Help me decide which tank to ascend to Tier 7

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

MrpreGaming #1 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:18 AM

Corporal

• 4239 battles
  • [TAKEN]

Since my end goal is to complete the German, Soviet, French and Japan Tanks, i having problems which tanks to grind and ascend to tier 7. Heres the list.

KV-13 (Grind Via KV-1S)

JPanther (Grind Via Nashorn)

LTTB (Grind Via MT-25)

T-43 (Grind Via T-34-85)

AMX M4 45 (Grind Via ARL 44)

VK 30.02D (Grind Via VK 30.01D)

Comet (Grind Via CromWell)

KV-3 (Grind Via T-150)

Chi-Ri (Grind Via Chi-To)

AMX AC 46 (Grind Via ARL V39)

AMX 13 75 (Grind Via AMX 12T)

If u guys know or have the tanks, pls help me decide which to take to Tier 7. I want to know some tank's strengths and weaknesses. Btw im a all rounded player, i can adapt to any playstyle.

chris020 #2 Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:32 AM

Corporal

• 5903 battles
Get the chi ri,3 round autoloader with good reload time compensates for HE penetrable side and rear armor

chris020

Solo player

____RON____ #3 Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:23 AM

Corporal

• 3976 battles
  • [-XB-]
Get T43 for moderate DPM,better armor & stalin's factor,Comet for best DPM with nice gun depression,Chi-Ri for 3 shot autoloader(with paperthin armor),Panther for best pen number in AP (same dpm with T43).I wont recommend KV 13,unless you want to taste some Russian heavy type things.
"A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults."

MrpreGaming #4 Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

Corporal

• 4239 battles
  • [TAKEN]

View Post____RON____, on 29 September 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

Get T43 for moderate DPM,better armor & stalin's factor,Comet for best DPM with nice gun depression,Chi-Ri for 3 shot autoloader(with paperthin armor),Panther for best pen number in AP (same dpm with T43).I wont recommend KV 13,unless you want to taste some Russian heavy type things.

I already do have the Panther. But was wondering anyone who has the VK 30.02D, how they feel while playing in that tank.

EDIT: Opps i thought u were talking about the tier 7 med, the Panther not the original Jpanther

Edited by MrpreGaming, 29 September 2017 - 08:40 AM.

MrpreGaming #5 Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

Corporal

• 4239 battles
  • [TAKEN]

View Postchris020, on 29 September 2017 - 07:32 AM, said:

Get the chi ri,3 round autoloader with good reload time compensates for HE penetrable side and rear armor

Thats the thing, Chi-To (aside from ARL V39) is one of those tanks that i have so so so much problems grinding with

InvisibleShadow #6 Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9973 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostMrpreGaming, on 29 September 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Thats the thing, Chi-To (aside from ARL V39) is one of those tanks that i have so so so much problems grinding with

Don't take chi ri. Japanese tank line is very hard for beginners. Lousy armor all the way too. Russian med line more newb friendly and T-43 is kinda good. Take T-43.

%5Burl=http://wotbstars.com...peg[/img][/url]

CALVINJJ #7 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Captain

• 13811 battles
  • [-LA-]

Easy question, pick KV-3 because it's the easiest line to play.

Then pick T43 because it leads to a pretty good medium tanks

現在只是個亡靈,請無視就好

ZIoydd #8 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
13 75 and comet are good. But it’s hard to learn to play it

Diamond114 #9 Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Captain

• 14673 battles
  • [408]

Stock, VK 30.02D plays like VK 30.01D with top turret and gun but in Tier VIII MM spread, which is fine if you can keep attention off of yourself and use the DPM on distracted or injured high-alpha, long reload tanks that you manage to bait to shoot and miss. Top turret on VK 30.02D enables you to use the 88mm L/56 carried over from the German Heavy line in Tier VI. Less pen and slightly less ROF, but the alpha balances it out. Thing is, the top turret traverses a bit slow for a medium tank turret, so the viable way to make it work would be a flanker playstyle or in a wolf pack to reduce your close-range vulnerability. Not recommend you brawl in it one-on-one with another mobile tank unless you can move your turret and hull at the same time towards a target that needs to die.

Wouldn`t recommend the KV-13, KV-3 and Chi-Ri. KV-13 leads to T-43, effectively wasting your time and silver to grind and unlock a same tier tank besides having piss-poor gun depression that ruins everything good about this tank (and this tank has decent performance on all three counts of mobility, firepower and armor. It`s just that -5 gun depression on a tall hulled tank that really made me not enjoying this tank very much.), KV-3 can be a bit slow and uncompetitive with the 107mm gun in a Tier VII spread. Even fully upgraded it`s still a bit sluggish, so unless you have a lot of experience fighting fast tanks in slow tanks I can`t quite recommend the KV-3 line. Not to mention the ST-1 needs the BL-9 gun to remain usable in Tier IX spread, and that gun cannot be researched in the KV-3 line. Japanese medium line as a whole isn`t friendly to new players and those who can`t avoid taking damage and enemy team`s attention.

Also wouldn`t recommend TDs unless you know how to play turretless.

Comet, LTTB, AMX M4 45 and T-43 are probably the ones viable from the choice available, with the Comet you proceed to the Centurions, with LTTB you get T-54 ltwt, T-43 you get T-44 and T-54 along with T-54 ltwt, and AMX M4 45 leads to  the AMX 50 120 line. There are still other lines, like the SP I C and Ru 251 line, Caernarvon and Conqueror line, IS and IS-3 line. Can`t comment on AMX 13 75 line; still on L` Quack. Too much fun playing that and AMX 38.

Comet needs to be played in a traditional medium playstyle with some hull down tactics thanks to it`s gun mantlet that does bounce shots. However I would caution against firing on the move since 3.8 placed Vertical Stabilizer that used to be Comet`s strength to Tier 3 equipment slot. It`s still usable, but not as good as before. Cent I needs to be played with even more emphasis on hull down if possible early on, since the hull isn`t strong enough to handle same tier medium tank guns let alone heavy tank guns. Once you get to mid-game and late-game, if you kept yourself alive with plenty of HP to spare, then you can start brawling and using the excellent penetration and DPM to outdo, more often than not, injured or distracted enemy tanks. With Cent 7/1 you can afford to be on the frontline, however by this point you need to watch out for the big hitting TDs and heavies. With Cent 7/1 you have the choice to play DPM with Type B barrel 20 pounder or play suppport and flanker using the 105mm L7.

T-43 coming from the T-34/85 isn`t really bad once fully upgraded, you might struggle early on with the mobility, but once your crew gets maxed and you upgrade your engine, T-43 is a nice flanking and wolfpacking tank to have, with decent mobility, good DPM gun with average penetration and accuracy, and somewhat bouncy if unreliable armor. I say unreliable because a good, accurate player who knows where to shoot to pen a T-43 will pen you even frontally, and the armor does rely more on the enemy making poorly-placed shot to bounce. Learn how to flank and shoot which weakspot on a specific tank. T-44 is a jack of all trades, with decent armor for its tier, good mobility, and a top gun that is relatively accurate and hard-hitting, if being a letdown in the penetration department. However, if you come to T-44 without grinding the IS at Tier VII first, you`ll have to grind both the D10T, which is an improvement but not much of one, and the LB-1, which this tank needs to have to shine, using the same long 85mm from the T-34/85. And mobility once again suffers from stock engine, when you upgrade to subsequent engines they get better. Do NOT use the 122mm, slow reload time and bad gun handling and soft stats isn`t worth the higher alpha. And lower DPM and penetration too. T-54 grind stock should be made as short as possible, preferably by Free XP-ing some of the modules before you actually buy the tank. The must have is the tracks and the gun; you can make do with stock engine and stock mobility playing T-54 as a supporting medium, preferably in a wolfpack. Once you have the tracks and engine and the corresponding mobility increase, then you can try taking lead of the wolfpack and take point. HOWEVER, do be ware of big alpha-biting TDs and heavies, and don`t fight on hills if you can. T-54 only has -5 of gun depression compared to -6/-7 to the T-43 and T-44, so if you climb a hill you have to go all the way up and expose your hull, which puts you at a disadvantage compared to US and British tanks and Japanese tanks to some extent. Gun on the T-54 decides the playstyle you should adopt; the D-10T2C is a mediocre pen, but accurate and quick-firing gun good for close-in brawls, and the D-54 has slightly better aim time and AP penetration, but worse accuracy, ROF and slightly worse gun handling, therefore this gun is more suitable to a more supportive playstyle, always keeping your enemies at an arms distance and taking careful, planned shots.

LTTB coming from MT-25 plays much like the T-43, with better mobility, camo and view range advantages of the light tanks, and better gun depression with the T-43`s top gun, which is the middle gun in LTTB. However, side armor is worse than T-43, and being over-aggresive in lights generally doesn`t end well for you if you`re the one to make contact first with enemy tanks unless in a wolfpack. T-54 ltwt is much the same theme compared to T-54, and aside from slightly weaker turret armor and worse selection of guns plays more or less similarly to T-54.

AMX M4 45 at Tier VII is played similarly to the Tiger I; a DPM-oriented glass heavy tank that can dominate when kept from taking damage early on and kept alive and fighting as long as possible. Starting from AMX 50 100 at Tier VIII though, the rest of the line is autoloader-oriented, therefore you have to get used to reading the rythm and timing to attack and who you can attack and kill or help kill with a single clip; adopt an ambush and harrasser playstyle and do NOT get tempted to stick around and try to beat the other guy`s reload once you expend your clips. Autoloaders have FAR longer reload than single shot guns once their clip is expended, use the time to relocate and work the timing so when you turn up again you have reloaded. This advice also works with generally faster shot delay autoloaders than SP I C and IS-3 Defender autoloaders. Also note that AMX heavies have thin armor for heavy tanks; ambush playstyle should help you avoid incoming attention and incoming fire.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"Adapt and create your own. Be like water" - Bruce Lee 

Ronnel_999 #10 Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

Corporal

• 10982 battles
If you want a FUN, decent armoured, fast tank that drifts around like a sports car plus with "light tank on the move camo", then I suggest the LTTB. If you want to yolo like a mad man and do power slide all over the battlefield then add the two cans of fuel and use the 2nd top gun (because it's lighter than the top gun and has gun depression), then find a Dracula or another LTTB platoonmate and annoy the reds with both your pestering speed. Yes you can die in less than a minute if you yolo really hard and end up in the middle of 7 reds but thats part of the curse driving a tank with a rocket engine :)

PS: T-54 ltwt is super fun also :)

Derpkilla_54 #11 Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:26 PM

Corporal

• 5016 battles
  • [JEEP]

View PostRonnel_999, on 30 September 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

If you want a FUN, decent armoured, fast tank that drifts around like a sports car plus with "light tank on the move camo", then I suggest the LTTB. If you want to yolo like a mad man and do power slide all over the battlefield then add the two cans of fuel and use the 2nd top gun (because it's lighter than the top gun and has gun depression), then find a Dracula or another LTTB platoonmate and annoy the reds with both your pestering speed. Yes you can die in less than a minute if you yolo really hard and end up in the middle of 7 reds but thats part of the curse driving a tank with a rocket engine :)

PS: T-54 ltwt is super fun also :)

Yuppp... LTTB and T-54 ltwt all are pretty fun... I love those thanks. For you (newbies), recommend T-43 (but really... The T-44 Line empties out to T-54, while only have the upgraded 175 pen gun and you need more EXP to completely max out T-54, so I chose T-54 ltwt line... T-43, LTTB, and the Russian Heavies (IS line)... LTTB has op front armor but T-43 and LTTB all suffer from the Nicki Minaj Butt Problem... The English line to Tier 7 is great... But for the last 3 tiers... IT isn't the best like it was in the 6 early tiers. T-43 (I wouldn't choose this if you are grinding up to T-54,,, CHOOSE T-54 ltwt line) LTTB, Comet (Remember the last 3 tiers can be a bit hard for you) Or the Russian Heavies (IS line) which is pretty fun and noob-friendly... Good luck

Diamond114 #12 Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

Captain

• 14673 battles
  • [408]

View PostDerpkilla_54, on 07 October 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

Yuppp... LTTB and T-54 ltwt all are pretty fun... I love those thanks. For you (newbies), recommend T-43 (but really... The T-44 Line empties out to T-54, while only have the upgraded 175 pen gun and you need more EXP to completely max out T-54, so I chose T-54 ltwt line... T-43, LTTB, and the Russian Heavies (IS line)... LTTB has op front armor but T-43 and LTTB all suffer from the Nicki Minaj Butt Problem... The English line to Tier 7 is great... But for the last 3 tiers... IT isn't the best like it was in the 6 early tiers. T-43 (I wouldn't choose this if you are grinding up to T-54,,, CHOOSE T-54 ltwt line) LTTB, Comet (Remember the last 3 tiers can be a bit hard for you) Or the Russian Heavies (IS line) which is pretty fun and noob-friendly... Good luck

​The Brits and US tanks at Tier VIII kinda have to be played with a deliberate, well thought-out game plan, particularly the Cent from the two (Cent I and Pershing), which meant you have to play conservatively at the early stages of the match and see how it develops. If you can do that and avoid taking damage, you will find most times when both teams have finished killing each other, your larger remaining HP pool and DPM can often be the very thing that allows you to finish off the OPFOR team because your HP pool makes you relatively tanky, whereas these OPFOR tanks would`ve had only a sliver of health remaining and so are easier to kill from your end. Both Cent I and Pershing kinda excelled played this way in my experience, with Cent I having pen and ROF advantage while Pershing has a more reliable front armor and the alpha sort of makes up the lower ROF. The only problem with Pershing is pen, often you can find yourself spamming premmo. It also helps if the OPFOR made mistakes.

Case in point: Pershing on Himmelsdorf many moons ago prior to premmo nerf, I was doing my usual thing in medium tanks, darting in and out of alleyways and trying to get flank shots, until I helped the E-75 in my team get rid of a COD-ing T-44. At that point I was pretty much 3/4 - 4/5 health, E-75 had probably about 30% HP and a damaged engine, and OPFOR still had a full health IS-6 and an IS-8 at 300 or so health. E-75 backed off into a corner, I had spotted both IS`s coming and was getting ready to fight to the death, popping Adrenaline and pulling out premmo from my racks. IS-6 came charging in while the IS-8 stayed back, so I used the wreck of the T-44 I killed earlier as cover and started punching holes into the IS-6, but for some reason he ignored me and went straight for the E-75. I continue to shoot at him as I contemplate whether to chase him or not, but quickly I decided if that IS-6 rounds that corner, E-75 might be toast; I need to keep the E-75 alive. So I gave chase and took a round into by back from the IS-8, but the Pershing has the HP to take that hit, so I just hit Multi-Repair and drove on. Rounding the corner, the IS-6 has isolated himself from the IS-8, so we took the opportunity to finish the IS-6 off before the IS-8 arrives. Just as I finish the IS-6, the IS-8 shows up, and we put a shot into each other, both were penetrations. However, my Adrenaline was still up with 6 seconds effect or so, I still had premmo loaded, and my shot hurts him more because it did a decent damage roll, leaving him at 160 HP or so while I still have roughly 430 HP, and I know I can load faster before he does, so I gave chase to the IS-8 and killed him with another clean penetration through the front plate just as my Adrenaline effect dissipated. Won the match by HP conservation, better technical knowledge and resourcefulness, and sheer determination.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"Adapt and create your own. Be like water" - Bruce Lee 

erwin10001 #13 Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 18186 battles
  • [SEALZ]

I've started on tier 7 so my comments are limited to those I have experience with:

IS:  I like this a lot better than T-150/KV-1s. This is just so much fun to drive. The DPM is also perfectly serviceable with high alpha. Sidescraping is possible.

AMX M4:  Higher DPM and double the rate of fire of the IS, I love fighting Dracs / LTTB / Comets with this. Sidescraping may not be that effective.

T29: Slow and entertaining, and very good in certain maps that allow you to be hull down. (AT2 lovers disappointed in AT7/8 will love the T29...Blitzstars says I am ranked 153 in AT2 so I consider myself a big fan of AT2)

LTTB: I am learning how to drive this. It is not exactly a better VK28, because the VK28 has a much better gun. If you hunt as a pack, its much better.

Comet: DPM + gun depression = win 

T25/2: sorry Hellcat and Jackson lovers, this is not the TD you are looking for. It has high DPM, but is not a sneaky tank like Hellcat. 

Neb10k #14 Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 45076 battles
  • [HAVOC]

Kv3 is best beginner tank - point and shoot. T43 next best option.

NOT German tanks.

__CaP__ #15 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

Corporal

• 4914 battles
  • [HAVOC]
Lttb and T-43 - simples. Many of the reasons have already been stated and plus, they carry the same gun (the middle gun on the Lttb which i feel is better for that tank) so you only have to grind it once. Work both of those at the same time and you will plenty of fun.

Lord_Melchett #16 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:54 AM

Sergeant

• 15319 battles
  • [1914]

You've got some good and lengthy advice above.

My first tier 7 was the T43, and I don't regret that choice at all.  It's a good solid medium.

erwin10001 #17 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 18186 battles
  • [SEALZ]

I seriously don't think LTTB is a beginner's tank. Its got some quirks with its gun that make it more difficult to play than the VK28.01.

Also, grinding the MT-25 doesn't really prepare you for the LTTB, whereas grinding the Cromwell actually teaches you how to play the Comet.

VK28.01 - Both gun and mobility are good

LTTB, the gun is not so good ... like I said in a separate LTTB thread, I find that shots that I could easily hit with VK28, I was missing with LTTB because its aiming circle seems bigger/worse dispersion?

Wouldn't beginner tanks be more in the way of heavies like IS, T29. Just point your big gun at enemy and shoot?

__CaP__ #18 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

Corporal

• 4914 battles
  • [HAVOC]

View Posterwin10001, on 13 October 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

I seriously don't think LTTB is a beginner's tank. Its got some quirks with its gun that make it more difficult to play than the VK28.01.

Also, grinding the MT-25 doesn't really prepare you for the LTTB, whereas grinding the Cromwell actually teaches you how to play the Comet.

VK28.01 - Both gun and mobility are good

LTTB, the gun is not so good ... like I said in a separate LTTB thread, I find that shots that I could easily hit with VK28, I was missing with LTTB because its aiming circle seems bigger/worse dispersion?

Wouldn't beginner tanks be more in the way of heavies like IS, T29. Just point your big gun at enemy and shoot?

Depends on the guys playstyle which he said was all round . Going by his list it seems he has primarily grinded med/light lines primarily. I admit the LTTB takes a bit more skill but I would not be advising him to go up the nerfed British meds route. Plus he gets to do the t43 at the same time. Either way, if he wants to progress he will have to learn these tanks anyway. 

Edited by __CaP__, 13 October 2017 - 03:17 PM.

Creighton_Abrams #19 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 16905 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Have you tried looking at the Blitz Stars Web site ?

https://www.blitzsta...sia/MrpreGaming

From there, you can slice and dice your own game play experience and together with the experiences of the experts here on the Forum, make up your own mind as to where you should focus your attention 

Sorry, for being vague - but I am probably the worst player to offer any advice, other than showing you the tools to make up your own mind.

Enjoy the game.

MrpreGaming #20 Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:08 AM

Corporal

• 4239 battles
  • [TAKEN]
Well so far after days of grinding, i actually took the AMX M4 45 first and had no regrets in it since it just promotes my tiger 1 playstyle. But i think i have severe regrets when i bought kv-13. That thing's gun depression is the 2nd worse i've seen in a long while (apart from that tier 3 frenchie td). I mean srsly, i feel that this tank definitely not made for fighting ridges. Well i gotta live with it for another idk how many battles since im only using kv-13 to get t43 and IS's cheaper exp costs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users