Stop playing the tank after losing 3-5 games in a row. Play another tier or tank. If the losing streak continues, then stop playing, come back another day.

I totally agree with your observation of how MM works and affects the moral - And the argument that it is just you or your skills is ridiculous. If now someone's playing style is to wait for a red Noob team and then yolo and having good results, that is just an opportunistic view. Now take that and assume that in this lottery, some people get luckier than others, then we get already closer to reality.

Besides, one does not exclude the other - if you can win games thanks to your skills and experience, - it does not exclude that you still win or loose MANY, simply because of worsening matchmaking!

Also, depending on your favourite tank type and playing style, MM may matter more or less. Some play styles obviously rely more on the team - and others less... 

If only people could be honest (with themselves in the first place) and admit that they actually win many games because of favourable MM, and loose (maybe more or maybe less) because of being in the wrong team, created by unfair MM.

abrasol #29 Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:17 AM

Sergeant

• 7430 battles
  • [AUC]
There is 

View Postanthonylei01, on 06 October 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

Why keep blaming MM and wanted skill based MM to balance the good and bad players? In reality, it is not possible to have perfectly balanced teams. 

I don't think too many good players want to play against equally good players in every game. At least I don't want to because I play this game to have fun, the need to perform at 100% in every game is not fun. I like to yolo from time to time. Knowing the fact that all players are only capable in affecting 10% of the games they play in, then it is a lot easier to enjoy the game.

Equally and best balanced teams are obviously not possible, mainly because the (available) player base is at times not big enough. But the other extreme does not justify the opposite!

The fact that perfectly balanced and equal teams is both not possible and maybe even not requested, does not justify COMPLETELY and utterly unbalanced teams, as we find it too many times.

Also, there is a big contradiction in some people claiming that your WR and success is based on skills, while they approve unfair and/or extremely unbalanced teams, created by MM. Because as a simple matter of facts, (I am not saying intentional) unbalanced MM, brings about a LOTTERY, rather than skill based results. How can anyone argue about this topic and not see the yawning contradiction in this claim?

Clone_Kevin #30 Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:32 AM

Private

• 9592 battles
  • [AXP2]
I totally agree! Played a match with 4 lights 2 mediums and one is7 which is in my team, against an opponent team with 2 fv183 one jgpze100 one Foch, and 2 is7 and one musketeer. How do you even win the battle!

anthonylei01 #31 Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

Captain

• 16057 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostThe__Trooper, on 07 October 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

No, you didn't violate any rules and you know it, you just enjoy the opportunity to point out that players should be better, like you. Same reason you display your stats in your signature. It has no practical purpose, you just want people to know how good you are.

too bad, I only consider myself as average at best. I make way too many mistakes. 

anthonylei01 #32 Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• 16057 battles
  • [CPVA]

View Postabrasol, on 08 October 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

There is 

Equally and best balanced teams are obviously not possible, mainly because the (available) player base is at times not big enough. But the other extreme does not justify the opposite!

The fact that perfectly balanced and equal teams is both not possible and maybe even not requested, does not justify COMPLETELY and utterly unbalanced teams, as we find it too many times.

Also, there is a big contradiction in some people claiming that your WR and success is based on skills, while they approve unfair and/or extremely unbalanced teams, created by MM. Because as a simple matter of facts, (I am not saying intentional) unbalanced MM, brings about a LOTTERY, rather than skill based results. How can anyone argue about this topic and not see the yawning contradiction in this claim?

you are right, I am one of the selected few by WG to have good MM.

I think you should contact WG support centre and see whether they can fix the bad MM you are facing. Must be a bug.

abrasol #33 Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:17 AM

Sergeant

• 7430 battles
  • [AUC]

View Postanthonylei01, on 08 October 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

you are right, I am one of the selected few by WG to have good MM.

I think you should contact WG support centre and see whether they can fix the bad MM you are facing. Must be a bug.

And you must make great offerings to the Gods, maybe a pig head and a bottle of black Label, to thank them for thou art favoured ;)

Stop dreaming of being a star, if this game and the WR was based on skills and personal performance only, MANY players would have WR of 20% and less, according to their abilities and skills - while the top players would hardly loose even a game. They make sure that the majority does not look too bad or too good. Even more importantly, look at many players including those in this forum, WHAT HUGE EFFORTS they NEED make to get their WR up, including having multiple training accounts, lots of platooning, checking stats before deciding to go for a specific tank, chasing the most competitive tanks, buying premiums and gold and the whole enchilada. Wake up and face the truth...

Edited by abrasol, 09 October 2017 - 01:58 AM.

abrasol #34 Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

Sergeant

• 7430 battles
  • [AUC]

I have given this example before with different numbers - very easy math, neither rhetorical nor sarcastic....just FACTS

Player A with a WR of 48% and player B with a WR of 58% - not just in theory, but in practice payer A, wins 48 games of 100, and payer B wins 58 in 100. 

While player B, still looses 42 games of 100 - which is a LOT, compared to player A, who looses 58 of 100.

So if the game was skill based, player B would just be 10% more skilled than A? You know what? I can live with that, being just 10% less skilled. But I cannot live with the fact that in 

7 of 10 lost games, I am the one with the most damage and/or exp. And I am sure, this kind of experience is even worse and more frustrating for someone with a higher WR than mine.

UNLESS, they take comfort and pride in their relatively high WR, and swallow the frustration as described... 

_DerpyBaguette_ #35 Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:50 AM

HESH Hater

• 16218 battles

View Postabrasol, on 09 October 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

I have given this example before with different numbers - very easy math, neither rhetorical nor sarcastic....just FACTS

Player A with a WR of 48% and player B with a WR of 58% - not just in theory, but in practice payer A, wins 48 games of 100, and payer B wins 58 in 100. 

While player B, still looses 42 games of 100 - which is a LOT, compared to player A, who looses 58 of 100.

So if the game was skill based, player B would just be 10% more skilled than A? You know what? I can live with that, being just 10% less skilled. But I cannot live with the fact that in 

7 of 10 lost games, I am the one with the most damage and/or exp. And I am sure, this kind of experience is even worse and more frustrating for someone with a higher WR than mine.

UNLESS, they take comfort and pride in their relatively high WR, and swallow the frustration as described... 

Actually for me, I think the MM is really bad now... Once I was playing with a team of 3 noobs. Those 3 noobs are like those kind of players that just only grind one line and don't grind other lines... SO in high tiers, they are noobs... with tier 1 brains... NOT HAPPY WG

bigben21 #36 Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19397 battles
  • [ARMYE]

MM is bad now because many better players are on holiday or either quitted.

I just played about 20 games last weekend after a 2 month break becos of connection issues. Majority of the players in the higher tier are with less than 2000 games, and wr in their low 40%. Encountered 1 playing tier 8 with only 22 games. Guess what his wr was???????

Omg only 10%!!!!!!! He was in my team!  He only moved after I gave him a earful, as he tried to akf or he has a habit of moving very late in the game. Anyhow we won the game and he survived, but with 0 hit, mean 0 contribution from this potato. Guess winning now depend on which team has more noobs. 

Mr_Noob7 #37 Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:43 AM

Sergeant

• 20517 battles
  • [BOOM2]

View Postbigben21, on 09 October 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

MM is bad now because many better players are on holiday or either quitted.

I just played about 20 games last weekend after a 2 month break becos of connection issues. Majority of the players in the higher tier are with less than 2000 games, and wr in their low 40%. Encountered 1 playing tier 8 with only 22 games. Guess what his wr was???????

Omg only 10%!!!!!!! He was in my team!  He only moved after I gave him a earful, as he tried to akf or he has a habit of moving very late in the game. Anyhow we won the game and he survived, but with 0 hit, mean 0 contribution from this potato. Guess winning now depend on which team has more noobs. 

Was he driving a Lowe ? :trollface:

Edited by Mr_Noob7, 09 October 2017 - 06:43 AM.

Hula, Hula, Hulaaaaa !

WakilSekolah_ #38 Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

Corporal

• 1967 battles
  • [MY]

View Postabrasol, on 09 October 2017 - 01:17 AM, said:

And you must make great offerings to the Gods, maybe a pig head and a bottle of black Label, to thank them for thou art favoured ;)

Stop dreaming of being a star, if this game and the WR was based on skills and personal performance only, MANY players would have WR of 20% and less, according to their abilities and skills - while the top players would hardly loose even a game. They make sure that the majority does not look too bad or too good. Even more importantly, look at many players including those in this forum, WHAT HUGE EFFORTS they NEED make to get their WR up, including having multiple training accounts, lots of platooning, checking stats before deciding to go for a specific tank, chasing the most competitive tanks, buying premiums and gold and the whole enchilada. Wake up and face the truth...

Aren't you contradicting yourself? First you were saying this being a lottery and next you acknowledge effort needed to raise WR.

I accept if you think MM is a bit of a lottery. You can be placed in the worst team ever and it happens all the time to everyone, but it doesn't stop you from putting in your effort. You can't win it all but you can give your best every time. Knowing what to do, where to be and dishing out heaps of damage is not part of the lottery. All that require knowledge and skill. And to be able to turn around things when the lottery against you requires greater knowledge and skill. 

I'm not siding with anyone here and I also accept that people have different skill and abilites. You can be good at this game and bad at other things vice versa. Being good or bad blitz player means little in our RL. But do not belittle others that put efforts to have good game and for that having good stats to just luck and chance. Too often when people look for excuse they look elsewhere, when they should've just start looking in the mirror. 

abrasol #39 Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:45 AM

Sergeant

• 7430 battles
  • [AUC]

View PostWakilSekolah_, on 09 October 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Aren't you contradicting yourself? First you were saying this being a lottery and next you acknowledge effort needed to raise WR.

I accept if you think MM is a bit of a lottery. You can be placed in the worst team ever and it happens all the time to everyone, but it doesn't stop you from putting in your effort. You can't win it all but you can give your best every time. Knowing what to do, where to be and dishing out heaps of damage is not part of the lottery. All that require knowledge and skill. And to be able to turn around things when the lottery against you requires greater knowledge and skill. 

I'm not siding with anyone here and I also accept that people have different skill and abilites. You can be good at this game and bad at other things vice versa. Being good or bad blitz player means little in our RL. But do not belittle others that put efforts to have good game and for that having good stats to just luck and chance. Too often when people look for excuse they look elsewhere, when they should've just start looking in the mirror. 

No, no, I am not contradicting myself even a bit, I am just picking up anthonylei01's contradictory arguments and deprogram them. There is no contradiction in the game being a lottery and the need (well do we have a choice anyway) to put as much effort in the game as one can... BUT you have to admit that IT IS QUITE A CONTRADICTION in itself... Not me contradicting myself either, the contradiction is THERE and in front of everyone's eyes. And I have not even touched the topic of how little it means to be good or bad at this game versus the RL (real life) of each and every player. YOU have evoked it only in your last post. I had not touched this topic yet, and you start holding something against me as an argument that I have never even evoked?! This is absurd... Me belittling others?! Where do you even get all these ideas and projections?!  Quote: " And to be able to turn around things when the lottery against you requires greater knowledge and skill. " No, sorry, that does not require greater knowledge and skill, that requires desperation to win a rigged and unfair game.. Yes, it perhaps will make people whip it out and argue endlessly about something that isn't fair. YET they gave so much to be good at it, and still cash in SO MUCH FRUSTRATION - and that is the problem here that concerns everyone. The only thing that prevents them from just waking up and seeing the ongoing scam, is their addiction and regrets about how much they have invested on several levels.  - In the meanwhile I look in my mirror and you look in yours... 

Edited by abrasol, 10 October 2017 - 03:00 AM.

anthonylei01 #40 Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:26 AM

Captain

• 16057 battles
  • [CPVA]

View Postabrasol, on 10 October 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

No, no, I am not contradicting myself even a bit, I am just picking up anthonylei01's contradictory arguments and deprogram them. There is no contradiction in the game being a lottery and the need (well do we have a choice anyway) to put as much effort in the game as one can... BUT you have to admit that IT IS QUITE A CONTRADICTION in itself... Not me contradicting myself either, the contradiction is THERE and in front of everyone's eyes. And I have not even touched the topic of how little it means to be good or bad at this game versus the RL (real life) of each and every player. YOU have evoked it only in your last post. I had not touched this topic yet, and you start holding something against me as an argument that I have never even evoked?! This is absurd... Me belittling others?! Where do you even get all these ideas and projections?!  Quote: " And to be able to turn around things when the lottery against you requires greater knowledge and skill. " No, sorry, that does not require greater knowledge and skill, that requires desperation to win a rigged and unfair game.. Yes, it perhaps will make people whip it out and argue endlessly about something that isn't fair. YET they gave so much to be good at it, and still cash in SO MUCH FRUSTRATION - and that is the problem here that concerns everyone. The only thing that prevents them from just waking up and seeing the ongoing scam, is their addiction and regrets about how much they have invested on several levels.  - In the meanwhile I look in my mirror and you look in yours... 

Thanks for picking on me :) enjoyed it

So, according to your analysis, the MM is rigged and you have no control on winning the game. Then do you care to explain your play style? Say for ARL44, which is one of the best tier 6 tanks out there, how do u play this tank? Are you doing enough or not enough damage to influence the outcome of the game? Or put it simply, are u doing enough damages to pull your weight?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users